PDA

View Full Version : Would the forum be interested in a campaign log of a train wreck?

Albions_Angel
2016-02-20, 02:27 PM
Hi all

Fairly soon I will be running a 3.5e short campaign in a generic Core/Complete world. Its for a group of friends who have played a grand total of 1 and a quarter 5e games.

Ill be honest, its gunna be a TOTAL TRAIN WRECK. None of them know how to play 3.5. Frankly, none of them know how to play 5th. But its a bit of fun and will run for 5 or 6 sessions and get no higher than level 4 I expect.

Would anyone be interested in reading that?

ComaVision
2016-02-20, 02:30 PM
I'd read it. New players have the best ideas IMO.

Palanan
2016-02-20, 03:15 PM
There's a special sort of fun to be had with a slapdash, over-the-top game session, where the players are bashing around and chasing wild geese in droves.

So if it's well-written, well-paced and allows the players' personalities to shine through, it should be a great campaign log.

yellowrocket
2016-02-20, 03:32 PM
Veteran players have characters and archtypes, new players, they have personality. Give then a chance to let it shine through and it will. I'm looking forward to their adventures.

Side note; is the name a reference to a real place or the fable series?

Albions_Angel
2016-02-20, 04:06 PM
Veteran players have characters and archtypes, new players, they have personality. Give then a chance to let it shine through and it will. I'm looking forward to their adventures.

Side note; is the name a reference to a real place or the fable series?

I dont believe I mentioned the campaign name. Do you mean my name? In which case neither. Its a reference to William Blake and the fantastic epic poem America, A Prophecy. It tells the tale of the Angel of Albion (a stand in for the spiritual protector of Albion, or England/UK) watching the growth and prophesying the downfall of the United States. Regardless of the subject, the writing is amazing and I fell in love with it when I read it as a child. The name stuck.

Coidzor
2016-02-20, 04:57 PM
Circle Chief saga was a fun bit, so there is some level of interest.

InvisibleBison
2016-02-20, 06:38 PM
I'd certainly be interested in this. Especially if it turns out to not be a train wreck!

yellowrocket
2016-02-22, 09:48 PM
Albion is the name of the kingdom on the fable video e series published by Microsoft for the pc and Xbox.