PDA

View Full Version : Top 1001 most interesting/fun/cool things in D&D/PF (excluding spells/spell-likes)

SangoProduction
2016-02-20, 05:56 PM
Can include feats, class abilities, racial abilities, magic items, etc. Just nothing that is essentially a spell/psionic power/etc.
Perhaps give a power rating of 1 to 10, with 1 being horrible (ie it's bad but cool) and 10 being broken.

Ones I can think of:

Darkstalker [feat] - Allows you to hide from special senses.
I'd rate it 5 to 7, depending on if the GM says Invisibility can be bypassed by using special senses.

Skeleton Suit [Equipment] - Its appearance was much like a wet suit with tubes going down the lengths of the arms, legs, and down the back of the spine. In these tubes was a fledgling water elemental who after bonding with the suit wearer would be able to improve their reflex save by a small amount and run their body to safety (albeit clumsily) if they ever fell unconscious.
Maybe.... 3 to 6, based on what I remember. It sucks in high op games where you would just die in one shot, but is otherwise cool. If you are in a lower op game, it could well save you a couple times, lol.

Cerefel
2016-02-20, 06:05 PM
Elves' racial immunity to ghoul paralysis is pretty interesting and often forgotten.

SangoProduction
2016-02-20, 06:20 PM
Elves' racial immunity to ghoul paralysis is pretty interesting and often forgotten.

Where is that mentioned?

Cerefel
2016-02-20, 06:25 PM
Where is that mentioned?

It's mostly grandfathered into the rules from original D&D, but it is mentioned under the ghoul monster listing. Fun thing: Dragonborn elves, and also mongrelfolk would get this immunity as well due to being considered elves by magical effects that check for it.

EDIT: Mongrelfolk wouldn't get full immunity, but they would get a bonus against it. (I misremembered the racial ability)

Snowbluff
2016-02-20, 10:13 PM
Domain Feats: 10/10
First of all, it's another use for Turn/Rebuke undead

I like:
Trickery Devotion: A good distraction levels to copying your attacks
Travel Devotion: More Movement
Law Devotion: A HUGE bonus to attack or ac.
Chaos Devotion: Like law devotion, but less reliable.
Animal Devotion: Easy movement, including flight
Knowledge Devotion: Actually worse than Law devotion, but gives damage
Protection Devotion: One of the straight AC feats I'd call worth it.
Death Devotion: One shot kill at first level.

Reserve Feats: 5-7/10

SangoProduction
2016-02-20, 10:26 PM
Domain Feats: 10/10
First of all, it's another use for Turn/Rebuke undead

I like:
Trickery Devotion: A good distraction levels to copying your attacks
Travel Devotion: More Movement
Law Devotion: A HUGE bonus to attack or ac.
Chaos Devotion: Like law devotion, but less reliable.
Animal Devotion: Easy movement, including flight
Knowledge Devotion: Actually worse than Law devotion, but gives damage
Protection Devotion: One of the straight AC feats I'd call worth it.
Death Devotion: One shot kill at first level.

Reserve Feats: 5-7/10

Yeah, those are pretty good.

ben-zayb
2016-02-20, 11:32 PM
My first answer for questions like this for items is Rod of Ropes (2/10), then followed by Chaos Flask (3/10, or 9/10 with heavy cheese) and Psychoactive Skin of Proteus (10/10)

FocusWolf413
2016-02-21, 12:53 AM
Chaos beasts are super cool. They turn things into other chaos beasts.

Oooh, I should start a game where everything gets turned into chaos beasts.