PDA

View Full Version : Nexus Trog's Tavern CCLI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Gullara
2016-02-21, 11:14 AM
https://drive.google.com/uc?id=0B5bKlQSiirV-QWtUWXV0UVlIcUE

*Upon entering the tavern you find it to be rustic, dim, cramped, and smelling of spilled beer. Moving through the crowd, half of which seem to be deadtiming, you spot a fireplace with a banjowood carving on the mantle, you also make out through the haze the curving bar and private booths hidden behind ferns. A side door leading to a patio outside reveals a hungry looking dumpster mimic sneaking towards an unsuspecting customer.

Near the stairs to the second floor rooms is a small white stone platform with a blue tree-like symbol on it. Standing on this platform will teleport someone to the Sanctuary Fortress located Inside where healers are always standing by in case of bar-brawls.

Trog's can be found right around the corner from any place in the Nexus. Somehow. It's best not to question it.

Staff:
Owner and Proprietor: Trog
Manager: El Jaspero
Bartenders: The Watchers (they're nice deranged cultists, really!), Phoebe, Ashna, Ambrosia

Trog's Tavern hires only the finest NPC servers:
((Since all are NPCs they are up for communal control. Feel free to say what they do or say to you or any other patron. To a point.))

Bouncer: Baby (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8627338#post8627338) (NPC, a dwarf who was raised by orcs and has the intellect of Thog.)

Servers:
Nina - A fiesty and vivacious tiefling. Mean, self-centered and completely unavailable. You may have seen her recently on the WotC 4E cartoon.
Paige - A sweet, wholesome, flirty elf working her way through PC school.
Cosmo - A quick-witted and oppressed gnome scoundrel. Truly a monster. RAWR!

DRINK MENU:
Wines:
Catoblepas Sauvingnon
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with a hits of oak and black cherry.
Chuul Lounge - Bacardi Limon, Aberration , creme de bananes and juices into a Chuul shaker half-filled with ice cubes. Shake well. Strain into a highball glass half-filled with ice cubes, and serve.
Constitution Crushing Wine - Fort. DC 35 or pass out!
Cormyrian Fireamber - Imported and very good.
Eladrin Carbernet - Official Feywine of the Wild Hunt.
Feline's Fancy - A purplish, swirly mixture that any feline will adore.
Funky Llama - A rich fruity wine, available in white or red.
Iames Agonia - This tart, dark red wine will stun you and leave you feeling good for hours.
Kobold Chianti - Tart. Tangy. Shifty.
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.
Powerlust Pinot - For those corruptable humans.
Shadar-Kai Shadowine - Served in a jagged, broken glass.
Spoonake Chablis - Straight from the Underdark!
Warlock Wine - Best served cold.
Xorn Zinfandel - Sweet and fruity!

Mixed Drinks:
A Drink - Generic booze with ice that can be shaken, stirred, or you know, whatever. Try to be more imaginative next time.
Aboleth Absinthe - Far Realmilicious!
Black Shadow - A strong concoction guaranteed to send a chill down your spine at any temperature.
Coffee Martini - Buzzzzz.
Djinn and Tonic - Whirling ice cubes, fizzy soda, and one drunk genie.
Dragon Liver Buster - Strongest drink in the house.
Dwarf Spirits
Fire Archon Asylum Rum - "FAAR!!!"
Haley's Liquer - Named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liquer, excellent over ice.
Hemo Colada - 100% less coconut, 100% more ichor.
Ice Liquer - From the Plane of Ice: guaranteed to cool you down.
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood.
Jasphattan - El J's Secret Recipie, vermouth & bitters.
LEVEL UP LIQUER - Need a few extra XP? We gots XP in a bottle!
Long Island Iced Tea - Tastes better than it will make you feel in the morning.
Murderita - Wasted away again...
Piña CoLlama - If you're not into yoga and have half a brain.
Rampaging Rail Mixer - Mad strong!
Rust Monster - Scotch, drambuie shaken in a wooden mixer.
Sneak on the Beach - Peach vodka, cran-pineapple juice, a cat hair.
Swampwater - Phosphorescent lemon-lime.
White Russian Wukei - For bounty hunters who dig dairy.
Wizard Blizzard - Crushed ice and Bourbon. The effect depends on the spell stored in it.

Beers & Such:
Ales - Archon, Guilders, Balthor's Best.
Grim Brewery Ginger Beer - Death-o-licious!
Mind Flayer Mead - Mmm... brains.

Other Fine Beverages:
Celestial Soda Pop - Soda specially brewed in Celestia. Tastes divine.
Darknight Coffee - Cream has no effect.
Dragon's Fire Breath (Cherry Kool-Aid) - For the kids!
Fox Cola - The choice of the furry generation.
Llamonade - That cool, refreshing drink for quadrupeds.
Oni Tea - From the far east.
Red Minotaur Energy Drink - a-MAZE-ing energy!
Root Beer
Save vs. Slow Slurpees™ - C-c-c-cold...
Hot Chocolate - Mmmmmmarshmallows.

MUNCHIES MENU:
AbyssalNuts - Damned and spicy.
Baked Goods - Scones and Muffins and Brownies oh my! We have no cake - the cake is a lie!
Bamhacon - Where the ham meets the bacon. Served with eggs.
Court of Stars Salad - Fresh fey greens.
Hero Sandwiches - What else? Served with Villain vinegrette.
Velvet Elfish - Trogtilla chips and hot meat and cheese dip.
Yuan-ti Gyros - Lamb. Or halfling. We're not sure.
Trog's Floor Chili - Don't ask Trog where it came from and Trog won't tell you, "the floor".

SMOKABLES:
Dwarven Cigars - From our axe-hewn humidor.
Coffin Nail™ Cigarettes - Get Nailed!
Halfling Pipeweed - Bogart™ brand.

((When this thread reaches page 50, anyone can make the next thread. However, if you want to make changes to the OP, please check in the OOC thread first to make sure everyone agrees.))

Lost_Deep
2016-02-21, 02:27 PM
Lyov smiles a little. "She can take it. I believe we will get along rather well, young one, though I will say that control will get you farther than... not controlling yourself."

"I saw ha fewst, Lyov." Ilyona starts to protest, but get silenced by her brother's next words. "I have one of the specimens you requested, dear sister. He resisted too much, so he's more dead than alive. The criminal won't be missed."

While Ilyona notes that it's not the same as getting to tinker with Nimaah's innards, she doesn't turn down the opportunity to tinker with anyone's innards. "Oh, that's wondah-fuwl!" She exclaims, and excitedly runs out of the bar to investigate.

Lyov smiles. "Well, that ought to sate her curiosity a bit. Of course, she will still want to get some blood and DNA samples... though I believe I wouldn't be wrong in suggesting you wouldn't want that?"‎

"Yeah, I do like to keep my insides inside," Nimaah says, "But I understand curiosity. Maybe if she asks nicely. And pays me," she offers. Nimaah then shrugs, and goes about ordering some basic food.

Gullara
2016-02-21, 02:54 PM
"Ohhhhoho, you can't fool me," Adir smirks brazenly and leans forward, putting his hand on Sakura's thigh. "You like being in charge, don't you?" The stag flushes a little, quirking his head to one side as his ears fold back against his head. "Having control of me?" He grins. In many ways she already does. He wasn't sure she was exactly aware of it, however.

Sakura giggles and leans back for another drink. Wait, her cup's already empty? The dryad sets it on the bar. "Maaaaybe a little, but only because you're so cute!" She declares. She will not fold under these accusations!

Cyber Punk
2016-02-23, 11:23 AM
"Are you sure our currency will be useful to you?" Lyov asks, reaching across the bar to grab his sister's drink and sample some of it.

"I see you mentioned something about arson. Does it have anything to do with your arm tattoos, I wonder?" He inquires, eyeing her flaming tats.‎

"Ooh, this is wondahful!" Ilyona exclaims from outside, eyeing her prize and preparing to do some digging in.

Murkus
2016-02-23, 10:53 PM
Sakura giggles and leans back for another drink. Wait, her cup's already empty? The dryad sets it on the bar. "Maaaaybe a little, but only because you're so cute!" She declares. She will not fold under these accusations!

"Nonono, cute's what you call one of the kids. I'm rugged. Sexy," Adir quirks one of his heavy brows at her dramatically and sips his drink for extra effect. The stag seems to notice her lack of inebriation, however.

"Oh, here, I gotcha." He starts to pour more wine for Sakura without thinking about it, and then realizes how fast it went. "Wait, I said-- dammit! Oh, whatever." Adir swallows what's left of his drink with one go and grabs the neck of the bottle, tipping it over his glass. He watches the rich liquid steadily collect, mumbling, "If we're gonna drink, might as well get plastered."

Gullara
2016-02-24, 11:37 PM
"I'm not even drinking that much. It's just one cup." Sakura insists. What's so bad about that? She sips her drink, giving him a look. "And besides, you are cute whether you like it or not. Can't pretend!"

Lost_Deep
2016-02-25, 04:27 PM
"Are you sure our currency will be useful to you?" Lyov asks, reaching across the bar to grab his sister's drink and sample some of it.

"I see you mentioned something about arson. Does it have anything to do with your arm tattoos, I wonder?" He inquires, eyeing her flaming tats.‎

"Ooh, this is wondahful!" Ilyona exclaims from outside, eyeing her prize and preparing to do some digging in.

Nimaah shrugs. "I like to play with fire. Even good soldiers will flip out if you ignite them. Arson tends to be a side-effect. And as long as someone takes the money, I think I can make use of it."

Cyber Punk
2016-02-25, 11:34 PM
Lyov just laughs. "Well said. You know, from what our father tells us, I used to be an arsonist. Now I've been given new purpose, and fire is but one tool in my arsenal. I don't mean to tell you how to live, but knowing when and when not to use fire will make all the difference."

((An arsonist? Piotr would be perfect for her! Then they can talk about how sexy the sight of things burning are, and the therapeutic effects. Maybe after the twins leave.))

"So. Tell me of this place you are from." Lyov asks, and prepares to listen.‎

5a Violista
2016-02-26, 02:57 AM
Krystal chuckles and shakes her head a bit.

Okay, first off? Robots can be reprogrammed. Easier than living beings.

Second, who says you have to get rid of your flair for the dramatic? Have you seen some of the heroes from my world? I mean, you can't tell me Ironman doesn't have some of that flair. Or Thor. Spider-Man, too.

Malicebot #8 sees if he can steer the topic of the conversation away from admitting that Krystal is right and that he can see her point.

So, he latches onto the reprogramming sentence. "Ah, but why would I want to reprogram myself? It would be like admitting that I wasn't made by a infallible god. Would you want to commit such blasphemy if you had the option to reprogram yourself? Would you even consider it a positive to reprogram all humans by changing their DNA, telocytes, and neural pathways?" he asks. Then, he quickly adds (before anyone has a chance to have a dissenting opinion), "No, you would not."

"At least, if you've ever read any post-apocalyptic teen romance novels, you wouldn't," he says. "If you don't want this world to devolve into a teen romance novel, just admit I'm right."

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-26, 03:01 AM
Krystal stares at him blankly for a moment.

That...had nothing to do with what we're talking about.

Malicebot 8 used Deflect Topic!

...it's not very effective.

Which means you couldn't think of a good response. Which might just mean that you agree with me. Krystal gives him a wide grin.

5a Violista
2016-02-26, 04:28 AM
Krystal used Insight!
She can now predict Malicebot #8's next move.

"Hey, just because I'm a robot," the Malicebot says, "doesn't mean that I can't think of a good response. I've thought of thousands of good responses. More good responses than most people can come up with in their lifetime."

"But..." His robotic voice falters, somehow. Yes. You're right."

His voice turns more to one of warning. "Nobody heard me say that, though."

KerfuffleMach2
2016-02-26, 09:41 AM
Krystal chuckles a bit.

No, of course not. Nobody heard you at all.

Which is why you need to speak up!

So, does that mean you want to try this stuff my way now?

Lost_Deep
2016-02-26, 01:13 PM
Lyov just laughs. "Well said. You know, from what our father tells us, I used to be an arsonist. Now I've been given new purpose, and fire is but one tool in my arsenal. I don't mean to tell you how to live, but knowing when and when not to use fire will make all the difference."

((An arsonist? Piotr would be perfect for her! Then they can talk about how sexy the sight of things burning are, and the therapeutic effects. Maybe after the twins leave.))

"So. Tell me of this place you are from." Lyov asks, and prepares to listen.‎

"Eh, you mean Korriban, Dromund Kaas, or... actually, both those places stink. I don't really consider any planet my home." She says with a shrug. "I've got places I can go when I need to. No need to shackle myself down."

((It's not that simple, Nimaah is being more than a little obtuse.))

Morty
2016-02-26, 09:28 PM
Wenomir arrives in Trog's, on business. As such, he's got his business clothes on, which is to say his mail shirt and heavy tabart with Vigil's crest on it. He scans the room in search of the person he came here to see. The Answer, in form of a longsword, is at his side. Part of his official outfit as well, and besides, one can't be too cautious.

Shadowcaller
2016-02-27, 04:43 PM
A human woman makes her way to Wenomir's table dressed in a white armor that seems more like an adornment than for protection. It have those pointy armored gloves that look like claws; a long black tabard which flows all the way to the floor as if had been a part of a dress. Considering how artistically adorned it is, all it would need would be enormous shoulder pads and it could have passed for an MMO armor. She places a huge tome on the table, causing it to vibrate slightly. "Wenomir, leader of VIGIL, I assume? I guess there is no really need to hide my identity anymore. You friends have already told you what I am. Nonetheless, you don't know who I am. Ambrosia Ithil at your service." She nods politely as she takes a seat, that armored claw-like hand still resting upon the book.

Morty
2016-02-27, 04:53 PM
"That's me, yes," Wenomir says. His sword is resting against the side of the table. "I appreciate you meeting me. I've been told what you are, and that you might know something that can help us against the Cuthun demons, but not much beyond that."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-27, 05:12 PM
She raises an eyebrow. "Really? Did Adir tell you that? I don't think I managed to help him so I'm not sure how much help I'd be against these 'demons' of yours." Ambrosia replies.

Morty
2016-02-27, 05:28 PM
"It was Cessie, actually. My co-leader. You're a dragon, as I understand it, and dragons seem to be able to undo the demons' corruption," Wenomir says.

Shadowcaller
2016-02-27, 05:59 PM
"Sakura's friend." Ambrosia clarifies for herself as she hear the sorceress name. "And yes, no need to hide that from you." She meets the warrior's gaze, her brown eyes turning deep purple for a moment. "You have to be more specific with your request however, what exactly are you asking of me here?"

Morty
2016-02-27, 06:09 PM
"I was hoping you could explain some things to me," Wenomir says. "From what I was told, you're a scholar. And I'd like to know why those demons are affected by bones of dragons. Why dragons in particular? It's about time we stopped groping around blindly. So if you have any insight to impart, I'd be very grateful for it."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-27, 07:22 PM
She suddenly smiles, her eyes turning back to brown. "Ah, for a moment I thought you were going to ask me to fight for you. But that; I can try to help you with." She removes her armored hand from the book and it opens by itself, as are the pages that starts to flip on their own accord. "So demons you say?" The pages are put to a sudden halt as she puts down her hand in-between two of them and then text starts to appear on the empty pages. "Now, I don't know exactly what type of 'demon' you refer to so I'm just gonna tell you about the type of I know. Back in tesura, my own world, some people call spirits 'demons' and if these beings are the same, this weakness is probably a 'bane'. Some spirits have a radically opposed concept, a antithesis if you will. Something which unmakes their very being. A fire spirit could have a water bane for instance, a hatred spirit love and so forth." She drums her fingers across the page, studying it carefully. "A dragon bane is unusual though, my kin is supposed to guide spirits. Not destroy them." The scholar looks up at the dragon again. "You should tell me more about these so-called 'demons'."

Murkus
2016-02-27, 07:46 PM
"I'm not even drinking that much. It's just one cup." Sakura insists. What's so bad about that? She sips her drink, giving him a look. "And besides, you are cute whether you like it or not. Can't pretend!"

"One cup is a lot for the vertically challenged," Adir gripes good-naturedly, spinning around and leaning back against the bar, his arms spreading to either side. He continues to steadily squeak the stool left and right, his eyes on Sakura. "And I'll... fix that! I'll get some more scars! Grow a beard!"

Morty
2016-02-27, 07:46 PM
Wenomir drums his fingers on the table, thinking.

"Destroy isn't the right word. See, those demons seem a more diverse lot than we thought, and we don't really know much about where they came from or what they want. But what they have in common is the corruption. They can infect living beings with their essence, twisting them to their purpose. Dragon bone reverses that effect, for some reason."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-27, 08:09 PM
"Really? Well, banes do behave differently from spirit to spirit. More complex spirits have more than one, some lesser, others greater, with different effects. I don't know anything about 'corruption' however; spirits can only possess things. Speaking of which are you aware that one of your members, Adir, has a wife which is possessed by a spirit? I wouldn't normally tell you as I respect their privacy but I figure that it's best to be open about it so there are no misunderstandings regarding it and these 'demons'. She is possessed by a benign fertility devi. You might have noticed how many children she have had recently, something which has been caused by its influence. I can confirm that it's not one of these demons you are fighting however and that it isn't directly dangerous. I have spoken to it." Ambrosia explains.

Cyber Punk
2016-02-28, 01:35 AM
"Eh, you mean Korriban, Dromund Kaas, or... actually, both those places stink. I don't really consider any planet my home." She says with a shrug. "I've got places I can go when I need to. No need to shackle myself down."

((It's not that simple, Nimaah is being more than a little obtuse.))

"Many in the nexus are drifters that find their home here. Peradventure this will ring true for you, as well." Lyov says, nodding, his doll-like head bobbing about his cord-like neck.

Ilyona suddenly rushes back in, having done some preliminary investigating to her satisfaction. "Yes! Nimaah, give me yaw bwood! And bone mawwoh! And otha things! Pwease?"

Lyov shakes his head and hands Nimaah some money. "As agreed."‎

Morty
2016-02-28, 07:30 PM
Wenomir raises his hand slowly, and pinches the bridge of his nose. Yes, that's just what he needed right now...

"There's no such thing as a benign or harmless spirit possession. Not in the long run. I wasn't aware of it. Is it possible to banish this spirit from her?"

Shadowcaller
2016-02-28, 07:35 PM
Ambrosia nods. "It is. But Sakura isn't willing so the process would only harm her. There is a strong bond between her and the spirit in question, they're nearly the same person you see. So she feels sympathy for it, I don't think she likes me very much for even unmasking it's presence. It caused quite an ruckus between her and Adir."

Gullara
2016-02-28, 07:38 PM
"One cup is a lot for the vertically challenged," Adir gripes good-naturedly, spinning around and leaning back against the bar, his arms spreading to either side. He continues to steadily squeak the stool left and right, his eyes on Sakura. "And I'll... fix that! I'll get some more scars! Grow a beard!"

"Ewww, no! No beard!" Sakura insists. She laughs loudly. "You already know I don't like those! Besides, I like you better cute." She nods exaggeratedly.

Morty
2016-02-28, 07:49 PM
Wenomir sighs heavily, then frowns, and an edge creeps into his voice.

"I'll go talk to her and Adir. Maybe we can talk some sense into Sakura. It may not be directly dangerous, but influencing someone's life this way... no. It's not right. Ever."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-28, 07:54 PM
"Things are never simple and this spirit isn't some 'demon', it is an intelligent creature like Sakura. It is true that it's influencing the minds of her and those around her however. I don't believe it deserves to die though. It doesn't want to have such an impact, it just happens naturally for it." Ambrosia explains. "At least as far as I can determine. But it's also manipulative in the extreme so one should always be cautious. I do believe it got that from Sakura though, the lady is far less innocent that she first appears." The scholar smiles faintly.

Morty
2016-02-28, 08:03 PM
"I don't really know Sakura that well," Wenomir admits. "I'm not talking about killing it, either. Just separating it from Sakura so it can cease its... manipulation, as you put it. How does it influence the minds of those around it?"

Shadowcaller
2016-02-28, 08:17 PM
"How or in what way? It's a kami, a conceptual spirit and it influences everything around it just by existing. It makes everything around it more fertile, more interested in reproducing, just to survive. It is a devi though so unlike an Asura, the other type of higher kami, it's touch is rather subtle. It doesn't make it's presence know right away." Ambrosia explains, dropping terms left and right. "It's impossible to say exactly how the influence works but just by being in it's presence it will touch your mind even if you don't notice it. It probably isn't something you should be too concerned about though. Devi plans long-term, it won't be mind controlling you or the people around it."

Murkus
2016-02-28, 08:21 PM
"I know! I can hold it over you," Adir says gleefully, casually tipping more wine into his mouth. He grins big enough that it narrows his eyes, then shows her his teeth, saying, "And against you. I'll make sure it's extra scratchy. It's the beard ultimatum. No beard, no cute."

Gullara
2016-02-28, 08:25 PM
"Oh yeah? As if you could be anything but cute. It's impossible." Sakura nods sagely. She knows her husband. "Besides, I could probably figure out how to shave you in your sleep."

Morty
2016-02-28, 08:31 PM
"I've never felt any desire to have children," Wenomir says, his voice dry and sardonic. "Either I haven't spent enough time around Sakura, or the thought of me reproducing is just too absurd." Even before Kr vanished without a trace. "Also, you're using terms I have no clue about, but I understand the general meaning. Getting rid of that thing won't be easy, but we need to try."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-28, 08:44 PM
"It doesn't effect everyone to the same degree, no. And my apologizes, sometimes I forget myself. Either way, what you need to do is convince her. Try to talk to Adir before you talk to Sakura and please don't mention my name to her. It's better if she believes you learned this from Adir than me. But if he risks getting into more trouble, just blame it on me. I can afford it." He couldn't considering how the two had interacted.

Morty
2016-02-28, 08:50 PM
"Right. I'll do that," Wenomir says. "But we've strayed from my original purpose. You said spirits have banes, but the demons aren't spirits. They're quite physical. You said dragons are meant to guide spirits?"

Shadowcaller
2016-02-28, 08:59 PM
Ambrosia nods again. "Spirits can sometimes be physical by possessing matter. But yeah, dragons were to serve as a link between the physical and the spiritual world. As bringers of order if you will. Not sure how any of this relates to your demons but perhaps I could say more if I could see them for myself? I refuse to conduct research on some poor subject dragged here against its will however."

Murkus
2016-02-28, 08:59 PM
"Oh yeah? As if you could be anything but cute. It's impossible." Sakura nods sagely. She knows her husband. "Besides, I could probably figure out how to shave you in your sleep."

"Little girls shouldn't play with razors," Adir banters with a half-hearted grunt, tossing his head back and drawing in a tired breath through his nose. "They can hurt themselves. Or their poor sleeping spouses. I know you, you've never shaved a thing in your life."

Gullara
2016-02-28, 09:09 PM
"There's that 'little girl' comment again. I don't see how you're gonna get anything you want this way." Sakura crosses her arms and turns up her nose.

Murkus
2016-02-28, 09:16 PM
"Mm? Oh yeah?" Adir raises his head lazily, sliding his back along the bar as he leans toward his wife. "And just whaddya think I want?"

Gullara
2016-02-28, 11:36 PM
"I know what you should want. To make me happy. If you know what's good for you, I mean." Sakura gives him a wink. "But I dunno, maybe you don't want what's good for you, hmmm?" A silly grin spreads across her face.

Morty
2016-02-29, 10:16 AM
Ambrosia nods again. "Spirits can sometimes be physical by possessing matter. But yeah, dragons were to serve as a link between the physical and the spiritual world. As bringers of order if you will. Not sure how any of this relates to your demons but perhaps I could say more if I could see them for myself? I refuse to conduct research on some poor subject dragged here against its will however."

"You would be far less compassionate towards them, had you seen what they do to people," Wenomir says sourly. "We don't have any demons, but we do have two people who were infected by their corruption."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-29, 11:12 AM
"I'm not sure what 'corruption' you're talking about, but I could have a look at it. I will most likely be able to tell more about how these creatures once I get to see them." Ambrosia replies.

Morty
2016-02-29, 11:54 AM
"It's just as I told you," Wenomir says. "The demons can transform living beings by exposing them to their... essence. Not sure how to call it. The transformation can have different effects. Sometimes it's purely physical, but at other times it can have no visible mark, but influence the victim's mind. I don't know how it works, except that dragon bones reverse the effects. And I want to find out."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-29, 12:01 PM
Ambrosia leans in a bit as Wenomir describes the corruption, listening intently. "Interesting. But give me some of this 'essence' and I will be able to tell you more. This project could be worth investigating."

Morty
2016-02-29, 12:47 PM
"Hopefully a sample of their blood should work," Wenomir says, rubbing his chin. "I can get you one without a problem. We need to stop groping around in the dark when it comes to those demons."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-29, 01:43 PM
"I'm all for that." Ambrosia replies with a nod, her gaze shifting over to look at the warrior's sword. "Before you go though, may I ask what your sword is? You are aware that it too is spiritual in nature, yes? A concept made form."

Morty
2016-02-29, 02:01 PM
Wenomir blinks. He's surprised, but come to think of it, maybe he shouldn't be. Ambrosia isn't a warrior, but she's clearly knowledgeable about spirits and concepts.

"Yes, I know what it is. It's the Answer to the Riddle of Steel. The embodiment of the martial philosophy that I follow. I earned it, and now it's bound to me. It's not a sword, as such, or any other specific weapon. It can be any weapon I'm familiar with if I will it to be."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-29, 03:12 PM
"A powerful weapon no doubt. But it too has a will of it's own doesn't it? It would reject you if you abandoned your philosophy, wouldn't it?" The scholar asks as she attempts to meet Wenomir's gaze. "In a way, it's a form of spirit isn't it?"

Morty
2016-02-29, 03:26 PM
Wenomir looks Ambrosia in the eyes, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't know if it would. If I was ever going to 'abandon' the Riddle, I don't think I would have been allowed to find the Answer. It's not something I can let go of, like a religion or political allegiance. And it would really depend on how we define a spirit, wouldn't it? It is an idea made manifest."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-29, 05:08 PM
"I suppose spirits might not be defined the same everywhere, but where I'm from all spirits are born from concepts. They might not be intelligent or even sapient but they are a unit. It does react to your will does it not? So is it a simple machine or something more? The line is thin when it comes to pure concepts." Ambrosia argues.

Morty
2016-02-29, 06:01 PM
"There's nothing simple about it," Wenomir says. "It is a concept, taking the physical form of a weapon, that responds to my will. I don't think it's truly sapient, or it wouldn't need guardians and spokespeople as it did. Whether or not we call it a spirit is just a label."

Shadowcaller
2016-02-29, 07:06 PM
Ambrosia looks thoughtful for a moment. "It might be whatever you believe it is.You're it's wielder after all and it's your philosophy. The answer is whatever you believe it is and so is the weapon. It can change it's form can it not?" She finally says.

Morty
2016-02-29, 07:34 PM
"It can." Wenomir reaches out to take the sword, then pulls it out of its sheath. It's a long, narrow blade, tapering at the end. It has a strap of leather wrapped around the blade just above the cross-guard. The cross-guard itself is wide, ending in studs at each end, and the grip is wrapped in coarse leather. Entirely unremarkable, at first glance. "This is the form it took when I reached it. It looks like the sword my master got me when I started learning from him, many years ago." He frowns in concentration and the form of the sword shimmers and blurs. When it becomes sharp again, the sword is much longer - a proper two-handed greatsword, with half its blade having a wavy edge, a pair of protruding spikes above the cross-guard, and the cross-guard itself being a lot more elaborate.

Shadowcaller
2016-02-29, 07:49 PM
Ambrosia looks at the weapon closely. "You don't need to demonstrate actually. To me it's many things at once. I can see some of the possibilities but hardly all of them. It might be that this 'answer' could be nearly anything depending on its wielder." She pauses. "Be careful so it doesn't end up in the wrong hands. That is a dangerous tool of violence and slaughter you have there. It's made to cause death."

Murkus
2016-02-29, 08:08 PM
"I know what you should want. To make me happy. If you know what's good for you, I mean." Sakura gives him a wink. "But I dunno, maybe you don't want what's good for you, hmmm?" A silly grin spreads across her face.

"Whaaat, aren't you happy, Sakura?" Adir asks, his ears perked, his smile sultry and playful. "You know, I haven't trusted one person who tells me something's good for me. I mean, that's what they said about liquor, and look how that goes." The stag tips his glass against his lips.

Zefir
2016-03-01, 06:33 AM
At this time the fire elf girl get's her bowl of porridge
"That makes [Add Price] goldcoins."
The girl looks back.
"I don't have any coins with me." she says and befor the waitress can say anything she drops a few crystal shardes on the table. "Daddy gave me these to pay. Is that enougth for the Bowl?"

The nameless waitess looks at these , then takes them into her hand to get a closer look.
"Sure." she says. "That should do." She is not awayre how much the shards are worth and anyone having any idea of it knows that the girl gut get A bowl every day for at elast a month with those shardes.

Lost_Deep
2016-03-01, 10:33 AM
"Many in the nexus are drifters that find their home here. Peradventure this will ring true for you, as well." Lyov says, nodding, his doll-like head bobbing about his cord-like neck.

Ilyona suddenly rushes back in, having done some preliminary investigating to her satisfaction. "Yes! Nimaah, give me yaw bwood! And bone mawwoh! And otha things! Pwease?"

Lyov shakes his head and hands Nimaah some money. "As agreed."‎

Nimaah sputters. "Is this the local money? Seriously?" She gives the pair an incredulous look, and then offers an arm. "Just blood. Don't overdraw, either, I know enough about medicine to know if you're pushing it."

She does, too, and won't let Ilyona go beyond the typical blood sample amount.

Morty
2016-03-01, 11:41 AM
Ambrosia looks at the weapon closely. "You don't need to demonstrate actually. To me it's many things at once. I can see some of the possibilities but hardly all of them. It might be that this 'answer' could be nearly anything depending on its wielder." She pauses. "Be careful so it doesn't end up in the wrong hands. That is a dangerous tool of violence and slaughter you have there. It's made to cause death."

"The answer is quite definitely something else for everyone," Wenomir says. "It's what I realized at the end of my quest for this weapon. There's no one path to the Riddle. I don't plan to test it, but I doubt many people could use it," he adds. "Someone who also understands the Riddle, maybe, but I've never met another follower. And someone who just wanted to use it as a powerful weapon wouldn't be able to."

Shadowcaller
2016-03-01, 01:11 PM
"So how would it respond to someone not on the path? I'm not familiar with the philosophy of yours myself." Ambrosia asks as she flips the page of her book, holding her hand over it as if she was prepared to write something down.

Morty
2016-03-01, 06:47 PM
"I imagine it might be a bog-standard weapon in their hands," Wenomir ventures. "Or maybe even pass harmlessly through people. It might depend on how they obtain it. Few people are familiar with the Riddle, unless I tell them."

Cyber Punk
2016-03-02, 11:15 AM
"The local money is in gold. This is Russian Rubles. Problem?" Lyov stares back nonchalantly, then smiles a bit when she offers her hand.

She doesn't finish talking before Ilyona stabs a syringe in her arm and takes the required amount, then squeals and runs out. In the process, she does attempt to inject some monitoring nanomachines into her... for research purposes.

"Wasn't so hard now, was it?" Lyov smirks and sips out of his drink.‎

Shadowcaller
2016-03-02, 04:20 PM
"Interesting. So what is this philosophy that empowers this weapon?" Ambrosia asks.

Lost_Deep
2016-03-02, 07:28 PM
"Hey, you don't have to tell me, I've done crazier things with my blood," Nimaah counters, "I said I have some experience, didn't I?" She isn't sure she exactly said that, but whatever.

Gullara
2016-03-02, 11:43 PM
"Whaaat, aren't you happy, Sakura?" Adir asks, his ears perked, his smile sultry and playful. "You know, I haven't trusted one person who tells me something's good for me. I mean, that's what they said about liquor, and look how that goes." The stag tips his glass against his lips.

"I obviously know better than any of those people, though. Besides, if you can't trust me, who can you trust?" Sakura giggles and pushes her cup aside. Is that empty again?

5a Violista
2016-03-03, 03:05 AM
Krystal chuckles a bit.

No, of course not. Nobody heard you at all.

Which is why you need to speak up!

So, does that mean you want to try this stuff my way now?

Malicebot #8 stands up and swishes his cape. "Depends. Is your your way flashy and dramatized enough that you'll go down in history books and have three movies and a TV series made about you?" he asks.

It's an important question. Some people get movies made after them, and some people don't.

Morty
2016-03-03, 11:21 AM
"Interesting. So what is this philosophy that empowers this weapon?" Ambrosia asks.

"It's..." Wenomir pauses for a second. Few people are actually interested in the Riddle. "It's a philosophy of martial enlightenment through challenge and strife. There are different paths to the Riddle, like I said, and different answers. But what we all share is denying ourselves that which we didn't earn, and shunning the easy path. One becomes a Seeker of the Riddle when they look beyond simply fighting for whatever cause they may have previously had, and ask themselves why they do it. One way or the other, it means taking the road less travelled, and willingly passing through fire to become hardened."

Murkus
2016-03-03, 03:13 PM
"I obviously know better than any of those people, though. Besides, if you can't trust me, who can you trust?" Sakura giggles and pushes her cup aside. Is that empty again?

"Good lord, Sakura!" Adir scolds suddenly, blinking at her. What's she do with the stuff? This was like trying to buy her chocolate milk. "That's it. I'm taking what's left." Adir seizes a good half-bottle of chocolate wine and spins away from his wife, taking the whole rim of the bottle into his mouth for a long swig. Gods was this stuff good. He couldn't blame her, but he really had to keep the dryad safe. Booze could hurt her delicate constitution.

KerfuffleMach2
2016-03-03, 04:51 PM
Malicebot #8 stands up and swishes his cape. "Depends. Is your your way flashy and dramatized enough that you'll go down in history books and have three movies and a TV series made about you?" he asks.

It's an important question. Some people get movies made after them, and some people don't.

Krystal hesitates for a moment. She hadn't really thought about that before. She just wanted to help people. Buuuut...

With some minor tweaks, I'm pretty sure my way could give you those results. I mean, look at Spider-Man. And the Avengers. And every other hero back home.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-03, 04:54 PM
"Hey, you don't have to tell me, I've done crazier things with my blood," Nimaah counters, "I said I have some experience, didn't I?" She isn't sure she exactly said that, but whatever.

"Really? If I might request, do tell." Lyov replies, folding his arms and expecting her to elaborate. "I'm interested."

A hoarse scream starts from Ilyona's direction, then dies down.

Lost_Deep
2016-03-04, 10:46 AM
"So, I had to get into these ruins, but they were at the bottom of a toxic waste pit, and that would kill me. But there were these things, colicoids, that took it just fine. They were biologically altered, and I figured, 'hey, there's a good solution.' So I stuck myself with colicoid stuff, and it didn't turn me into a giant ravenous monster like it did them." Nimaah takes another swig of her drink. "Been harder to get drunk since, though."

Shadowcaller
2016-03-04, 10:59 AM
"It's..." Wenomir pauses for a second. Few people are actually interested in the Riddle. "It's a philosophy of martial enlightenment through challenge and strife. There are different paths to the Riddle, like I said, and different answers. But what we all share is denying ourselves that which we didn't earn, and shunning the easy path. One becomes a Seeker of the Riddle when they look beyond simply fighting for whatever cause they may have previously had, and ask themselves why they do it. One way or the other, it means taking the road less travelled, and willingly passing through fire to become hardened."

The scholar looks puzzled. "What is this 'easy path' and why it the one you're traveling more difficult? It sounds like fighting for the sake of fighting to simply steel oneself like a sword in a forge. Am I understanding this correctly?" Ambrosia asks.

Morty
2016-03-04, 07:47 PM
"Not 'fighting for the sake of fighting'," Wenomir says, patiently. "The first step towards the Riddle is asking ourselves why we really chose to become warriors. Is it really for riches, glory, religion or someone we owe fealty to? Or is it because martial conflict resonates with who we are on a fundamental level?" He pauses. "As for the easy path... being here, in the Nexus, and knowing who I used to know, I could have easily decked myself out in magic items. Replaced my arms with cybernetics that are three times as strong. Got myself a sword made out of plasma. But I didn't. Because that wouldn't be me anymore. I'd just become a rack for someone else's work. That was my road less travelled. It means different things for others."

Cyber Punk
2016-03-05, 01:43 PM
"So, I had to get into these ruins, but they were at the bottom of a toxic waste pit, and that would kill me. But there were these things, colicoids, that took it just fine. They were biologically altered, and I figured, 'hey, there's a good solution.' So I stuck myself with colicoid stuff, and it didn't turn me into a giant ravenous monster like it did them." Nimaah takes another swig of her drink. "Been harder to get drunk since, though."

"How brave. And how reckless." Lyov observes, shaking his head, causing it to bob about the way heads shouldn't bob about. "I suppose it wasn't just luck on your side? My sister's scans says your system has undergone some modifications."

Then he tuts once. "No need to hide it, that will make the both of us, though mine is more obvious. But then, you didn't have to die first."

Shadowcaller
2016-03-05, 02:17 PM
As Wenomir explains Ambrosia locks into one specific wording that he uses. "Martial conflicting resonating within you on a fundamental level? You have to forgive my ignorance but could you clarify what you mean by that then?"

Gullara
2016-03-05, 03:57 PM
"Good lord, Sakura!" Adir scolds suddenly, blinking at her. What's she do with the stuff? This was like trying to buy her chocolate milk. "That's it. I'm taking what's left." Adir seizes a good half-bottle of chocolate wine and spins away from his wife, taking the whole rim of the bottle into his mouth for a long swig. Gods was this stuff good. He couldn't blame her, but he really had to keep the dryad safe. Booze could hurt her delicate constitution.

"Hey!" Sakura laughs. "What're you even doing with that? I haven't drank that much!" She stands to try and wrestle it away from him, but instead she stumbles to the side, barely keeping her footing. "Whoa. I'm dizzy." She finally observes.

Morty
2016-03-05, 04:12 PM
"You know, no one has asked me that in a long time," Wenomir remarks. "And what I mean is... hard to explain, really. A seeker of a Riddle is a warrior, but not just a warrior. Each one of us has a reason why conflict, and resolving it with martial arts, became our way of life. And that reason might not be what we thought it was."

Lost_Deep
2016-03-05, 04:53 PM
"How brave. And how reckless." Lyov observes, shaking his head, causing it to bob about the way heads shouldn't bob about. "I suppose it wasn't just luck on your side? My sister's scans says your system has undergone some modifications."

Then he tuts once. "No need to hide it, that will make the both of us, though mine is more obvious. But then, you didn't have to die first."

"What? It's not like it's a big deal. Or, I suppose yours kind of is, but mine isn't. It doesn't change who I am or how I act." She shrugs. "But the Colicoid thing was the first one. Wait... I think it was the first one. Might have been a thing or two I don't know about, but I doubt it."

Shadowcaller
2016-03-05, 05:06 PM
"So you have an inner or outer conflict that you resolve by honing you skills? I've actually heard of similar philosophies but involving the mind rather than the body. So what you're saying is that it's not about the fighting itself but the training to become as good in something as possible. Is that correct?" She inquires.

Morty
2016-03-05, 06:34 PM
"Something like that. The goal is perfection and understanding. The means differ, for different people," Wenomir says.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-05, 10:04 PM
"What? It's not like it's a big deal. Or, I suppose yours kind of is, but mine isn't. It doesn't change who I am or how I act." She shrugs. "But the Colicoid thing was the first one. Wait... I think it was the first one. Might have been a thing or two I don't know about, but I doubt it."

Lyov's one natural eye narrows as he peers at Nimaah through his monocle. "Hmm... keep talking..."

Lost_Deep
2016-03-06, 03:29 PM
Nimaah blinks. "What? What about?" She looks at Lyov a bit suspiciously.

Shadowcaller
2016-03-06, 03:51 PM
"Something like that. The goal is perfection and understanding. The means differ, for different people," Wenomir says.

"Not to mention how they differ between time, place and context." Ambrosia says with a smile. "But perhaps I have asked you too much now. I'm sure you have better things to do than to indulge my curiosity. It is a beast that don't know satisfaction that one." She chuckles. "So go and bring me a sample of one of those creatures and perhaps I can return the favor."

Cyber Punk
2016-03-06, 04:11 PM
"Why, the other ones, girl. Calm down, if it'll make you feel better, I'll relate some stories of my own, as well." Lyov responds, smirking only slightly. "Here, a show of good faith: I was a gentleman thief acquaintance the good doctor had until a ghastly accident. He could bring parts of me back, and that is what you see before you. Remade and reborn."

He sips out of his drink, to the sound of Ilyona's giggles and the sound of drills. "There, your turn."

Lost_Deep
2016-03-06, 05:23 PM
"You need to get out more," Nimaah concludes, "There's more to life than science, you know. There's more to science than biological sciences, even." she finishes her drink. "You're hung up on it, too, if not as obviously as your sister. Do you have a hobby? A real hobby? Something you enjoy outside of your work?"

Morty
2016-03-06, 05:33 PM
"Not to mention how they differ between time, place and context." Ambrosia says with a smile. "But perhaps I have asked you too much now. I'm sure you have better things to do than to indulge my curiosity. It is a beast that don't know satisfaction that one." She chuckles. "So go and bring me a sample of one of those creatures and perhaps I can return the favor."

"Don't worry about it. It's refreshing to meet someone who's actually curious about it, Wenomir says as he gets up from the table and clips the sword to his belt again. "I'll be back with a sample as soon as I can." With that, he leaves.

Murkus
2016-03-07, 04:44 AM
"Hey!" Sakura laughs. "What're you even doing with that? I haven't drank that much!" She stands to try and wrestle it away from him, but instead she stumbles to the side, barely keeping her footing. "Whoa. I'm dizzy." She finally observes.

Adir quits his swallowing to stagger up after his wife. He sets the bottle back down roughly without cleaning off his dark-streaked mouth, and then practically flops off his stool. The stag nearly falls down himself before trying to wrap his arms around Sakura. "This s'what happens! When yer drunk," He grins. Yes, clearly she's drunk already. "You gotta sit down. Can't have you hurting yourself."

Cyber Punk
2016-03-07, 05:25 AM
"You need to get out more," Nimaah concludes, "There's more to life than science, you know. There's more to science than biological sciences, even." she finishes her drink. "You're hung up on it, too, if not as obviously as your sister. Do you have a hobby? A real hobby? Something you enjoy outside of your work?"

Lyov doesn't stop smiling, though something changes in his eye. "I think I'm insulted, but I won't hold your insensitivity against you this time. I have seen a lot that life has to offer, but I will not disregard my roots because some uninformed lass at a tavern told me to."

He adjusts his position on the seat. "Hobbies? The lethal sort."

Ilyona returns, her face covered in blood (in parts), her lab coat still somehow spotless. Her timely arrival is one Lyov appreciates, he can walk out after one too many of her percieved slights and she'll still have someone to converse with.

"Another one has been added to the family! Woss is taking cawe of him now." She declares, triumphantly.

Lost_Deep
2016-03-07, 07:25 PM
"Woss?" Nimaah frowns. "Is that supposed to be Ross-"

Oh. She smiles. "Boss. You haven't escaped yet. You still serve under the man who changed you, don't you? He's clearly smarter than I thought."

Slii Arhem
2016-03-07, 07:40 PM
At a table, there is a man. And on this man there are clothes. Baggy, unassuming clothes that are easily a size too large, but fairly dressy for such a pedestrian tavern like this one. A poor man's best suit, slightly scuffed but well looked after, and older than he'd like, held on his awkward frame by belt and button.

But beneath his poor exterior is a smile, and a glance, and from rolled up sleeves come immaculately white gloved hands, holding and splitting and riffling a pack of cards with extreme precision. He slides the pack into its pale wooden box before him for a moment, flicking a pair of round, red sunglasses from a pocket deftly to perch them on his nose, using the motion to comb fingers through his messy brown locks before tapping the pack on the table to free it and begin the shuffling anew.

A small briefcase sits, open to one side of the table, and chips line its padded rows in a rainbow of familiar colours. Virginal white, coal black, navy blue, forest green, and deep, cherry red glisten as if polished, offset by alternating rows of crisp, sharp-edged white dice.

The gambler shuffles his cards and waits, patiently, for his first game of the night.

((Scene open to anyone :smallsmile: ))

Deathkeeper
2016-03-07, 08:00 PM
A large man shuffles in awkwardly. Very large. Larger in height and weight than most humans, though those are only the first of the obvious inhuman traits about him. The others being his four muscular arms, each with a three-fingered hand, his trotters sitting below his baggy pants, the twin tails curled at his backside, his blue-grey skin and coat of bristly blue hair, and his distinctly porcine head. His limbs and overall frame are thick and sturdy, which is belied a bit by the fact that otherwise he's a bit fat. Covering his belly is a brown jacket over a thin shirtthat fits him but isn't entirely flattering. Sadly for him, the only outfit he has that's cut very well in that regard is his suit, and he's not going to just wear that everywhere.

He stops at the man's table after looking around and trying his best not to bump into anyone. He can't quite place why. Maybe it's the clothes. Yes, probably those. He senses a kind of kindred spirit in someone who can't quite get better-fitting clothes. Or maybe he's just curious. He's not sure.
"You playing alone, friend? That's the least fun kind of playing." he says with a small smile, trying not to bare too many of his teeth. They're straight and white, but he's still a bit unsure of how smiling looks with his little tusks.

Slii Arhem
2016-03-07, 08:12 PM
"Of course not. Just opening an invitation. What will you bet, then? The chips only cost you if you lose." He gestures to the case, relegating his shuffling to one hand by riffling the cards between his thumb and fingers. Something in his demeanor seems at once eager to play and wary of losing, a desperation to win rolling off of him now that the game's begun.

Deathkeeper
2016-03-07, 08:25 PM
The pig-person (who despite his considerable girth is only nineteen. His voice might reflect this, to those who would recognize it. Though to the average person, his size and face structure might make it hard to tell.) gives a very awkward smile and sits down gingerly on the chair opposite the man. Unless he foresaw his opponent's size, its wood creaks in protest but holds up as it's made to hold the weight.
"Well, I did bring some money with me. Not a lot. I admit I don't know if I should be wagering anything when I don't know the game yet. After all, if it's something I haven't played you'd thrash me. Probably." he says, his upper arms patting his chest, belly, and thighs as he tries to remember which of his pockets he put his wallet in, while his lower arms press tight to the seat he's on, trying to hold it together.

Gullara
2016-03-07, 08:46 PM
Adir quits his swallowing to stagger up after his wife. He sets the bottle back down roughly without cleaning off his dark-streaked mouth, and then practically flops off his stool. The stag nearly falls down himself before trying to wrap his arms around Sakura. "This s'what happens! When yer drunk," He grins. Yes, clearly she's drunk already. "You gotta sit down. Can't have you hurting yourself."

Sakura leans heavily against her stool, like it's the only way she's going to keep standing up. Apparently she doesn't realize she could sit again, despite Adir's suggestion. "So why do I wanna drink stuff that makes me dizzy again?" Sakura wonders with a giggle.

Slii Arhem
2016-03-07, 08:52 PM
"Oh there's no game, only a gamble. And what we wager depends on the cards we're dealt." The man deals out five cards, considers, and then deals another.

"Pick any one you like, or I'll pick for you if you're not fussed."

Deathkeeper
2016-03-07, 08:56 PM
Sam (for that is his name) frowns now, looking at the little cards. What is the usual color for the backs of playing cards? Blue or red?
"If the cards determine what we wager, why did you ask my bet before you dealt?" he asks, but points to the fifth card anyway. He seems like he already wants to win, so Sam's going to assume that his opponent's face when he decided to throw another in means something good for Sam.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-07, 09:12 PM
Lyov chooses to ignore those words, for the sake of Nimaah's well-being. A well-being that stands the chance of being less-well if Nimaah carries on talking tactlessly. He picks up his cane and places it on his lap, both visible hands tapping the cane's body.

"No, owa cweator is 'Fatha'! I meant Woss! Begins with an 'awh'! Woss! My sahw-vant and cweation!" Ilyona declares proudly, then attempts to dopeslap Nimaah. Her hands are fast, too. "Don't talk to bwotha like that, awh else we ah going to leave."‎

Slii Arhem
2016-03-07, 09:13 PM
The normal backs for cards can be blue or red, yes, though these are a faded black. "Because what you bet and what I wager are two different things. I was dealt these cards, and now I pass the risk on to you." With a very measured, slow movement the man flips the card, pulling back his sleeve with the other hand to make it absolutely clear he's playing fair.

When he flips the two of clubs, he winces momentarily before seeing what it is and breaking into another small smile, "Bad news, my friend. Bad, but not the worst. My apologies for your loss." A faint, green smoke begins to waft from the card as it crinkles around the edges, charring as the ink begins to run.

"Curse and be cursed, friend, for the love of a cruel goddess will hound you evermore. She will bind you, hound you, cripple you so you may have no other. But it is not the most terrible thing in my deck. No, not so." As the green smoke coils above the table, it moves back and forth searchingly, and the gambler pushes back his chair to scoot away from it, presenting a less inviting profile than Sam.

Deathkeeper
2016-03-07, 09:27 PM
"I still don't understand when I'm supposed to say what I bet, then. he says, but his eyes widen and he falls greatly silent as the man gives his prediction.
Then, after a long, terrified pause, "Nope!" he says, and kicks at his end the table, hopefully sending the card sliding towards the other end, as he sits up from the chair that was barely supporting him anyway and backpedals away from the table and its weird searching smoke.

Slii Arhem
2016-03-07, 09:34 PM
The card slides across the table and slips, pristine now and almost unnoticed, into the deck box as the smoke continues to waver searchingly. Then, slowly, it moves towards Sam... before turning and alighting on a man to his left, serenely enjoying a stout. The man does not even notice as the emerald vapors fill his lungs, ears, eyes, and vanish entirely within him, calmly drinking and chatting to his friends without a care.

The gambler steadies the now rocking table, and picks up the case full of chips that was scattered on the floor in the hubub. And then he slides five other cards back into his deck, removes the two of clubs from his deck box and does the same with it, and begins shuffling once more, completely unfazed by Sam's reaction. Another smile, another shuffle, another invitation for another soul to sit opposite him and risk.

Deathkeeper
2016-03-07, 09:39 PM
Sam lets out a great sigh of relief, and finds some other table to sit at, one without curses, and ones that for a silver piece can have beer. Every so often, looking at the poor guy who took that bullet for him, metaphorically speaking. He really hopes he didn't ruin that guy's life.
The chairs are still too small, though. Darn it.

Lost_Deep
2016-03-07, 10:07 PM
Lyov chooses to ignore those words, for the sake of Nimaah's well-being. A well-being that stands the chance of being less-well if Nimaah carries on talking tactlessly. He picks up his cane and places it on his lap, both visible hands tapping the cane's body.

"No, owa cweator is 'Fatha'! I meant Woss! Begins with an 'awh'! Woss! My sahw-vant and cweation!" Ilyona declares proudly, then attempts to dopeslap Nimaah. Her hands are fast, too. "Don't talk to bwotha like that, awh else we ah going to leave."‎

Nimaah sees the slap coming, and brings an arm up to block it. She's pretty fast, too. "Hah! If you're looking for a polite and cultured conversation, you've come to the wrong place. The only people I show respect to are those that have earned my respect and those with the political power to make my life hell. They only get the bare minimum respect, too; you want me to look at you and tell you I think you're neat? Do something to make me think you're neat."

5a Violista
2016-03-08, 03:54 AM
Krystal hesitates for a moment. She hadn't really thought about that before. She just wanted to help people. Buuuut...

With some minor tweaks, I'm pretty sure my way could give you those results. I mean, look at Spider-Man. And the Avengers. And every other hero back home.

"Well, then." Malicebot #8 says that as if it's a response.

Except, it's not a response. Not really.

He'll have to catch up on reading all the things about them. He immediately starts downloading Spider-Man comics and movies about the Avengers into his database. Also, Wikipedia articles on every Marvel character, to find out what other ones he'll have to download. He already knows a lot quite a bit about them, for obvious reasons, but if he wants to completely surpass them he'll have to know everything they've done.

And then, in the tone of a threat, he says, "Maybe I'll just have to completely surpass them in every way." He swishes his cape. It seems like an appropriate moment. Then, he starts walking towards the building's doorway. Over his back, he says, "Just you watch: before long, nobody will even have heard of the Avengers." Because he'll be so much greater than they are. Coming from that Ultron-like body, that sounds a little ominous, but...it's all in good fun, right?

Cyber Punk
2016-03-08, 07:15 AM
"Well, thank you for saving me the trouble, then." Lyov says, getting up and leaving the tavern. His sister looks at him, then at Nimaah, then back at him. "You made bwother mad. I don't like you." She simply says, before following him.

"Blimey! I thought the sods'd never leave!" A dark-skinned boy of about 15-years old with an afro and clothing that looks like the sort a former test-subject/lab rat would wear sidles up to Nimaah, taking Lyov's spot.

"Right? And the way they acted! What you said at that last part, respecting those that earn your respect? Sister, you've gotten the bloody point!" His sister, identical in all but gender and hairstyle, takes Ilyona's former spot beside Nimaah.

"Oh yeah, we were listening. Don't mind us, Numa. So... I'm Currant..." The boy begins, and his sister finishes the sentence. "And I'm Dixie. Currant-Bun and Dicky-Bird, to be precise."‎

"We're Cockney." He says.‎
"If the British accents and rhyming slang didn't give it away." She quips.‎
"We were test subjects, too." He frowns slightly when saying that.‎
"I think you're lucky she didn't force anything on you. Their crusts are well and truly knackered." The girl shakes her head.
"Are we rabbiting too fast?"
"People say that a lot."‎

Lost_Deep
2016-03-08, 12:01 PM
"Maybe a smidge," Nimaah admits, "But don't think I'm slow. You two are rather prompt for some sociable barflies. There some bad blood there?" She asks, ordering another drink, "or maybe those two just do things that you'd rather not happen at all?"

KerfuffleMach2
2016-03-08, 12:13 PM
"Well, then." Malicebot #8 says that as if it's a response.

Except, it's not a response. Not really.

He'll have to catch up on reading all the things about them. He immediately starts downloading Spider-Man comics and movies about the Avengers into his database. Also, Wikipedia articles on every Marvel character, to find out what other ones he'll have to download. He already knows a lot quite a bit about them, for obvious reasons, but if he wants to completely surpass them he'll have to know everything they've done.

And then, in the tone of a threat, he says, "Maybe I'll just have to completely surpass them in every way." He swishes his cape. It seems like an appropriate moment. Then, he starts walking towards the building's doorway. Over his back, he says, "Just you watch: before long, nobody will even have heard of the Avengers." Because he'll be so much greater than they are. Coming from that Ultron-like body, that sounds a little ominous, but...it's all in good fun, right?

Definitely ominous. But, Krystal is a bit hopeful about Malice's future.

Hopeful, but not stupid.

She pays for her drink and goes to follow the Ultron lookalike.

Well, guess we got some work to do, huh?

8BitNinja
2016-03-08, 02:19 PM
A man around his mid 20's walks in, covered head to toe in white steel-plate armor which has gold designs on it. The shield he carries is also white and has a gold lion's mane as an emblem on it. On his left side, there is a long sword, with a gold scabbard and hilt, and on his right, a knife with a plain leather scabbard and a grey hilt. The helmet has one eyepiece which goes across the area of his eyes. The Paladin looks around and walks up to the bar. He says to the bartender "I'll have a drink, do you take gold pieces?"

Murkus
2016-03-09, 04:25 PM
Sakura leans heavily against her stool, like it's the only way she's going to keep standing up. Apparently she doesn't realize she could sit again, despite Adir's suggestion. "So why do I wanna drink stuff that makes me dizzy again?" Sakura wonders with a giggle.

"Ah-I dunno," Adir says perplexedly, wide-eyed, as though he's just been shown the truth of the world. "S'fer people with troubles, like yer average layman such's I. I guess you're untroubled. Shoulda known you wouldn't need the happy juice. Yer already too happy." The antlered man shuts his eyes and holds up his hands on either side of him, gesturing exaggeratedly with a 'what can you do' frown on his flush face.

((OOC: Welcome 8bit!))

8BitNinja
2016-03-09, 05:50 PM
((OoC) Thanks Murkus, I hope I can be of some relevance to the plot) I turn to the antlered man and say "Excuse me sir, but do you know where I can get a hold of the bartender? I have been riding for three days, and I need some good ale. This seemed to be the only bar in town, and the nearby stable has outrageous prices. Do you know how much they charged for my mount's stay in the stable? It was ridiculous, and I didn't even pay for grooming or feed. Ah, it could be worse, this town seems very nice, and this tavern has style. May name's Steve by the way, what's yours?" Steve extends his gauntleted hand to invite a handshake

Gullara
2016-03-09, 07:41 PM
"Ah-I dunno," Adir says perplexedly, wide-eyed, as though he's just been shown the truth of the world. "S'fer people with troubles, like yer average layman such's I. I guess you're untroubled. Shoulda known you wouldn't need the happy juice. Yer already too happy." The antlered man shuts his eyes and holds up his hands on either side of him, gesturing exaggeratedly with a 'what can you do' frown on his flush face.

((OOC: Welcome 8bit!))

((OoC) Thanks Murkus, I hope I can be of some relevance to the plot) I turn to the antlered man and say "Excuse me sir, but do you know where I can get a hold of the bartender? I have been riding for three days, and I need some good ale. This seemed to be the only bar in town, and the nearby stable has outrageous prices. Do you know how much they charged for my mount's stay in the stable? It was ridiculous, and I didn't even pay for grooming or feed. Ah, it could be worse, this town seems very nice, and this tavern has style. May name's Steve by the way, what's yours?" Steve extends his gauntleted hand to invite a handshake

Sakura leans to the side, looking past her husband at the newcomer. "Hi. I'm Sakura. We have some drink." Sakura snatches the bottle from Adir's hand... or attempts to. Instead she takes a tumble and ends up splayed on the floor. "Eep!"

For reference, Sakura (https://i.imgur.com/SEnbj2S.jpg) (though she's not pregnant now) and Adir (http://i.imgur.com/8nnItFg.png) (in his natural place at Sakura's feet :smallbiggrin:).

8BitNinja
2016-03-09, 07:50 PM
Sakura leans to the side, looking past her husband at the newcomer. "Hi. I'm Sakura. We have some drink." Sakura snatches the bottle from Adir's hand... or attempts to. Instead she takes a tumble and ends up splayed on the floor. "Eep!"

For reference, Sakura (https://i.imgur.com/SEnbj2S.jpg) (though she's not pregnant now) and Adir (http://i.imgur.com/8nnItFg.png) (in his natural place at Sakura's feet :smallbiggrin:).

Steve rushes over to Sakura "Are you alright Ma'am?" He extends his hand to help Sakura up. "My name's Steve, I saw you two bickering when you walked, are you two married to each other?"

Recaiden
2016-03-09, 07:56 PM
The bartender appears through a brief kalaedioscopic hole in the fabric of time and sets down a mug of Balthor's Best.

"Ale, right. Sorry about that. It's going to have been very busy."

8BitNinja
2016-03-09, 08:00 PM
The bartender appears through a brief kalaedioscopic hole in the fabric of time and sets down a mug of Balthor's Best.

"Ale, right. Sorry about that. It's going to have been very busy."

Steve turns over and puts down some gold pieces on the counter "Thank you, good sir. Do tell me if there is any money missing from the tab, and I will pay it. Keep the change." Steve puts down his shield and picks up the mug (the other hand is still outstretched)

Murkus
2016-03-09, 09:32 PM
"I wouldn't get a hold on the bartenders. They usually start the nightly massacre if someone cops a feel," Adir advises with a slight slur, stepping smartly over beside his 'clumsy' dearest and the paladin so graciously offering her a hand up. He takes Sakura's arm and will (entirely unnecessarily) also help her to her feet, not to be outdone. He just as graciously simply offers Sakura the still-swishing bottle, now feeling quite a bit more pliable. The stag looks over the top of his wife's head with about a foot advantage, grinning his idiot grin at the paladin-stranger. "Hi, Steve. Yea, she's Adir, I'm Sakura, we're married as married could be." He puts out a shaky, well-worn hand and shakes Steve's firmly. "Very normal name, Steve. That's nice. Sorry fer so much trouble with the horse-feedin' n' lodgin'."

8BitNinja
2016-03-09, 10:20 PM
"I wouldn't get a hold on the bartenders. They usually start the nightly massacre if someone cops a feel," Adir advises with a slight slur, stepping smartly over beside his 'clumsy' dearest and the paladin so graciously offering her a hand up. He takes Sakura's arm and will (entirely unnecessarily) also help her to her feet, not to be outdone. He just as graciously simply offers Sakura the still-swishing bottle, now feeling quite a bit more pliable. The stag looks over the top of his wife's head with about a foot advantage, grinning his idiot grin at the paladin-stranger. "Hi, Steve. Yea, she's Adir, I'm Sakura, we're married as married could be." He puts out a shaky, well-worn hand and shakes Steve's firmly. "Very normal name, Steve. That's nice. Sorry fer so much trouble with the horse-feedin' n' lodgin'."

"Thanks, the lodging situation could really be worse, but still, 100 Gold for one night seems like a lot for a stable, but I'll probably get a cheaper room for myself here" says Steve, he picks up his shield and takes off his helmet. You can see that he is a caucasian human and has blue eyes, brown hair, and a 5 O' Clock shadow. He takes a drink of his ale. "You guys have great ale here, I wish I had more time to stay" He sits down at the nearest empty seat. "Are you drunk? It seems so. If you want, I can see if remove poison also removes drunkenness."

Recaiden
2016-03-09, 10:24 PM
The gold is swept up and counted away. Its plenty.

"I don't know if sobering the customers up is going to be good for business."
On the one hand, they might then need more drinks to regain their previous state of mind. On the other, they may well feel that they're not getting what they paid for.

((Usually one would wait for all the other players - so Gulaghar's Sakura as well as Murkus's Adir - before replying. Feel free to ignore the bartender for such concerns; they're not important here))

8BitNinja
2016-03-09, 10:28 PM
The gold is swept up and counted away. Its plenty.

"I don't know if sobering the customers up is going to be good for business."
On the one hand, they might then need more drinks to regain their previous state of mind. On the other, they may well feel that they're not getting what they paid for.

((Usually one would wait for all the other players - so Gulaghar's Sakura as well as Murkus's Adir - before replying. Feel free to ignore the bartender for such concerns; they're not important here))

((I'm sorry, this is my first FFRP, so I'm not familiar with the rules))

Gullara
2016-03-09, 11:32 PM
Sakura is pulled heavily to her feet, and she immediately leans back against her stool again. "Yeah, super married. See?" She holds out her hand, laden as it is with a pretty large diamond ring. And then her hand is filled with their drink. Oh, she takes a sip. Still delicious. "Oh, we were trying to get drunk. It was his idea." She sloshes the bottle at Adir. "For some reason."

8BitNinja
2016-03-09, 11:43 PM
Sakura is pulled heavily to her feet, and she immediately leans back against her stool again. "Yeah, super married. See?" She holds out her hand, laden as it is with a pretty large diamond ring. And then her hand is filled with their drink. Oh, she takes a sip. Still delicious. "Oh, we were trying to get drunk. It was his idea." She sloshes the bottle at Adir. "For some reason."

Steve has a serious look on his face "I'm not sure how drunkenness will do anyone any good, too much alcohol dulls the mind and weakens the body, but since you two don't want to be cured, then I can't" Steve then quickly changes to a friendlier expression "Anyways, do you guys need any help around here? As a Paladin, I always offer my services to others to ensure that injustice does not go unpunished"

Zefir
2016-03-10, 02:41 AM
At this time the fire elf girl get's her bowl of porridge
"That makes [Add Price] goldcoins."
The girl looks back.
"I don't have any coins with me." she says and befor the waitress can say anything she drops a few crystal shardes on the table. "Daddy gave me these to pay. Is that enougth for the Bowl?"

The nameless waitess looks at these , then takes them into her hand to get a closer look.
"Sure." she says. "That should do." She is not aware how much the shards are worth and anyone having any idea of it knows that the girl get a bowl every day for at least a month with those shardes.

The fire elf girl starts eating from her bowl as the waitress comes back, leaving a few coins as change. The girl takes a look around while eatlin, holding one arm around the bow to protecct it.

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 06:50 PM
The card slides across the table and slips, pristine now and almost unnoticed, into the deck box as the smoke continues to waver searchingly. Then, slowly, it moves towards Sam... before turning and alighting on a man to his left, serenely enjoying a stout. The man does not even notice as the emerald vapors fill his lungs, ears, eyes, and vanish entirely within him, calmly drinking and chatting to his friends without a care.

The gambler steadies the now rocking table, and picks up the case full of chips that was scattered on the floor in the hubub. And then he slides five other cards back into his deck, removes the two of clubs from his deck box and does the same with it, and begins shuffling once more, completely unfazed by Sam's reaction. Another smile, another shuffle, another invitation for another soul to sit opposite him and risk.

A young lady with red hair, wearing a dark blue pull-over sweater, and with the look in her green eyes of a gambler that thinks she's better than she really is sits down opposite the man and says, "Hey there. You looking for a game of cards?"

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 07:24 PM
"Not looking, I've already found my game. And it's not one most are prepared to play." The Dealer replies casually, continuing his ever-present shuffle as he regards his opponent with a piercing glance over his deep, red glasses, "Let's hope you're more prepared for taking a risk than the last one to grace that chair, hmm? It's the most simple gamble of all. Pick a card." He fans the deck out with a practiced flick, each card visible enough that it could be plucked with a finger and thumb.

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 07:36 PM
The woman chuckles as she leans back, seeming relaxed, and says, "A game of chance, huh? That's hardly fun." She then shakes her head mirthfully and says, "Sure, though. Let's see what you've got." And, in a rather cliched and overly dramatic fashion, she pulls a card from the middle of the pile, not expecting too much.

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 07:45 PM
"That's all life is, friend." Her card vanishes in a burst of fire as soon as it's drawn, and the Dealer shuts his eyes tight, pushing his glasses up to pinch the bridge of his nose.

"The six of clubs. I suggest you get that taken care of soon, before too many people can get hurt. Hired help might be in order." Funny how he knew that, without even looking at it. He stands, ignoring the case full of poker chips at his side, and slides the rest of the deck back into the box where, if she looks closely, the six of clubs sits unharmed and waiting to be drawn again.

"I'll leave you to it. Sayonara." And then he turns to leave, as the woman may begin to feel the ominous dread of being watched by an expert predator from somewhere just out of sight.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-10, 07:48 PM
"Maybe a smidge," Nimaah admits, "But don't think I'm slow. You two are rather prompt for some sociable barflies. There some bad blood there?" She asks, ordering another drink, "or maybe those two just do things that you'd rather not happen at all?"

"You're a smart Jemmy then, aye?" Dixie asks, an eyebrow raising up, though she doesn't stop smiling.
"Good. One's gotta be to be able to survive."
"We hate their kind, if you must know. Don't we, brother?" She looks to her brother, Currant, then back to Nimaah.
"We do, dear sister." He mirrors her reaction while he speaks.

"Parents sold us to the big men just to make big bucks."
"Aye, we're kinetics, you see? So we got to get experimented on."
"But now we're out of that tin-can."
"Doesn't mean we can't still hate them, though."

Nimaah might begin to get the sense that she's not talking to two people separately, but two people speaking at once. Their actions, movements and speech are a little bit too synchronized, as though they had a tight mental link. Which they do.

She might of course also notice (though these two are very good with their fingers, so she just might not) that these two are pickpocketing her, just to see what she's carrying. It makes for good conversation when you know what the other person's carrying in his/her pockets.

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 07:52 PM
Laura glares at the man as he turns to leave, and says angrily, "Is that all? You just set a card on fire, say it's the six of clubs, drop a mysterious hint, and then walk away? Come on! What's the point, then?"

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 07:57 PM
"We gambled." He stops, feeling he owes her at least that much of an explanation, "And as happens far too often, I did not lose, and you did not win. The six of clubs is not insurmountable, thankfully. It is a small kind of terror. But it will stalk you, hound you, and when you are not looking isolate you. And when there is no one else nearby, that is when you will see it for the first and last times." He grimaces, shrugging fatalistically.

"So I suggest the hired help. At least then you might force a confrontation, but even if you do not, you won't die so long as you have others with you."

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 08:08 PM
Laura frowns and says, "So...I have some crazy shadow monster stalking me and looking to kill me when I'm alone. Wonderful. I mean, come on. This isn't even fun for anyone. Just paranoia." She grumbles, then looks around the room, her eyes settling on the biggest guy there and says, "Hey you! Can you help me out?! I've got a thing after me!"

Deathkeeper
2016-03-10, 08:17 PM
Sam looks about the room a bit and then groans as he realizes he's being addressed. He'd been annoying that guy, but it's not hard to figure out what just happened. And he'd just found a chair big enough for him. With some deliberation, he gets up, going over to the young lady (she's pretty) and glaring at the man.
"Are you really not done yet? I don't know what you did to that poor sap before, but I could probably hit you pretty hard in the face before you could get more of your cards out of your box." he says with a grumble.

8BitNinja
2016-03-10, 08:27 PM
Laura frowns and says, "So...I have some crazy shadow monster stalking me and looking to kill me when I'm alone. Wonderful. I mean, come on. This isn't even fun for anyone. Just paranoia." She grumbles, then looks around the room, her eyes settling on the biggest guy there and says, "Hey you! Can you help me out?! I've got a thing after me!"

Steve turns to Laura and says "Hello Ma'am, I overheard your conversation. There seems to be a monster problem? May I be of assistance?" He extends his hand that is not holding his shield and says "my name's Steve, I'm a Paladin"

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 08:37 PM
The Dealer raises a placating hand, not coincidentally with a few cards fanned between his fingers, "A man and his means are rarely parted. But it's not me you'll have to worry about soon, friend. It might be in everyone's best interest if I took my business elsewhere." And with that, the man sort of... folds as if someone turned the page of a massive book and just swept him away, leaving the entrance, without him in it, behind.

From the rafters, a deep growling pairs with a flicker of liquid flame, dripping down from a massive, toothy maw to singe and pool on the floors below. Illuminated by its own acrid, smoking saliva, the perched dragon's amber eyes stare hauntingly at Laura, Steve and Sam, flicking between the two to look for any signs of weakness from the gambling lass and her impromptu protectors.

It's as long as a man is tall, its leathery wings folded tight against its back and all limbs knotted to prepare for a lunge. Tarnished copper scales reflect the blooming firelight below it, contrasting with its dull brown teeth and claws. It's thin to an almost sickly degree, looking even more dangerous for how famished it appears.

((Edited for 8bit.))

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 08:41 PM
Laura eyes the dragon, and starts moving her hand very slowly towards a knife on the table, hoping to not draw it's attention more than she already has. She glances at Sam and Steve, nodding her head towards it as if to say 'get it, you idiots'.

Deathkeeper
2016-03-10, 08:45 PM
Sam looks between the reptile and the girl and her slightly condescending attitude, crossing his arms. All of them.
"What? I'm not going up there after it. You yelled at a random teen to solve your problems, you ain't always gonna get someone who knows what they're doing, no matter how big he is."

8BitNinja
2016-03-10, 08:47 PM
Laura eyes the dragon, and starts moving her hand very slowly towards a knife on the table, hoping to not draw it's attention more than she already has. She glances at Sam and Steve, nodding her head towards it as if to say 'get it, you idiots'.

Steve sees her glance and quickly reaches toward the knife. He puts his hand down where the knife is. "I'm pretty sure you signaled one of us to grab this knife, but I'm not sure which one" Steve waits for the woman's reply

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 08:52 PM
With the confusion between the three, the dragon makes a move, making an disturbingly wet coughing, hacking noise in the back of its throat. After a moment of this, it spits a ball of fire about the size of a softball towards the knife on the table in a low arc. If nothing else, it's sure to set the piece of furniture ablaze.

8BitNinja
2016-03-10, 08:55 PM
With the confusion between the three, the dragon makes a move, making an disturbingly wet coughing, hacking noise in the back of its throat. After a moment of this, it spits a ball of fire about the size of a softball towards the knife on the table in a low arc. If nothing else, it's sure to set the piece of furniture ablaze.

I pick up the knife and roll away from the table. Steve yells "everyone get back!" as he simultaneously attempts to roll and puts his helmet on

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 09:03 PM
Laura glares and growls in frustration at the paladin, then shouts, as she runs away from the fireball and takes cover behind a flipped table, "You idiot! I needed that!" She looks around for another weapon, desperate for a way to defend herself. Then she notices Sam's inaction and shouts, "Hey! I don't care if you're 13 or 103! If you don't help me, I'm gonna die! So get to it!"

Deathkeeper
2016-03-10, 09:09 PM
Sam bristles, halfway through picking up a pair of large stone mugs from an unoccupied table. This is the last thing he needs right now.
"Shut up, you brat. I haven't got a clue how to fight, so I'm just as likely to die, so shut yer trap and show some gratitude that I don't walk out right now. Sheesh." he says, before lobbing the heavy mugs at the reptile. He's not very accurate, but he's strong at least.

((8bit, please wait until everyone in the fight's posted before going again. Thanks!))

8BitNinja
2016-03-10, 09:13 PM
Laura glares and growls in frustration at the paladin, then shouts, as she runs away from the fireball and takes cover behind a flipped table, "You idiot! I needed that!" She looks around for another weapon, desperate for a way to defend herself. Then she notices Sam's inaction and shouts, "Hey! I don't care if you're 13 or 103! If you don't help me, I'm gonna die! So get to it!"

"I'm sorry Ma'am, take the knife" says Steve. Steve throws the knife back to Laura and draws his own sword. He then raises his shield, the lion face on the front glows. "Cursed dragon, ancient serpent, come at me, today you will taste the judgement of the Divine One." Says Steve as he gets into a fighting stance, He yells to Laura "Get out of his range of fire, I can tank the hits, oh, and sorry about the knife thing"

((did everyone in the fight go? if not, just go as if I didn't post and I'll remove this))

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 09:13 PM
One of the mugs scores a solid hit to its sinuous neck, causing it to hack up the fiery spittle it was preparing and denting a few of its scales. The other, sadly, misses as it leaps off its perch towards the rolling paladin, teeth and claws extended as it tries to hit him while he's still rolling, aiming to grab hold of and wrench his arm painfully if it can.

Laura will likely see plenty of glass and stoneware projectiles about, as well as loose chairs and the like. It's unlikely anyone else left weapons out in the open, but there's still silverware to be considered. A knife big and sharp enough to cut through a tavern steak might be good enough in a pinch.

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 09:21 PM
Laura manages to catch the knife the paladin tosses her, then grabs the one on the floor near her, and...Waits. She watches the dragon, trying to see if it has any particularly noticeable weak spots on it before acting, though she holds the knives at the ready to defend herself if it becomes necessary.

Deathkeeper
2016-03-10, 09:25 PM
Sam slowly lumbers around, trying to get to the creature's back as it tackles the knight so he can end this quickly. Maybe if it doesn't notice him he can sneak up behind and just break its neck in one go. It worked once before, with those miniature manticores.

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 09:46 PM
((Going to need 8bit to post in response to the dragon attacking him. From that point on, for simplicity, the posting order will be Firedaemon33, LordDeathKeeper, 8BitNinja, Slii Arhem.))

8BitNinja
2016-03-10, 09:52 PM
Sam slowly lumbers around, trying to get to the creature's back as it tackles the knight so he can end this quickly. Maybe if it doesn't notice him he can sneak up behind and just break its neck in one go. It worked once before, with those miniature manticores.

Steve turns towards the dragon and slashes at where his neck is. "All Powerful one, grant me your strength to destroy this evil" says Steve, when he does, his sword glows in a white light. ((I cast Smite Evil)) "die, you spawn of inferno"

((sorry I took so long, I was eating dinner))

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 10:07 PM
The magical destruction of evil unfortunately fizzles against this foe, however the sharpened edge of his sword is a far more versatile tool than aligned magics, and scores a damaging blow before the creature's jaws can clamp down on his arm. Crushing through several scales, it draws blood which bursts into flame on contact with the air, searing the wound closed and bouncing the blade back with explosive force even as the dragon shrieks in horrible pain.

Its mouth still open from the lunge, it hisses out a mist of spittle which ignites in the gap between it and its holy foe, a small, loose fireball that should nonetheless do some damage at this close a range.

It's so thoroughly distracted by this, though, that Sam has an opening to do as he wishes, and Laura can spot that like most wyrms its underbelly lacks such firm scales. Whether she wants to draw its blood after seeing what happened before is another matter.

Ionbound
2016-03-10, 10:11 PM
Laura sighs as the sees the searing blood and mutters, "Here goes nothing," as she chucks both knives as hard as she can at the wyrm's underbelly, hoping to get the blades stuck in it's flesh. However, due to her general inexperience with throwing knives, and the unweighted nature of the knives, they might not hit the target. If fact, they'd probably be more likely to hit if the dragon dodged into them than anything else.

Deathkeeper
2016-03-10, 10:18 PM
Sam weighs over six hundred pounds and has feet that click on the floorboards, so he really can't even pretend that he's capable of being stealthy, but the holy sword seems to be doing a pretty good job of distracting it, so snatching another knife from a table Sam tries to grab the creature from behind with two of his thick hands, snapping its neck back as far as he can while his third holds the body steady for his fourth to plunge the dull knife into the base of the front of its neck. He's seen people's throats cut from behind once or twice back in Skyside. Well, normally it's cut, not stabbed, but he doesn't really expect these steak knives to slice well.

8BitNinja
2016-03-10, 10:34 PM
Sam weighs over six hundred pounds and has feet that click on the floorboards, so he really can't even pretend that he's capable of being stealthy, but the holy sword seems to be doing a pretty good job of distracting it, so snatching another knife from a table Sam tries to grab the creature from behind with two of his thick hands, snapping its neck back as far as he can while his third holds the body steady for his fourth to plunge the dull knife into the base of the front of its neck. He's seen people's throats cut from behind once or twice back in Skyside. Well, normally it's cut, not stabbed, but he doesn't really expect these steak knives to slice well.

Steve yells "now taste justice!" As he jams his sword through the jugular of the dragon. Steve then utters a prayer "Oh Great One, keeper of all that is good, please do not let me die here." Steve holds his sword firmly and awaits what will happen next

Slii Arhem
2016-03-10, 11:09 PM
((Hey 8bit, for reference in the future, any attacks or influences on other characters should be made as attempts, since in freeform it's important that defending characters be given the option to dodge, counter, or resist as their player likes. Also, make certain to carefully read the posts of your opponents, and even your allies, before posting. The dragon had breathed a small fireball at Steve the Paladin, but you didn't have him react to it at all. Other than that, you've done okay so far. :smallsmile: ))

The dragon, faced with a distracting two knives knicking off his side and scoring a surprising, tiny hit to its abdomen and a far more distracting mass of muscle and sinew trying its damnedest to mutilate its throat with a steak knife, does not taste anything, let alone justice. Though the knives do very little, drawing some small flickers of flaming blood, the much longer sword is far more suited to combat. Even as the beast thrashes in Sam's grips, its scales and spines dragging roughly, the major blood vessel is opened wide before it, spraying its blood so far that it actually stays a liquid for a brief instant before igniting as before, exploding violently in the midst of the combatants. Laura, being the farthest away from the beast, will almost certainly take the least damage from the blast.

When the dust settles and the multiple fires are put out, some oddities arise. Everything set on fire by the beast's fluids has petrified, turning to a rock-solid substance instead of burning to ash. The table, in particular, is now entirely such and heavier than most can lift. Most flesh wouldn't have been exposed long enough for that reaction, but it's possible someone might have some skin that will need to be cut away entirely and either healed naturally or grafted.

The dragon itself, after its fiery death, is now utterly petrified. Its corpse is very hot to the touch, and utterly inflexible on the ground.

8BitNinja
2016-03-10, 11:39 PM
((Hey 8bit, for reference in the future, any attacks or influences on other characters should be made as attempts, since in freeform it's important that defending characters be given the option to dodge, counter, or resist as their player likes. Also, make certain to carefully read the posts of your opponents, and even your allies, before posting. The dragon had breathed a small fireball at Steve the Paladin, but you didn't have him react to it at all. Other than that, you've done okay so far. :smallsmile: ))

The dragon, faced with a distracting two knives knicking off his side and scoring a surprising, tiny hit to its abdomen and a far more distracting mass of muscle and sinew trying its damnedest to mutilate its throat with a steak knife, does not taste anything, let alone justice. Though the knives do very little, drawing some small flickers of flaming blood, the much longer sword is far more suited to combat. Even as the beast thrashes in Sam's grips, its scales and spines dragging roughly, the major blood vessel is opened wide before it, spraying its blood so far that it actually stays a liquid for a brief instant before igniting as before, exploding violently in the midst of the combatants. Laura, being the farthest away from the beast, will almost certainly take the least damage from the blast.

When the dust settles and the multiple fires are put out, some oddities arise. Everything set on fire by the beast's fluids has petrified, turning to a rock-solid substance instead of burning to ash. The table, in particular, is now entirely such and heavier than most can lift. Most flesh wouldn't have been exposed long enough for that reaction, but it's possible someone might have some skin that will need to be cut away entirely and either healed naturally or grafted.

The dragon itself, after its fiery death, is now utterly petrified. Its corpse is very hot to the touch, and utterly inflexible on the ground.

((Thanks for telling me, since I was hit by a fireball, I will act accordingly. In the future, I will follow these combat rules)) Steve, though wounded, stands up and sheaths his sword, "is everyone alright?" Asks Steve, inspecting the carnage "does anyone need healing?" Steve shouts. He then remembers his own pain, and puts his hand on his abdomen. He prays "Great One, giver and healer, please heal your servant" (I casted a healing spell) after his short prayer, he yells "Laura, Sam, are you guys okay? If you, or anyone else needs healing, I can lay hands"

Nova_Eclipse
2016-03-11, 12:14 AM
What seems to be a platinum blonde woman wearing black, close-fitting, high-tech armor, trimmed in blue and gold, appears out of some of the lingering smoke near the doorway, moving carefully into the room. Her armor has multiple thruster nozzles on the boots and backpack, while her pauldrons are large and vaguely hexagonal. A pair of what might be pistols of some sort hang fixed at her hips. Her face is criss-crossed in places by dark streaks, as though she's just wiped her face with her hand after cleaning a chimney, and striking blue eyes peer out curiously at the scene of carnage from the fight with the dragon. Her long hair is pulled back into a thick braid, which hangs down her back, though she does have some bangs that help hide her forehead.

"What the heck happened in here?" Her expression is curious and worried, her eyes continuing to dart about, assessing the situation and looking for anyone who might be injured or in need of help.

8BitNinja
2016-03-11, 12:46 AM
What seems to be a platinum blonde woman wearing black, close-fitting, high-tech armor, trimmed in blue and gold, appears out of some of the lingering smoke near the doorway, moving carefully into the room. Her armor has multiple thruster nozzles on the boots and backpack, while her pauldrons are large and vaguely hexagonal. A pair of what might be pistols of some sort hang fixed at her hips. Her face is criss-crossed in places by dark streaks, as though she's just wiped her face with her hand after cleaning a chimney, and striking blue eyes peer out curiously at the scene of carnage from the fight with the dragon. Her long hair is pulled back into a thick braid, which hangs down her back, though she does have some bangs that help hide her forehead.

"What the heck happened in here?" Her expression is curious and worried, her eyes continuing to dart about, assessing the situation and looking for anyone who might be injured or in need of help.

Steve looks at the woman "Ma'am, a dragon attacked the place, a fight broke out, we killed the beast. Now I'm tending to the wounded. Who are you?" Steve extends his hand in greeting "my name's Steve, I'm a Paladin"

((Welcome Nova))

Murkus
2016-03-11, 01:40 PM

"Succeeding, cuh-learly," Adir says, putting his hands on his hips. His ears flick back against his head and he grins. "Fer some reason? T-tell me you aren't havin' more fun than you were an hour ago."

The stag would have replied to Steve about that offer of work, but the fellow seems to have been put to it already. He watches the fight with wide eyes, his large ears slowly wagging.

8BitNinja
2016-03-11, 02:21 PM
"Succeeding, cuh-learly," Adir says, putting his hands on his hips. His ears flick back against his head and he grins. "Fer some reason? T-tell me you aren't havin' more fun than you were an hour ago."

The stag would have replied to Steve about that offer of work, but the fellow seems to have been put to it already. He watches the fight with wide eyes, his large ears slowly wagging.

Steve turns around to Adir, "Were you saying something? If you did, please repeat it again, and quickly, there are wounded people I must administer help to" Steve looks around and shouts "Is anyone hurt? If so, I can heal you"

Ionbound
2016-03-11, 02:54 PM
Laura takes a deep breath and falls to her knees, smiling like an idiot at her continued existence, then says, "Where did that gambler go? I want to give him a piece of my mind."

Deathkeeper
2016-03-11, 04:11 PM
The flash explosion singes the front of Sam's clothes to stone, which promptly rips straight off and lands on the floor, too heavy for cotton to support. He sighs, more or less unharmed, though he's not free of pain.
"I think I'm just gonna go. Good luck with that." he says, turning to leave out the front door.

8BitNinja
2016-03-11, 04:43 PM
Laura takes a deep breath and falls to her knees, smiling like an idiot at her continued existence, then says, "Where did that gambler go? I want to give him a piece of my mind."

The flash explosion singes the front of Sam's clothes to stone, which promptly rips straight off and lands on the floor, too heavy for cotton to support. He sighs, more or less unharmed, though he's not free of pain.
"I think I'm just gonna go. Good luck with that." he says, turning to leave out the front door.

Steve looks at Laura, he then asks "Do you know something about that gambler? If so, now would be a good time to tell me, because like it or not, I'm helping with this." He then looks around and says "Is there a scholar or someone who is an expert on dragons? I've killed wyrms before, but none turn your stuff to stone when they'r killed, good thing my equipment is imbued with holy power, or it might have turned to stone too." He turns to Sam and says "Before you go, there's an extra set of clothes in my saddlebag, take those, you need them more than I do"

Murkus
2016-03-11, 06:12 PM
Steve turns around to Adir, "Were you saying something? If you did, please repeat it again, and quickly, there are wounded people I must administer help to" Steve looks around and shouts "Is anyone hurt? If so, I can heal you"

"No, no, man, nothin' important. Go do your thing!" The stag insists, waving the fella onward. Gosh! Wounded people! Steve certainly seemed to take his position very seriously. Adir can't take much seriously, and that ability lessens still further when inebriated.

8BitNinja
2016-03-11, 06:16 PM
"No, no, man, nothin' important. Go do your thing!" The stag insists, waving the fella onward. Gosh! Wounded people! Steve certainly seemed to take his position very seriously. Adir can't take much seriously, and that ability lessens still further when inebriated.

"wait a minute" says Steve, not even turning around, overturning wreckage "do you know anything about dragons? Especially ones that turn to stone after you kill them? If you do, it would be of utmost importance. Also, do you know anything about that gambler?" Steve continues to look through the wreckage

Ionbound
2016-03-11, 06:17 PM
Laura opens her mouth to make a scathing reply to the paladin, then grins as he's distracted and makes a break for the door, looking to lose Steve and start finding leads about this mysterious gambler fellow.

8BitNinja
2016-03-11, 06:23 PM
Laura opens her mouth to make a scathing reply to the paladin, then grins as he's distracted and makes a break for the door, looking to lose Steve and start finding leads about this mysterious gambler fellow.

"Wait!" yells Steve, he runs after Laura. For wearing plate armor, he is pretty fast, and attempts to catch up. "What do you know? I'm trying to help you out!" He picks up his speed from a run to a sprint.

Deathkeeper
2016-03-11, 06:57 PM
Sam raises a questioning eyebrow at the knight.
"Nothing you've got's gonna fit me, man." he says, self-consciously rubbing his exposed belly as he goes.

8BitNinja
2016-03-11, 09:25 PM
Sam raises a questioning eyebrow at the knight.
"Nothing you've got's gonna fit me, man." he says, self-consciously rubbing his exposed belly as he goes.

Steve, still trying to stop Laura, yells "then may heaven be with you" After a moment of running, he says to Sam "hey, can you try to reason with this girl? I'm running out of breath and I need to reason with her or at least give her a better weapon than that knife"

Nova_Eclipse
2016-03-11, 09:36 PM
The woman starts to extend her hand, but as Steve turns away from her to talk to other people, and then yell about healing people and dragons, she pulls it back, a startled expression on her face. She steps aside to let Sam pass, and edges towards the bar as Laura bolts, and Steve gives chase. After watching them go, she shakes her head, then moves quickly up to the bar, signaling to the bartender.

"I'm hoping you might be able to help me," she starts when they come over. She's speaking quietly, not whispering, but very subdued. "I just arrived here in a rather unexpected way. Do you know if there is anyone or any place that might be willing to hire someone like me? I was a soldier where I came from, and I'm best equipped for that kind of work, but I'm not really picky..."

8BitNinja
2016-03-11, 10:05 PM
The woman starts to extend her hand, but as Steve turns away from her to talk to other people, and then yell about healing people and dragons, she pulls it back, a startled expression on her face. She steps aside to let Sam pass, and edges towards the bar as Laura bolts, and Steve gives chase. After watching them go, she shakes her head, then moves quickly up to the bar, signaling to the bartender.

"I'm hoping you might be able to help me," she starts when they come over. She's speaking quietly, not whispering, but very subdued. "I just arrived here in a rather unexpected way. Do you know if there is anyone or any place that might be willing to hire someone like me? I was a soldier where I came from, and I'm best equipped for that kind of work, but I'm not really picky..."

Steve stops dead in his tracks, hoping Sam will help him out "sorry Ma'am, things got in the way, I'll hire you, what's your asking price?" He extends his hand "I don't believe we have formally greeted each other yet, what's you're name?"

Nova_Eclipse
2016-03-11, 11:48 PM
The bartender opens their mouth to speak as Steve interrupts. The woman looks over at the paladin with an annoyed expression, one usually reserved for new recruits. Her voice is cool, and her eyes narrow, still as blue as ever, fixing him in scrutiny.

"My name is Electra, and my asking price depends on the job offered, sir paladin," She eyes his hand, but makes no move to shake it. "It seems you are quite busy already, and I am not sure I will be able to help you much. You have sworn to someone else to help them track someone down, yet you have no information on this person you wish to pursue, and the one you swore to help seemed little inclined to take it. What's worse, is that, in stopping to talk to myself and this other gentleman," she gestures towards Sam as she continues, "You have lost the person you were attempting to help and also your best lead into the person you swore to track down. I know nothing about natural dragons; they are a mythical creature where I am from, and the only ones I've ever fought have been mechanical. I appreciate the offer, but I do not believe I will be of much help to you, being so new to this...place. If you still want to hire me, we can discuss it, but without specifics, I can give you no better answer, and I believe your time might be better spent trying to catch up to the young lady you swore to help."

8BitNinja
2016-03-12, 12:01 AM
The bartender opens their mouth to speak as Steve interrupts. The woman looks over at the paladin with an annoyed expression, one usually reserved for new recruits. Her voice is cool, and her eyes narrow, still as blue as ever, fixing him in scrutiny.

"My name is Electra, and my asking price depends on the job offered, sir paladin," She eyes his hand, but makes no move to shake it. "It seems you are quite busy already, and I am not sure I will be able to help you much. You have sworn to someone else to help them track someone down, yet you have no information on this person you wish to pursue, and the one you swore to help seemed little inclined to take it. What's worse, is that, in stopping to talk to myself and this other gentleman," she gestures towards Sam as she continues, "You have lost the person you were attempting to help and also your best lead into the person you swore to track down. I know nothing about natural dragons; they are a mythical creature where I am from, and the only ones I've ever fought have been mechanical. I appreciate the offer, but I do not believe I will be of much help to you, being so new to this...place. If you still want to hire me, we can discuss it, but without specifics, I can give you no better answer, and I believe your time might be better spent trying to catch up to the young lady you swore to help."

"I'm sorry for annoying you Ma'am" starts Steve, "but you can't hunt dragons with two people. The last time I fought a dragon outside of here, I had a large taskforce, and I was the only survivor of that battle. I'm willing to hire you for 1500 gold, but that's all the money I have. I'm also going to need help finding this woman. I need help from everyone willing to help, which includes you if you take my offer" Steve starts running back towards the door and calls out "Henry." A horse is heard riding towards the front door. Steve yells "Laura, let me help you, you aren't equipped to fight a dragon, or anyone but maybe a roadside thief, at least take my sword"

Nova_Eclipse
2016-03-12, 12:15 AM
Electra considers for a moment, then shakes her head.

"I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be able to help you, I'm afraid." She turns back to the bartender, sure the paladin will manage by himself somehow.

8BitNinja
2016-03-12, 12:25 AM
Electra considers for a moment, then shakes her head.

"I appreciate the offer, but I'm not going to be able to help you, I'm afraid." She turns back to the bartender, sure the paladin will manage by himself somehow.

Steve says to Electra, "alright, may heaven be with you" Steve continues his chase after Laura, at this point he is already on his mount, riding after her. While riding after Lauta, Steve prays "O Powerful One, please allow your servant to find this girl so that justice may be done in Your name." As the Paladin rides on, his horse sniffs the air for Laura's scent.

5a Violista
2016-03-12, 04:37 AM
Definitely ominous. But, Krystal is a bit hopeful about Malice's future.

Hopeful, but not stupid.

She pays for her drink and goes to follow the Ultron lookalike.

Well, guess we got some work to do, huh?

((I need to post more frequently...this was two pages ago.))

Malicebot #8 gives a hearty laugh. He just downloaded a comic about Spidergirl, and she said a pretty funny joke to that one guy of the Fantastic Five. Also, it seemed like the situationally appropriate thing to do.
"Yes, yes we do," he says. "People to save, villains to crush, plans to thwart, and generic Eastern European cities to drop out of the sky." He doesn't laugh after this sentence, though, because he's shooting for a spit-take.

So I don't really have any inspiration right now, but heading to the Inside (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=20531244&postcount=404) thread seems like a good idea. There's always things happening there, right? "Maybe we'll get lucky, even, and run into a dragon."

Gullara
2016-03-12, 12:10 PM
Well... that was a flurry of activity. None of it's making Sakura very comfortable. "Maybe we should be finishing this at home, Adir. I dunno if I like it here right now."

Murkus
2016-03-12, 05:33 PM
"Whuh-- ahhhh, this place is harmless," Adir insists, blinking each of his eyes separately (and slowly) before glancing back toward the messy encounter before them. "Well. Mos'ly harmless. Alright. We can go."

Nova_Eclipse
2016-03-13, 12:08 PM
Electra doesn't acknowledge the paladin's final words to her. She looks to what she assumes is a bartender, but is actually one of the waitresses. The waitress looks back at her and thinks for a moment.

"That was good money you turned down, you know," she starts. Electra wrinkles her nose.

"Not from where I'm sitting. I need a job, not a lost cause. That girl didn't seem to want his help, and I'm not inclined to force help on someone who doesn't want it. For all I know, he could be stalking her. And even if not, he didn't seem particularly together. If circumstances were different, I might have taken it, but I just couldn't see a way where I would do much good, anyways." She shakes her head slightly and looks down for a moment, before looking back up. "Now, then, do you happen to know where I might find work from more stable clients?"

"Hmmm," she thinks for a moment, then her eyes light up, "Well, off the top of my head, you might try the MERC offices. They're usually looking for people. You might also try HALO."

"MERC? Is that a mercenary company?"

"Yep! They have offices in Riverside and Skyside." She picks up a glass and starts wiping it.

"How do I get there? As I said, I'm new here." She smiles a bit.

"Oh, it's really easy, just hop on the Riftline, and it'll take you where you want to go. Now, can I get you something?" She puts the glass down and pulls out a pad. Electra smiles and shakes her head.

"I'm sorry, but I really need to get going. Thank you so much for the info, I'll stop by again soon." Electra stands and heads out the door. The waitress looks disappointed for a moment, but then goes to tend to other patrons.

Gullara
2016-03-13, 05:21 PM
"Wait wait." Sakura considers something for a moment, squinting her eyes. "You can't drive. We need Cessie to come get us."

Murkus
2016-03-14, 05:12 PM
"Wha'? I can-- I've barely had any. I'm sober as a sailor," Adir assures her with a brilliant grin, seemingly aware of how silly that sounds. "But if you insist. Humph."

The stag fishes out his cell phone with just a modicum more clumsiness than usual and dials the sorceress. His tail flicks with feigned impatience. Her home phone most likely, her cell if she's got one and he's aware of the number. Presumably he would be. With it still ringing, he offers the little gadget to Sakura. "You wanna asker? She's gonna s-sigh at me."

Gullara
2016-03-15, 12:38 AM
"Sure sure, you're tooootally sober." She giggles. "Here, gimme that." Sakura grabs the phone and crams it against her ear. She waits patiently for her friend to pick up.

Shadowcaller
2016-03-16, 01:50 AM
As Sakura hears the ringtone she might recall the fact that even if Cessie had a car or similar type of transportation, she certainly couldn't drive it. The sorceress either walked or used her elements when she wanted to go anywhere. The only thing she knew what to use as a transportation was a horse.
"Adir? What is it?" She finally hears Cessie on the other end of the line, she sounds concerned considering the late hour.

Murkus
2016-03-16, 02:53 PM
"I-- Hi Cessie!" Adir exclaims, stepping around behind Sakura and grabbing her by the shoulders, perking one ear toward the cell phone. He'll listen in!

Gullara
2016-03-16, 09:37 PM
Sakura winces and waves a hand in Adir's face. Not so loud in her ear! That said, Sakura herself raises her voice to the point that someone across the bar could hear her clearly. "Hi Cessie, it's me. Uh, can you get me and Adir home. I finally let him give me alcohol and I know he can't drive now."

Lost_Deep
2016-03-17, 12:54 PM
"You're a smart Jemmy then, aye?" Dixie asks, an eyebrow raising up, though she doesn't stop smiling.
"Good. One's gotta be to be able to survive."
"We hate their kind, if you must know. Don't we, brother?" She looks to her brother, Currant, then back to Nimaah.
"We do, dear sister." He mirrors her reaction while he speaks.

"Parents sold us to the big men just to make big bucks."
"Aye, we're kinetics, you see? So we got to get experimented on."
"But now we're out of that tin-can."
"Doesn't mean we can't still hate them, though."

Nimaah might begin to get the sense that she's not talking to two people separately, but two people speaking at once. Their actions, movements and speech are a little bit too synchronized, as though they had a tight mental link. Which they do.

She might of course also notice (though these two are very good with their fingers, so she just might not) that these two are pickpocketing her, just to see what she's carrying. It makes for good conversation when you know what the other person's carrying in his/her pockets.

Most of the pockets are on the inisde of that jacket. There's something there, like a round sword's hilt without a crossguard or blade, vials and other glass things, a few devices they can't recognize from touch alone... but they may notice an invisible force seize the wrist of each offending hand as they start.

"And it's a tad hard to get on your feet after your parents shoved you off," Nimaah nods understandingly, "And I can sympathize with that, but I doubt you have a fence that can handle my inventory." She's not mad, it doesn't seem.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-17, 01:27 PM
The twins freeze, realizing they've been caught, the first that caught them outright, and seems to have telekinetic powers, too.

Then they begin to look at Nimaah with renewed interest, both thinking out loud, though the output starts with him first. Their movement runs the gamut of movements from looking shocked to looking happy, each twin clenching a fist in triumphant scheming.
"Wow."
"It's one of us, brother."
"Yeah."
"But a singular, not a twin."
"Wonderful."
"And she's street-smart, too."
"She's a friend, then!"
"Yes, friend!"
"Perhaps she could teach us a few tricks."
"Wonderful! As lovely as it is to organize the shiniest things, it'd be even lovelier to strengthen our combined powe, wouldn't it, brother?"
"Yes. And with our combined power, we would be unstoppable!"
"Yeah... think of all the gold, brother."
"And all the glory, sister."

They smile at each other and hold hands, then turn to face Nimaah once more, speaking at the same time, this time. "Let us travel with you, please! We can show you around, even!"

Lost_Deep
2016-03-17, 01:40 PM
Nimaah laughs. "This place is weird." she releases the two (as long as they don't try to take anything). "So, force-sensitive twins, eh? And then Sith Alchemy happened. Are the two of you kind of one now, or are you just the sort of twins that are really in sync?"

Cyber Punk
2016-03-17, 01:54 PM
The twins giggle among themselves, also as they're allowed to go through her things, though having to be taught a few times not to take anything.

"What's a Sith?"
"And this business about a force?"
"Maybe she means kinetics."
"Or... -long gasp- maybe it's a different world version!"
"Well, we wouldn't find that unbelievable, after what we'd seen..."

"There's a girl that can turn into a bird!" Currant suddenly exclaims, spreading his arms wide.
"And booze that can get you knackered in a few drinks flat!" Dixie exclaims, mirroring her brother's actions.
"This is no ordinary place, Numa." They got the pronunciation of her name wrong."
"It's a mish-mas of places, we tell you!"

Lost_Deep
2016-03-17, 02:07 PM
Nimaah will discourage them from going through her things. Some of those things are more dangerous than they seem. "What? That's an odd way to put things. So, what can you two do?" If they show her, she'll take a moment to be attentive, watching for fluctuations in the force. She's pretty good at it, when she actually tries.

Recaiden
2016-03-17, 02:38 PM
I wonder, as I enter this bar, the center of this nexus, if this task might be beyond me. Perhaps it it beyond any one person, I think. I am quite sure it is not as simple as crafting a Wonder, or we would have many True Worlds. I claim to myself and my students that I am here to study, to attempt to observe the anomaly of this place, the strain in the fabric of worlds that allowed the portal we came through. Let it even exist. This is not untrue, but perhaps its' not even a half-truth.

I can feel it as I walk in. This place is more real than our home. It is almost True. A mechanical truth, but still, there is something here that isn't in that Directory. As the pads of my feet press on the floor they pick up dust. They pride themselves on clean glasses, miracles of optics and containment that most will end up too drunk to appreciate. Apparently not so for clean floors.

I slink to the bar, place my paws on a seat, straighten up to address the bartender. Xorn Zinfandel, my request. He (?) (I have such trouble telling humans apart, given all those garments) opines about whether "I mightn't prefer Feline's Fancy.". He doesn't have a chromatic field. The body is human, but he is something else. Elemental. I chuckle and smile toothlessly, indulging his thoughtless humor. The glass is full, sliding towards me, the drink creeping higher and higher, stopping just before the lip. The motion of this glass was foretold, born of long expertise.

I stretch to wrap my tentacles around it and take a careful sip. I shudder. I can feel it run through my whole body, even my horns tingling. When the place stops spinning and ringing I finally regard the room.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-17, 08:30 PM
Nimaah will discourage them from going through her things. Some of those things are more dangerous than they seem. "What? That's an odd way to put things. So, what can you two do?" If they show her, she'll take a moment to be attentive, watching for fluctuations in the force. She's pretty good at it, when she actually tries.

The twins frown at their inability to go through her things, though they appreciate being allowed to touch, at least. SOme of the stuff gets them rather curious, and they wish they could explore more directly...

"I pull..." Dixie says, pulling Ilyona's now-empty cup towards her.
"And I push!" Currant announces, increasing the speed of the cup as it moves towards the grinning girl.
"And together..."
"We control stuff!"

As for any fluctuations, I'm not sure what that is, but they're pretty wel-synched, the twins, and their control of their abilities is good, as well.

Or maybe fluctuations just show when powers have bee used, but my knowledge of star wars is limited, at best.

Shadowcaller
2016-03-19, 09:33 AM
"I-- Hi Cessie!" Adir exclaims, stepping around behind Sakura and grabbing her by the shoulders, perking one ear toward the cell phone. He'll listen in!

Sakura winces and waves a hand in Adir's face. Not so loud in her ear! That said, Sakura herself raises her voice to the point that someone across the bar could hear her clearly. "Hi Cessie, it's me. Uh, can you get me and Adir home. I finally let him give me alcohol and I know he can't drive now."

There is a long pauses at the other end of the line.

"Sakura, you know that I don't have a car." Nor could she drive one. "I... guess I could try to pick you up in some other way but you should really have considered this." They were so impulsive sometimes, both of them. "I don't even know where you are."

Lost_Deep
2016-03-20, 04:01 PM
The twins frown at their inability to go through her things, though they appreciate being allowed to touch, at least. SOme of the stuff gets them rather curious, and they wish they could explore more directly...

"I pull..." Dixie says, pulling Ilyona's now-empty cup towards her.
"And I push!" Currant announces, increasing the speed of the cup as it moves towards the grinning girl.
"And together..."
"We control stuff!"

As for any fluctuations, I'm not sure what that is, but they're pretty wel-synched, the twins, and their control of their abilities is good, as well.

Or maybe fluctuations just show when powers have bee used, but my knowledge of star wars is limited, at best.

Nimaah huhs. That's certainly not normal. "So, what was that about this place being a lot of places?" Nimaah asks, "And is that important to this situation?"

Cyber Punk
2016-03-20, 05:48 PM
Both twins nod several times.
"We're not sure, but... there's knights of old living alongside human-like robots..."
"Medieval castles and future megacorps in the same area..."
"It's bonkers!"
"Absolutely!"

"Don't be surprised if your world is the stuff of fiction someplace else." Dixie glances at her brother, and he nods back wordlessly. Immediately, they quit trying to get into her pockets.
"Speaking of stuff..."
"You got a lot of interesting things."
"We'd like to visit your world! Won't we, sister?"
"We would, brother."

Lost_Deep
2016-03-20, 09:00 PM
"Great! All we need is a specialist on Star Forge technology, and we can get started. Given that there's been about one of those in the last 200 or so years, at least in my world, and he's dead or maybe not dead, but that was 200 years ago, so... Also! My 'world' is a galaxy. Space travel, that common where you come from?" Nimaah asks casually.

The Alexandrian
2016-03-21, 01:12 AM
[Livret and Bonnie - The Longest Delay in the World]

How - how can this be? The blasted wyrm yet breathes, and what's more, he's as snide as the day he crawled out of his egg (presumably)! For the first time in years, liberal application of gratuitous violence has utterly failed Bonnie! In a day - no, not even a day - Livret's wounds will have healed, and he'll be free to torment anyone and everyone in close proximity to him at his leisure.

Trembling with rage, the livid dragon gains her feet. Her hands are clenched into white-knuckled fists, her fingernails gouging divots into fields of pallid skin. Silently, she glowers at Livret as he says his piece, her teeth grit and bared in the most frightful display of aggression that the vast majority of the patrons of this fine establishment have ever borne witness to. Anyone with a lick of sense immediately clears out of the smoking section of the tavern as fast as their legs, wings, fins, pseudopods, and/or wheels can carry them.

"You smug, bite-sized, sack of *expletive*! How dare you hide behind your dinky tea kettle and insult me!"

Bonnie roars at Livret, tears surreptitiously welling up in the corners of her azure eyes.

"I may be a bastard (child), but you're a-"

Woah! That segment of dialogue is in no way, shape, or form forum appropriate! With that much cussing and bellowing about Livret, Livret's mother's insatiable appetites, barnyard animals, and how happy everyone would be if Livret were to keel over on the spot, Bonnie could put at least a baker's dozen mule drivers to shame.

This round may be finished, but Bonnie isn't. She'll continue to (attempt to) shout at Livret for the duration of the following post - much to Livret's perverse delight, no doubt, being the cruel, cold-blooded reptile that he is.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-21, 10:42 AM
"Great! All we need is a specialist on Star Forge technology, and we can get started. Given that there's been about one of those in the last 200 or so years, at least in my world, and he's dead or maybe not dead, but that was 200 years ago, so... Also! My 'world' is a galaxy. Space travel, that common where you come from?" Nimaah asks casually.

The twins show confusion, Dixie by scratching her head and Currant by just staring at her.

"Space travel? Everyone knows there's no life on other planets!" Currant declares, breaking into laughter.
"Haha, that's a load o'..." Dixie begins, then stops laughing when something occurs to her.
"Ah, right." Currant stops laughing as well, nodding to their telephatic conversation. "Well, in our world, at least."
"But we've got space travel, and space stations."
"Our prison lab was one."

Some silence. "So, did you have life on other planets?" They're both suddenly very interested in Nimaah again.
"Can we see one?"

Lost_Deep
2016-03-21, 11:12 AM
"Again, get me an expert in Star Forge tech, and we can start to talk," Nimaah says, "Until then, near as I can tell I'm stuck here."

Murkus
2016-03-21, 07:59 PM

"Sakura, you know that I don't have a car." Nor could she drive one. "I... guess I could try to pick you up in some other way but you should really have considered this." They were so impulsive sometimes, both of them. "I don't even know where you are."

"Trogs! We're at Trogs!" Adir pipes pleasantly for Cessie's benefit. "See, Sakura, now we're even. Neither of us can drive." Adir gives a big stinker of a grin.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-21, 08:14 PM
"Again, get me an expert in Star Forge tech, and we can start to talk," Nimaah says, "Until then, near as I can tell I'm stuck here."

The twins just stare at Nimaah for a bit.
"Ah, well..." Currant's the first to speak, scratching his head.
"I guess you're screwed, then?" Dixie looks apologetic, and they both shrug.
"But being stuck here doesn't have to be so bad, now."
"You've got us to liven up the experience!"

Lost_Deep
2016-03-22, 05:22 PM
"No offense, but I get tired of people a tad fast, so I don't see us going on a grand adventure together," Nimaah admits, "But I do appreciate you two's... ah, spirit? You've been a good greeting, better than cutty and stabby."

Cyber Punk
2016-03-24, 09:46 PM
The twins laugh at Nimaah's little joke concerning the robot twins.
"No one's going on any bloody grand adventures, sister!"
"We'd get right bored on the way, as well!"
"But as for lots of little adventures..."
"Yes, the occasional meeting and pilfering of loot..."

The twins giggle conspiratorially.

"But first!"
"Yes, the star forge!"
"You never told us what it is."
"Who knows? We might be able to help, after all!"

Lost_Deep
2016-03-25, 01:10 PM
"Oh, it's just a giant space station factory made by an ancient super-advanced empire that is made to manufacture a nigh-infinite army by siphoning energy off a star. It was destroyed about 200 years ago," she says casually, "Not a lot is known about it."

Cyber Punk
2016-03-27, 08:44 PM
The twins 'woahhhh...' in wonderment.

"Let's ask around!" They say simultaneously, thrusting their fists in the air triumphantly. "It'll be a mini-adventure!"

Then they get on their knees. "Oh please oh please let us come with you as you ask around, sister! We'll help!" They both give their best puppy-dog eyes impressions.

Lost_Deep
2016-03-28, 07:07 PM
Nimaah gives the two of them a raised eyebrow.

"No."

She then orders some actual food.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-29, 09:55 PM
The door to the tavern opens and a couple of old faces appear. Specifically, it's a tall, bald and muscular black man in a baby blue sweater, black chinos pants and black Converse-brand sneakers, with purple cybernetic-looking eyes and faint light lines around said eyes. Holding one of his arms is a blue-skinned lady with dark-blue hair and eyes wearing a white short-sleeved shirt and a grey skirt. There are a pair of folded wings at her back, and there's something see-through and holographic about her appearance.

It's Fixer and Felicity as most people know them, though they won't answer to the names anymore.

The two walk over to the bar and sit on a chair each.

"Good to be back here, isn't it, Bliss?" He smiles at his lover, then resumes stoically re-examining the place. "Looks like it's seen better days, though."

"Good? It's downright pleasant and wonderful! I can't wait to see everyone we haven't seen in a while, and meet new people, and visit both new and old places, and... and... Squeeeeeeeee!" Bliss responds enthusiastically. "Won't it be awesome, Jordan?"

"Yes, dear." He grasps her hand and squeezes it affectionately, a gesture she returns.

Nimaah gives the two of them a raised eyebrow.

"No."

She then orders some actual food.

The two suddenly look crestfallen.
"But why?"
"Please, Numa."
"Let us help."
"You're the most smashingly fun person we've seen since we came here."
"And you use kinetic powers, too!"
"We promise we'll be good!"
"Very good!"
"Promise!"

Recaiden
2016-03-29, 10:17 PM
You're talking to me. You've been talking to me for a while now. You aren't as unreasonable as your family's creation. You know we're all one and alike.
I am? How did I find the-
You had plenty of time; this is earlier. You have two hands, two legs, a dark hat - everything is about to happen. We're planning. Theorizing. There's a plate of snack food between us. It's terribly over-engineered; my tentacles are all greasy. Someone you know just entered. You make an excuse. You rise to greet them.

That's a generous description. Cleo turns to look at Jordan and Bliss with a raised eyebrow and waves. She stays in her seat.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-29, 11:58 PM
Bliss notices Cleo wave first, and waves back. "Hey, look, babe! That's Cleo! Without her we'd have never gotten together! We should go and thank her!" She doesn't wait for an answer before getting up to relocate until she's beside Cleo.

Jordan just shakes his head and rises to follow his mate, sitting beside her and Cleo. "Hi, Cleo. Long time, no see." He offers a hand to shake.

"And we're still together since then, all thanks to you! We even got a place of our own and changed our names! We're now Jordan and Bliss, he chose Jordan, and I chose Bliss because I'm very happy with him, and we chose McKenzie for a surname, in honor of Jordan's old commanding officer!" Bliss smiles, and tries to hug Cleo after that infodump. She's always been very talkative.

"One thing at a time, Bliss." Jordan mutters to himself.

Recaiden
2016-03-30, 01:40 AM
"So I've heard. Rather longer for you, hasn't it been?"

Cleo turns in her seat. She tries to shake Jordan's hand, but, well, it's rather interrupted by the hug.

"Oof. Good to see that it worked out for you."
'Always' is so flexible.
"Not what I would have expected. New names, same old getting carried away. You aren't on the run from the law, are you?"

Reinholdt
2016-03-30, 03:54 AM
Enter one catgirl. Her thigh high pink boots and two pink bows, one around her neck the other at the end of her tail, are offset by her blue-grey tail and the slim black dress-skirt that comes to just above the boots. Reina will be the first to admit, it's difficult not wearing another two or three layers on top of that. Zombies are real and they are terrifying and why isn't everyone wearing protective hazmat suits all the time? But there's some appeal to the bare necessities and that's how she's illustrated, so that's what she's stuck wearing.

Reina takes a look around before taking a seat near to the muscular man and his semi-holographic winged friend. She believes she even recognizes Cleo. But maybe she's mistaken. The last time she remembers talking to Cleo Reina was still Reinholdt. Lots of changes. Besides, Cleo seems to be in a midst of a conversation. Best not to interrupt. Instead she'll just order some fish and rum from the menu.

Lost_Deep
2016-03-30, 03:25 PM
The two suddenly look crestfallen.
"But why?"
"Please, Numa."
"Let us help."
"You're the most smashingly fun person we've seen since we came here."
"And you use kinetic powers, too!"
"We promise we'll be good!"
"Very good!"
"Promise!"

"See, you two don't quite get the tune I play to. Sit down, let's learn a thing or two about the Sith. Now, if you ask most people about the Sith, they'll tell you that they're half-obsessed with survival of the fittest and half-obsessed with taking over the galaxy and furthermore a bunch of nutters. And they're right on all accounts, most Sith are evil nutters and nothing more. But me, I'm a bit more open-minded and a lot smarter. I take the Sith code, and unlike all the others who just kind of say it, I take it literally," Nimaah says.

Gullara
2016-03-30, 07:57 PM

"Trogs! We're at Trogs!" Adir pipes pleasantly for Cessie's benefit. "See, Sakura, now we're even. Neither of us can drive." Adir gives a big stinker of a grin.

Sakura gives Adir a little poke with her elbow. "That's not a good thing, Adir. You're supposed to get us places!" Oh right, she's talking to Cessie. "Just pick us up however. It's fine!" She tries to be reassuring.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-31, 01:45 AM
"So I've heard. Rather longer for you, hasn't it been?"

Cleo turns in her seat. She tries to shake Jordan's hand, but, well, it's rather interrupted by the hug.

"Oof. Good to see that it worked out for you."
'Always' is so flexible.
"Not what I would have expected. New names, same old getting carried away. You aren't on the run from the law, are you?"

Bliss laughs heartily. "No, nothing like that. We're here to visit!"

"And do missions." Jordan adds.

"Yeah, but mostly the first one!" Bliss smiles happily, and shares a kiss with Jordan. "We've missed this place, haven't we, my love?" She smiles at her lover, who actually returns the smile. "Oh yes, we have."

Enter one catgirl. Her thigh high pink boots and two pink bows, one around her neck the other at the end of her tail, are offset by her blue-grey tail and the slim black dress-skirt that comes to just above the boots. Reina will be the first to admit, it's difficult not wearing another two or three layers on top of that. Zombies are real and they are terrifying and why isn't everyone wearing protective hazmat suits all the time? But there's some appeal to the bare necessities and that's how she's illustrated, so that's what she's stuck wearing.

Reina takes a look around before taking a seat near to the muscular man and his semi-holographic winged friend. She believes she even recognizes Cleo. But maybe she's mistaken. The last time she remembers talking to Cleo Reina was still Reinholdt. Lots of changes. Besides, Cleo seems to be in a midst of a conversation. Best not to interrupt. Instead she'll just order some fish and rum from the menu.

Bliss is distracted by the catgirl! The cat girl and her snazzy outfit. "Cool outfit! I like pink, and I once knew someone that loved pink to the point of obsession, but look! Pink!" She enthusiastically smiles and points at Reina's tail bow.

"See, you two don't quite get the tune I play to. Sit down, let's learn a thing or two about the Sith. Now, if you ask most people about the Sith, they'll tell you that they're half-obsessed with survival of the fittest and half-obsessed with taking over the galaxy and furthermore a bunch of nutters. And they're right on all accounts, most Sith are evil nutters and nothing more. But me, I'm a bit more open-minded and a lot smarter. I take the Sith code, and unlike all the others who just kind of say it, I take it literally," Nimaah says.

The two blink at Nimaah.
"Sith code?"
"What's that?"
"And why is it called 'Sith'?"
"Makes it sound like one has a lisp, it does."

Lost_Deep
2016-03-31, 04:38 PM
Nimaah smiles, having gotten them to ask the right question, and casually waves off the wrong one. "Why it's called 'Sith' is something of a stupid story, but the important part is this:"

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."
"Through passion, I gain strength."
"Through strength, I gain power."
"Through power, I gain victory."
"Through victory, my chains are broken."
"The Force shall free me."

"Now, help me out here," Nimaah says, drumming her fingers on her forehead, "Where in there does it say, 'conquer the universe beneath a tyrannical regime'?"

Recaiden
2016-03-31, 07:22 PM
"Missions, huh? With what kind of goals, if I might ask?"

Here comes a catgirl. She looks kind of familiar. But it would be rather embarrassing if she were wrong. People would think she couldn't tell cat-people apart, when really, that's rather far from the truth.

Cleo give a shrug.
"Pink's just the best color."
Nothing else to it.

Cyber Punk
2016-03-31, 07:57 PM
Nimaah smiles, having gotten them to ask the right question, and casually waves off the wrong one. "Why it's called 'Sith' is something of a stupid story, but the important part is this:"

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."
"Through passion, I gain strength."
"Through strength, I gain power."
"Through power, I gain victory."
"Through victory, my chains are broken."
"The Force shall free me."

"Now, help me out here," Nimaah says, drumming her fingers on her forehead, "Where in there does it say, 'conquer the universe beneath a tyrannical regime'?"

Currant and Dixe hang on to Nimaah's every word. "Oooh."

Dixie taps her chin. "Hmm... what do you think, brother dearest?"
Currant looks at her. "It says passion gives victory, dear sister."
"Yes, and victory equals freedom."
"Some's idea of passion is to rule."
"To dominate others under their tyrannical boot."
"Maybe others do have real passions? Though, thinking about it, as silly as 'Sith' sounds, it does sound somewhat foreboding."
"Well, they do say 'power corrupts'...."

They both look at Nimaah, gauging her reaction.

((I'll wait for Rein first, Rec))

Artemis97
2016-03-31, 10:05 PM
The front door of the tavern opens and in steps a tall elf with short, sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He's dressed in loose robes of light material and high leather boots. He wears a sash of deep maroon, adorned with pins and badges of various makes and materials. A belt, striped white and blue, wraps around his waist. He carries a simple wooden staff in one hand.

And so, Renault enters the tavern and finds himself a seat at an empty table, out of the way of others. He orders himself a pot of hot water and brews a cup of tea using herbs taken from one of his many pockets. While he waits for the tea to steep, the desert elf pulls a leather bag from his pocket and clears the area in front of himself. Closing his eyes he holds the bag loosely between his hands and shakes it. The contents rattle lightly. After a moment he overturns the bag's contents onto the table. A variety of stones carved in the shapes of animals, or decorated with runes tumble out. Renault carefully sets aside the empty bag and begins to examine the stones and the pattern in which they have fallen.

Reinholdt
2016-04-01, 12:10 AM
"Umm, yes, thank you." Reina says, turning her head to look at Bliss and Cleo, her tail swinging over a bit into her vision as if to check the ribbon and confirm that it is, in fact, pink. "It's pink all right." She isn't sure that it's the best color, but there's no reason to argue that point. The catgirl just believes it contrasts well with the blue of her tail. Which may be true, but may not be. She hasn't had nearly as much practice as others when it comes co-ordinating outfits.

"You have very nice, umm..." Reina hesitates for a moment, trying to decide on what way to politely return the compliment. "Wings," she finally settles on. Might as well go with the elephant rather than trying for a mouse.

Slii Arhem
2016-04-01, 08:52 AM
The front door of the tavern opens and in steps a tall elf with short, sandy blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. He's dressed in loose robes of light material and high leather boots. He wears a sash of deep maroon, adorned with pins and badges of various makes and materials. A belt, striped white and blue, wraps around his waist. He carries a simple wooden staff in one hand.

And so, Renault enters the tavern and finds himself a seat at an empty table, out of the way of others. He orders himself a pot of hot water and brews a cup of tea using herbs taken from one of his many pockets. While he waits for the tea to steep, the desert elf pulls a leather bag from his pocket and clears the area in front of himself. Closing his eyes he holds the bag loosely between his hands and shakes it. The contents rattle lightly. After a moment he overturns the bag's contents onto the table. A variety of stones carved in the shapes of animals, or decorated with runes tumble out. Renault carefully sets aside the empty bag and begins to examine the stones and the pattern in which they have fallen.

Death, Loss, Trapped, Wealth, and a direction. North and Down. A clear sign if there ever is one, though still open to interpretation. Renault may have a vision of the stones blurring together, sparkling and twinkling in the light of a torch as he, seen from above, approaches a massive underground cavern filled with many jagged crystalline spires. And there in the center, suspended above an endless pit by four of the longest, thinnest spires reaching out from the four compass points of the gulf, sits a crystal more magnificent than all the rest. But there is a darkness within, and as the vision begins to fade there is a moment of instantaneous clarity. A figure, trapped as a fly in amber, sits dead in this eternal prison beneath the earth.

Lost_Deep
2016-04-01, 09:49 AM
"Okay, but then how does an entire empire of Sith work? Where each Sith is beating on all the others, there's tense politics, and of course there's only one emperor. And, furthermore, only complete sadists are proper Sith, and anyone who isn't willing to kill a slave because he's bored is weak. I don't want to go into a full rant right now, because I'm mostly enjoying myself," She takes a messy bite of her food, "But suffice to say that most Sith are completely blind to how to actually RULE anything. They can conquer just fine, in an overly direct and evil way, maybe, but they can't rule with any kind of stability. Too much backstabbing and slave revolts."

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 06:31 PM
Renault's blue eyes shift to take on a golden glow as the vision comes into focus. The elf sways, dazzled by what he's seeing. He nearly falls out of his chair, but suddenly his eyes return to normal and he's left with nothing more than the stones before him. He takes a deep breath to steady himself. "It's been a while since that's happened." He mumbles.

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 06:42 PM
"Are you quite alright? You look like you just had a vision." says a voice from his table, where sits a small canine imp, bat-winged and long-tailed, his furry red-brown body covered by simple but well-cut slacks and a button-down shirt. He's carrying a tome far too large for him.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 06:49 PM
"I have just had a vision, in fact. How did you..." Renault falters a little when he sees precisely what he's having a conversation with. "Ah, forgive me for asking, but are you a vision too?" The poor elf wasn't certain if the Imp was reality or not. You could never be sure in the Nexus.

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 06:52 PM
"I sure hope not. I'm supposed to give those to people. What was yours about, if it wasn't anything personal?" he asks, but not before he takes his book and bats the bottom against the table, hopefully causing enough of a jolt that the elf can tell he's flesh and blood. Sort of.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 07:11 PM
The elf jumps a bit, and quickly checks that his seer stones weren't jostled too badly, before speaking. "There was a cavern full of crystals, beautiful, and at the center, suspended in the air was a large crystal, the largest I've ever seen. There was something trapped within it. Long dead. Imprisoned for eternity. It's almost tragic." Renault explains, his face growing sad. "I was there. I think that means I should search for it. Or will search for it. Something like that. You know how visions are." If the canine spirit gave them out, as claimed, he would certainly understand.

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 07:16 PM
"Do you have anything else to go on? Giant crystals aren't exactly common but it's not the best point to start a search. And you know, sometimes when things are trapped for eternity, they're trapped for good reason." he says giving a small smile as he says so. After all, beings like that are usually demons.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 07:23 PM
"I know, but a crystal used as a prison, could make for a very interesting thesis, if I could study it. The other Masters at the Academy would be pleased to find a new use for Andari crystals." As he speaks, Renault pulls a notebook from his pocket and starts writing down his observations of the seer stones. "And the stones have some things to say. Death and loss. Trapped. Wealth. North and down. That's a clue. I might be able to scry for something more if I can get closer. Also this is just a general reading, if I ask more specific questions, I'll get better results." His notes taken, Renault tucks the notebook away and begins to pick up the seer stones.

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 07:26 PM
"North and underground is a much better start. At least you can search that sort of thing. Tell me if I can help. I generally don't have as complete records in this realm, but I have more than most." he says with a shrug.
He seems rather nonchalantly confident for someone so short.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 07:34 PM
Renault thinks a moment. "Do you know if there are mountains north of the city? My maps are horrendously un-useful in this place. I can barely navigate home when I need to. If I could find an accurate map, I could scry for the place. I could take another reading, as well, for more information, now that I have something specific to ask. Actually, you could help there. Readings work better with two people."

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 07:46 PM
Tep shakes his head. "I have maps I could lend, but I can't guarantee they're of the place you seek. North is good, but it's still too vague. And my maps are only above ground. What is it you need me to do?" he asks, setting his tome down and sitting down upon it.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 07:52 PM
Renault picks up the leather bag of seer stones and holds it out between himself and the imp. "Place your hands on either side of the bag, loosely. While we focus on a question, we shake the bag and then dump it onto the table and see what turns up. Would you like to give it a try? You'll need to pick a question. It's best to speak it aloud, so that the spirits hear you better." The elf instructs, finding it a bit odd that he is explaining communing with the spirits to what is probably a spirit in of itself. Best to humor it, though.

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 07:59 PM
Tep shakes his head. He eyes his tome for a moment. No, let him keep his cover for now. Why turn down a learning experience?
"No, you should ask the question yourself. I am not mortal; your spirits might not answer my question so readily as you."

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 08:02 PM
"Very well." Renault follows the steps he explained asking of the spirits "Where should we search for the Crystal Cavern I saw in my vision?" Before dumping the contents of the bag onto the table again.

Slii Arhem
2016-04-01, 08:15 PM
"Very well." Renault follows the steps he explained asking of the spirits "Where should we search for the Crystal Cavern I saw in my vision?" Before dumping the contents of the bag onto the table again.

The stones read Trapped, Weight, Power, Weak, and Sacrifice.

To those that know the way, the passage is always open. The words echo, reverberating off the crystalline cavern walls as the prison becomes crisp and clear in his mind once more. Twelve figures gathered at the edge of the pit, one each to the positions surrounding the gem as they hold ropes going up to the shadowy ceiling, slowly letting them slack as it's lowered as carefully possible into place.

Speak his name to find the way. Know his name to follow it. Know his crime and seek neither. Let this be forgotten for all time. The twelve breathe heavily, steadying themselves after their labor. Preparing themselves for what comes. Each hesitates, but they have come too far. The place is sealed, and none dare speak of him while he still might live.

As one they cast themselves into the pit, and the name would be lost to all time but for Renault's vision. To seek the cavern, he must find the name.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 08:31 PM
One again, Renault's eyes glow golden, but then he blinks and it's gone, his face turning pale. "Dear goddess, they killed themselves to seal that thing away." He explains what he saw to Tep. The elf then shakes his head. "To find this place, I need the name, but I do not know if I am brave enough to ask for it. Could it be that simple? To just ask? Aiya..." He runs a hand through his hair and looks down at the stones, seeking some sort of guidance.

Again, the elf takes his notebook from his pocket and writes down the reading. "Trapped, Weight, Power, that all makes sense, but weak? What is Weak? Those people? The seal? Myself?"

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 08:41 PM
"You know of this sacrifice? And still, you seek it? You do so at your own and other's peril, you understand. But if these spirits of yours have never taken offense before, I see no reason why they will this time." he says, flicking his wings.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 09:14 PM
"Surely I am meant to seek it? or the spirits would not show me such visions. If I do not, I may be plagued with them. I have seen myself in the cavern. Perhaps I am being led astray, however?" Renault frowns and starts scooping the seer stones into his bag again.

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 09:20 PM
Tep shakes his head.
"That is not for me to know. The minds of others, especially spirits so alien to my realm, are outside of my knowing. I can only let you make your choice yourself. That is always within a mortal's power. It is their most dangerous and powerful asset." he says with a nod.

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 09:36 PM
Renault's brain shifts gears for a moment. "You're not a spirit? Nor are you mortal. May I ask, just what are you?"

Deathkeeper
2016-04-01, 10:13 PM
Tep shakes his head.
"I could be what you would label a spirit. But I am not from the same realm as you, and thus your spirits are not the same as such beings from my home. That is all."

Artemis97
2016-04-01, 10:18 PM
"Interesting." Is all Renault says in reply to that.

"I think I will do one more reading." The elf decides, picking up the bag of seer stones again. "What will come if I seek the Crystal Cavern?" He asks, shaking it between his hands and then, for a third time, tipping it out onto the table.

Cyber Punk
2016-04-02, 04:17 AM
"Missions, huh? With what kind of goals, if I might ask?"

Here comes a catgirl. She looks kind of familiar. But it would be rather embarrassing if she were wrong. People would think she couldn't tell cat-people apart, when really, that's rather far from the truth.

Cleo give a shrug.
"Pink's just the best color."
Nothing else to it.

"Umm, yes, thank you." Reina says, turning her head to look at Bliss and Cleo, her tail swinging over a bit into her vision as if to check the ribbon and confirm that it is, in fact, pink. "It's pink all right." She isn't sure that it's the best color, but there's no reason to argue that point. The catgirl just believes it contrasts well with the blue of her tail. Which may be true, but may not be. She hasn't had nearly as much practice as others when it comes co-ordinating outfits.

"You have very nice, umm..." Reina hesitates for a moment, trying to decide on what way to politely return the compliment. "Wings," she finally settles on. Might as well go with the elephant rather than trying for a mouse.

"Ah, you know, espionage, spying, sanctioned murder, that kind of thing." Bliss replies, waving her hand dismissively. Jordan doesn't stop her from saying too much, it's the Nexus, after all.

Bliss giggles at Reina. "Aww, you noticed! Thank you, I like 'em! I like you, too, you're funny."

"Bliss." Jordan says in a chastising tone, causing her to pout. "I didn't mean it like that, J!" She turns to Reina. "You know I didn't mean it like that, right?"

She changes her seating position so she's closer to Reina than to Cleo, leaving Jordan close to the pink-loving draconic lady.

"Okay, but then how does an entire empire of Sith work? Where each Sith is beating on all the others, there's tense politics, and of course there's only one emperor. And, furthermore, only complete sadists are proper Sith, and anyone who isn't willing to kill a slave because he's bored is weak. I don't want to go into a full rant right now, because I'm mostly enjoying myself," She takes a messy bite of her food, "But suffice to say that most Sith are completely blind to how to actually RULE anything. They can conquer just fine, in an overly direct and evil way, maybe, but they can't rule with any kind of stability. Too much backstabbing and slave revolts."

"So, what should a real Sith be like, then?" Currant inquires, thoughtfully.
"And have Sith always been like that?" Dixie adds.

Lost_Deep
2016-04-02, 10:07 AM
"Near as I can tell they've always been like that. There was apparently a cool one about 200 years back, but hey, that's one. As for 'Real' Sith? That term has been super-loaded, and it seems like people forget that the 'real' Sith were aliens that went extinct a thousand years ago or something," Nimaah says with a frown, "And all the current Sith are are nuts with borrowed ideas from an extinct species and not the just inheritors of the galaxy."

Shadowcaller
2016-04-02, 12:32 PM
Sakura gives Adir a little poke with her elbow. "That's not a good thing, Adir. You're supposed to get us places!" Oh right, she's talking to Cessie. "Just pick us up however. It's fine!" She tries to be reassuring.

"Just get outside and wait for me then." She did not want to get inside trog's, so much weirdness going on in that place.

If they go outside they will soon see a steam elemental descend down at trog's only to dispatch in a cloud of steam, revealing Cessie. What are they doing as she arrives?

Recaiden
2016-04-02, 12:47 PM
"So you will be on the run soon. What, did you head off to Brittania or something?"
Cleo leans her not-at-all-draconic self to a more comfortable lounging on the bar position. Her eyes (only two of them!) follow the bow on Reina's tail as it moves.

"But with your fur, you might have wanted a cooler tone. A nice lavender, maybe."

Gullara
2016-04-02, 03:28 PM
"Just get outside and wait for me then." She did not want to get inside trog's, so much weirdness going on in that place.

If they go outside they will soon see a steam elemental descend down at trog's only to dispatch in a cloud of steam, revealing Cessie. What are they doing as she arrives?

[Just Outside]

Oh yes, Trog's is far from a respectable place. She wouldn't want to go inside there! Look, even outside some couple is making ou- Oh, that's Sakura and Adir.

The dryad has Adir backed against the wall. She's has one hand balled up in the front of his shirt and the other on the back of his head to pull him down to her level. She kisses him without the least amount of shame, as if they were all alone. She presses in close while she shoves her tongue down his throat.

It's safe to say she hasn't seen Cessie yet.

Slii Arhem
2016-04-02, 09:38 PM
"Interesting." Is all Renault says in reply to that.

"I think I will do one more reading." The elf decides, picking up the bag of seer stones again. "What will come if I seek the Crystal Cavern?" He asks, shaking it between his hands and then, for a third time, tipping it out onto the table.

Sorrow, Loss, Danger, Power, End.

A neophyte, newly in training to replace one of the fallen. He does not understand the order, nor their methods or reasons. He does not understand why they keep sacred the name, why they must steel their resolve. He is not ready to know the crime, but he has learned the name and seen the path, and will know the error of his youthful folly soon.

For as he lays awake on downy bed, the name he must clear from his mind in times of weakness lest his lips form its syllables and his breath shake loose its sounds, comes to the forefront of his mind. He regrets, he sympathizes, he worries.

The crime. He worries about the crime and not knowing it, as if such a thing could be committed without knowing and he could be next. Such an unspeakable evil that only the most prepared minds must face it.

And without knowing why, he speaks the name. Renault can just barely hear it within the vision, the name Orhndal. His name. A name he was forced to remember, but never speak again. And then a glow, a void, and finality. Nothing. The neophyte and his room are gone, and the vision is nearly done. The twinkling of torchlight shimmers to life, reflecting off the many crystals, and Renault can feel the being inside the prison more than see it. Orhndal. He Who Seeks will find him, and in so doing find themself.

Artemis97
2016-04-02, 09:53 PM
Renault blinks, coming out of the trance. He looks shaken and reaches out for his teacup, now cold, and takes a sip. The elf pulls a face, but needed the drink to bring him back to reality, and to wet his dry throat.

"I... I know the name." Renault stammers out. "What am I to do with this information? It's dangerous to have. However, in Seeking him I shall find myself. That is incredibly tempting, to know who I am, truly." Nervously, the elf fingers a golden torque locked around his neck.

Deathkeeper
2016-04-02, 09:57 PM
Tep leans back, staring up at the ceiling.
"Names have power. I'm sure you could use it to find the place you seek. If that is what you wish, I do not think it would be very hard to find now that you know the name and the direction. Do you know how to scry? Or would you need my assistance?"

Artemis97
2016-04-02, 10:03 PM
"I am a trained diviner." Renault says, pride coming into his voice. "I have a mirror. Some other tools. What do you have in mind?"

Deathkeeper
2016-04-02, 10:05 PM
Tep points down to what he's sitting on.
"I would have used my Record. It's very good for finding things out. It was made for and by Knowledge, after all." he explains.

Artemis97
2016-04-02, 10:10 PM
Renault perks up a bit. "I would be very interested to see how that works, actually. Would you mind using it?"

Deathkeeper
2016-04-02, 10:13 PM
Tep nods and stands up, kicking open the book and flipping through it at blinding speed, stopping at a seemingly blank page. Runes spill from the ancient pages, and he flicks a finger at each in turn, with no rhyme or reason to the outside eye which is touched, its color changing or getting more vibrant, and which merely float. Then, at last, a simple line appears, and a feather pen.
"Give it the Name, and we'll see how hidden it is."

Artemis97
2016-04-02, 10:19 PM
"Amazing!" Renault marvels at the runes the book emits and delicately reaches for the pen. Before touching it to the paper he asks "Will others have access to this? Those men tried so hard to keep this secret. I don't know if I should speak the name aloud, nevermind write it."