PDA

View Full Version : lycanthrope question

yellowrocket
2016-02-21, 01:05 PM
I know it's a random thought, but what happens when a lycanthrope bites an animal. Does that animal gain the ability to shift to a huminoid form? If so would it's intelligence score change when in its alternate form?

galan
2016-02-21, 01:08 PM
RAW? Nothing happens, because you have to be a humanoid or a giant to qualify for the template.

Shouldn't be too hard to homebrew a template for animals, with hybrids similar to current hybrids and "human form"with bonus to INT and maybe WIS and CHA too..

Necroticplague
2016-02-21, 01:13 PM
I know it's a random thought, but what happens when a lycanthrope bites an animal. Does that animal gain the ability to shift to a huminoid form? If so would it's intelligence score change when in its alternate form?

They take damage, as usual with any bite.
Nope.
N/A.
It might help to read up on the rules before asking questions.

“Lycanthrope” is a template that can be added to any humanoid or giant (referred to hereafter as the base creature). The lycanthrope template can be inherited (for natural lycanthropes) or acquired (for afflicted lycanthropes). Becoming a lycanthrope is very much like multiclassing as an animal and gaining the appropriate Hit Dice.
So not animals. To double up on this, let's look at the ability to spread lycanthropy by bite:

Curse of Lycanthropy (Su): Any humanoid or giant hit by a natural lycanthrope’s bite attack in animal or hybrid form must succeed on a DC 15 Fortitude save or contract lycanthropy. If the victim’s size is not within one size category of the lycanthrope the victim cannot contract lycanthropy from that lycanthrope. Afflicted lycanthropes cannot pass on the curse of lycanthropy.

yellowrocket
2016-02-21, 01:32 PM
I missed the template entry when I looked the first time. Fatigue gets the best of us sometimes. :)