PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Feats for a Cleric // Duskblade

Dread_Head
2016-02-21, 01:05 PM
Hi all, I'm looking to play a Dwarven Cloistered Cleric 5 // Duskblade 5 in a gestalt Red Hand of Doom game. The plan is to go Ordained Champion on the Cleric side and either stick with Duskblade or go Abjurant Champion on the other side. The concept is a heavily armored warrior backed up by some magical talent and divine might. The race and classes are fixed but I'm struggling to choose feats. Ability distribution is Str: 18, Dex: 12, Con: 18, Int: 14, Wis 16, Cha 8.

So far I've got Power Attack, Battle Caster, Weapon Focus (War Domain), Protection Devotion (Protection Domain) and Knowledge Devotion (Cloistered Cleric) and have two feats to spend. I've considered Obtain Familiar and Improved Familiar for an interesting pet or Mounted Combat and Wild Cohort for a mounted build but I'm not sure on either. What other feats would the playground suggest?

PS. I've considered and dismissed Divine Metamagic, don't have the Cha for it and don't want to switch round the stats as I don't picture the character as particularly charismatic.

Xerlith
2016-02-21, 01:17 PM
Why are you not an Ordained Champion already (preferably on the Duskblade side, as OC loses casting @1st level)?

Bull Rush and Shock Trooper, go to town and destroy things. With that Con you can afford lowering your AC a bit. Shame you don't have:
1. Pounce
2. Dungeoncrasher.