PDA

View Full Version : Multiclassing XP penalties.

...Eh?
2007-06-17, 06:41 PM
I can't find the rules on the XP penalties for multiclassing in the SRD (Knowing the SRD, they're probably under the stats for a dire ape or something) so I had a few questions on it. How much is the penalty, does it count for PrCls, and someone told me if you've got favored class: any, and all your classes are within two levels of eachother, you can have three classes without a penalty, is that right?

Fizban
2007-06-17, 06:46 PM
You cannot find them because the secrets of leveling up are not OGC. Therefore, they are also unutterable on this forum.

WoTC has to have some reason for people to buy the books.

greenknight
2007-06-17, 06:47 PM
It's a 20% penalty per class, provided those classes are more than 1 level below your highest class level. There are two exclusions:

* Favored class (the character's highest class level in the case of a Half-Elf or Human) is not counted.

* PrCs aren't counted.

...Eh?
2007-06-17, 06:56 PM
So, I could doa Human ClassA 3/ClassB 2/ClassC 1/PrCl 1 without penalty, correct?

Penguinsushi
2007-06-17, 07:25 PM
.....or you could just house-rule them out. :smallwink:

As a gm, I've never like xp costs for anything, but especially not multiclassing. I think multiclassing in and of itself is enough of a sacrifice without penalizing the xp the character gains.

~PS