PDA

View Full Version : Slayer Fighter feats

Arcacius
2016-02-21, 08:08 PM
I like the Slayer class in Pathfinder but for my character I do not want him having sneak attack. Partly to make him more unique and partly to show him as being more of a straight warrior.

In Unearthed Arcana there is an alternate Rouge class feature that switched up sneak attack for Fighter feats.

Would it be unreasonable for a slayer to gain fighter feats at one level below sneak attack, (2nd, 5th, 8th...) as is the switch from feats to sneak attack or purely a replacement?

Extra Anchovies
2016-02-21, 08:40 PM
Personally, I think sneak attack fits great on a skilled warrior - give him a chance to strike an off-guard foe and he'll know just where to put his blade. Mechanically, sneak attack for feats would be a fair trade, but you can already get plenty of feats from slayer talents so you might not benefit from it terribly much.

Starbuck_II
2016-02-22, 12:05 AM
I like the Slayer class in Pathfinder but for my character I do not want him having sneak attack. Partly to make him more unique and partly to show him as being more of a straight warrior.

In Unearthed Arcana there is an alternate Rouge class feature that switched up sneak attack for Fighter feats.

Would it be unreasonable for a slayer to gain fighter feats at one level below sneak attack, (2nd, 5th, 8th...) as is the switch from feats to sneak attack or purely a replacement?

I think it seems fine. Though, it might step on toes of Fighter since its only role is "All the FEATS".

Have you considered Alchemist bomb?
The Alchemist Vivisectionist trades sneak attack for bombs. So vice versa seems fair.

Sanctified Slayer Inquisitor trades judgement for sneak, do you want a Judgement? Seems to be a fair trade.

Seppo87
2016-02-22, 05:39 AM
Allowing Fighter Bonus Feats in place of sneak attack is fine as long as you remove the following talents from the Slayer list:

-Ranger Combat Style
-Weapon Training
-Finesse Rogue
-Combat Trick

Otherwise, you're just stepping on fighter's toes

Psyren
2016-02-22, 12:15 PM
I think it seems fine. Though, it might step on toes of Fighter since its only role is "All the FEATS".

Fighter has some neat and unique toys all its own as of Weapon Master's Handbook, and is going to get even more this year when Armor Master's Handbook drops.

Allowing Fighter Bonus Feats in place of sneak attack is fine as long as you remove the following talents from the Slayer list:

-Ranger Combat Style
-Weapon Training
-Finesse Rogue
-Combat Trick

Otherwise, you're just stepping on fighter's toes

I'd say Combat Trick is fine since they can only take it once. So the Fighter would still be the one with the most bonus combat feats overall. (11 vs. 7)