PDA

View Full Version : Need Abilities to Demonstrate Ridiculous Str/Dex

frogglesmash
2016-02-21, 10:09 PM
I'm looking for any feats/monster abilities/class features/etc. that would allow a character/monster with a very high Str/Dex score to "show off" their incredibly high ability score.

For Str I'm thinking stuff like the "Fling Ally/Enemy" feats, "Monkey Grip", or even something like the Zodar's (Fiend Folio) "Burst of Strength" ability (It doubles your Str for one round).

For Dex I'm thinking stuff like the "Dodge/Snatch Arrows" feats, the Dervish's "Dervish Dance," the Chronotyryn's "Dual Actions" (Fiend Folio again, it does what it says in the name), or the Dalmosh's (MMV) "Feeding Frenzy" (Move up to your speed while simultaneously attacking everything withing reach) i.e. abilities that allow you to not only demonstrate great manual dexterity, but great speed as well.

Any help you guys could give me would be greatly appreciated whether it be official, third party, or homebrewed.

OldTrees1
2016-02-21, 11:18 PM
When I think of notable Str/Dex I think of Knockback and Combat Reflexes.

Str:
Your melee attacks hit 3 squares of targets (ala Warhulk), you may Knockback objects/creatures hit (Knockback feat extended to objects too). Objects knocked back will bounce once off hard surfaces.

Dex:
You may take up to 3 immediate actions per round without expending your next swift action. You can also take an move action as an immediate action.

ben-zayb
2016-02-21, 11:25 PM
Well, Races od Destiny's Illumian gave us the muscle wizard and the dexterous wizard. That is, using STR/DEX to determine bonus spells/day or slots.

SangoProduction
2016-02-21, 11:46 PM
http://ihititwithmyaxe.tumblr.com/post/46007651740/breaking-dd-35-the-muscle-wizard-or-how-to

frogglesmash
2016-02-22, 01:27 AM
When I think of notable Str/Dex I think of Knockback and Combat Reflexes.

Str:
Your melee attacks hit 3 squares of targets (ala Warhulk), you may Knockback objects/creatures hit (Knockback feat extended to objects too). Objects knocked back will bounce once off hard surfaces.

Dex:
You may take up to 3 immediate actions per round without expending your next swift action. You can also take an move action as an immediate action.

I like these, they're quite good.

Well, Races od Destiny's Illumian gave us the muscle wizard and the dexterous wizard. That is, using STR/DEX to determine bonus spells/day or slots.

http://ihititwithmyaxe.tumblr.com/post/46007651740/breaking-dd-35-the-muscle-wizard-or-how-to
This is more along the lines of using high str/dex for non str/dex purposes, I want stuff that's about brute force/extreme finesse, not magic from muscles, but thanks anyway.

Mr Adventurer
2016-02-22, 01:30 AM
War Mind has some stuff for Str.

ben-zayb
2016-02-22, 01:33 AM
Dungeoncrasher ACF from Dungeonscape for STR and Hit-and-Run fighter from DotU for DEX.

Also, a lot of maneuvers use STR, and some from Setting Sun use DEX. Tornado Throw with a big modifier due to STR would be pretty badass.

EDIT: Oh, and of course a Jack B. Quick build or other AoO builds will be great with ginormous DEX modifier.

Troacctid
2016-02-22, 01:41 AM
The Awesome Blow feat is a good way to show off high Strength.

Kelb_Panthera
2016-02-22, 01:54 AM
Thunderclap from SS comes to mind for strength. Requires str 30 though.