PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy II

danzibr
2016-02-22, 08:51 AM
Sometimes it gets called the worst game in the series, but it happens to be one of my favorites. I only played it once all the way through though, and a couple years ago at that, just started my second run (and I'm liking the game even more, now that I'm familiar with the plot). I'm doing the iOS version, btw.

For those of you who have played it, I have 2 questions:

1) I'm finding conflicting information on how to level agility. Some say it goes up like weapon/magic level, some say you need to dodge lots of hits, some say you have a slight chance based on your agility for it to go up after every battle. Any ideas on which is true?
2) How do you build your party? I'm currently thinking of having everyone able to do everything, but man that'll require a lot of grinding. In particular, I'm curious about spell choices.

Gnoman
2016-02-23, 10:02 AM
Sometimes it gets called the worst game in the series, but it happens to be one of my favorites. I only played it once all the way through though, and a couple years ago at that, just started my second run (and I'm liking the game even more, now that I'm familiar with the plot). I'm doing the iOS version, btw.

For those of you who have played it, I have 2 questions:

1) I'm finding conflicting information on how to level agility. Some say it goes up like weapon/magic level, some say you need to dodge lots of hits, some say you have a slight chance based on your agility for it to go up after every battle. Any ideas on which is true?
2) How do you build your party? I'm currently thinking of having everyone able to do everything, but man that'll require a lot of grinding. In particular, I'm curious about spell choices.

Unless something changed at some point, you level agility by having agility. The best way to boost it is to dual wield shields.

GloatingSwine
2016-02-23, 10:35 AM
Dual weild shields, go into battle with one of the chicken things across the river from the starting town (they won't run away), choose attack forever then kill the chicken with a spell.

Continue until shield level is 16.

Congratulations, you have now broken Final Fantasy 2 as almost no enemies can ever hit you again as long as you have a shield equipped.

danzibr
2016-02-23, 01:42 PM
Unless something changed at some point, you level agility by having agility. The best way to boost it is to dual wield shields.
Thanks!

Dual weild shields, go into battle with one of the chicken things across the river from the starting town (they won't run away), choose attack forever then kill the chicken with a spell.

Continue until shield level is 16.

Congratulations, you have now broken Final Fantasy 2 as almost no enemies can ever hit you again as long as you have a shield equipped.
My chief concern is actually the ability to run away. I don't plan on doing a lot of powerleveling. One time I got into the wrong zone and died over and over and over because my agility was so low I couldn't escape battles.