PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A Mirage Arcane questions

loremaps
2016-02-22, 09:18 AM
Hi all,
Do you think the following are possible with Mirage Arcane spell?

1) A creature falls inside the "crevasse" created by Mirage arcane. Will it take falling dmg?
2) Mirage arcane allows the caster to alter the appearance of structures. Does this includes the interior of a building?
3) Mirage arcane allows the caster to add structures where none are present. Can the party afterwards get inside one of these structures?
4) A wizard cast mirage arcane and then uses telekinesis to pick up one of the rocks added in the landscape and throw it at an enemy. Does the enemy take dmg?

Thanks!

Flashy
2016-02-22, 09:24 AM
I'd go with...

1. Not strictly clear, but that does seem to be the implication.
2. Yes.
3. Yes.
4. Yes, within the confines of the illusion's range.

Segev
2016-02-22, 04:14 PM
I'm fairly sure that none of the illusions are solid. They can't do damage nor support weight. They can provide falls texture, so if you touch a "glass window" that is really a vine-covered boulder, it will feel smooth, but if it's just an illusion in the middle of nowhere, you'll feel it right up until you push through it. And if you try to climb stairs to a second floor of a building that isn't there, you'll get nowhere. It also won't shelter you from the rain.

(I wish it were otherwise, so if somebody has evidence to the contrary, I'm eager to be proven wrong, here. But it looks to me like it's all, well, illusory.)

Altdorian
2017-07-16, 02:10 AM
Jeremy crawford has said that "you can climb a tree that has been made with mirage arcane"