PDA

View Full Version : The Adventures of the Sky Pirates (Anima Campaign Journal)

Khaiel
2016-02-22, 11:04 AM
Recently I started playing (feels good to not be the GM every once in a while) an Anima campaign that started as "One Piece in Gaia" but is slowly turning into a somewhat darker campaign. It's been real fun and I wanted to share it.

For general silly conversations, you can check the no context quotes thread, as I'll be posting there some of the funniest bits.

We were offered some special artifacts (paying for them with CPs, but a lower price than they would usually be) that would represent Devil Fruits. As I was the only one that wasn't a fan of One Piece and I wanted to try something different, I got a +1 Level Adjustment worth of extra DPs on monster powers.

We started at level 6.

The party members are:

"I'm going to be the next King of the Pirates!"

Our beloved captain. An Acrobatic Warrior dual wielding katanas. He wants to be the next King of the Pirates... And he is a sleepy, sickly young man. But he is a master of ki and he is able to command the loyalty of his crew. His fruit is the Ope Ope no Mi.

Captain Longsword has been known for being quite ruthless if necessary, and he has a somewhat chaotic demeanor: he might kill a defenceless man just to avoid taking risks, and later jump to the middle of battle without even knowing who is the enemy.

"He is either going to become King of the Pirates or die trying. This kiddo will get far, and I won't let you or anyone else stand in his way."

Our resident slowpoke and battering ramm. A Warrior with the power of the Magu Magu no Mi, this magma man can take more punishment than any other member of the crew, and maybe more than the ship itself. He is Captain Longsword's most trusted man, and also our supernatural radar, as he is able to see spirits, magic and psychic powers.

He believes on his captain and wants to see him become King of the Pirates. He also wants to know how Dr Doctor Zoidberg tastes, and he has allied with Cain in that regard.

"DON'T YOU DARE RESTRAINT YOURSELF! Make it worth my while!"

This master of Ki, wielder of the powers of the Inu Inu no Mi, can transform into a werewolf-like form, and he is probably the dealiest of Longsword's Pirates. Pilot of the airship, he decides the route to follow and ensures the zeppelin stays on the air.

He wants to be Gaia's strongest man, and trains towards this objective. Alongside Dunkel, he wants to discover how Doc tastes like.

"A wonderful creature. It's almost a shame that I have to dissect you."

A character I made jokingly at first. Evil and crazy to the core, he was born from an experiment made by cultists of the Ancient Gods of the Abyss and the Balzaks (Gaia's Deep Ones). Extremely intelligent and manipulative, he joined the crew so that he could have money and subjects for his investigations.

He is extravagant, he is a Doctor whose first name is also Doctor, and he is probably the BBEG of the campaign. The character sheet is an experiment, as he has no combat skills (which is extremely rare in Anima) and instead he is a pure skill monkey, with high scores on Persuade (and Seduction), Science, Medicine and Disguise. The only ones who know about his non-human nature are the other members of the crew.

With a starting crew of four members and no ship to call our own, things seem bad for us. The crew decides to meet on Chaville, the capital of the Principalty of Gabriel, as the Principalty has bought a zeppelin (Gaia's first airship) and for its first trip there's a lottery with tickets as the prize.

While Cain and Doc manage to hide inside one of the boxes full of food that are being loaded into the airship, the Captain uses his powers to cheat on the lottery and get tickets for him and Dunkel. Once inside the airship, the Captain and Dunkel witness a failed muttiny (the guard were going to throw a false muttiny as a joke, but they decided against it... Except for two guards that didn't get the memo and though the muttiny was for real) and hijack the ship.
Captain Longsword: That was funny... But this is not a joke. *Draws his katanas* Everyone get your gold and jewels to my friend here. We are taking the airship.

Meanwhile, Doc discovers a strange metal box in the cargo bay, and while Cain is away taking control of bridge, Doc expends his time trying to discern what exactly that box is. While Doc does this, a man steps up to stop Captain Longsword and Dunkel. Dressed in green and black tights and wearing a helmet, the man introduces himself as Hiro, Red Wissen Ranger. It seems like Dunkel and the Captain can take care of him, but Hiro touches some mechanism in his costume... And the metal box, alongside Doctor Zoidberg, goes flying towards the dining room, transforming into a humanoid looking robot.

Hiro: FOR THE POWER OF JUSTICE AND LOVE! GO GO GEAR THEUR... Is that a lobster man? Get out of my Gear!
Dr Doctor Zoidberg: No! This is mine now!

Hiro manages to get into his Gear Theurgia (as the robot suit seems to be called) and Doc is left sitting on the robots knees. With the power of said suit, thing seem grim... But Doc manages to get him to stay out of the suit. I was out of ideas, but I decided to talk him into getting out of the suit because he was going to wreck the zeppelin and kill everyone on it. Hiro is convinced and steps out of the suit... Only to be torn to pieces by the team. He is not killed, but Cain (who had stabilized the ship and then got there when he saw the suit) cut his foot and left him unconscious.

With no more heroes left, the crew takes everything of value, leaves the passengers (and Hiro) in the middle of nowhere and then flies away towards the Eye of the Hurricane, the greatest pirate haven of the Inner Sea, with the intention of recruiting a competent crew. Dr Doctor Zoidberg gets to keep Gear Theurgia, and starts working on modifications on it (and I make plans to take as many points on Operate Gear as I can when I get to level 7).

We are left with about 10000 in gold and some jewels that might be worth about 6000.

The first session was a short one, as most of it was spent introducing the characters.