PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Multi Class Skills

Ghostchurch
2016-02-22, 11:49 AM
Good Morning,

First I apologize if there is an open thread for this topic.

I will be starting a new campaign in the coming weeks and my DM is allowing me to use a 3.5 Variant 2 Half Dragon with a High Elf Base.

I will be multi classing as a Sorcerer and Fighter.

My question pertains to the Skill points and how they are assigned at levels.

Specifically My Race has a +1 level adjustment so I do not get a class until Character level 2. At Character level 1 do I gain the 4 x INT Modifier to my skill points or do I gain that at Level 1 of my Class? and if I gain it at Level 1 of my Class do I get this bonus for each class in my Multi Class portfolio or for the first class I choose?

Races are found at D&D Wiki (dandwiki)

ComaVision
2016-02-22, 12:04 PM
Your first class level or racial hit dice gets x4 skill points.

Starkeeper
2016-02-22, 12:23 PM
Instead of LA +1 that piece of nonsense should be LA +10 or higher, the homebrew stuff on that site is really ridiculous... :smallsigh:

As stated above, your skill points are based on your race since you don't have a class, which is 4*(2+Int) for a Humanoid.

ComaVision
2016-02-22, 12:35 PM
Instead of LA +1 that piece of nonsense should be LA +10 or higher, the homebrew stuff on that site is really ridiculous... :smallsigh:

Yeah, danddwiki is an absolute garbage site but I guess if the DM approved it then that's their problem.

I had a player come to my table with a bunch of danddwiki spells one time. Stuff like a Level 0 version of Teleport. Nooooope.

KillianHawkeye
2016-02-22, 12:50 PM
As stated above, your skill points are based on your race since you don't have a class, which is 4*(2+Int) for a Humanoid.

This is incorrect. Ignoring the fact that the template changes their type to Dragon (not Humanoid), the character should begin play with their first class level and get their 4x skill points based on that class. It happens to be the same number of points for both Fighter and Sorcerer, but the character will benefit from whichever class' list of class skills.

Ghostchurch, the rules of using Level Adjustment state that this character is not playable at level 1.

Starkeeper
2016-02-22, 01:09 PM
This is incorrect. Ignoring the fact that the template changes their type to Dragon (not Humanoid), the character should begin play with their first class level and get their 4x skill points based on that class. It happens to be the same number of points for both Fighter and Sorcerer, but the character will benefit from whichever class' list of class skills.

Ghostchurch, the rules of using Level Adjustment state that this character is not playable at level 1.

Shoot, my bad on that, I don't know why I assumed 1 RHD so you're absolutely right.

That template does have a clause stating that "Feats and skills same as base creature." though, so if it actually had RHDs it would use the Humanoid and not Dragon points.

Ghostchurch
2016-02-23, 05:36 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I noticed some bashing on Dandwiki, are there any recommended online resources I could utilize?

ComaVision
2016-02-23, 05:41 PM
D20SRD (http://www.d20srd.org) is good for all the basic/core stuff. Unfortunately, it's against the forum rules to link you to any of the sites with more (copyrighted content).

Troacctid
2016-02-23, 05:54 PM
Guide to free D&D (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=513.0) has links to most if not all of the 3.5 content that is available for free on the web. There's a surprising amount of it.