PDA

View Full Version : Where in the world is...

Aleolus
2016-02-22, 05:35 PM
Carmen Sandiego. I find myself wanting to have a build ready for her as either an antagonist in one of my campaigns, or as a character for myself to play. I'm wondering what my fellow Playgrounders have for ideas for this. Personally, I'm leaning towards a CN straight Rogue, but I'm willing to listen to and consider other ideas

dascarletm
2016-02-22, 05:50 PM
You'll need Vecna Blooded, to start.

Troacctid
2016-02-22, 05:54 PM
I'd be more inclined towards Spellthief, because it seems appropriate to have her steal people's magic, too. Reduced sneak attack damage obviously isn't a concern.

Deadline
2016-02-22, 06:29 PM
Here's a build from the Iron Chef Shadowdancer round: Khariman Sandiga (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=12203753&postcount=311)

The gist is that she'd steal buildings, much like when her namesake makes off with fantastic things like the Colosseum. :smallbiggrin:

Aleolus
2016-02-22, 10:52 PM
You'll need Vecna Blooded, to start.

Aren't there magic items that can basically do the same thing without requiring you be evil? Like a Ring of Mind Shielding?

As for the shadowdancer build, that page isn't loading for me, so I can't see it

dascarletm
2016-02-23, 04:11 PM
Aren't there magic items that can basically do the same thing without requiring you be evil? Like a Ring of Mind Shielding?

As for the shadowdancer build, that page isn't loading for me, so I can't see it

Yeah, but as the leader of V.I.L.E. she should probably be evil anyway!

Deadline
2016-02-23, 04:34 PM

Odd, the link seems to work for me. It's post #311 in this thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?220956-Iron-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-In-The-Playground-XXVI&p=12203753&viewfull=1#post12203753

Aleolus
2016-02-23, 04:47 PM
Yeah, but as the leader of V.I.L.E. she should probably be evil anyway!

But, iirc, she was originally one of the best agents in the ACME detective agency, and every heist she commits she leaves a clear (if cryptic) trail for, implying that she wants whoever gets put on the case to be able to solve it. But, its also established that she is capable of vanishing without leaving a single clue where she went. This tells me she went rogue specifically for the purpose of making the other ACME agents better, thus making the whole agency better. This strikes me as CN, borderline CG

EDIT: :blink: A centaur? I don't know how I feel about that part...

Troacctid
2016-02-23, 05:19 PM
Odd, the link seems to work for me. It's post #311 in this thread:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?220956-Iron-Chef-Optimization-Challenge-In-The-Playground-XXVI&p=12203753&viewfull=1#post12203753

Individual posts don't display on the mobile version of the site, so if you're looking at it on your phone or other mobile device, requesting the desktop version of the page should solve the issue.

Aleolus
2016-02-23, 06:16 PM
That explains it, thanks