PDA

View Full Version : Having an identity crisis with my Gish.

bjoern
2016-02-22, 08:43 PM
Well not so much a crisis, but trying to decide on which way I want to go.
I'm a Pal2/Sorc4/Spellsword1/AbjChamp5
Silverbrow Human.
Up to this point I've played the role of "Hey look at me! Attack this guy!"
Which has been working pretty well as our party has 2 other full casters (I lost 2 levels on paladin so I make a 3rd caster albeit at 5/6th of a full caster)
So far my schtick had been to buff us with a haste, buff my AC through the roof and use my continuous item of enlarge person and reach weapon to combat reflexes & Stand Still as many foes as I can. Just be a big pain In the ass while our casters make things even worse for the baddies.
I've been using a +1 sizing, sudden stunning Lucerne hammer of collision.
I have also been allowed to have my hammer count as a custom runestaff that I've put quite a few 1/day good stuff spells on.

Now that im fully in the realm of polymorph, I've been considering getting rid of the enlarge person item in favor of that. Poly into a treant, roper, or something.
That being said, I could also ditch the +3 weapon to free up some more funds.

I guess the biggest question I'm asking is: if I dropped the collision off the weapon and sold the enlarge person item, it would free up 24k gold. Giving me 33k total gold to spend.

I need some cool things that I can do for that price besides dealing an extra 5 damage per hit.

Arael666
2016-02-23, 08:53 AM
A 3 level dip in swiftblade will get you free quicken haste, 30% miss chance that doesn't stack with blur, +1 untyped bonus to hit, ac and reflexes, good bab, good will and reflex saves and spring attack for free. The downsides are 1 caster level loss, the d6 HD and the feat tax.

RoyVG
2016-02-23, 10:07 AM
One level Crusader and then into Jade Phoenix Mage is pretty strong, (Both classes are from Tome of Battle). You will lose more caster levels though this is allleviated a little bit, but you can get the Thicket of Blades Stance immediately giving you even more possibilites for AoO as every movement (including a 5ft step!) provokes an AoO from you. This stance keeps working even when you polymorph so go big. You can also get some free in-combat healing with some of the other strikes. The prereqs are not difficult to get. Have a look if you can use the book.