PDA

View Full Version : Help me figure out this character

DrkMagusX
2016-02-22, 10:08 PM
I am thinking of playing a Half Orc. I m not sure what class yet but I have a idea of is personality and profession.
Its 3.5 and in forgotten realms.

He is a Tavern bouncer. Always cheerful and enjoys a fair fight to test his limits. He enjoys drinking and telling stories of his past combatants.
He is smarter than your average half orc, but guessing he doesn't show he is smart.

I see him using his fist mainly as combat and whatever is lying around he can grab. I want him to be able to punch fast enough to catch his foe flat footed. I m having trouble figuring out his class.

Ideas:
Ex-Monk mix with fighter. What I m running into with straight fighter is the lack of damage for his unarmed strikes. I haven't seen anything he can slip on his fist that would count as a simple or martial weapon that would help.

Any advice or questions would be nice. Thank you in advance.

Tiri
2016-02-22, 10:13 PM
Well, if all you're after is unarmed damage, you could forgo the levels of Monk and just take Improved and Superior Unarmed Strike. You could also wear a gauntlet.

gorfnab
2016-02-22, 10:21 PM
A smart tavern brawler with tricks could just be a Warblade with Improved and Superior Unarmed Strike. Warbalde is Int based and can dish unarmed attacks using Tiger Claw and Stone Dragon maneuvers. Swordsage would be another option, especially with Setting Sun counters. Otherwise a mix consisting of mostly Warblade with some Swordsage mixed might actually work better to fit your concept.