PDA

View Full Version : Trouble between redcloak and xykon?

outlander
2007-06-17, 09:58 PM
I wonder if there'll be trouble between rc and x now that rc has developed a conscience towards goblinoids and is unlikely to be willing to let x sacrifice them for convenience or his own amusement anymore.

I also wonder if this could lead to that classic plot device, the bad guys win, then have a falling out between themselves that gives the good guys a chance.

Seriously, between reddys newfound empathy towards goglinoids and x's hostile indifference there's likely trouble brewing.

holywhippet
2007-06-17, 10:32 PM
It would help if we knew why Redcloak joined up with Xykon in the first place. He's clearly not just some ordinary goblin - apparently he's the high priest for their patron god.

TheNovak
2007-06-17, 10:46 PM
Redcloak still put up with Xykon when he was torturing and killing regular goblin minions, so I don't think there'll be any huge problems when he starts ganking hobbos again. Redcloak can still work to keep his men safe whenever possible, like he did with the old green ones. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0037.html)

Tirian
2007-06-18, 07:55 AM
I think that #451 heralded a change in how Rich is going to be portraying Redcloak; as someone who is for goblinkind and not just against this, that, and the other. (Which is good; if anything, making henchmen interesting is even more of a win than making villains interesting.)

I've predicted elsewhere that conflict in the upper eschelons of Team Evil is going to be a major part of the next arc, both in Redcloak's deepening characterization and in the introduction of Tsukiko as a powerful and driven character with a mutual hatred of Redcloak.