PDA

View Full Version : Do you have faith in pugmire rgp?

Rakasta
2016-02-23, 03:25 AM
I watched the pugmire rgp on kickstarter and here it is if you have not watched it I recommend you watch it. How do you think it will turn out?
I would give it a 10/10 if you can play as german sheperd and cats. I just love them I don't know why I love german sheperds and cats. I give pugmire a 4/10 in originality and a overall 5/10.How do you rate it? Set a score in for example art and rate it like this number/10.

Milo v3
2016-02-23, 04:52 AM
I don't really get it personally. Why not just use any other system and just say they're dogs?

Rakasta
2016-02-23, 04:56 AM
I don't really get it personally. Why not just use any other system and just say they're dogs?
Yeah its basically d&d with dogs.

AMFV
2016-02-23, 08:51 AM

The setting mostly, which seems to be well thought out and rich. You're not paying for mechanics, you're paying for a rich and developed setting.

I don't know if this will bear out, but what they've released so far is pretty positive.

obryn
2016-02-23, 10:21 AM
Until I saw it was using the d20 chassis, I was all about backing it. But I am just really not in for another d20 RPG right now.

Sith_Happens
2016-02-23, 02:35 PM
Until I saw it was using the d20 chassis, I was all about backing it. But I am just really not in for another d20 RPG right now.

From what I've heard Pugmire is a d20 game the same way that M&M 3e is: only in the barest technical sense.

obryn
2016-02-24, 12:49 AM
From what I've heard Pugmire is a d20 game the same way that M&M 3e is: only in the barest technical sense.
I pledged to check on this and download the rules, and this is false. It's basically a 5e/3.5e D&D clone (more the former than the latter) with everything renamed and a few variant mechanics. Not my cuppa, so I canceled.

I can't imagine anyone honestly claiming it's as far removed as M&M.

Airk
2016-02-26, 11:34 AM
Yeah; If they were releasing this as, basically, a D&D or systemless supplement, I'd be on board. But I'm totally disinterested in picking up another generic D20 system, because I really get the sense that this isn't going to end up feeling that different from any other generic D20 fantasy game.

Honestly, I was disappointed, 'cause I love dogs, and the idea is appealing, but the implementation just seems so bland.

Pluto!
2016-03-05, 12:25 PM
I am having a real hard time getting onboard with its premise. And god knows we need another medieval-stylized fantasy rpg.

fallensaviour
2016-03-07, 02:12 PM
I watched the pugmire rgp on kickstarter and here it is if you have not watched it I recommend you watch it. How do you think it will turn out?
I would give it a 10/10 if you can play as german sheperd and cats. I just love them I don't know why I love german sheperds and cats. I give pugmire a 4/10 in originality and a overall 5/10.How do you rate it? Set a score in for example art and rate it like this number/10.

my understanding was cats would be a later book

Rakasta
2016-03-09, 12:29 PM
my understanding was cats would be a later book
Really? Maybe the rpg should be called cats vs dogs the rpg? (I am so bad at jokes so excuse me) You know like the bad movies that has the same name,just in a medival setting and that they has antrophomorfic animals. That actually fits with my furrie fandom. Its like Zootropolis just with cats and dogs and giant ants. Does anybody know how it goes with pugmire? Does it have enough money?

fallensaviour
2016-03-13, 04:26 PM
Really? Maybe the rpg should be called cats vs dogs the rpg? (I am so bad at jokes so excuse me) You know like the bad movies that has the same name,just in a medival setting and that they has antrophomorfic animals. That actually fits with my furrie fandom. Its like Zootropolis just with cats and dogs and giant ants. Does anybody know how it goes with pugmire? Does it have enough money?

It was funded within a day as I recall