PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Would like feed back on this ranger archtype plz.

Sir cryosin
2016-02-23, 10:12 AM
Marksman

********* Gunsmith: at 3rd level you gain proficiency with a new type of artisan tools called* gunsmiths tools. When you are crafting, repairing or cleaning any firearm or anything that would applies a tinker tool check you add your proficiency bonus to the roll. You gain proficiency with all firearms

Hunter's Camouflages: At 3rd level you can take a action to camouflages your self with the* surrounding. When you are camouflages you are hidden from any enemy's. After you make a attack any enemy can make a investigation check against your Camouflages DC. Your DC is 8 + proficiency bonus + your wisdom modifier. After making a attack you remand hidden from any enemy that hasn't found you. While you are camouflaged you are either prone of crouch down. If you are prone you gain advantage on any weapon attacks Bows may not benefit from this be prone. Fit you are crouched down you may move while still camouflaged but your movement is halfed.

Trick shots: At 7th level you gain Trick points equal to your wisdom + your proficiency bonus. You also gain the ability to preform Trick Shots. You can only preform one one trick shot a turn. Performing a Trick Shot cost Trick points. You regain all Trick points after a short or long rest.

List of trick shots

Masterkey: You can spend 1 Trick point to load a special kind of* ammunition. You make a attack with the special ammo against any lock that is locked. Any lock you hit that was locked is not unlocked and is no longer usable.

Ricocheted shot: You can spend 3 Trick points to make a any ammunition you shot from a weapon attack bounce off anything in the area to hit your target. When making this shot you take a -5 to the* attack roll. This Trick Shot ignore ½ , ¾ and full cover.

Anti-air: You can spend 1 Trick Point to make a attack against any missiles or projectiles as a reaction. If the attack is successful the missile or projectile is deflected.

Quick Draw: If a hostile creature go before you in initiative you can spend 2 Trick point to make a weapon attack as a reaction to the creature taking a action.

Spray and Pray: when you take the attack action. You can make a range weapon attack at any hostile creature's with in your weapon range. Each attack cost 1 Trick point. The Trick points are used up whether or not the attack hits or miss. You must have a loaded weapon for every attack if you can draw any number of weapons if needed. You do not add any bonuses to or any modifiers to the rolls.

Weapon Expert: At 11th level You have refined your skills and no the limits of your weapons. You have developed techniques to push your weapons pass there capabilities in doing so. Your weapons range is double. You have also learn how to load your weapons faster as a result you ignore any reload property with weapons that you are proficient with.
Bleeding Out: At 15th level When you hit a creature with a range weapon attack. You roll your weapon dice twice and every consecutive turn after the initial attack the target 1d4 of bleed damage. The target take the 1d4 bleed damage at the start of there turn. A creature affected by the bleed damage may take a action to make a a wisdom* medicine check the DC for the check is 15 if they make the DC they stop the bleeding. They also can take a action to use a medkit to stop the bleeding.

Citan
2016-02-24, 07:25 PM
Marksman

********* Gunsmith: at 3rd level you gain proficiency with a new type of artisan tools called* gunsmiths tools. When you are crafting, repairing or cleaning any firearm or anything that would applies a tinker tool check you add your proficiency bonus to the roll. You gain proficiency with all firearms
Hi! Lots of nice ideas here, but most of them will need tweaks on balance or redaction. :)

Hunter's Camouflages: At 3rd level you can take a action to camouflages your self with the* surrounding. When you are camouflages you are hidden from any enemy's. After you make a attack any enemy can make a investigation check against your Camouflages DC. Your DC is 8 + proficiency bonus + your wisdom modifier. After making a attack you remand hidden from any enemy that hasn't found you. While you are camouflaged you are either prone of crouch down. If you are prone you gain advantage on any weapon attacks Bows may not benefit from this be prone. Fit you are crouched down you may move while still camouflaged but your movement is halfed.
I don't manage to view if this would be underpowered or overpowered, not experienced enough with Hidden mechanisms. I'll let other people on this one. :)

Trick shots: At 7th level you gain Trick points equal to your wisdom + your proficiency bonus. You also gain the ability to preform Trick Shots. You can only preform one one trick shot a turn. Performing a Trick Shot cost Trick points. You regain all Trick points after a short or long rest.
Very interesting way to make an automatic resource gain. The base amount may be a bit high though, or not... Maybe I feel this because you also learn all Tricks at once seemingly. While I love gaining many versatile abilities, it feels too front-loaded. Maybe keep the Spray and Pray for 11th level.

Masterkey: You can spend 1 Trick point to load a special kind of* ammunition. You make a attack with the special ammo against any lock that is locked. Any lock you hit that was locked is not unlocked and is no longer usable.
How do you provide the ammunition? Is it another archetype feature? Also, I guess you meant "any lock you hit that was locked is NOW unlocked". Interesting idea though but I'd say it would need an indication on DC required, or give lock an AC.
Too DM dependent to my taste as it is.

Ricocheted shot: You can spend 3 Trick points to make a any ammunition you shot from a weapon attack bounce off anything in the area to hit your target. When making this shot you take a -5 to the* attack roll. This Trick Shot ignore ½ , ¾ and full cover.
Also nice idea, but I have the feeling the cost + penalty overweight the cover bypass. Especially since Sharpshooter feat, an obvious one for such builds, bypass freely 1/2 nd 3/4 already IIRC. There is also the problem of knowing where an enemy behind full cover is.
Either keep the cost at 3 and redact more like this...
"You can spend 3 Trick points to make a any ammunition you shot from a weapon attack bounce off anything in the area to hit your target, ignoring ½ and ¾ cover. You can also use it to aim at an enemy shielded by a full cover with a -5 penalty on the attack roll, provided you have a way to know its location."

Or so something like this: "When you make a ranged weapon attack, you can spend 1, 2 or 3 Trick points to ignore 1/2, 3/4 and full cover respectively. You can use this to attack a creature behind full cover only if you have a way to know its location, and you suffer a -3 bonus to the attack roll.

Anti-air: You can spend 1 Trick Point to make a attack against any missiles or projectiles as a reaction. If the attack is successful the missile or projectile is deflected.
Same as with locks: interesting ideas, but it needs an indication on DC. Also, you should precise the area as "being in your normal range" and "in the general direction of your view". Would be improbable that someone could stop a projectile that has been shot in its back. ^^

Quick Draw: If a hostile creature go before you in initiative you can spend 2 Trick point to make a weapon attack as a reaction to the creature taking a action.
The idea is nice and understandable, but the wording could be improved, as it is it feels clunky. Also, unless you want this to be usable only once per fight (on the first round), you don't need to bother with initiative imo. My try:
"When a hostile creature takes an action, you can spend 2 Trick points to make a weapon attack against it as a reaction."

Spray and Pray: when you take the attack action. You can make a range weapon attack at any hostile creature's with in your weapon range. Each attack cost 1 Trick point. The Trick points are used up whether or not the attack hits or miss. You must have a loaded weapon for every attack if you can draw any number of weapons if needed. You do not add any bonuses to or any modifiers to the rolls.
Not sure I understand how the "loaded" condition works here. Not sure also it's necessary. I'll pass the hot potatoe to more experienced ones. Love the idea though. :)

Weapon Expert: At 11th level You have refined your skills and no the limits of your weapons. You have developed techniques to push your weapons pass there capabilities in doing so. Your weapons range is double. You have also learn how to load your weapons faster as a result you ignore any reload property with weapons that you are proficient with.
Ok, so this strictly nullifies the condition of the previous ability right?
Otherwise this seems fine with me in balance. :)
Although I would have personnally suggested the "opposite" about range: allows firearms to be used at close range without disadvantage (I mean, that's one of the strong points of firearms no? :)) This way you nearly totally cover the Crossbow Expert feat while keeping space for Sharpshooter. :)

Bleeding Out: At 15th level When you hit a creature with a range weapon attack. You roll your weapon dice twice and every consecutive turn after the initial attack the target 1d4 of bleed damage. The target take the 1d4 bleed damage at the start of there turn. A creature affected by the bleed damage may take a action to make a a wisdom* medicine check the DC for the check is 15 if they make the DC they stop the bleeding. They also can take a action to use a medkit to stop the bleeding.
It's clear enough as it is but could be made more concise and understandable.
My try:
When you hit a creature with a ranged weapon attack, you inflict double damage. In addition, starting with its next turn, the hit creature suffers 1d4 bleed damage at the start of its turn. During its turn, the affected creature may use an action to try a Medicine check against DC 15. If it succeeds, the effect stops. If the creature uses a medkit, it passes the check automatically.

Good work and good luck improving it. :)

Sir cryosin
2016-02-25, 02:30 PM
Hi! Lots of nice ideas here, but most of them will need tweaks on balance or redaction. :)

I don't manage to view if this would be underpowered or overpowered, not experienced enough with Hidden mechanisms. I'll let other people on this one. :)

Very interesting way to make an automatic resource gain. The base amount may be a bit high though, or not... Maybe I feel this because you also learn all Tricks at once seemingly. While I love gaining many versatile abilities, it feels too front-loaded. Maybe keep the Spray and Pray for 11th level.

How do you provide the ammunition? Is it another archetype feature? Also, I guess you meant "any lock you hit that was locked is NOW unlocked". Interesting idea though but I'd say it would need an indication on DC required, or give lock an AC.
Too DM dependent to my taste as it is.

Also nice idea, but I have the feeling the cost + penalty overweight the cover bypass. Especially since Sharpshooter feat, an obvious one for such builds, bypass freely 1/2 nd 3/4 already IIRC. There is also the problem of knowing where an enemy behind full cover is.
Either keep the cost at 3 and redact more like this...
"You can spend 3 Trick points to make a any ammunition you shot from a weapon attack bounce off anything in the area to hit your target, ignoring ½ and ¾ cover. You can also use it to aim at an enemy shielded by a full cover with a -5 penalty on the attack roll, provided you have a way to know its location."

Or so something like this: "When you make a ranged weapon attack, you can spend 1, 2 or 3 Trick points to ignore 1/2, 3/4 and full cover respectively. You can use this to attack a creature behind full cover only if you have a way to know its location, and you suffer a -3 bonus to the attack roll.

Same as with locks: interesting ideas, but it needs an indication on DC. Also, you should precise the area as "being in your normal range" and "in the general direction of your view". Would be improbable that someone could stop a projectile that has been shot in its back. ^^

The idea is nice and understandable, but the wording could be improved, as it is it feels clunky. Also, unless you want this to be usable only once per fight (on the first round), you don't need to bother with initiative imo. My try:
"When a hostile creature takes an action, you can spend 2 Trick points to make a weapon attack against it as a reaction."

Not sure I understand how the "loaded" condition works here. Not sure also it's necessary. I'll pass the hot potatoe to more experienced ones. Love the idea though. :)

Ok, so this strictly nullifies the condition of the previous ability right?
Otherwise this seems fine with me in balance. :)
Although I would have personnally suggested the "opposite" about range: allows firearms to be used at close range without disadvantage (I mean, that's one of the strong points of firearms no? :)) This way you nearly totally cover the Crossbow Expert feat while keeping space for Sharpshooter. :)

It's clear enough as it is but could be made more concise and understandable.
My try:
When you hit a creature with a ranged weapon attack, you inflict double damage. In addition, starting with its next turn, the hit creature suffers 1d4 bleed damage at the start of its turn. During its turn, the affected creature may use an action to try a Medicine check against DC 15. If it succeeds, the effect stops. If the creature uses a medkit, it passes the check automatically.

Good work and good luck improving it. :)

Thanks for the advice