PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder how to stand against Necromancer (and the undead) [Carrion Crown question]

Krazzman
2016-02-23, 12:31 PM
Hello again,

in our weekend group we finished the 3rd book of the Carrion Crown adventure path recently. The "bossfight" was quite harsh on us since circle of death + cloudkill nearly tore us apart (our Bard died and we had to [Raise Dead] and [Restoration] her).

We are a group of 4 (Dwarven Cleric of Desna, Elven or Human Wizard (Necromancy banned, dunno what else), Human Bard Archer and Angel-Kin Paladin [me, with Scion of Humanity(DM wanted us to look normal)].

We are level 9 (with the approx the wealth of 7 due to raise dead). The Cleric has Craft Wands, the Bard has Craft Wondrous Items and I have Magic Arms and Armor, Wizard has Scrolls and thinks about staves.

What can we do exactly (except Death Ward) to be properly prepared for what's coming next (lot's of undead and necromancer I assume [please no spoilers]).

If needed I can post the full build for at least the Paladin and Bard. The Bard sings, buffs and Shoots arrows while the Paladin fights with a +1 Mithril Falchion in a +1 Mithril Agile Breastplate.

Thanks in advance

duboisjf
2016-02-23, 03:40 PM
Invest in bonus to saving throw or in ways to have reroll for these. Some nasty effects are waiting for you later in the adventure path.

I played the complete adventure path and equiped my Iomedae cleric with a deathless armor and a gravewatch pendant.

Look for immediate action spell in the bard and paladin spell list (saving finale, paladin's sacrifice).

Sayt
2016-02-23, 05:49 PM
If you're ninth level, you're actually immune to Circle of Death, which targets enemies with HD of 8 and under only.

But, abstractly, you want cloaks of resistance and you want scarabs of protection.

Krazzman
2016-02-23, 06:40 PM
If you're ninth level, you're actually immune to Circle of Death, which targets enemies with HD of 8 and under only.

But, abstractly, you want cloaks of resistance and you want scarabs of protection.

Sadly we reached 9th after completing the book. Then it's as problematic as I thought. My paladin has saves like any paladin with 20 charisma (headband of charisma ).

Any other recommended enchantment fir weapons or armor?
I thought about saving for holy. Then bane undead.

Sayt
2016-02-23, 07:03 PM
Holy is gonna be great all through the campaign, Undeadbane likewise. Mind Buttressing is always good for fighter types, though whether you need it is a judgement call.