PDA

View Full Version : Would this be a decent house rule?

Spacehamster
2016-02-23, 05:57 PM
See many people give out a free feat at lvl 1 and ditch vuman, that is all fine and good. My idea is similar but instead like this: at level 4(or whenever you get your first feat/asi due to mc) you gain both a feat and the ASI you can't choose 2 feats or two ASI's. This keeps the danger of the first few levels and let's more MAD classes/builds at least get 1 or 2 feats during their career.

So is this something you as a player would like or could think to use as a DM? :)

Talamare
2016-02-23, 05:59 PM
I like it,

CaptAl
2016-02-23, 06:05 PM
Seems decent to me, as long as you dump V. Human. Two feats plusan asi could be pretty OP at 4th.

Spacehamster
2016-02-23, 06:11 PM
Seems decent to me, as long as you dump V. Human. Two feats plusan asi could be pretty OP at 4th.

I would prob not do that, vuman in itself is not too great compared to other classes, feats are great but to me stuff like dark vision, better stats, fly speed, stronger crits and the like are better in the long run. :)

Just feels like nobody would want to play a human if you remove vuman, standard human is only really decent for crazy MAD multi classing that needs 3 or more stats at 13.
If I did remove vuman I would prob at least throw over the free skill to the standard human.

Addaran
2016-02-23, 06:50 PM
I like it! And i don't see any problem with still allowing vhuman.
Basically, you're letting people get the fun option (a feat) while still having +2 to the primary stats, wich is the optimal choice in a lot of case(with point-buy) but kinda boring.

It's a good alternative to feat at lvl one, if you don't want to allow super combo at lvl 1 or want to give more time to new players figuring the system before choosing feats.

Malifice
2016-02-23, 09:03 PM
I prefer the feat at 1st level for all.

Allows some variety in the characters at my table.

Noble_berserker
2016-02-23, 09:17 PM
I think that instead of dumping the vhuman you should instead make an alternative. I have made this one.

Variant Human
Ability Score Increase: +2 +1 +1
Skills: One skill of your choice + One out of Persuasion, Deception, Intimidation + One out of Arcana, History, Nature, Religion
Size: Medium
Speed: 30ft
Languages: Common + One

No feat ofcourse, 3 skills seem like a lot but humans don't get darkvision so they need to get something cool.

It's the one I use with the 'everyone gets a feat at 1st level' house rule.

Talamare
2016-02-28, 04:53 AM
I think that instead of dumping the vhuman you should instead make an alternative. I have made this one.

Variant Human
Ability Score Increase: +2 +1 +1
Skills: One skill of your choice + One out of Persuasion, Deception, Intimidation + One out of Arcana, History, Nature, Religion
Size: Medium
Speed: 30ft
Languages: Common + One

No feat ofcourse, 3 skills seem like a lot but humans don't get darkvision so they need to get something cool.

It's the one I use with the 'everyone gets a feat at 1st level' house rule.

So... like a Human Half Elf?

Noble_berserker
2016-02-28, 08:07 AM
So... like a Human Half Elf?
More or less, but at least it's a bit attractive with that extra skill.

Petrocorus
2016-02-28, 11:28 PM
I like that. I may actually use it.