PDA

View Full Version : Solo Inquisitor Gestalt Build

Gwazi Magnum
2016-02-23, 06:13 PM
Basically I'm making a character meant for a Solo Campaign and I'm wondering about what would pair well with Inquisitor.

But it falls under the following rules.

Starts at Level 3
Ability Score Array 16, 14, 14, 12, 11, 7 (Rolled)
Technically a 3.5 game, but allowed to use PF Classes
Additional Class Skills can be gained if a reasonable explanation can be given as to the characters history
Can use Ultimate Campaign, and gain ALL the Traits and Story Feats gained from selected background
Gestalt but with a twist.

The twist being the Gestalt is point buy system.
Which in short means I can do one of the following:

Gestalt with one other Tier 3 Class
Gestalt with one Tier 4 Class and a third Tier 5 Class
Gestalt with three other Tier 5 Classes
Replace any One Tier 5 Class with one of the below bonus options at each level up.

Bonuses

Bonus PF Trait
+3 Skill Points
Additional Class Skill
+3 Hit Points

So any advice on how to set up a viable Solo-Inquisitor would be appreciated.
My only leaning within the Class atm is that being Solo I want to make use of Stealth, and also have some social skills so I can make allies.

Xerlith
2016-02-24, 08:38 AM
Weird, but I kinda like it:

Infiltrator Inquisitor20//Zen Archer Qinggong Monk20//Eldritch Guardian Fighter6/PF Paladin (Divine Hunter or Oath of Vengeance) 14//4 levels worth of PF Traits.

Feats to take: Serenity (DragComp).

Wisdom to (ranged) Attack, Saves, AC, Bluff and Diplomacy.
Travel Devotion is worth spending a feat, and Paladin has Turn Undead/Channel Energy (Are they transparent in your game?), so here's movement if you need it.
There's also the Sparring Dummy of the Master (IIRC) that gives you 10ft 5ft steps.

14/11/12/14/16/7, with Clever Wordplay keying your Diplomacy off Intelligence to avoid the negative modifier.

If you can cram Ordained Champion 5 or Shiba Protector 1 in there, it gets more ridiculous (Wis twice to attack (Thrice w/ Smite on, thanks to Serenity), wis to damage).

And you get a cute pet (use the Mauler archetype on, dunno, a goat) who can proc your Teamwork feats for you.

Aaand it's a decent switch-hitter with monk's full unarmed strike progression+full BAB.

Gwazi Magnum
2016-02-24, 11:07 AM
So basically a Ranged Inquisitor with a lot of mobility and WIS synergy (including being social)?

Xerlith
2016-02-24, 12:08 PM
Well, I wouldn't oversell on the mobility, but yeah.
Wis-SAD, sneaking (Wisdom in the Flesh trait allows you to use Wis instead of the original ability score on one chosen Str-,Dex- or Con-based skill), ranged (Zen archer, self-explanatory) and melee(ish) (Smite helps immensely, full US progression, etc) one-man army.
Well, one and a half, because you get a pet... Goat.

Yea, that familiar may need a different base.

Florian
2016-02-24, 12:33 PM
Inquisitor pairs extremely (!!!) well with Hunter for a Gestalt. More than extremely. I mean Cookies and Cream-style ice-cream extremely.

Krazzman
2016-02-24, 02:18 PM
From hands on experience I can say Barbarian is an good fit. My player is an Heretic//Barbarian and so far she was very effective.
Also seconding Hunter. The potential is insane. I think the only downside is medium BaB. But 0 to 2 Animal Companions, Domains, Awesome self buffs, readyness to be effective against every threat.

Barbarian would be T4 (giving you another T5 class as probable chassis).

Grod_The_Giant
2016-02-24, 02:40 PM
Inquisitor alone can get pretty damn SAD-- take the Heretic archetype and the Reformation Inquisition, and you've got Wis to Initiative, Bluff, Stealth, Diplomacy, Intimidate, and Perform (Oratory). (Conversation would get you Wis to Bluff twice, once as a stat and once as a bonus, but Reformation has better specials-- reroll some social checks Wis/day, and essentially use Charm Person Wis/day).

If you want a seriously-SAD build, there are plenty of ways to do it. Inquisitor//Soulknife/Soulbow with Zen Archery and a Swordsage 2 dip gets Wis to attack, damage, and AC in light armor-- or better yet, use the Pathfinder Soulknife (third party, but from a much-beloved third party source) and take the Focused Offense skill to get Wis to attack and damage at level 2. That's probably a T4 class, giving you a T5 to play with. Paladin's not a bad option, especially if you bring some 3.5 A-game to it. Take Serenity, take the Harmonious Knight sub levels, take the Holy Warrior ACF so you're not feat-starved, take the most dangerous mount possible...

Actually, that sounds pretty good. Even if you don't want the extra SAD, fill your T5 side with Harmonious Knight Paladin 5/Wild Plains Outrider 3, and grab Share Soulmeld and some meldshaping. You can still use most of the good Bardic Music multipliers and apply them to yourself and your mount, and all your lovely offensive and defensive melds will also be shared. Ride a griffin and eat all the faces.

Captain Morgan
2016-02-25, 11:50 AM
Inquisitor pairs extremely (!!!) well with Hunter for a Gestalt. More than extremely. I mean Cookies and Cream-style ice-cream extremely.

Better than a Sacred Huntmaster/Zen Archer? I guess those teamwork feats add up, huh?

Florian
2016-02-25, 01:36 PM
Better than a Sacred Huntmaster/Zen Archer? I guess those teamwork feats add up, huh?

They do and wow boy, the net-gain is great. Your ability to automatically share all of your Teamwork feats with your companion simply rocks.

Xerlith
2016-02-25, 03:58 PM
For me, the Solo Tactics + Mauler Familiar are enough to be competitive.