PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to gaming articles?

Wonton
2007-06-18, 12:09 AM
I just read The New World in the Gaming section of this website...
I'd stumbled upon it completely by accident, and after reading the first one I was hooked. I read all 10 in quick succession just now. I am mentally exhausted right now and I have an exam tomorrow in the morning, but I didn't care because the articles were that amazing. (Here, I tried to find a smiley that works, but none do.)

Mr. Burlew is a genius-level writer.

I'm sad that there aren't updates to the gaming section more often. Don't get me wrong, I love the Order of the Stick, but I think that Rich gets bogged down by writing the comic so much that he doesn't really have time for this other stuff. And, I mean, obviously, one brings money into the man's wallet, the other's is just free stuff he write for our benefit, but I'd still love it if the gaming section updated more often.

What are your thoughts on this?

F.H. Zebedee
2007-06-18, 08:17 AM
I, too, miss Rich's articles in the gaming section. They're all very enlightening and solid reads.

Lord Herman
2007-06-18, 08:30 AM
As do I. I especially like the Villain Workshop - it really helps me flesh out BBEG's.

Gaelbert
2007-06-18, 09:44 AM
There's a petition you can sign about this. It's in the Gaming Articles section

Hazkali
2007-06-18, 10:05 AM
I'm especially a fan of the diplomacy rules. It definitley brings a new spin on them and is far better than the RAW, in my oppinion.

The article on "What is Texture" should be compulsory reading (and re-reading) for every DM before each session.

karmuno
2007-06-19, 07:32 PM
There's a petition you can sign about this. It's in the Gaming Articles section

Indeed, there's a link in my sig.

comicadv
2007-06-19, 08:39 PM
should you really bug the giant?
He works real hard to make the comics and he's already getting latish in his post so I don't think that a petition will do more than make him ban petitions and add a new posting rule.

karmuno
2007-06-19, 09:18 PM
should you really bug the giant?
He works real hard to make the comics and he's already getting latish in his post so I don't think that a petition will do more than make him ban petitions and add a new posting rule.

While a petition may not get him to start posting new articles any time soon, I strongly doubt that he would ban the petition. Unless people are badgering him with PMs or the like (of course they could be, although I'm certainly not). I think of it as more of making sure that the Giant knows we're here, since most of his time is devoted to OotS, as is most of his feedback. This just lets him know that, should he feel the need to write any more articles, they will be appreciated. Best case scenario, he writes more gaming articles. Worst case scenario, I help make giantitp history. :smallwink:

MeklorIlavator
2007-06-19, 09:28 PM
The giant isn't that vindictive. At worst he'd tell them to stop, nothing worst.

Though, he has mentioned that the setting he created in the Worlds artiles is something he plans on publishing, and is not going to release more data on the world.