PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Clicky: Must Love Cats (Complete Psionic Thri-Kreen Character Optimization)

Rasman
2016-02-23, 11:53 PM
A game I am a part of ended because, while I was on vacation, the party suffered a TPK. I am looking at bringing back my favorite character of all time, Clicky, for a 12th level game. I had tried to rebuild Clicky once before, just for fun, but I'm making some adjustments to the build just for simplicity.

Just for some idea of concept, this form of Clicky will not really be weapon focused, but I'm planning on making him a leap attacking, grappling, monster. Him jumping and crushing opponents amuses me, because it's very much in his original nature anyway, so building on this concepts

Level 1: Thri-Kreen 1 CP p. 150 (Power Attack)
Level 2: Thri-Kreen 2 (Deflect Arrows)
Level 3: Lion Totem Barbarian 1 Rage, Pounce (Leap Attack -Complete Adventurer 110)
Level 4: Fighter 1 (Death From Above)
Level 5: Fighter 2 (Improved Unarmed Strike)(Battle Jump - Unapproachable East)
Level 6: Fighter 3
Level 7: Fighter 4 (Shock Trooper)(Improved Bull Rush)
Level 8: Fighter 5
Level 9: Fighter 6 (Bleeding Attack)(Improved Grapple)
Level 10: Fighter 7
Level 11: Fighter 8 (Greater Grapple)(Feral Combat Training)
Level 12: Fighter 9
Level 13: Fighter 10 (Fighter Feat)(Lvl Feat)
Level 14: Fighter 11
Level 15: Fighter 12 (Fighter Feat)(Lvl Feat)
Level 16: Fighter 13
Level 17: Fighter 14 (Fighter Feat)(Lvl Feat)
Level 18: Fighter 15
Level 19: Fighter 16 (Fighter Feat)(Lvl Feat)
Level 20: Fighter 17

Albions_Angel
2016-02-24, 02:25 PM
Question: Is Fighter 17 necessary? It doesnt seem to give you anything. Would a 1 level dip (or more) somewhere else be more beneficial?

Sayt
2016-02-24, 05:33 PM
Pathfinder? Grappling? TETORI! (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/tetori) (Seriously though, getting to turn off FoM is A+)

Rasman
2016-02-24, 06:58 PM
Question: Is Fighter 17 necessary? It doesnt seem to give you anything. Would a 1 level dip (or more) somewhere else be more beneficial?

Well, this is fairly preliminary. I think that I at least want to get to Fighter 9 so I can take Focused Weapon and let my Claw Damage naturally scale up to 2d6 with the fighter levels, so I think that Fighter 15 is pretty ideal since it does give that 2d6 and a ton of feats that will make him plenty tough. I, also, want to keep him fairly simple in terms of build since the character is DEFINITELY not smart enough to do anything close to casting spells or using psionics. The only thing he can think critically about is cats and how to cook them.

I suppose a dip into Ranger could be a possibility. I'll have to look into dip possibilities a bit more, I think.

Pathfinder? Grappling? TETORI! (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/monk/archetypes/paizo---monk-archetypes/tetori) (Seriously though, getting to turn off FoM is A+)

I actually have a Tetori built, but this character isn't ALL about grappling. He's more of a feral fighter who doesn't really think and is more instinctual. On top of that, I don't think Tetori as a dip would really give him enough to justify said dip.