PDA

View Full Version : How to perform Dance of Blades

TheBrassDuke
2016-02-24, 01:27 PM
https://49.media.tumblr.com/adaa44388ad5a1b95df21ab443e90d66/tumblr_ns4ngw2Fvx1rxe5aoo1_500.gif

So, how would you make this? Is there a spell similar, or~?

Zaq
2016-02-24, 01:34 PM
Depends on exactly what you want that to represent. Seems like a pretty basic line attack to me, so any spell that does damage in a line will probably work. (There are other special attacks that deal damage in a line, like a DFA's breath weapon or the breath weapon Amon gives to Binders, but those both do fire damage by default, which you may or may not be okay with.)

If you want it to specifically be "blades," there's Whirling Blade (SpC 238), which lets you make an attack with a weapon against every target in a line. 2nd level spell (available to Bards and to Sor/Wiz).

Jormengand
2016-02-24, 01:34 PM
Magic missile. You're allowed to make your spells look like whatever you want (within some limits, and magic missiles that look like blades of force are definitely within those limits).

TheBrassDuke
2016-02-24, 01:46 PM
You know, that isn't a bad idea at all, but I'm thinking Dance of Blades is more of a cone-shaped burst of slashing force/wind. Supposed to strike all targets in the area...

I don't know. I do like your suggestion, though. And I may just utilize that, too.

Edit:

I also just noticed there were two replies. Whirling Blade requires a blade to be hurled in the process, right? I think it just might work, and could definitely be refluffed.