PDA

View Full Version : Strange "Invalid Request" error -- any insights? Thanks!

Bulldog Psion
2016-02-24, 05:54 PM
I'm trying to get to a "Content Generator" page on a website that I work for -- a place selling muscle car parts, in case you're interested.

Whenever I try to go to the link, I get a blank page that says "Invalid Request."

Now, I'm using the same browser and browser variant as the client, who can go to the page with no problem. I have all my extensions turned off; cleared my cache; made sure that the browser is up to date; etc. etc.

I also checked my Internet connection. It seems to be working and I can go anywhere else on the web.

Does this sound like a problem with me, or a problem with their website?

Thanks in advance for any input! :smallsmile:

Alent
2016-02-24, 06:14 PM
Nothing leaps out as an obvious answer, so let's try this kinda offbeat one: check your TCP/IP settings and see what your DNS server is. If you're using your ISP's DNS settings, put in the google DNS settings (primary 8.8.8.8, secondary 8.8.4.4).

I doubt that will change anything, but let's just try and see.

blunk
2016-02-24, 11:52 PM
If it's working for your client and your setups are that similar, it would seem to be on your end. Maybe you're not properly authenticated - cookies getting blocked or something.

I'd try to find out what the server response code is, 400 or whatever. In Chrome I'd be looking in the Developer Tools' "Network" tab to see what the request/response looked like, and the console to look for, well, anything. Similar in Firefox.

Bulldog Psion
2016-02-25, 01:36 PM
It's working, huzzah! :smallcool: Thinky Dog will be able to buy kibble next week!

Thanks guys! :smallbiggrin: