PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Full BAB Prestige class that grants arcane casting

dextercorvia
2016-02-24, 09:59 PM
There are lots of Full BAB prestige classes that grant independent divine casting (like Pious Templar). I'm looking for a similar class that has full BAB and grants independent arcane casting. Does anyone know one?

Sayt
2016-02-24, 10:13 PM
I believe that Suel Arcanamach does so?

dextercorvia
2016-02-24, 10:20 PM
I believe that Suel Arcanamach does so?

Suel Arcanamach is 3/4 BAB.

GnomishPride
2016-02-24, 10:49 PM
The Abjurant Champion is has full bab and arcane caster progression, so that might not be what you're looking for. It does have a pretty epic capstone: your caster level is equal to your BaB (if your BaB is 16, your CL is 16. If your BaB is 20, your CL is 20). It does require 1st level arcane spell casting, but a 1 level dip in bard or sorcerer or whatever won't hurt that much.

ben-zayb
2016-02-25, 12:37 AM
On the nastier side of things, Mortal Hunter from BoVD and Corrupt Avenger from HoH are both minimum-progression spellcasters. Mortal Hunter is CHA-based, while Corrupt Avenger uses Corruption Score.

The Glyphstone
2016-02-25, 01:11 AM
I think the Mortal Hunter and Corrupt Avenger might be your only options. Classes like Pious Templar get away with it, so to speak, because the Paladin has thematic precedent set (in core, at least), for a full-BAB class with divine casting (even though PT gets 9ths). I can't think of any Arcane base class except the Duskblade and Hexblade that gets full BAB and casting; it's a relic dinosaur of 3.5 that arcane casters shouldn't be in melee by default.

Cerefel
2016-02-25, 01:48 AM
Does Knight of the Weave have full BAB? I'm currently AFB and can't check. There is also the 3.0 version of Bladesinger that gave its own casting, but other than that nothing comes to mind.

Troacctid
2016-02-25, 02:01 AM
My sources say Corrupt Avenger and Mortal Hunter are the only ones.

Knight of the Weave is 3/4.

Tiri
2016-02-25, 08:32 AM
Classes like Pious Templar get away with it, so to speak, because the Paladin has thematic precedent set (in core, at least), for a full-BAB class with divine casting (even though PT gets 9ths).

Pious Templar gets 4ths. You might be thinking of the Divine Crusader, but that only has 3/4ths BAB.

ShurikVch
2016-02-25, 10:15 AM
Bladesinger (RoF version) had it's one separate casting (1st - 4th levels)

If you OK with Dragon stuff, Fiend Slayer (#287) have 1st-to-4th levels casting, and Psi-Hunter (#281) - 1st-to-5th levels

3rd party Villain Design Handbook (for Kingdoms of Kalamar) have uber-broken Darklight Wizard: full-BAB, arcane fast progression 1st-to-9th levels, and Animate Dead SLA at-will; spell list is tiny, but there are so many ways to fix it...