PDA

View Full Version : Comics Marvel's "Caucasian Alien-hybrid-bastard Child"

t209
2016-02-25, 02:03 AM
So do you wonder that most half aliens in Marvel universe being the demographics based on that tile? Let's see
- Peter Quill, illegitimate child of Spartoi Prince and Human mom
- Hulkling, white Kree and Skrull mother (even if he's green and alien-alien by default but mostly caucasian for public)
- Ultragirl, part Kree part Mutant
- Adam-X, the now retconned 90's anti-hero who's half Shi'ar and half Human, Cyclops' other brother before Vulcan as king of crazy bird people.
Due to these examples, I am feeling that Marvel is using that clinche a lot (combining white heroes and no parents archetypes).
I don't know but it's heavily implied that Sam Alexander is half-alien (particularly Xandarian, which would make him the only member left in the universe other than his dad) from his dad side (Well, imagine if locals will no dissect him or laughed out if he said "I came from other planet that looks like human but has power from super computers. I somehow landed on Earth and decided to make an alien baby with a Latina for some reason", which means he might be only one who broke off from that demographics (has both parents and part-Latino).
So anyone wanted to discuss on this archetype?

MLai
2016-02-25, 04:30 AM
So do you wonder that most half aliens in Marvel universe being the demographics based on that tile?
Meh, it's like how every other foreign exchange student in a Japanese high school is half-Japanese.

Hopeless
2016-02-25, 06:47 AM
One of these days they'll reveal humanity was actually descended from an ancient alien race which turn out to have been humans sent out on a colony generation ship that misjumped into the distant past explaining why there's so many human-like alien races out there in the comics, tv & movies who look like us!

And speak English!

Killer Angel
2016-02-25, 07:45 AM
And speak English!

...with a western accent. :smalltongue:

Eldan
2016-02-25, 08:15 AM
One of these days they'll reveal humanity was actually descended from an ancient alien race which turn out to have been humans sent out on a colony generation ship that misjumped into the distant past explaining why there's so many human-like alien races out there in the comics, tv & movies who look like us!

And speak English!

Doctor Who did something quite a bit like that. The Timelords are one of the oldest civilizations around and they look pretty much like humans. One of their founders, Rassilon used time-travel and ludicrous science to ensure that as much intelligent life as possible would be as similar as possible to the Timelords, all over space and time. This was to make future communication easier and ensure Timelord dominance.
He killed off quite a few intelligent races for it. Or rather, prevented them from ever evolving.

Kyberwulf
2016-02-25, 08:48 AM
I think it has to do with Demographics. Most of the Aliens seem to choose America to mate with. Don't know why...maybe it's out BBQs and our fireworks. Anyway. I think most of America is white. On top of that, most of the people Aliens tend to choose, are superpowered in someway. I am even counting smart or pretty people as having superpowers. Just because aliens seem to only choose people with good genitics to mate with. Again, most of these people are white. Nothing really wrong with that.

SO yeah. I don't know what's with the White bashing.. or White shaming. I don't see nothing wrong with this really.

Thinker
2016-02-25, 10:16 AM
I think it has to do with Demographics. Most of the Aliens seem to choose America to mate with. Don't know why...maybe it's out BBQs and our fireworks. Anyway. I think most of America is white. On top of that, most of the people Aliens tend to choose, are superpowered in someway. I am even counting smart or pretty people as having superpowers. Just because aliens seem to only choose people with good genitics to mate with. Again, most of these people are white. Nothing really wrong with that.

SO yeah. I don't know what's with the White bashing.. or White shaming. I don't see nothing wrong with this really.

USA demographics aside, maybe it's that the stories being written about mostly occur in the USA or with USA-based teams and that's why it seems like aliens mate with Americans. We don't have anyone writing about much going on in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, the Middle East, East Asia, Southeast Asia, etc. For all we know, there's an alien-human hybrid fighting pirates in Somalia.

Frozen_Feet
2016-02-25, 10:36 AM
Wrong, there's an alien hybrid pirate fighting humans there. :smalltongue:

The boring answer is that entertainment made in place X tends to reflect demographics of place X. And for live-action things specifically, they tend to reflect demographics of actors available in place X. In small countries with small productions, complaining about representation takes a different tone: forget about non-native-looking people, give us a movie first where the roles are not filled by the same six faces who star in all the other movies. :smalltongue:

Friv
2016-02-25, 10:58 AM

The problem with this argument is that the United States is less than two-thirds white. Demographically, there should be a lot more black or Latino hybrids in particular.

No, the more simple answer is this: When they're not specifically choosing a race, most writers and artists will just default to their own without thinking about it very hard, which means that when a character's defining trait is "half-alien", they aren't going to think much about the human half. Since most comics artists and writers are white, that means most of their characters end up being white.

This is, of course, complicated by the fact that a lot of comics characters date back to the 60s and early 70s, in which it was just generally difficult to get any non-white characters onto the page who weren't broad racial stereotypes. Since most of them endured, crowding out the field, comics have progressed more slowly than some forms of media.

(And I'm not going to touch your genetics argument, because... well, I'm sure that you didn't mean to write that white people have better genes than non-white people, but it kind of really reads that way.)

Kitten Champion
2016-02-25, 11:07 AM
I don't see what it has to do with being alien hybrids, most comic book characters are White due to the attitudes of the writers/market for most of the 20th century along with the comic market retaining popular characters for as long as financially viable.

Peter Quill was devised in '77, Scott Summers was first established in '63, and Mar-vell in '67 - with the latter two's initial conception determining the inevitable appearance/ethnicity of their future family for later comics - it would be rather surprising if they weren't White and Male objectively.

Ultra-Girl had enough difficulty just trying to sell its new female character solo book in the bloated 96-97 market without also making her non-White, not that her solo run lasted very long anyways. I don't think she's been a comic for nearly a decade now.

Actually, I question labelling the Alien/Human hybrid as a cliche, it's barely used at Marvel and for none of their most successful characters. Unless you extend the concept to characters like The Power Pack, Inhumans, and Captain Marvel - but none of them have literal alien parentage.

t209
2016-02-25, 12:28 PM
And you forgot about the "bastard" part since Marvel also tend to make them as "my dad left when my mom was pregnant with her" that is pretty much their default origins. I mean ignoring the white part, it seems that humans and aliens does not seem to have committed relationship and more of unfortunate result of booty call.

Pex
2016-02-25, 12:45 PM

And speak English!

I read a short story once about children who could see the future. They saw the end of the world where people went back in time and because of their technology they were deemed gods by the ancient peoples - Greek, Egyptian, Aztec, etc.

Mando Knight
2016-02-25, 12:45 PM
...with a western accent. :smalltongue:

The fact is, George Washington was really an alien, sent to Earth to ensure the development of a nation that would eventually foster more familiar accents, after their previous envoys, Chaucer and William Shakespeare, set down the modern form of the language. :smalltongue:

Zmeoaice
2016-02-25, 12:55 PM
The problem with this argument is that the United States is less than two-thirds white. Demographically, there should be a lot more black or Latino hybrids in particular.

That's misleading because a lot of Latino people are white, and if you include them whites make up over 3/4ths of the US population.

This is, of course, complicated by the fact that a lot of comics characters date back to the 60s and early 70s, in which it was just generally difficult to get any non-white characters onto the page who weren't broad racial stereotypes.

And also because the US had a higher percentage of white people back then.

(And I'm not going to touch your genetics argument, because... well, I'm sure that you didn't mean to write that white people have better genes than non-white people, but it kind of really reads that way.)

They were referring to mutant/superpowered gentics.

jere7my
2016-02-25, 03:06 PM

If so, they really misspoke.

"I am even counting smart or pretty people as having superpowers. Just because aliens seem to only choose people with good genitics to mate with. Again, most of these people are white."

Really sounds like they're saying most smart or pretty people are white. Let's hope you're correct!

Bulldog Psion
2016-02-25, 03:25 PM
Yes, it's kind of inevitable that people are going to choose their own ethnicity most of the time when creating a character. Assuming comic books are a thing in India, say, I'd expect most of the characters, if not all, to have an Indian ethnicity. in fact, I'd expect that if they had a comic about, say, a character in Germany, that the main character would be Indian and that a lot of the supporting cast would be his/her relatives and friends in the local Indian community. Superhero saving Rio de Janeiro in those comics? Indian. First astronaut to make contact with aliens? Indian.

As far as the other person's post, they kind of made a hash of it (no offense), but I think that what they were trying to say was "I would expect most of the smart or pretty people depicted in a white-majority country's comics to be white also due to the majority thing [just like most of the smart or pretty people depicted in Japanese comics would be Japanese]." At least that's how I parsed it; I could be wrong.

t209
2016-02-25, 03:53 PM
If so, they really misspoke.

"I am even counting smart or pretty people as having superpowers. Just because aliens seem to only choose people with good genitics to mate with. Again, most of these people are white."

Really sounds like they're saying most smart or pretty people are white. Let's hope you're correct!
And ignoring the second part of the archetype: "bastard"!
Like other than the race, all if not most of alien hybrids seem to be orphan, single parents, or raised by guardians. Not to mention that they don't seem to enjoy having human and alien in committed relationship.
edit: No offense but you guys seem to focus on "white" part than the wedlock part in alien hybrids of Marvel.

Bulldog Psion
2016-02-25, 04:00 PM
edit: No offense but you guys seem to focus on "white" part than the wedlock part in alien hybrids of Marvel.

Probably because in our culture, racial stuff is a hot-button issue, so to speak, whereas the matter of whether or not someone's parents had a "License to Shtup" is, to many of us, a rather trivial point.

Darth Ultron
2016-02-25, 04:45 PM

Well, most comic characters are white as most readers are white and that just goes along. It's is rare to see other races in comics, so the whites get to be half alien too.

I guess you could count the silly teen girl (Muslim) Ms. Marvel as a non white half Alien....

Grinner
2016-02-25, 04:54 PM
I'm gonna leave this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nordic_aliens) here. Do with it what you will.

BRC
2016-02-25, 05:51 PM
So do you wonder that most half aliens in Marvel universe being the demographics based on that tile? Let's see
- Peter Quill, illegitimate child of Spartoi Prince and Human mom
- Hulkling, white Kree and Skrull mother (even if he's green and alien-alien by default but mostly caucasian for public)
- Ultragirl, part Kree part Mutant
- Adam-X, the now retconned 90's anti-hero who's half Shi'ar and half Human, Cyclops' other brother before Vulcan as king of crazy bird people.
Due to these examples, I am feeling that Marvel is using that clinche a lot (combining white heroes and no parents archetypes).
I don't know but it's heavily implied that Sam Alexander is half-alien (particularly Xandarian, which would make him the only member left in the universe other than his dad) from his dad side (Well, imagine if locals will no dissect him or laughed out if he said "I came from other planet that looks like human but has power from super computers. I somehow landed on Earth and decided to make an alien baby with a Latina for some reason", which means he might be only one who broke off from that demographics (has both parents and part-Latino).
I mean, it's just an intersection between comic book characters (And american pop culture characters in general) Being overwhelmingly white, and some of those characters being half-alien hybrids.

Look at the original X-Men, all White.
The Original Avengers team (And the original MCU team), all White.
The Original version of the Justice League, all white, except for Martian Manhunter, who was green.

The Glyphstone
2016-02-25, 11:36 PM
I mean, it's just an intersection between comic book characters (And american pop culture characters in general) Being overwhelmingly white, and some of those characters being half-alien hybrids.

The Original version of the Justice League, all white, except for Martian Manhunter, who was green.

Even J'ohnn got turned white for a time (well, into a White Martian, but that counts).

Kyberwulf
2016-02-27, 04:34 PM
LOL What do you guys mean.. "they" .. :o

But yeah, Most of the people born with good genetics are white. Just because there are more white people demographically speaking. Not to mention most of society in America is pretty much centered around giving white people a hand up. Better chances at higher education. Businesses Looking to send them on up Higher, faster. I could go on, but I am starting to sound really racist against white people. lol
This coupled with the fact, that being any other race means you start at a uneven playing field. Why would an outsider NOT choose a white person to mate with. It gives their offspring a better shot at a more successful life.

t209
2016-02-27, 05:12 PM
LOL What do you guys mean.. "they" .. :o

But yeah, Most of the people born with good genetics are white. Just because there are more white people demographically speaking. Not to mention most of society in America is pretty much centered around giving white people a hand up. Better chances at higher education. Businesses Looking to send them on up Higher, faster. I could go on, but I am starting to sound really racist against white people. lol
This coupled with the fact, that being any other race means you start at a uneven playing field. Why would an outsider NOT choose a white person to mate with. It gives their offspring a better shot at a more successful life.
So what about Meredith Quil; single mother? At least until she got killed by aliens (comics) or radioactive sperm (MCU).
edit: Or better yet, what if it was a human who decided to marry one (aka Vulcan Summers).

TeChameleon
2016-02-28, 01:38 AM
Mmph... not sure I'd say that there are really enough of them to call it an 'archetype', per se. I suspect it's more a case of a handful of different 'orphan' tropes intersecting in a few characters than a specific archetype in play.

Super-characters need an origin; 'half-alien' is an origin. If the character is just learning about their powers, then they need an explanation of why the alien parent (who the powers presumably came from) hasn't taught them about it. So daddy dearest needs to have pissed off someplace for whatever reason; if they're still alive, then that's some drama preserved for someplace down the line, so it ends up with, well, 'alien-hybrid-bastard-child' (the 'caucasian' part of the equation is something I consider more of a side-effect than anything else... also, American racial... things... baffle me, so I'm going to refrain from commenting on them beyond that).

t209
2016-02-28, 02:46 AM
Mmph... not sure I'd say that there are really enough of them to call it an 'archetype', per se. I suspect it's more a case of a handful of different 'orphan' tropes intersecting in a few characters than a specific archetype in play.

Super-characters need an origin; 'half-alien' is an origin. If the character is just learning about their powers, then they need an explanation of why the alien parent (who the powers presumably came from) hasn't taught them about it. So daddy dearest needs to have pissed off someplace for whatever reason; if they're still alive, then that's some drama preserved for someplace down the line, so it ends up with, well, 'alien-hybrid-bastard-child' (the 'caucasian' part of the equation is something I consider more of a side-effect than anything else... also, American racial... things... baffle me, so I'm going to refrain from commenting on them beyond that).
Thank you.
To tell the truth, I kinda got the idea based on headcanon on new Nova, Sam Alexander, since it's heavily hinted that his dad may not be from Earth (not sure if High Evolutionary's "Alien Hybrid" for Sam is canon but Jesse is seen with being familiar with space techs despite being a "drop out" and inability to adapt to civilian life).
I also noticed a contrast too since DC have half-alien from committed relationships ("bastards" do exist but DC tend to show offsprings from relationships) compared to Marvel. I mean there's Aleea Strange (Adam Strange's half-Rannite daughter), Mar'i Grayson (Kingdom Come's result of StarfireXRobin ship), and occasional Superman and Lois' child
now officially canon after Convergence..
For non-DC, Mark Grayson of Invincible counts too.

Ramza00
2016-02-28, 08:18 AM

Actually Hulkling default form and the form he feels most natural in is his human body (white / caucasian skin with slight muscles and those pierced ears).

This has to do with the skrulls they have no real default form being innate shapechangers, and there default form is how they see themselves in their psyche and the form they are most at practice doing. This is because it takes concentration to assume / change to a form that is not a natural form, while the forms that are practiced does not take concentration. (It is also why they do not "lose the form they are assuming while asleep or unconscious). Aka once the clay has been set in the form it has been set it takes energy to change form once again.

Hulkling natural form has always been of a human for almost his entire life he sees himself as human. Now since comic book writters change all the time and some artists are only there for a few weeks or months before they go with someone new, not all the artists "follow these rules" and thus sometimes you see Hulkling be the Hulkling when really he should be Teddy for at that moment Teddy and Billy are just chilling in their room or something and just be causual non stressed teens trying to chill.

So why then was Teddy natural form before discovering his super abilities was of a tall big strong caucasian guy. Its because of this person

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/marveldatabase/images/1/1f/Greg_Norris_(Earth-616)_001.png/revision/latest?cb=20100812060207

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Greg_Norris_(Earth-616)

Greg Norris is / was a former friend of Teddys and Teddy's first real crush. Greg Norris was the high school class president and captain of the basketball team.

Everything was easy for Greg Norris, Greg Norris just seem to naturally fit in his skin and he was popular cocky, and things just rolled off him and fell into place and Teddy was envious / desired that. (Teddy had some inital social awkardness I want to say shyness but it had more to do with "fitting in"). During puberty Teddy unconsciously idealized Greg Norris to such an extent that he became a blond looking Greg Norris. He also became Greg Norris friend and eventually self disclosed that he was a shape shifter (much how young gay teens first self disclose to friends that they are gay for they fear rejection). Instead of Greg Norris hating him, Greg Norris thought it was cool and started using Teddy to impersonate superheroes and Teddy as the Superhero and Greg were going around town and Greg was the person in public who was friends with this awesome guy and was doing it for attention.

Eventually this all ends when Teddy and Greg went to the destroyed / abandoned Avengers mansion which was destroyed in a prior comic event called Avenger Disassembled (Scarlet Witch goes crazy and all of her worse fears suddenly started happening for she was paranoid and this caused the avengers to fight incarnated into actual bodies bad things like Ultron showing up at the mansion and such). So at this now "graveyard / battlefield" in a sub urb of New York Greg wanted to Loot the place and collect souveniors much like how some highschoolers steal stop signs. Teddy would not have this for this was holy land where heroes died (think the Gettsyburg address, this land was made holy by the sacrifice of heroes and their blood changed the soil)

Teddy now see that Greg was always using him and never had real friendship (something that Teddy craved due to his social issues). "They break up their bromance" and their friendship was destroyed. As soon as the break up is finished though, Iron Lad and the suit which will one day become Vision / Jonas meets up with Teddy and starts recruiting Teddy into the Young Avengers due to the Vision failsafe that if the Avengers ever broke up these people could be united and become the new Avengers in order to save the world.

Ramza00
2016-02-28, 09:53 AM
Edit: I changed my mind and I am not going to write any more than this. Especially since I only have a glancing knowledge of all this for I do not read much comics instead are more familiar with these concepts through things like TV, Movies, Direct to DVD Animated movies, Wikipedia, etc.

That said I am not familiar with all the marvel stuff like for example I haven't seen any of the Agent of Shield stuff even though I know they talk a lot about things like Kree and such as a plot point

But see below on why there are so many humanoid space races and why lots of them have white skin.

-----

In the Marvel Universe, 6 Million Years ago the Xorrians seeded dozens of humanoid races throughout space from their own genetic lineage / template. This is the reason why we have so many humanoid space races and why these races can often intermingle and reproduce. This storyline took place in the early 1970s

The Humans, Kree, Skrulls, and other are descendents of the Xorrians.

After that event 6 million years ago, another space race called the celestials (you saw them in Guardians of the Galaxy, aka the race with the big staff when they were describing the infinity stone, as well as the race whose head the "mos eisley catina" is forged from and acts as a moon) modified many races throughout several planets creating 3 strains of every race.

The Celestials as a theme are very similar to the 2001 Space Odyseey Monoliths but instead of modifying human mutation to create better things for the sake of good reason the Celestials are kinda *******s and are doing it for their own reasons and will wipe out all failed experiments. (Note Jack Kirby the writter who founded over 300 major Marvel DC villians also did a comic book adaptation of 2001 Space Odyssey and then after writing all this incorporates many of those ideas into the marvel universe when he creates the groups the Externals, the Celestials, the Inhumans, Mutants, etc)

The Eternal Race, a race which is the "Perfection" of the genetic template. Rarely reproduces, they are god like. With the human race these are called the

Eternals (Homo immortalis also known as Homo Sapiens Aeternus)

Another strain called Deviants which had a high amount of genetic destabilization and often where there form took aspects of their psyche and they became monster in appearance, no deviant is like one another

Deviants (Homo descendus also known as Homo Sapiens Deviare)

(Now the Skrulls are a seperate race but all existing skrulls are of the deviant branch, but unlike the human deviants all these deviants are shapeshifters and they have no form that is constant).

And then a third branch that reproduces often but has no "genetic goal in mind" aka natural evolution. With humans this is Homo Sapiens. That said the Celestials also incorporated the "X-Gene" in the Homo Sapien Population so eventually mutants will arise (The Homo Sapiens Superior).

-----

Now a few hundrends of thousands of years ago the Kree another similar species to Humans due to their shared Xorrians template came to earth. Their species was rarely changing from an evolutionary standpoint even though they have awesome superpowers already. They were fighting another Xorrian based rase the Skrulls. They learned of the celestials genetic tinkering of all three races and they noticed Humans were evolving and the Kree were not.

So they sought to experiment on humans and after learning from the human experiments eventually to experiment on themselves. Thus they took some of the Eternal Bloodline of Humans and some of the Deviant bloodline of Humans and mixed it with the traditional Human Bloodline and in the process created Inhumans. Now Inhumans did not get superpowers almost all the time unless they were exposed to something called the Terrigen Mists or Terrigen Crystals which activated certain genes in these population and gave them superpowers. Some of the inhumans look completely like normal humans while some of them look like monsters.

-----

Now the Kree you are probably familiar with are Ronan The Accuser (blue villain from Guardians of the Galaxy) or Mr Marvel and Ms Marvel. Rogue from the 1990s absorbed Ms. Marvels powers and due to her half human half kree biology and how it worked with Rogues mutant x gene and power absorption somehow Rogue permanently gained Ms Marvels powers of flight (faster than most jets and faster than the speed of sound), super strength, invulnerability etc. These are just merely Kree Superpowers that are based in the race with all Kree having super strength and invulnerability but there is a high distrubtion where some are barely stronger than humans and some of them can pick up a firetruck like its a can of soda.

There is going to be a Captain Marvel Movie based off Ms Marvel in the upcomming marvel cinematic universe.

-----

Now the Kree are mostly Pink Based aliens but they are originally Blue Based aliens. The Blue Based aliens are the "original" stuff before they started messing with their own genetics trying to cause their own advancement.

The Pink Based Kree are the ones that occur after they started incorporating other alien DNA into themselves such as Human Based DNA. Note that the Pink Based Kree are now more numerous than the Blue Based Kree yet the Blue Based Kree hold most of the power and run things with the Kree empire.

-----

Note all this genetic manipulation and hidden genes like the X gene or the Inhuman gene is supposedly why people Bruce Banner or the Fantastic Four were not instantly killed when exposed to some form of radiation of various types and instead gain superpowers

-----

Now one of those Human Externals has been introduced to the Marvel Cineamatic Universe already. It is the mad titan Thanos (big bad that is going to be part of the Infinity Guantlet arc). Thanos has vast psionic powers and is much more powerful than Thor (Thanos reguarly goes toe to toe with Thor's stronger daddy Odin), Thanos though is unique where he has both his External bloodline but is also a "mutant" (aka he has something that is the X gene or is similar to the X gene) and thus his powers are much greater than most Externals.

Oh Thanos is also crazy.

-----

Another villian tied to all of this is the villian Apocalypse, Apocalypse is a mutant with the x-gene but due to time travel shenanigans is exposed to Celestials (those big giant robots that are measured in miles tall) and now sees himself as an agent of the Celestials with his goal to advance human kinds mutation and wipe out all other humans besides the most advanced species.

mace1
2017-09-29, 12:33 PM
That's misleading because a lot of Latino people are white, and if you include them whites make up over 3/4ths of the US population.

And also because the US had a higher percentage of white people back then.

Even if you include the white latinos of america the white america population would be around less 65% of the population.

mace1
2017-09-29, 12:36 PM
Well, most comic characters are white as most readers are white and that just goes along. It's is rare to see other races in comics, so the whites get to be half alien too.

I guess you could count the silly teen girl (Muslim) Ms. Marvel as a non white half Alien....

This is not true if you talking about america.
There are plenty of poc characters in comics.

DC,MARVEL are highly diverse for example even if most of the characters shown the most times are white.

mace1
2017-09-29, 12:39 PM

Whites in america are majority but i will not say its overwhelmingly white and varied types of media in america has gone more diverse overtime.

mace1
2017-09-29, 12:59 PM
This is, of course, complicated by the fact that a lot of comics characters date back to the 60s and early 70s, in which it was just generally difficult to get any non-white characters onto the page who weren't broad racial stereotypes. Since most of them endured, crowding out the field, comics have progressed more slowly than some forms of media.

I disagree about what you say about comics progessed slowly and enduring stereotypes if that's what you are saying.
In fact the mainstream comics in the u.s are more diverse and have less stereotypes and progress faster then other mainstream u.s. media.
I would say comicbook tv shows more diverse then comicbook movies as well but movies are.

In fact i don't see racial stereotypes in today's mainstream comics if are talking about dc,marvel,image etc..

Anyway that's all i have to say about this and some of my other replies in this thread.
Bye.

lt_murgen
2017-09-29, 01:49 PM
Now a few hundrends of thousands of years ago the Kree another similar species to Humans due to their shared Xorrians template came to earth. Their species was rarely changing from an evolutionary standpoint even though they have awesome superpowers already. They were fighting another Xorrian based rase the Skrulls. They learned of the celestials genetic tinkering of all three races and they noticed Humans were evolving and the Kree were not.

So they sought to experiment on humans and after learning from the human experiments eventually to experiment on themselves.....

There has been some speculation on other sites that you could go back to this event as the source of the half-alien / half-caucasian template. If their landing place / laboratory was in Europe, the majority of the tinkering would have occured with local subjects. A couple hundred thousand years and some genetically altered would be everywhere, but most would be European ancestry. Granted, it would have to be closer to 40-50,000 years ago instead of hundreds of thousands of years ago.

Friv
2017-09-29, 03:39 PM
I disagree about what you say about comics progessed slowly and enduring stereotypes if that's what you are saying.
In fact the mainstream comics in the u.s are more diverse and have less stereotypes and progress faster then other mainstream u.s. media.
I would say comicbook tv shows more diverse then comicbook movies as well but movies are.

In fact i don't see racial stereotypes in today's mainstream comics if are talking about dc,marvel,image etc..

Anyway that's all i have to say about this and some of my other replies in this thread.
Bye.

Kind of weird of you to bring back a thread that's more than a year and a half old in order to disagree with a bunch of people and then say bye, but okay, I guess.

Tyndmyr
2017-09-29, 05:18 PM
And you forgot about the "bastard" part since Marvel also tend to make them as "my dad left when my mom was pregnant with her" that is pretty much their default origins. I mean ignoring the white part, it seems that humans and aliens does not seem to have committed relationship and more of unfortunate result of booty call.

I don't think that's so much an alien thing as it is a superhero thing in general. Very, very few superheroes have two well adjusted parents who are still around. Instead, it's orphans, broken families and messy backstories as far as the eye can see. Being the parent of a superhero is not a job with much of a future in it.

Edit: Crap, didn't realize this was a necro. Eh, will leave it here in case anyone wants to chat about orphaned superheroes, but I suppose the original folks are long gone.