PDA

View Full Version : (not spam) Introduce yourself to vegetables, specially fruit and fresh ingredients

goto124
2016-02-25, 10:52 AM
Has anyone played a vegetable as a PC?

No, not the vegetative state - literal vegetables such as cabbages, leeks, and tomatoes. Walking, talking vegetables that may or may not eat themselves.

Or a town full of funny vegetables, perhaps in an unofficial 'war' against a town of funny fruits.

Or entire races of vegetables.

Or animated vegetables.

Any veg?

WarKitty
2016-02-25, 11:02 AM
Now I need to introduce undead vegetables into my game.

The Glyphstone
2016-02-25, 11:33 AM
Now I need to introduce undead vegetables into my game.

The Celery Stalks At Midnight?

Segev
2016-02-25, 11:37 AM
Do mushrooms count? Myconoids are valid NPCs; I contemplated a Myconoid PC at one point (though never really hashed out mechanics I was happy with).

JoeJ
2016-02-25, 11:37 AM
Veggie Tales, the RPG!

Madbox
2016-02-25, 12:23 PM
No, but now I have to. Could be an adventure hook, too. A treant discovers that it can animate plants other than trees, gets tired of its children getting eaten by people.

Segev
2016-02-25, 12:26 PM
Hah. The villains are horrific vegan elves!

noob
2016-02-25, 12:31 PM
I agree: elves are cannibals: if you want to do no cannibalism you should use a spell to remove the effects of starvation instead of eating.

Segev
2016-02-25, 12:35 PM
I agree: elves are cannibals: if you want to do no cannibalism you should use a spell to remove the effects of starvation instead of eating.

Tut, tut. Nobody ever said elves eat other elves. "Cannibal" is a tricky term in a setting with more than one sapient species. ;)

Drynwyn
2016-02-25, 12:39 PM
Tut, tut. Nobody ever said elves eat other elves. "Cannibal" is a tricky term in a setting with more than one sapient species. ;)
I believe "Sapiovore" would be the term to use.

YossarianLives
2016-02-25, 12:43 PM
When I was 9, I played a free-form RPG with almost no rules with some friends. My first character was a carrot wizard. How this came about was never explained in-game

Strigon
2016-02-25, 12:55 PM
Do mushrooms count? Myconoids are valid NPCs; I contemplated a Myconoid PC at one point (though never really hashed out mechanics I was happy with).

Too bad; sounds like he could have been a fun guy!
I hate myself.

nedz
2016-02-25, 01:07 PM
Do Shambling Mounds count ?

They're more of a walking compost heap - so it's a bit like playing a character made out of vegetable peelings.

SpoonR
2016-02-25, 04:32 PM
Gamma World had mutated sentient plants. If they looked too plantlike robots would chase them with lawnmowers.

Talakeal
2016-02-25, 04:36 PM
The Celery Stalks At Midnight?

You know, its been almost three decades since I read that book, and I just now got the pun.

Florian
2016-02-25, 05:15 PM
Oh, thank you very much. Now I´ve the tune of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" stuck in my mind...

Mith
2016-02-25, 08:01 PM
When I was 9, I played a free-form RPG with almost no rules with some friends. My first character was a carrot wizard. How this came about was never explained in-game

Did he wear a wizard hat on his head, or as pants? Or did he not have a hat?

cobaltstarfire
2016-02-25, 08:25 PM
If they're anything like pikmin I'd quickly go in the other direction.

Sure they're cute and all, but then you die and they feed you to their onion, which for whatever reason just creeps me right out.

Mith
2016-02-25, 08:29 PM
Someone was writing up a Pikmin Captain class for 3.5. My response was that this makes a really handy way to get rid of trolls, let alone a really good way to just deal with any corpses you happen upon.

Squibsallotl
2016-02-25, 09:15 PM
The closest I've ever got is an encounter with a Calzone golem. We defeated it by eating it.

YossarianLives
2016-02-25, 10:29 PM
Did he wear a wizard hat on his head, or as pants? Or did he not have a hat?
He had a conical hat and a staff. How he held said staff is a mystery.

On another note, his first action within the game was to walk into a tavern and order a glass of beet-juice. At the time I was convinced that carrots and beets had an ancient and bloodthirsty fued.

goto124
2016-02-25, 11:22 PM
The closest I've ever got is an encounter with a Calzone golem. We defeated it by eating it.

Did the GM make a Calzone miniature to represent the Calzone golem? Did you and your friends eat it IRL? :smallbiggrin:

Milo v3
2016-02-28, 09:52 PM
I once had the Dandelion King, an awakened dandelion warlock. He liked setting non-dandelion vegetation on fire.

Alex12
2016-02-29, 06:48 PM
Too bad; sounds like he could have been a fun guy!
I hate myself.

You. I hate you right now.

Strigon
2016-02-29, 07:47 PM
You. I hate you right now.

Just when I was starting to wonder if I had gotten away with it...

Graypairofsocks
2016-03-01, 12:28 AM

This is an actual monster in D&D.

Vizzerdrix
2016-03-01, 02:10 PM
My first rifts character was a psychic houseplant that had turned its plant pot into a little mech. Does that count?

Segev
2016-03-01, 02:37 PM
My first rifts character was a psychic houseplant that had turned its plant pot into a little mech. Does that count?

Was that a custom RCC/OCC, or is that something they actually wrote up?

Vizzerdrix
2016-03-01, 04:35 PM
Custom. One of the more experianced players knocked something together for me after him and the gm claimed it was a system where I could play anything I could think of.

Âmesang
2016-03-01, 05:35 PM
So who would make the better BBEG? Bunnicula or Count Duckula?

"It's Pizza the Hutt!"

goto124
2016-03-02, 01:41 AM

A now-discontinued game called LevynLight had a similar creature called the Mobile Fern (http://levynlight.wikia.com/wiki/Mobile_Fern). The description given by the game is:

Long ago, a New Feron gardener got so fed up with having her plants wither and die due to lack of sunlight that she fitted mechanical legs to them so that they could scuttle about and find it themselves.

Unfortunately, she did not comprehend that all plants possess incredible intelligence, and with their newly gained mobility, they promptly escaped out the nearest greenhouse window to explore the world.

Apparently, all plants possess incredible intelligence. Not even magical plants, but every single plant out there in the world like it's some scientific fact everyone should know already.

So who would make the better BBEG? Bunnicula or Count Duckula?

Count Duckula! Bunnicula doesn't even have a real cape that flutters in the wind.

"It's Pizza the Hutt!"

I suppose Hutt might've eaten a lot of pizza...