PDA

View Full Version : Steam Names in the playground.

Penguinizer
2007-06-18, 07:55 AM
I was wondering what the steam names of any playgrounders that have them. So that we can play a couple of friendly games.

Mine is: penguinizer510

Ranis
2007-06-18, 08:01 AM
...steam names?

Sereneprophet
2007-06-18, 08:03 AM
As in Steam, the program Half Life 2 runs out of among other games like Counter Strike, Red Orchestra, Day of Defeat, Etc, etc, etc, etc, etc.

airgenasi is mine. Or at least thats the account name...I unno.

Setra
2007-06-18, 08:41 AM
setrakakan

NEO|Phyte
2007-06-18, 10:28 AM
dongonongovonganong here. I currently don't really play any Steam games much, but I'm logged into steam pretty much 24/7.

Penguinizer
2007-06-18, 10:31 AM
heh, sorry for rejecting you :P

accident.

whoops nvm.

Maldraugedhen
2007-06-18, 10:33 AM
Shocking surprise twist here: Maldraugedhen.

Setra
2007-06-18, 10:53 AM
What games does everyone have?

I have:
CS
CSS
HL2: Deathmatch
HL Deathmatch Source
PVK2
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress Classic
Ricochet
and Opposing Force

Though I don't really play most of them.

Edit: Added people

Penguinizer
2007-06-18, 11:00 AM
I got DoD, HL deathmatch, and CS:S.

NEO|Phyte
2007-06-18, 11:15 AM
What games does everyone have?

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9861/steamcv6.jpg
I only have the demo for DEFCON, Tankefugl's blink mod is just a small proof-of-concept mod that is basicly HLDM where the crowbar has a rather fun alternate 'attack' that consists of high-speed locomotion complete with visual effects, and Natural Selection (http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns/) is a fun team-based marines vs. aliens FPS/RTS hybrid thing.

Mysticaloctopus
2007-06-18, 11:59 AM
Mysticaloctopus here, it's my name everywhere. Except for Warcraft III, I've gone by the name Cthooloo for some time there. On steam I play CS:S and SourceForts.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-18, 01:24 PM
Added everyone on the list, my account name is Apelord69. Maybe we could sort out a multiplayer thing on there, my multiplayer games are Css, G-mod 10 and HL2DM (anyone got any sudgestions of other good multiplayer games?). Althoguh I am ashamedly abysmal at all of those ...

Maldraugedhen
2007-06-18, 01:31 PM
BrainBread's good for awhile. Sourceforts is another good multiplayer. I've heard good things about Pirates, Vikings, and Knights, but I can't seem to get it to run correctly, so dunno there. Eternal Silence has, appropriately enough, nothing but empty servers anymore, but was fun when people played it. Natural Selection suffers from the same problem CS and Team Fortress does--people who play it have played it since the stone age, and trying to get started usually results in a KtD of something like 1:49. Dystopia has a more mild case of the same, but it's fun anyway. And my little brother still keeps trying to ring me into Sven Coop games.

Mysticaloctopus
2007-06-18, 02:03 PM
Pirates, Vikings and Knights 2 I've got installed, but servers are often quite empty when I take a look, and I must confess I just have this way of being terrible at it, too.

Bryn
2007-06-18, 02:15 PM
Z-Axis is the name I go by, unless it goes by the Steam login name, in which case I'd rather not say.

My games
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/4052/steamgameskd5.png
Although Day of Defeat: Source is on the list, I only had a 3-day trial of it which has expired.

Neon Knight
2007-06-18, 02:24 PM
I use two names: sgtgrif and red_ivan.

Games I have:
CSS
GMOD (9 and Retail)
HL2
HL2: LS
HL2: EP1
HL:S
SMOD: Remastered Redux V5.5 Beta
Hidden: Source Beta 4
Zombie Master Beta 1.1.1
Red Orchestra

I only use red_ivan to play Red Orchestra.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-18, 02:37 PM
Maybe we could make a Giantitp server on these games? (althoguh I am happy with the server I use atm we could have 1 off battles there) (Also I don't know how to make servers)

NEO|Phyte
2007-06-18, 02:55 PM
Z-Axis is the name I go by, unless it goes by the Steam login name, in which case I'd rather not say.

adding a friend does indeed work by the account name.

:edit: hmm, a GiantITP server... It'd be fun, but we'd need to come to a consensus on what to put on it, and we'd also need a server (unless you mean just throwing up a listen server if enough of us are in the mood for X game)

Setra
2007-06-18, 02:56 PM
Maybe we could make a Giantitp server on these games? (althoguh I am happy with the server I use atm we could have 1 off battles there) (Also I don't know how to make servers)
Doesn't it cost money to make a server? I never was too sure about how it worked, honestly.

If nothing else I might just put [GitP] in front of my name. :smalltongue:

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-18, 02:58 PM
I Dont play Steam games.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-18, 03:13 PM
adding a friend does indeed work by the account name.

:edit: hmm, a GiantITP server... It'd be fun, but we'd need to come to a consensus on what to put on it, and we'd also need a server (unless you mean just throwing up a listen server if enough of us are in the mood for X game)

Somone should be made Admins, and then they decide what goes in the server (may I sudgest the betting systeym)

I Dont play Steam games.

Then why post here?

Doesn't it cost money to make a server? I never was too sure about how it worked, honestly.

If nothing else I might just put [GitP] in front of my name. :smalltongue:

Good Idea about the [GitP], my freind made a server (althoguh as I said we had no clue what to fo once we were on it (eg add bots, change maps, add betting systeym etc))

NEO|Phyte
2007-06-18, 03:23 PM
Somone should be made Admins, and then they decide what goes in the server (may I sudgest the betting systeym)

Good Idea about the [GitP], my freind made a server (althoguh as I said we had no clue what to fo once we were on it (eg add bots, change maps, add betting systeym etc))
Thinking about it, another possible issue with having a full-on dedicated server is that I have no clue if you can be logged into steam on the same account in multiple places. As for actually running a server, the ingame commands could be handled through RCON/AMX/Adminmod, but we'd first need to get the server up and running. (RCON comes with the game, lets you remotely throw commands at the server console, AMX/adminmod need to be set up and configured seperately)The configuration of the server itself would require FTP access to the server, which is NOT something to be handed out lightly, as the only thing with more power to boop up the server is having direct physical access to it. While changing maps and such can be handled through a voting/betting system, actually changing what game the server is running would require someone with FTP access to close the server and start it back up with the new game.

tl;dr version: A dedicated server is a hassle, so unless we are REALLY dedicated to having one, lets not. If we want a server with only us on it, a listen server would be more than adequate, maybe with some bells and whistles attached for things like a voting system.

:edit: thinking about it, the diverse locations of us playgrounders is another strike against a dedicated server, as wherever it ends up, SOMEONE will be halfway around the world from it, and thus be stuck with a high ping.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-18, 03:34 PM
Dont quite understand what you said ... but I think I get the gist of it. What you were sudgesting seems good, maybe all we need ia a server that we all go on when we want to play together (for example my freinds and I play on Muppet Central).

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-18, 03:52 PM
My Steam name is Meagre, though the only game I have is Dark Messiah.

BanjoTheClown
2007-06-18, 03:55 PM
Then why post here?

Well i didnt know what Steam Games were. But now i do.:smallconfused:

Setra
2007-06-18, 05:37 PM
Well i didnt know what Steam Games were. But now i do.:smallconfused:
If you have a Radion Videocard you can get.. I think Half Life 2 Deathmatch for free.

http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/

Maestro
2007-06-20, 02:18 PM
hey peoples!

I have steam too, I belive that it is xiolintreemonk but I will add youall anyway so no biggy!

Maestro

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-20, 02:22 PM
My Steam name is Meagre, though the only game I have is Dark Messiah.

How good is that? I have the demo version which is OK, however there are some bits which I think would work better in the real game than in the demo.

Captain van der Decken
2007-06-20, 02:33 PM
Pretty good, I'd say. Though I did have some problems with it crashing. And a lot of problems in the penultimate chapter. The multiplayer, though, works just fine.

The close-combat fighting is great, with the hacking off limbs and whatnot. Backstabbing and sneaking is also very fun. Kicking's a bit overused, but a fun mechanism. There are an unusal amount of spiky things propped up against walls.

The only thing that I really hated were the giant spiders. I do not like spiders.

Worth the buy, at any rate.

Edit: After playing the Half-Life 2 Demo, I think I'll buy it. That gravity gun is fun.

Penguinizer
2007-06-20, 02:52 PM
Does anyone find it saddly hilarious to run a server with sv_cheats set to 1. And terrorise any comers :D

Me and my friend did. We were running around with infinite health and noclip. Knifing everyone XD

(my friend was hosting the server)

Mc. Lovin'
2007-06-20, 03:11 PM
Does anyone find it saddly hilarious to run a server with sv_cheats set to 1. And terrorise any comers :D

Me and my friend did. We were running around with infinite health and noclip. Knifing everyone XD

(my friend was hosting the server)

Sounds like fun! what server is this?

Maldraugedhen
2007-06-20, 03:32 PM
I've got Dark Messiah, too, and I found that when the designers were setting up levels and enemies, they weren't thinking about archers. It's either ridiculously easy to play an archer (like in the undead sections--shoot at the neck for beheading) or ridiculously hard. It was still fun, though. Those freaking hovering electric things were irritating, though, except as a warrior build, when they were just weak.

Deimos
2007-06-21, 12:37 PM
My account is Deimos1331

I have Darkmessiah too.

Jacob_Gallagher
2007-06-22, 04:01 PM
communisttiki here, and I play Zombie Master and CS:S Zombie Mod mostly. In-game name is catbarf, or {WoH} catbarf in CS:S.

Setra
2007-06-22, 04:54 PM
I've learned something.

Zombie Mods and Surf Maps dull my skills.

Bryn
2007-08-11, 01:33 PM
I hope nobody minds the bump, but I have created a GiantITP group on the new Steam Community beta. I've invited every GiantITP member I have on my friends list, and since I might not be particularly active I'll be happy to bestow adminship on anyone who wants it. If you haven't received an invite, please tell me so I can send one.

I'm not quite sure how this will benefit us, but it seems like a good thing to do anyway :smallamused:

Mc. Lovin'
2007-08-12, 04:09 AM
I received an invite from someone but when I accepted it failed ...
I think it was from '[untitled]' or something like that. Anyway I do want to be in this group thing

Archonic Energy
2007-08-12, 05:30 AM
archonic_energy & draconic_energy
(it's always handy having a spare copy of HL2:smallwink: )

Bryn
2007-08-12, 05:58 AM
Ah, to join the group you have to join the Steam Community beta. In the main Steam window, go File>>Settings. A window will pop up, and about halfway down is 'beta participation. Click change, and join the Steam Community beta. :smallwink:

Jinura
2007-08-12, 06:55 AM
Quess the names Jinura i use it everywhere and if not i use Yamere... Only got Dark messiah of might and magic hl1 source, hl2, hl2 dm.

Stormzen
2007-08-12, 06:15 PM
My Steam name is Stormzen, and the only games I have are HL2 and HL2:DM.
Don't expect to see me around until I get HL2 and Steam installed on my new computer.

Mc. Lovin'
2007-08-13, 04:27 AM
I have joined the steam community thing, but I dont know how to change my avatar, any hints? :smallbiggrin:

BrokenButterfly
2007-08-13, 06:21 PM
Well I used to play CS:S quite a lot, but I've not been on for some time. I'm pretty certain that when Team Fortress 2 and Left 4 Dead are up and running I'm definitely going to be playing more via Steam.

I tend to go by either BrokenButterfly or iCHor in online games.

Sephiroth
2007-08-13, 06:34 PM
iwas about ot make this meself but meh

kain _sephiroth
games i have
CSS
DODS
HL2
Gmod 10 (11 i think now new update)
Hl2 loast cost
and Hl2 deathmatch

and i tryin g to get DOW gold but it keep on being busy for me <>__<>

Mc. Lovin'
2007-08-14, 06:07 AM
Ok guys, figured out the avatar thing by myself, thanks >.>

Now here’s a new question :smallbiggrin: when I play source Forts since I got the beta I can never talk to my friends while playing, any hints?