PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Opinion Seeking: Daelkyr as Qlippoth

Xuldarinar
2016-02-25, 06:16 PM
Be it of eventual use in my campaign, or simply an inclusion in the general pathfinder setting, I thought of something as the title and figured I would present it to see what people think.

How well would Daelkyr fit in Pathfinder's setting, with only slight statistical and flavor adjustment (Alignment, subtype, and such), as a form of qlippoth? Also, what implications would such a thing bring, if any?

Coidzor
2016-02-25, 07:11 PM
Well, you open up a potential origin story for humans.

Also, well, some of this fun stuff without the BDSM stuff of Kytons: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?323220-Creepiness-in-the-Daelkyr-Half-Blood-race

Xuldarinar
2016-02-26, 10:51 AM
Well, you open up a potential origin story for humans.

Also, well, some of this fun stuff without the BDSM stuff of Kytons: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?323220-Creepiness-in-the-Daelkyr-Half-Blood-race

I remember that discussion. It was a fun one.. And now I feel inspired. I have converted the Daelkyr to qlippoth over in the home-brew thread, using someone else's update of the daelkyr as a base, and here:

"A race among the myriad of qlippoth, the daelkyr are the most prone to meddling, and ultimately are responsible for the plight faced by their kin. For while life may have long existed, it is they who are responsible for the sapient, spreading throughout creation creatures of form harkening back to their own. In time this may have ultimately given rise to daemon-kind, and in turn the rise of demon-kind followed.

In the face of the plague of mortal souls upon the abyss's landscape, the qlippoth have While most qlippoth turned to seek the destruction of all mortal life, the daelkyr's quest to pervert life has been given new purpose; To warp life to such an extreme that it breaks the cycle, and to allow their spawn to permanently remove that which refuses to change."

Coidzor
2016-02-26, 10:52 PM
"A race among the myriad of qlippoth, the daelkyr are the most prone to meddling, and ultimately are responsible for the plight faced by their kin. For while life may have long existed, it is they who are responsible for the sapient, spreading throughout creation creatures of form harkening back to their own. In time this may have ultimately given rise to daemon-kind, and in turn the rise of demon-kind followed.

In the face of the plague of mortal souls upon the abyss's landscape, the qlippoth have While most qlippoth turned to seek the destruction of all mortal life, the daelkyr's quest to pervert life has been given new purpose; To warp life to such an extreme that it breaks the cycle, and to allow their spawn to permanently remove that which refuses to change."

Very nice!