PDA

View Full Version : Phane help

Belzyk
2016-02-26, 08:44 AM
So I am trying to turn the phane into a monster class like on brilliantgameologists.com but I'm having trouble. I've looked at alot of the monster classes people made but still can't seem to do it. Is there anyone who could turn the phane into a class for me?

Belzyk
2016-02-26, 10:32 AM
Anyone able to help? I figured I'd ask here before in homebrew

OldTrees1
2016-02-26, 11:26 AM
Well the basics of the monster class (HD, skills, BAB, saves) are easy enough but it has 36HD, CR 25, and all of its features (excepting the Standard Action ranged damage) are really high level stuff. To make matters worse 2 of those abilities(Time Regression and Summon Past Time Duplicate) are much more valuable for PCs than for monsters.

A direct monster class conversion is unlikely to work. I suggest instead creating a monster class from scratch with new level appropriate abilities that approximate what you wanted from a Phane. (Obviously this requires knowing what you wanted from a Phane)

Belzyk
2016-02-26, 04:09 PM
Thank you for the reply. I was just curious if someone would be able to cover it because the site I mentioned had the Xixical or whatever and the gloom both converted

Belzyk
2016-02-26, 04:47 PM
What I wanted was a creature outta space and time that is a abomination. Who to some extent can manipulate time. Not as much as the phane but still able to do stuff like that.

OldTrees1
2016-02-26, 04:52 PM
Thank you for the reply. I was just curious if someone would be able to cover it because the site I mentioned had the Xixical or whatever and the gloom both converted

Ah. As you can see with the Xixical "conversion" it was less a conversion and more a new, yet similar, creature.

Step 1: Put down the basics (Outsider monster class race + gaining the Abomination subtype traits as they level)

Step 2: Identify the lowest level you can place the weakest variation of each of the existing Phane abilities.

Step 3: Place those weakest variations and then also place the points they improve.

Step 4: Make up new abilities until each level has 1 level's worth of abilities

Personally I don't have the skill/creativity/time to do those steps but someone else might.

Belzyk
2016-02-26, 05:17 PM
Ah. As you can see with the Xixical "conversion" it was less a conversion and more a new, yet similar, creature.

Step 1: Put down the basics (Outsider monster class race + gaining the Abomination subtype traits as they level)

Step 2: Identify the lowest level you can place the weakest variation of each of the existing Phane abilities.

Step 3: Place those weakest variations and then also place the points they improve.

Step 4: Make up new abilities until each level has 1 level's worth of abilities

Personally I don't have the skill/creativity/time to do those steps but someone else might.

Thank you so much I'll try myself and give a outline here when I'm done to see how it looks and see how people think.