PDA

View Full Version : Re-jiggering Mythic Rules :)

ngilop
2016-02-26, 11:57 AM
Hey everybody,

I have looked at the Mythic rules from Pathfinder and, well found them lacking.

I was disappointed in the fact that there are some Mythic path abilities that one would never ever take, why get arcane surge when you can wild arcana?

Why ever be a Guardian in the first place when you can just be a Champion and kill things dead faster than they can hurt you?

I know most of the imbalances here is the whole paizo caster fanboy stance.

But I got to thinking.. can I do better.. Hell if those one guy can re-slap and do a crappy tome of battle and completey ruin anything remotely good about it and make every body fall in love.. then I could at least break even? Is what I thought to myself, at least.

But I found myself working on the new Mythic rules that I was actually doing a backward conversion to 3rd ed. *shrug* oh well I can deal with that.

My biggest issue I have so far is.. Only 6 paths.. That does not seem too good considering there are probably scores of different playstyles.

So I come to this board, what are some more paths you could think of. Off the top of my head I think there is room for 2 or even 3 more to give a wide enough base to cover everything.

Also, any suggestions on how ^you^ would fix some of the innate problems with mythic would be cool as well.

:::NOTE::: I have changed it enough to be a little different than what you would expect. In my own campaign world fate and destiny play a large part in what goes on or what does not go on. So instead of being called mythic heroes they are 'Fated' and instead of Mythic Paths they are Paths of Destiny.

Seems more appropriate to me at least, makes more sense to me why mythic heroes are so hard to kill, and why that's not completely so against other mythic creatures.

ngilop
2016-03-01, 11:25 AM
Ok so I created one type of Mythic path Dark Avenger.. sort of like batman I guess since that is the most easily recognized.

Thought of another couple that I want.

the Warden and make is a sort of caster/warrior hybrid focused Path.

and the Stalker ( I totally think there is a better name for this) that is a more subtle combatant role for rogue like characters as opposed to the tricksters who kinda seems like a dabbler to me.

dascarletm
2016-03-01, 01:28 PM
But I got to thinking.. can I do better.. Hell if those one guy can re-slap and do a crappy tome of battle and completey ruin anything remotely good about it and make every body fall in love.. then I could at least break even? Is what I thought to myself, at least.

This seems like an unnecessary shot at DSP.

Khosan
2016-03-01, 02:19 PM
Why ever be a Guardian in the first place when you can just be a Champion and kill things dead faster than they can hurt you?

Guardians can tank pretty well, but I feel like they're more effective when aiming for battlefield control. A Champion can take out enemies extremely quickly, while a Guardian can force all enemies within their threatened area to stand still.