PDA

View Full Version : List of (Monk) weapons and where to find them?

Albions_Angel
2016-02-27, 05:43 AM
Hi all

So is there a list of weapons and the books they are in anywhere? Particularly mundane weapons. I know there are lists of classes, races, templates, even spells, all legally obtainable (as they only give the name and location of the item), but I have never seen a weapon list.

In particular, I am looking for monk weapons for some enemies I am making. I want to showcase the range of monk styles in 3.5 (from tripping to disarming, monks can actually be VERY effective in low op games).

I saw arms and equipment guide ADDS some monk weapons (re-adding Sai for some inconceivable reason, as though its a brand new weapon) but it never has a full list of weapons, or at least it doesnt look like it. I know racial weapons are added in the "races" books. Anyone know?

MisterKaws
2016-02-27, 09:06 AM
AEG is 3.0 material, so I guess Sai didn't exist back then.

As for Monk weapons, any weapon can potentially be a monk weapon, via Unorthodox Flurry, which makes a single light weapon a monk weapon, and Aptitude Weapon, which allows weapon-specific feats to be used with any weapon.

On a side note, this is also the basis of the best sniper build in the game, using Decisive strike and Eternal Blade's Island in Time, coupled with Time Stands Still, Raging Mongoose and Belt of Battle to make a ridiculous amount of ranged attacks with no limit other than the bow's range and with a X2 multiplier to all, and potentially a higher modifier in exchange for some attacks, doing multiple decisive strikes.