PDA

View Full Version : Using Control Temperature to have Burning Heat 20hours a day is it viable?

Zephonim
2016-02-27, 10:35 PM
I am a Walker in the waste so it's always hot within 20 feet of me. Combined with control temperature boosted to cl 20 I can create Burning Heat for 20 hours a day.

So... if I use Endure elements on my allies they should be long as fine as they don't spend 60(10 minutes) rounds within 20 feet of me right? After that they would take the 3d10 fire damage and the heat metal effect for 1 round right?

I plan on using a Bead of Karma(crafted) and a Ankh to boost my cl to +10 (GM also gave me a Collar of Sorcery +2 to cl)

Also what the hell happens once I get Greater Drought and it's always severe heat. The temperature band would go above Burning so I guess progress to like burning paper or something?

soldersbushwack
2016-02-27, 11:02 PM
Sounds neat. It'd also be a good idea for a BBEG (think a creature of pure evil that brings the burning heat of destruction everywhere it goes.) But it'd be even better if the temperature change extended to a very large distance outward. I wonder what the most optimal build for environmental devastation would be? Sort of the reverse of the saving Athas optimization threads?

erok0809
2016-02-28, 01:23 AM
Sounds neat. It'd also be a good idea for a BBEG (think a creature of pure evil that brings the burning heat of destruction everywhere it goes.) But it'd be even better if the temperature change extended to a very large distance outward. I wonder what the most optimal build for environmental devastation would be? Sort of the reverse of the saving Athas optimization threads?

Check this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?361628-Collateral-Damage-Man) out for environmental destruction, some of the ideas there are loads of fun for collateral damage.

As for the OP, I think Burning Heat is the highest it can actually go, without homebrewing rules for what happens at even higher temperatures, like damage-wise and stuff.

Zephonim
2016-02-28, 03:37 PM

Once i am 9th level in Walker in the Waste my Severe heat extends 100 feet

COLLATERAL DAMAGE MAN