PDA

View Full Version : Guns in D&D

Ruethgar
2016-02-28, 01:18 PM
This is driving me mad, I was scanning through a Dragon Magazine the other day and saw a list of futuristic weapons including bio-tech elven weapons and normal guns and such, but now I can't find the article for the life of me. I know it is a long shot, but anyone have any ideas on what the issue might be?

Necroticplague
2016-02-28, 01:28 PM
This is driving me mad, I was scanning through a Dragon Magazine the other day and saw a list of futuristic weapons including bio-tech elven weapons and normal guns and such, but now I can't find the article for the life of me. I know it is a long shot, but anyone have any ideas on what the issue might be?

Don't know about Dragon, but the DMG actually has a section on some futuristic weapons. "Futuristic" from the sense of middle-ages, so it covers from flintlock pistols to gravity rifles.

Ruethgar
2016-02-28, 01:50 PM
I know of those, and the ones in #322, but this article had one in particular that I want to find the details for. An elven bio-tech weapon I believe was called a Soulbow that dealt 1d20 damage and had only an RP cost.

ShurikVch
2016-02-28, 02:12 PM
"Greyhawk 2000" article, #277

ThinkMinty
2016-02-28, 02:13 PM
Guns in D&D are as old as early 1st edition. Murlynd, the White Paladin and his paladins (and clerics) can sling guns in Greyhawk.

As for guns in 3e, you could try converting them from d20 modern, or refluffing (or just using) crossbows. Alternatively, a Wand of Magic Missile can serve as a functional equivalent.

Additionally, Pathfinder has numerous firearms and recommendations for their implementation in campaigns, as laid out below:
Firearms (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms): General rules for firearms.
Modern firearms (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/equipment---final/weapons/firearms/modern-firearms): Early 20th century Russian firearms from the Reign of Winter adventure path.

frogglesmash
2016-02-28, 04:26 PM
I mean, if you're hankering for some modern/futuristic weapons, d20 Modern/Future have all the firearms you'd ever want and if that's not enough Weapons locker covers just about every real world firearm you could think of while Future Tech covers a few sci-fi weapons you might not have thought of.

Bohandas
2016-02-28, 07:25 PM
Guns in D&D are as old as early 1st edition. Murlynd, the White Paladin and his paladins (and clerics) can sling guns in Greyhawk.

on that note, Dragon #306 had an article on paladin orders, including the White Paladins, and included a feat that allows the production of firearms in otherwise pre-firearms settings.

Ruethgar
2016-02-29, 06:36 AM
Thank you for the information, it was the #277 article that I was looking for, but I will keep the others in mind.