PDA

View Full Version : What would an average person do if they suddenly became a high-level spellcaster?

lelrekt2142
2016-02-28, 10:05 PM
One of the major NPCs in my upcoming game is a previously ordinary person who has recently been imbued with the immense arcane power of a forgotten archfiend. She lives as a middle-class resident of a relatively civilized human kingdom, and is somewhere from late teens to 20s. I haven't quite fleshed out her backstory and motivations yet. She doesn't fully realize the extent of her powers yet, and certainly doesn't know the origin, but knows that they are somewhat fiendish in nature, and absolutely knows she has mind control.

Only a few people know about her powers, and they will try to manipulate her into using this power for their own purposes. Most people do know that some power has risen, though, and a small cult has formed. There are also clerics and paladins who believe that she will be corrupted by the fiendish nature of her powers (which she won't, at least not through magical alignment change).

To give an idea of the power level, this is a Pathfinder game, and I took the succubus monster (remember, her powers are fiendish, and she specializes in enchantment), added 20 levels of eldritch godling (a spontaneous caster somewhat similar to a sorcerer) and mythic tier 10, along with plenty of magic items that I'm flavoring as innate abilities. Her final ability scores are 19, 22, 24, 24, 22, 50). She's is particularly talented with charms and polymorph (both self and baleful).

So, how would this character react to becoming one of the most powerful beings on the continent? How would her personality change if she discovered that her commands were invariably followed, and that she could conjure fireballs and balefully polymorph the population of an entire city? Bonus points if you say the outcome for each different alignment (I haven't decided yet, but it probably won't be lawful).

Also, how do you think the players will approach her, depending on whether or not they knew about her powers? They are level 10.

EDIT: I guess some of you guys wanted an exact power level, so here's her character sheet on Myth-Weavers: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=733359

AMFV
2016-02-28, 10:07 PM
What is she like? You've given us her social standing, but not her personality, which is the main thing that will determine how she will react. What scenarios is she confronted with? Is she generally ethical? Does she worship Gods that she believes would disapprove of the fiendish origin of her powers? Is she pious? Is she vindictive, spiteful, greedy, self-serving? What she is like is going to determine practically everything, her background and standing less than that.

Squibsallotl
2016-02-28, 10:22 PM
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." ~ John Dalberg-Acton

Sudden, un-earned power would tempt all but the most virtuous, humble individual. They would almost certainly use the power to fulfil any and all of their own desires and ambitions, and would risk losing themselves in the spiral of narcissism.

The whole concept of warlock pacts with devils is based around this idea.

Esprit15
2016-02-28, 10:25 PM
Something stupid, I'm sure.

But yeah, we don't know anything about her personality. What I would do and what my neighbor would do are totally different things despite similar social standing.

goto124
2016-02-28, 10:32 PM
Wait, mind control? That would be really useful. Start off with petty things - 'gently' asking someone to give you chocolate raspberry pie, for example.

AMFV
2016-02-28, 11:28 PM
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Great men are almost always bad men." ~ John Dalberg-Acton

Sudden, un-earned power would tempt all but the most virtuous, humble individual. They would almost certainly use the power to fulfil any and all of their own desires and ambitions, and would risk losing themselves in the spiral of narcissism.

Except I don't think that's necessarily true, there are many people who have gained sudden power or wealth and haven't shifted in virtue. We hear about the exceptions because they are the most drastic.

You're wrong about the concept of pacts with the devil, the pact is being taken with the intention of fulfilling dark desires. That's a different concept. This is like suddenly winning the lottery. Certainly it might bring misery, but it isn't necessarily going to turn somebody into a terrible person.

tomandtish
2016-02-28, 11:31 PM

And even if she is a good person, remember what the road to hell is paved with....

It's all too easy to go from taking actions for the greater good to believing that the greater good is whatever you decide it is. Often the fall from good to evil is not stepping off a cliff. It can be a very gradual slope.

But yeah, a lot depends on her personality. She could also dive headlong into the deep end.

AMFV
2016-02-28, 11:59 PM
And even if she is a good person, remember what the road to hell is paved with....

It's all too easy to go from taking actions for the greater good to believing that the greater good is whatever you decide it is. Often the fall from good to evil is not stepping off a cliff. It can be a very gradual slope.

But yeah, a lot depends on her personality. She could also dive headlong into the deep end.

Or she might not wind up falling at all. Depending on her personality. After all not everybody with power abuses that power.

Squibsallotl
2016-02-29, 01:02 AM
Wait, mind control? That would be really useful. Start off with petty things - 'gently' asking someone to give you chocolate raspberry pie, for example.

Cake or DEATH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DhDD2X2zr8

Coidzor
2016-02-29, 01:41 AM
Step one would be getting herself and those she cares about security, generally economic.

Step two would probably be wish fulfillment or acquiring desired luxuries or trying to win the affections/sex of someone she had a thing for.

Step three is about where the joyriding becomes disastrous or she sits down and starts to make sense of her power and what she wants, strategically.

Also, how do you think the players will approach her, depending on whether or not they knew about her powers? They are level 10.

Massive amounts of charisma-damaging poison in her food to see if she has poison immunity.

goto124
2016-02-29, 01:47 AM
Reverse that to angsting -> petty things > take over the world.

LokiRagnarok
2016-02-29, 02:36 AM
Step one would be getting herself and those she cares about security, generally economic.

Step two would probably be wish fulfillment or acquiring desired luxuries or trying to win the affections/sex of someone she had a thing for.

Step three is about where the joyriding becomes disastrous or she sits down and starts to make sense of her power and what she wants, strategically.

Take a look at the hierarchy of needs.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maslow%27s_hierarchy_of_needs
She will probably be going through that, not necessarily linearly.

TinyMushroom
2016-02-29, 03:59 AM
i think that eather than simply being corrupted directly, itd be intesting if she tried to bring good in the world but messing up immensely because she doesnt really understand the complexity of situations she's interfering with. bonus points if she causes an immense divide by being seen as a hero to one group but a scumbag to another. she doesnt have to be a pure angel, she might still decide to have some fun with her powers in private, i just think itd be interesting if her overall intentions were good.

Douche
2016-02-29, 11:21 AM
Could be like Deathnote, where she decides to shape society to her will. Everyone must obey or die.

noob
2016-02-29, 12:46 PM
Which kind of powers are you speaking off?
If it is just like dnd casting he simply becomes able to cast a spell to keep himself morally upright or something like that then he create another dimension where everything is perfect and create a lot of people which will be happy forever and like him.

ThinkMinty
2016-02-29, 12:57 PM
My guess? She goes goth, but one of those perky goths because being full of arcane power probably makes you feel hyperactive if you're not used to it bein' in there.

Telonius
2016-02-29, 01:04 PM
An average person would have a 10 in their spellcasting stat, so they'd be limited to cantrips. :smallbiggrin: But since this one pretty clearly has high stats...

Assuming she doesn't head straight to the local Temple of Pelor? Most likely a period of experimentation to figure out just what she can do. She'd need to know what her limits are. Depending on how savvy and/or paranoid she is, she might or might not be detected by the authorities during this time.

Reltzik
2016-02-29, 03:09 PM
One of the major NPCs in my upcoming game is a previously ordinary person who has recently been imbued with the immense arcane power of a forgotten archfiend. She lives as a middle-class resident of a relatively civilized human kingdom, and is somewhere from late teens to 20s. I haven't quite fleshed out her backstory and motivations yet. She doesn't fully realize the extent of her powers yet, and certainly doesn't know the origin, but knows that they are somewhat fiendish in nature, and absolutely knows she has mind control.

Only a few people know about her powers, and they will try to manipulate her into using this power for their own purposes. Most people do know that some power has risen, though, and a small cult has formed. There are also clerics and paladins who believe that she will be corrupted by the fiendish nature of her powers (which she won't, at least not through magical alignment change).

To give an idea of the power level, this is a Pathfinder game, and I took the succubus monster (remember, her powers are fiendish, and she specializes in enchantment), added 20 levels of eldritch godling (a spontaneous caster somewhat similar to a sorcerer) and mythic tier 10, along with plenty of magic items that I'm flavoring as innate abilities. Her final ability scores are 19, 22, 24, 24, 22, 50). She's is particularly talented with charms and polymorph (both self and baleful).

So, how would this character react to becoming one of the most powerful beings on the continent? How would her personality change if she discovered that her commands were invariably followed, and that she could conjure fireballs and balefully polymorph the population of an entire city? Bonus points if you say the outcome for each different alignment (I haven't decided yet, but it probably won't be lawful).

First of all, a normal person would accidentally blow themselves up with that fireball spell. Either it didn't come with an instruction manual or they didn't bother to read it. Introduce other variant possibilities for things like polymorph and whatnot, point is, massive cosmic powers you don't know how to use are bad for your health.

But ignoring that....

You're going to have a severe power corrupts issue, whatever your alignment. There's a huge ethical gray area in your magical uber-charisma getting people to do what you want. Not that it's WRONG... it's not that clear-cut. But it gets into creepy ethical quagmire territory. Imagine the following scenario for a NG character:

PC: "Your Majesty, the streets are overrun with starving homeless that you here in your palace, secluded by your walls and advised by your council, do not see. I beg you to divert a mere pittance from the military budget, just a thousand gold per year, to alleviate this humanitarian crisis."
King: "Yesmistressasyoucommand" *drool of brain ceasing to process*

To make it even more skeevy, realize this. 90% of the AVERAGE adult population, suddenly finding themselves uber-charismatic, would before long use that ability to get laid. I dunno if you'd want to play that out -- even with the discretion cut scene. It might be the wrong tone for your group. And again... this isn't necessarily WRONG to use your superhuman and almost literally irresistible charisma to enhance your sex life, but it's not really clear-cut right, either.

The typical person will go through a period where she uses her powers without fully understanding the consequences. She'll throw fireballs conscious of the AoE damage, but not realizing that she'll start a brush fire that will spread for miles. Oops. She'll do a baleful polymorph mistakenly thinking she can just undo it at will. Oops. She'll charm a person for the convenience of the moment and then not know what to do with this person that she doesn't want compulsively following her around two months later. Oops. Expect a lot of ends justifying the means, too, because she doesn't really understand how awful she can make things by goofing up. It will take her some time to learn the humility of realizing that power does not make her wise.

.... except she got a boost to wisdom to superhuman levels too. Um. Maybe you can roleplay that humility from the get-go.

Eventually (or perhaps immediately) she will realize that she needs to rein herself in, not because she's EVIL, but because she's incompetent. Maybe she'll seek counsel and training from a high-power wizard or cleric in how to use this power wisely and compassionately. Maybe she'll be forced to figure it out through trial and error.

Basically imagine a new mutant just added to Professor X's school and still not really grasping their powers and all the crap they're going to do without realizing it and you'll be on the right track.

EvilestWeevil
2016-02-29, 03:10 PM
Rule the world from a throne of bones, Muhahahaha... maybe that's just me.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-02-29, 03:55 PM
I took the succubus monster (remember, her powers are fiendish, and she specializes in enchantment), added 20 levels of eldritch godling (a spontaneous caster somewhat similar to a sorcerer) and mythic tier 10, along with plenty of magic items that I'm flavoring as innate abilities. Her final ability scores are 19, 22, 24, 24, 22, 50).

So, how would this character react to becoming one of the most powerful beings on the continent?

She's not a powerful person, she is for most purposes a god. As soon as she halfway realizes that she'll probably try to fix everything, making major changes to the world. A specialization on polymorph spells only means that all her other spells are only stupidly overpowered, rather than ludicrously.

She'll probably get bored, tired or, in the "best" scenario, disillusioned and disappointed from her attempts to fix everything that don't work out as well as she hopes. And I don't mean that as in everything backfires because she hasn't earned her power and the DM is evil or something, but if you just literally ensured clean drinking water for a whole province in an afternoons work it might be a little disappointing if people start complaining. Even as a benevolent god they're still not happy with you. Besides, those windmills you conjured up for the harvest season already started breaking down. What kind of people are manning that equipment, total idiots who haven't been trained in operating magic windmills? (I have no idea what the pathfinder spell lists for the mentioned classes will let you do, but she should be able to come up with effects of around this magnitude).

From there she can go many ways. It might even be good to not plan any further ahead than this and see how you feel about the way the PC's handle her. They have a real opportunity to install a permanent force for good in the world if they give some careful nudges in the right direction. But they could also screw up royally. It's the kind of situation DM's often love to plan out, but which can become really cool if the players are actually making an impact on it.

eru001
2016-02-29, 06:22 PM
without much on her personality I don't have a ton to go on.

If put in such a situation, I'd imagine I'd go off to the woods or an isolated area for some time to try to figure out the extent of said powers, limits of capabilities etc.

I can imagine that this girl would do the same.

Once she's done that, I expect that she would start with some "relatively harmless" wish fulfillment such as...

Magicking lead into gold and paying off all personal debts and maybe buying that new ____ that she's always wanted

magically making self noticeably more attractive either through illusions or actually altering her physical body, possibly then using this to pursue a romantic interest. Odds are she wouldn't resort to charm or similar initially, or possibly at all depending on her personal morals.

some score settling with old rivals. There are probably more than a few individuals whom she would love to humiliate in some way. Perhaps her ex-boyfriend will wake up to discover that he is now bright purple or has "I'm a cheating liar" or worse inscribed upon his forehead. maybe someone who used to humiliate her when they were younger will wake up one morning perfectly fluent in say, orcish, and incapable of expressing themselves in common anymore.

Yes I know that these things are trivial compared to the amount of power she now has, but compared to the amount of power she is accustomed to having, they are not trivial at all. Once she becomes used to having the level of power you have given her, I'd expect her to move on to bigger and bigger things.

As to how the players will approach her several details will be important

1. How soon after she gets her powers do they encounter her?

2. How do they learn about her powers?

3. What kind of players do you have?

I once played out a similar situation in a campaign, as a player encountering the suddenly powerful individual (in this case a 12 year old girl). The interaction went something like this. (I was an L9 Ranger NG alignment, and was there in the tavern when she discovered her powers. I was party leader of a party consisting of Me, an L8 CN Rogue specializing in Crossbows named Patrick, and an L8 LG Cleric named Kowalski. Was a D&D 3.5 campaign so not all that different from pathfinder)

Here is about what the in game encounter looked like:

Magic Girl: (blows up a table and parents accidentally, flashes magical light and flies through the air screaming in terror, crashing into a wall. small objects start flying haphazardly around the room.)

Me: Kowalski! get those people (the civilians in the tavern) out of here now, fix anyone who's wounded! Pat you're the fastest! Get over to the Manor and tell Baron Suchandsuch that a squad of men at arms and his court wizard would be really welcome down here ten minutes ago!

Girl: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! WHAT'S HAPPENING?

Me: (approaches slowly hands open and empty) Ma'am I don't know. Please try to calm down. Help is on the way.

Girl: I'm scared!

Me: It's all going to be ok. just, try not to blow anything up, especially not me, i'm here to help.

Girl: (Starts crying, larger objects begin flying around the room violently)

Me: Now Ma'am, that's not what I needed you to do. Please try to calm down. You can trust me, I'm a ranger, It means I protect people and right now that means you.

Girl: (Starts to calm a little, fewer things now flying through air)

Me: That's it, everything will be okay.

Squad of Men At Arms + Wizard + Patrick: (Burst through tavern door)

Patrick: THERE'S THE WITCH! GET HER!

Me: NO! PAT THAT'S NOT WHAT I-

Girl: (Panics and in terror, disintegrates wizard, blasts Men at Arms through wall, and flies off into the night becoming our arc villian for a while)

neonchameleon
2016-02-29, 08:46 PM
OK. We've invented something amazing. Something that revolutionises the way we can interact with the world. It's not quite on the scale of the godlike power

Now. What do we use it for? Take it away Avenue Q!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBDCq6Q8k2E

LokiRagnarok
2016-03-01, 04:14 AM
Honestly, watch Frozen. I think the portrayal of someone discovering the extent of their powers is very believable. Or if you don't care to watch it, have a summary:

In a very abstracted way, Elsa goes through the following stages:

discovering her powers as a child (this happens before the movie starts)
literally playing around with them and making playthings for her sister
hurting someone she loves because she loses control
hiding her powers from the world
powers get stronger
she loses control at some point and accidentally triggers a country-wide disaster without realizing it at the time
she runs away, embraces her powers, but at the same time hides from the world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=moSFlvxnbgk
she gets told how much she messed up and has a psychotic meltdown (pun intended)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqJ7LtZgMAc&t=1m17s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOEMoQy4UU

Quertus
2016-03-01, 12:02 PM
One of the major NPCs in my upcoming game... I took the succubus monster (remember, her powers are fiendish, and she specializes in enchantment), added 20 levels of eldritch godling (a spontaneous caster somewhat similar to a sorcerer) and mythic tier 10, along with plenty of magic items that I'm flavoring as innate abilities. Her final ability scores are 19, 22, 24, 24, 22, 50). She's is particularly talented with charms and polymorph (both self and baleful).

As has already been mentioned, actions are based on personality, not alignment. IMO, alignment is the worst thing to happen to roleplaying in the history of RPGs.

As to how the party would react? Most likely, by screaming bloody murder about Mary Sue DMPCs.

Âmesang
2016-03-01, 01:34 PM
Rule the world from a throne of bones, Muhahahaha... maybe that's just me.
That can't be very good for your back, though.

Make a throne of puppies. :smallamused:

plllizzz
2016-03-01, 04:47 PM
As to how the party would react? Most likely, by screaming bloody murder about Mary Sue DMPCs.

I think we may have a thread winner :smallbiggrin:

but this is a fairly reasonable concern; the person you described is a questionable decision/fiat or two away from encroaching that territory. an average jolyne with godlike stats, exotic heritage, her power lacking any innate drawback - and the party meets her on a level of power they cannot really do much about whatever whim she may have [especially with slight bias towards her having chaotic alignment] - all those could light some red lamps.

to avoid that, an attempt to tell a different story could be made. instead falling into the cliche of corrupting influence of superior ability, our jolyne could run into the other trope - someone average understanding their inability to comprehend the extent of their ability... and deciding to stay as average and 'human' as possible while also using the abilities from time to time to push things into favorable directions. an LG / LN character could have a nice shot at pulling that off, especially if they were raised in a household that accents obtaining success through hard work and devotion, rather than shortcuts

but that's just my 2 cents

tomandtish
2016-03-01, 05:28 PM
As has already been mentioned, actions are based on personality, not alignment. IMO, alignment is the worst thing to happen to roleplaying in the history of RPGs.

That's because alignment is a result of actions (and intent to some degree). Actions are not a result of alignment.

So you decide what you want her to do. Her alignment (if you play with that concept) follows from that.

ImNotTrevor
2016-03-01, 06:30 PM
I don't know if this has been said yet, but...

An average person suddenly has access to incredibly powerful, potentially destructive spells with no gradual increase in power and training?

They probably die in a shining, rainbowy explosion the next time they sneeze.

Or catch on fire the next time they get mad.

Basically, my vote is that they would die suddenly and violently after either trying to do something stupid, or by being interrupted/startled while doing something relatively simple and accidentally going from 1 to 11.

plllizzz
2016-03-01, 06:36 PM
@up

I took the succubus monster (remember, her powers are fiendish, and she specializes in enchantment), added 20 levels of eldritch godling (a spontaneous caster somewhat similar to a sorcerer) and mythic tier 10, along with plenty of magic items that I'm flavoring as innate abilities. Her final ability scores are 19, 22, 24, 24, 22, 50).

at this level I think committing suicide is a matter of both patience and determination, rather than spontaneous act. :smallwink:

lelrekt2142
2016-03-01, 06:55 PM
@up

Besides, at mythic tier 10 you can only be killed by an artifact, and even then by either a crit or coup de grace.

goto124
2016-03-02, 12:59 AM
Let a newbie play the average-person-turned-high-level-spellcaster in a setting of your choice, and see what happens :smallamused:

Coidzor
2016-03-02, 02:02 AM
That can't be very good for your back, though.

Especially considering the kinds of bones would go into a succubus's throne. :smalleek:

Silus
2016-03-02, 02:33 AM
Can't really weigh in on what the average person would do, but here's how I'd handle brand new magical powers:

Unseen Servant to help around the house.

Genesis (or similar demi-plane making spell) to make me a personal tax-free retreat. Probably a balmy tropical beach or something.

Create Food and Water to fulfill those food cravings (mmmm Reuben sammiches)

Gate or Summon Monster for practical or entertainment purposes like helping around the house or when you need more for Mario Party.

Alter Self/Polymorph for a change of pace. "I feel like being an elf for today I think."

Sure I can twist reality around my finger but we all know how that ends. 'Sides, slinging powerful magics about tends to get you on the adventurer's watch list.

Kane0
2016-03-02, 02:34 AM
Sneeze and accidentally level a city block, then panic and try to fix it using the magic you just realised you could access. Naturally the attempt only partially succeeds like a twisted wish and things get wacky from there.

Lvl 2 Expert
2016-03-02, 02:40 AM
Especially considering the kinds of bones would go into a succubus's throne. :smalleek:

Succubi: they should always specify what they mean by "throne of bone".

ImNotTrevor
2016-03-02, 05:21 AM
Succubi: they should always specify what they mean by "throne of bone".

Now I can only envision Khorne reading this post and sitting uncomfortably while Slaanesh smiles at him from waaaaaay too close.

Reltzik
2016-03-02, 03:50 PM
For the record, it doesn't matter how close. In that context ANY distance is too close.

But it's okay, it's all a ploy to drive Khorne into warfare with Slaanesh (which Slaanesh will enjoy way too much) set into motion 38,000 years ago by Tzeentch.

LibraryOgre
2016-03-02, 08:06 PM
Really, I would ask "What is her alignment?" Because, while power corrupts and all that, a good person's version of corruption is far different than an evil person's corruption... and, if alignment is something you use, than it is exceedingly unlikely that a person changes alignment in the course of the game, without some magical trigger.

So, who is she as a person. If she's been quiet and meek till now, was that because she was good and kind, or was it because she didn't want anyone to know what she REALLY thought?

goto124
2016-03-03, 12:12 AM
Better to ask for her personality, beliefs and morals, judging by all the threads on alignment...

rocketfrog
2016-03-03, 07:00 AM
This question put me in mind of the first Mistborn novel by Brandon Sanderson...

The "villain", Rashek, was just a fairly regular person who ends up taking god-like powers to try and destory/contain the apocalyptic force of Ruin in the world. But, as he is just a regular bloke for the most part, he royally screws it up. He used this power to move the planet closer to its Sun, so as to burn away the mists that were threatening all life on it. This had the side effect of making the planet too hot to sustain life, forcing him to create the Ashmounts, very large volcanoes, to thicken the atmosphere and protect the surface. This in turn forced him to change the people to be able to breathe the newly ash-filled air and to re-engineer the planet's biology to work with the new atmosphere. After all this he sets himself up as the Lord Ruler, a tyrannical figure who controls the empire of men, and causes great suffering etc, all to protect the world from inadvertantly freeing Ruin. It is only after he is defeated that the Hero realises what he had done and why...

So basically, good intentions are all well and good, but without the knowledge and wisdom to use this godlike power the person will make many, many mistakes, as she is still Human, and those mistakes can have quite exceptional and dangerous consequences. In attempting to correct those, she will make more mistakes, leading to an interesting spiral into chaos. Depending on her ultimate power level, she may end up changing the face of the world...

That's how I see it anyways.

AMFV
2016-03-03, 12:45 PM
Well I think the main issue your players are going to have is why is she imbued?, why her, and not somebody who will actually further the agenda of the succubus. Sure random corruption is pretty useful, but this is a ton of power. That's going to raise a lot of questions. The answer to that will probably inform on how she will act as well. If the Succubus sensed great potential for evil in her, then maybe it makes sense, but it's still a lot of power to give to somebody who isn't terribly reliable, that strikes me as not just chaotic, but fairly stupid. You have to remember that even demons are and can be intelligent. You're talking Slaadi level of random behavior here.

Esprit15
2016-03-03, 01:15 PM
Can't really weigh in on what the average person would do, but here's how I'd handle brand new magical powers:

Unseen Servant to help around the house.

Genesis (or similar demi-plane making spell) to make me a personal tax-free retreat. Probably a balmy tropical beach or something.

Create Food and Water to fulfill those food cravings (mmmm Reuben sammiches)

Gate or Summon Monster for practical or entertainment purposes like helping around the house or when you need more for Mario Party.

Alter Self/Polymorph for a change of pace. "I feel like being an elf for today I think."

Sure I can twist reality around my finger but we all know how that ends. 'Sides, slinging powerful magics about tends to get you on the adventurer's watch list.

All of these. And similar.

Xuc Xac
2016-03-03, 02:38 PM

The average person would try to win the lottery or have sex with beautiful people. This is not an average person anymore. With those ability scores (not to mention the magical powers) being suddenly bestowed on her, she isn't really the same person anymore. You're basically asking, "what would a 10 year old kid do with a credit card and the rational long term planning of a highly responsible adult?" Who she was before the change is largely irrelevant because she isn't anything like that person now. That kid isn't going to buy thousands of dollars worth of candy and ice cream and video games because they don't still have the mindset of a child.

An average person would do stupid and petty things with their new-found powers, but the average person doesn't have superhuman intelligence and wisdom to guide their actions and godlike charisma to sway worlds with a whisper. With a Charisma of 50, why does she even need charms and polymorph? Anyone who doesn't succumb to her raw Charisma is probably also immune to charm spells anyway.