PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat character help; (Scorpion); Other Iconic Characters?

SouthpawSoldier
2016-02-29, 03:19 AM
Helping someone on a Reddit thread make Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Conceptually, I see a Fiend-pact Monk/Warlock, using a refluffed Thorn Whip or Lightning Lure. Is there a legal way to incorporate an Attack as Bonus Action, to follow Lightning Lure with an Unarmed Strike or Repelling Eldtrich Blast fired in melee? Only thing I can think of is Fighter's Action Surge. Too many dips to be a good build.

There's got to be a RAW-legal way to build this. Fiend-lock fits very well, other than the above issue.

What other iconic MK universe character are there to build that aren't just Human Monks?

RickAllison
2016-02-29, 03:27 AM
Helping someone on a Reddit thread make Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Conceptually, I see a Fiend-pact Monk/Warlock, using a refluffed Thorn Whip or Lightning Lure. Is there a legal way to incorporate an Attack as Bonus Action, to follow Lightning Lure with an Unarmed Strike or Repelling Eldtrich Blast fired in melee? Only thing I can think of is Fighter's Action Surge. Too many dips to be a good build.

There's got to be a RAW-legal way to build this. Fiend-lock fits very well, other than the above issue.

What other iconic MK universe character are there to build that aren't just Human Monks?

Especially if Lightning Lure was allowed to become fire damage (it is Scorpion, after all), Draconic Sorcerer with GFB could be perfect. Might be too MAD to do with Monk, but it would let you yank them toward you with Fire Spear (I like it already!), then Quicken GFB. Just a thought :smallsmile:

SouthpawSoldier
2016-02-29, 03:49 AM
Especially if Lightning Lure was allowed to become fire damage (it is Scorpion, after all), Draconic Sorcerer with GFB could be perfect. Might be too MAD to do with Monk, but it would let you yank them toward you with Fire Spear (I like it already!), then Quicken GFB. Just a thought :smallsmile:

GFB? Not familiar with that. Assume G_____ Fire Blast?

RickAllison
2016-02-29, 03:57 AM
GFB? Not familiar with that. Assume G_____ Fire Blast?

Greenflame Blade, from Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide. It is a Sorcerer/Wizard/Warlock cantrip that makes a melee weapon attack and then arcs out a tongue of fire to burn a different creature within five feet of the target that deals spellcasting modifier of damage, then scales up the damage on both the initial and second target by 1d8 at 5th, 11th, and 17th level. So it lets you use spellcasting to make your bonus action attack!

EDIT: Even without the Sorcerer levels, it would be a fantastic cantrip to pick up for a Scorpion Bladelock. The flavor of wreathing the blade in fire is too good to pass up!

Nicodiemus
2016-02-29, 07:25 AM
Skorpion needs to be a way of the shadows monk for shadow step too, don't forget. Ultimately, he'd be on the path to lich-dom, as we all know there's nothing but a skull under that cowl.

Kung Lao would have to be an EK so he could recall his blade hat. Though you may be able to do the same thing with a bladelock.

Raiden is a straight up storm sorcerer with a re-fluffed misty step.

Get Baraka (sp?) Alter Self however you like for his bone blade things.

Cyrax and the red robot would be war-forged.

Sub-zero also WotS monk. Re-fluff grease and hold person

All the above only need a couple levels of monk for the unarmed combat besides Skorpion and Sub-zero.

All I can think of ATM

Serket
2016-03-01, 05:55 PM
Is there a legal way to incorporate an Attack as Bonus Action, to follow Lightning Lure with an Unarmed Strike or Repelling Eldtrich Blast fired in melee?

Eldritch Knight could do it with an attack. But that's 7 levels in.