PDA

View Full Version : Player Help [Making a Archer/Unarmed fighter] - 3.5

evnaz
2016-02-29, 04:33 AM
I'm playing a very weak sub pair game with some friends who absolutely "Hate power gaming" lately I've been spending a lot of time on my vita playing dragon's crown and was thinking It might be fun to play something like the Elf from the game

It basically boils down to an archer who can also use a some quick kicks and swipes with her bow when not firing arrows, I was thinking something along the lines of Monk/Ranger I'm just horrible at planning things out and would like some feedback if possible

We're starting at level one and plan on playing this as a side campaign for a while because a good friend of ours and member of our groups son has recently gotten very ill
I basically only have access to core this game but, any Ideas outside I might be able to squeeze past my DM, Thanks in advance friends
EDIT: Ascetic hunter is a must have so I'm going to ask for access to the complete series as well

Âmesang
2016-03-02, 08:06 PM
I've plans on doing much the same thing regarding a Pathfinder ranger (https://www.schadenfreudestudios.com/forum/thread.php?thread=31) of mine, since you never know when your weapon is going to be disarmed/sundered or you're just left defenseless at any given moment… that, and I recently started watching wrestling again. :smalltongue: Actually according to one documentary I saw regarding "life in the Middle Ages" it was pretty common for knights to have some training in unarmed combat. Not kung fu, certainly, but an elbow to the face is an elbow to the face.

Granted my only plan thus far was to give her Improved Unarmed Strike and Improved Grapple, since her focus was going to be archery first and her greatsword second (Lunge, Power Attack, and Shield of Swings, eventually). IUS/IG are really there as a sort of last resort.

I imagine a one-level dip into monk would be fine for the increased damage, AC bonus, and skill points; rangers can't wear much in terms of armor, anyway (if you were going down that route). I couldn't do it, though, since my ranger's alignment is true Neutral, but I suppose I could see her fighting with a mix of British boxing, French kickboxing, and Greco/Roman wrestling.

ComaVision
2016-03-03, 01:01 AM
Monk 2/Psychic Warrior X with Tashalatora and Zen Archery could be fun without being overbearing. A lot of groups have a knee-jerk reaction against psionics though..

Tohsaka Rin
2016-03-03, 01:32 AM
A short dip into Swordsage (unarmed variant) should do nicely. Having access to stances is great for just about any character.