PDA

View Full Version : Eberron Must-Sees

DragonBaneDM
2016-02-29, 07:44 AM
Hey guys!

I'm going to take some time over the coming week to really feel out some settings for where my Eberron campaign will take my players, and I was wondering where you've adventured/ always wanted to adventure in that world.

So far they've been to Sharn, watched The Mourning happen from across the Brelish border, The Feywild, and are currently in Korranberg.

I have plans to send them to Karrnath and The Dreadhold, The Talenta Plains, Newthrone, somewhere in Rierdra, Xendrik (to the frozen lake with the tarrasque in it), the border of Valenar, The Chamber of the Flame in Thrane, The Well of Memories, and into Khyber for an in depth dungeon crawl or two.

What else would you guys include?

chainer1216
2016-02-29, 09:05 AM
A friendly mission to one of Droaams monster filled cities is always fun.

Actana
2016-02-29, 10:14 AM
A friendly mission to one of Droaams monster filled cities is always fun.

I second this, with an extra emphasis on friendly. Have the PCs act as diplomats for whatever reason and let them know that the mission cannot afford any hostilities against their hosts, both through the customs of the land and the PCs' own higher-ups. Meanwhile, have a rival who is more politically savvy than them and trying to provoke the PCs to action, so that they would screw up the mission themselves.

It could make for a very interesting exploration of the various cultures in the world, and definitely very different from the rest of "civilized" Khorvaire.

DragonBaneDM
2016-02-29, 10:30 AM
I second this, with an extra emphasis on friendly. Have the PCs act as diplomats for whatever reason and let them know that the mission cannot afford any hostilities against their hosts, both through the customs of the land and the PCs' own higher-ups. Meanwhile, have a rival who is more politically savvy than them and trying to provoke the PCs to action, so that they would screw up the mission themselves.

It could make for a very interesting exploration of the various cultures in the world, and definitely very different from the rest of "civilized" Khorvaire.

This is a cool idea! They're a very diplomatic group, with the warlock having been a diplomat before taking up her pact. Thanks guys!

I've been looking at my reason behind the Mourning and how locations in the Mournland will matter later in the campaign as well.

Basic idea is going to be the uprising of the daelkyr lords, which I'm sure has got to be the most common threat in most Eberron campaigns. Belashyrra is currently my BBEG. Any specific people or places related to daelkyr you can suggest?

Fable Wright
2016-02-29, 10:49 AM
Basic idea is going to be the uprising of the daelkyr lords, which I'm sure has got to be the most common threat in most Eberron campaigns. Belashyrra is currently my BBEG. Any specific people or places related to daelkyr you can suggest?

Cazhaak Draal in Droaam has an interesting history with Belashyrra. It's said that an army of medusae marched on Graywall, back when it was under the control of the Dhakaani Empire, and the goblinoids in the area have never forgiven the medusa. The Queen of Stone and every member of her city have sworn up and down that they never fought for a Daelkyr. It's unclear whether Belashyrra created the Medusa, or can seize control of them, or whether the group of medusa that marched on Greywall were some splinter faction that yet remain in Khyber. Still, it's a point of tension, and might be a way to tie a seemingly unrelated diplomatic mission into something that ties into the myth arc.

DragonBaneDM
2016-02-29, 11:34 AM
Cazhaak Draal in Droaam has an interesting history with Belashyrra. It's said that an army of medusae marched on Graywall, back when it was under the control of the Dhakaani Empire, and the goblinoids in the area have never forgiven the medusa. The Queen of Stone and every member of her city have sworn up and down that they never fought for a Daelkyr. It's unclear whether Belashyrra created the Medusa, or can seize control of them, or whether the group of medusa that marched on Greywall were some splinter faction that yet remain in Khyber. Still, it's a point of tension, and might be a way to tie a seemingly unrelated diplomatic mission into something that ties into the myth arc.

Okay, I dig it! The only Daelkyr I've come close to introducing is Orlaask, Master of Stone. (The monk got petrified, and much like Belashyrra can see out of the eyes of mortals, I figured Orlaask gained control of petrified creatures.) I figured medusas were probably his creations, and I think this will be a good tie in!

Not all the medusas swear fealty to their creator, but that splinter faction you mentioned just might.

EDIT: The more I read about it, the more I'm convinced that Cazhaak Draal is the perfect place for an adventure, and even for a Khyber dungeon holding down the Master of Stone. Thank you!

codyleaderbrand
2016-02-29, 12:17 PM
I'm currently trying to work in getting my players to Frostfell somehow. Would like to have some winter combat/ roleplay. I would also like to do a type of "Hateful 8" locked in a building scenario with some notable NPCs. I've also been interested in having a Pirate themed campaign out in the Lhazaar Principalities, but I just enjoy pirates.

My current game has the group in Sharn with plans of travelling to Aundair, Xendrik, Mournland and potentially further. Still working on all that.

Fable Wright
2016-02-29, 12:44 PM
Okay, I dig it! The only Daelkyr I've come close to introducing is Orlaask, Master of Stone. (The monk got petrified, and much like Belashyrra can see out of the eyes of mortals, I figured Orlaask gained control of petrified creatures.) I figured medusas were probably his creations, and I think this will be a good tie in!

Not all the medusas swear fealty to their creator, but that splinter faction you mentioned just might.

EDIT: The more I read about it, the more I'm convinced that Cazhaak Draal is the perfect place for an adventure, and even for a Khyber dungeon holding down the Master of Stone. Thank you!

One thing you'll probably want to look at is the article on the medusa there (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20060905a) and their culture, in case of significant NPC interactions.

I'm currently trying to work in getting my players to Frostfell somehow. Would like to have some winter combat/ roleplay. I would also like to do a type of "Hateful 8" locked in a building scenario with some notable NPCs. I've also been interested in having a Pirate themed campaign out in the Lhazaar Principalities, but I just enjoy pirates.

My current game has the group in Sharn with plans of travelling to Aundair, Xendrik, Mournland and potentially further. Still working on all that.

Well, it really depends on what kinds of plots you'd want in the Demon Wastes. Are you interested in the Ghaash'kala orcs of the Silver Flame? Do your players seek the corrupt treasures and lore of Ashtakala? Or was someone they know killed by a Keeper's Fang, forcing them to journey into the north and deal with the terrible dracolich? There are many reasons to head north, but it's a question of what your party's level and capacities are.

DragonBaneDM
2016-02-29, 01:26 PM
I'm currently trying to work in getting my players to Frostfell somehow. Would like to have some winter combat/ roleplay. I would also like to do a type of "Hateful 8" locked in a building scenario with some notable NPCs.

I loved the Hateful Eight, saw it at the 70mm roadshow and loved it. And I'm thinking about the Frostfell as well. It seems like a good place for a stronghold of the Lords of Dust, or maybe even a warforged city to the Becoming God.

As for the Lhazaar Principalities, the warlock's story line is going to connect with Lady Vol's at a point later in the campaign, so that's how I'm planning on them ending up there. Although trying to recover an artifact/prevent a dire piece of prophecy from coming true may take them there as well.

Lacco
2016-02-29, 01:34 PM
Reading this makes me want to visit Eberron :smallsmile:

...do you think there is a Eberron Board of Tourism sponsored book listing all these places? :smallwink:

DragonBaneDM
2016-02-29, 01:54 PM
One thing you'll probably want to look at is the article on the medusa there (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ebds/20060905a) and their culture, in case of significant NPC interactions.

This was awesome. Thanks!

wumpus
2016-02-29, 02:36 PM

Nah. Go the other way ala DDO's "framework" quest. The official quest requires petrifying some minotaurs (planting "rock solid evidence" against the medusae) and assassinating the minotaur chief. The optional parts of the quest include killing just about everything in the city (if only for the response from your minotaur "contact"... "you ... killed everybody? And you call *us* the monsters?").

Steampunkette
2016-02-29, 02:56 PM
Aerenal.

Throw them into the land of Undead Elves as a twisted respite from their adventuring, rather than as an adventure locale. Then have the elves, there, send them on a quest against the Dragons of Argonnessen. After all, long memories and blood feuds go hand in hand.

The Chamber vs the Emerald Claw and Blood of Vol would make an epic encounter series.

DragonBaneDM
2016-03-01, 08:03 AM
Aerenal.

Throw them into the land of Undead Elves as a twisted respite from their adventuring, rather than as an adventure locale. Then have the elves, there, send them on a quest against the Dragons of Argonnessen. After all, long memories and blood feuds go hand in hand.

Contacting our half-elves long dead ancestors has been a major plot goal for a long time now, but this helps me see things a bit more clearly, thank you!

Faily
2016-03-01, 07:46 PM
DDO has a quest where you stop Drow from killing the mummified elven ancestors. It's a nice way to flip things around since you rarely save Undeads in D&D normally. :smallwink:

Other than that: STORMREACH!