PDA

View Full Version : Optimization The God Slayer (40th level character concept)

ThisIsntAName
2016-02-29, 01:22 PM
So recently my DM said she wanted to push herself and us by having an insane one shot set in forgotten realms, we are making 40th level characters, with a 30 point buy and 5 million gold to spend and I would like some help.

Basically it is gonna be an endurance run one-shot facing everything that she can think up to throw at us, safe to assume gods are gonna be thrown at us which is the reason for the title. One of the other members of the group said she would do a spell caster so I want a physical attacker, one that doesn't need to recover spells or anything and can just do good consistent damage till the end of time.

Pathfinder is the main base for what is allowed, along with some 3.5 stuff and 3.0 stuff, it depends on whether Pathfinder updated it or not. The DM is fairly anti-cheese so i would prefer something that is fairly simple but good.

Thank you in advance to anyone that helps me with this.

Flickerdart
2016-02-29, 01:32 PM
The problem with "doing melee damage til the end of time" is that your hit points are a finite resource. For a true eternal engine of destruction, you need some way to recover from damage and from nasty conditions like petrification, paralysis, etc.

PraxisVetli
2016-02-29, 06:12 PM
Any chance you can boot in 3.5's ToB, that you might grab Iron Heart Surge?
That will be a start for conditions. Going Necropolitian will stop the Dazed condition.
Otherwise I suggest definitely doing an Initiator, grabbing Riven Hourglass to help with action economy.

Ellowryn
2016-02-29, 09:12 PM
Hrm, lets see here... Anthropomorphic Baleen Whale (Savage Species) RHD 3/Barbarian 11/Fighter 6/Frenzied Berserker 10/Warhulk 10. Sink all your points and cash into +con and +str items. Take Pounce from the Barbarian ACF (along with the free trip if you want) and the Dungeon Crasher Fighter AFC and Knockback. Grab the Shocktrooper line. You will have Str and Con in the 40's and will hit for several hundreds per swing (and you get 5 swings) and then throw whatever you hit into a wall for several hundred more damage (and knock them prone if you took improved trip + knockdown). All the while being unkillable from HP damage while your frenzy lasts.

(Note that i take no responsibility for what you do to the rest of your party after you trun the BBEG into a jelly stain on the wall)

Grod_The_Giant
2016-02-29, 10:41 PM
Initiators might be your friend here. Look into things like the Crusader and/or whatever the Path of War version is