PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder 14 Str, but only 4 Dex?

Zhentarim
2016-02-29, 11:21 PM
I'm trying to play a game with an evil half-orc healbot/demoralizer oracle with 23 CHA, and I dumped Dex and took the aged curse to go that high. I'm wondering what 4 dex and 14 str looks like, especially when a character is very old.

GreyBlack
2016-02-29, 11:34 PM
I'm trying to play a game with an evil half-orc healbot/demoralizer oracle with 23 CHA, and I dumped Dex and took the aged curse to go that high. I'm wondering what 4 dex and 14 str looks like, especially when a character is very old.

Okay, so here's what I'm imagining: While you're rather strong for your old age, you're going to have to make a dex check every 10 seconds to avoid tripping over your own two feet and impaling yourself on something pointy. I guess my big question is... why? Just, why?

Tiktakkat
2016-02-29, 11:36 PM
Crippling arthritis.

Depending on your pain threshold, you can theoretically exert significant force, you just suffer agonizing pain when doing so, and cannot make your fingers grip things normally.

digiman619
2016-02-29, 11:37 PM
That or they have a hard time holding stuff because their arthritis is so bad.

EDIT: Ninja'd!

Zhentarim
2016-03-01, 12:03 AM
Okay, so here's what I'm imagining: While you're rather strong for your old age, you're going to have to make a dex check every 10 seconds to avoid tripping over your own two feet and impaling yourself on something pointy. I guess my big question is... why? Just, why?

I'll move points around and make it work, but your seeing what I'm seeing. I really just wanted to max out a caster after avoiding it for the sake of balance do long.

I got it to 12 Str and 10 Dex...
Throw in the Face of the Devourer spell and you get a damned scary oracle that can bite the hell out of you.

frogglesmash
2016-03-01, 06:52 AM
Parkinson's could be another explanation for the high strength, but zero control.

SimonMoon6
2016-03-01, 10:54 AM
I'm imagining a big, bulky, slow rock-monster type of character. Can't dodge. Can't move quickly. But if it hits you, pow!

Âmesang
2016-03-01, 02:44 PM
Since he's described as a "healbot" I'm imagining the classic vision of Friar Tuck… just stronger. Or maybe Super Santa. You're a big, rotund, jolly sort of fellow who's quite bold and likable, but you're not the most agile or responsive guy around. Since lack of Dexterity means lack of initiative, perhaps he's also the calm, content sort? War wages all around while he's enjoying a cup of tea, but if a bad guy comes charging into him he easily gets knocked aside.

A strong version of Budai (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budai), perhaps?