PDA

View Full Version : The Aquabats!

Vaynor
2007-06-18, 04:53 PM
I just recently discovered this band through Pandora (pandora.com) and like it a lot. Anyone else a fan?

SDF
2007-06-18, 04:58 PM
I've seen them three or four times in concert over the past 5 years.

blackout
2007-06-18, 05:30 PM
Aw, man, I love their song 'Nerd Alert.'

Andiamo
2007-06-18, 05:59 PM
Monday hot dogs
Tuesday tacos
Wednesday hamburgers and chocolate milk
Thursday sloppy joes and burritos in a bag
Friday was Pizza Day the best day of the week
It always came with a salad and a side of cold green beans!

I didn't think I could actually do that from memory, but there you go.

Yeah, I'm a fan.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-06-18, 06:09 PM
The Aquabats = <3

All of their songs are incredibly fun, even if they aren't really ska anymore. And seeing them live is an experience like no other. They fight badguys on stage! :smallbiggrin:

FdL
2007-06-18, 06:34 PM
I didn't know they used to be a ska band.
I've always thought of them as doing a more surfy, Devo-esque thing. Fun and nerdy, for sure.

Sewer_Bandito
2007-06-18, 08:05 PM
Oh yeah, they used to be ska (third wave). The Idiot Box and Pizza Day are two that come to mind off the top of my head.

Vaynor
2007-06-20, 09:36 PM
Monday hot dogs
Tuesday tacos
Wednesday hamburgers and chocolate milk
Thursday sloppy joes and burritos in a bag
Friday was Pizza Day the best day of the week
It always came with a salad and a side of cold green beans!

I didn't think I could actually do that from memory, but there you go.

Yeah, I'm a fan.

That's one of my favorites. :smallsmile:

Playdough Revisited also is up top.

MandibleBones
2007-06-20, 09:52 PM
I like them! I cut my ska teeth on "Red Sweater" and "Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates," but I didn't get to see them in concert until they weren't ska anymore. And they rocked anyway - they're not the same band, but they are still Awesome with a capital A, especially live. They're also really cool people, sticking around to meet with fans and sign stuff backstage instead of just running off or something.

lacesmcawesome
2007-06-20, 10:02 PM
Aw, man, I love their song 'Nerd Alert.'

You got it all wrong.

It's "Nerd Alert!"

hah, just nitpicking. Obviously, I'm a big fan. I love them. Hey, does anyone else know how to do their little hand sign thing? That's my favorite thing to do. sometimes, in the halls at school, I put up the aquabat sign, and just kind of yell.

yea, I'm weird.

Namaste123
2007-07-14, 01:26 PM
YES! Aquabats are awesome, I'm going to see them on Coney Island August 22nd!

Lemur
2007-07-14, 05:53 PM
Wait, they have a hand sign? I'm a fan of the Aquabats, but I haven't been really up to date on them recently.

Rob Knotts
2007-07-14, 06:52 PM
Wait, they have a hand sign? I'm a fan of the Aquabats, but I haven't been really up to date on them recently.Been a while, but I believe the Commander uses something like the corny "devil horns" along with some variation of "What's up homies?" There might be a bit of intentional irony there...

Had the good fortune of seeing them live a few times locally, even got to sit down and talk to the Bat Commander a few times. He's a big fan Japanese super robots and live action giant-monster fighting super heroes, whoda thunk?

Back in the 90s when they came through town yearly, my best friend gained some fame among local fans by showing up to concerts, and once going on stage, as "Exact Change Man", complete with homemade costume and change-belt! As a superhero his only weakness was the only Aquabats song he never liked:

Where the mountains meet the sky
I met a very very very teeny guy...

I love that song:smallbiggrin:

psychoduck14
2007-07-15, 02:49 PM
HELLS YA!!! I love the Aquabats!

Em Blackleaf
2007-07-15, 03:59 PM
I love the Aquabats!

Catch
2007-07-15, 04:19 PM
Bat Cadet reporting in!

Also, Fashion Zombies. Best Aquabats song ever.

Mostly because the style is a shout-out to the Misfits.

commander43
2007-07-18, 06:48 PM
I like pretty much any of the 3rd wave ska stuff (Except for Sublime....grr...), and even though the Aquabats are now pretty much devo 2.0, I still listen to them when I'm feeling silly.