PDA

View Full Version : The Survivor:

TheRedTemplar
2016-03-01, 03:26 PM
Hey, I wanted some advice for a character idea. I wanted to try to make a character that has good damage reduction and saving throws. I was thinking about a Deep Gnome Barbarian 3 (Bear)/X, and the X is why I'm trying to figure out. What would go well with a Deep Gnome Bearbarian?

I picked Deep Gnome because it was (in my opinion) the best of the Gnome races and provided Advantage on all Int, Wis, and Cha saves against magic/spells. Bearbarian is for the damage resistance and advantage on Dex saves. That's already resistance to all but one damage type (psychic) and advantage on four different saving throws (two of which are very often tested), and a decent amount of HP. I'm thinking of going Rogue or Moon Druid, leaning towards the latter for less MAD, but I'd still like some input.

GWJ_DanyBoy
2016-03-01, 04:30 PM
Monk 14 would let gain you prof. in all saves, but that's a long ways out.

OotA Paladin 7 gains you +CHA to saves and resistance to magic damage, though that resistance is somewhat redundant with the bearbarian feature.

Oramac
2016-03-01, 04:53 PM
OotA Paladin 7 gains you +CHA to saves and resistance to magic damage, though that resistance is somewhat redundant with the bearbarian feature.

You only need 6 levels of any Paladin Oath to get the +Cha to saves. The extra level for magic resistance is a bit redundant, as pointed out.

The Resilient feat can give you proficiency in another save as well.