PDA

View Full Version : DM Help [PF] How does Shapechange interact with other polymorph spells that came out later?

AnonymousPepper
2016-03-01, 05:48 PM
I have a player running a wizard asking if Shapechange also includes spells like Undead Anatomy that came out after the Core Rulebook did.

I'm wondering if there's an official ruling on this, or use my own judgement, or what. >_>

Jack_Simth
2016-03-01, 06:29 PM
I have a player running a wizard asking if Shapechange also includes spells like Undead Anatomy that came out after the Core Rulebook did.

I'm wondering if there's an official ruling on this, or use my own judgement, or what. >_>

As far as I'm aware, by RAW? No interaction at all. Shapechange can't duplicate Undead Anatomy X. It's possible it's been FAQ'd, but if so, it's not one I've seen.

AnonymousPepper
2016-03-01, 07:14 PM
Would there be anything wrong with allowing it to? Shapechange as I understand it is supposed to be the catch-all Polymorph spell (just... in a less borked and more regimented form than 3e), so I feel like, RAI, it *would* be able to had it been published later.

Jack_Simth
2016-03-01, 07:55 PM
Would there be anything wrong with allowing it to? Shapechange as I understand it is supposed to be the catch-all Polymorph spell (just... in a less borked and more regimented form than 3e), so I feel like, RAI, it *would* be able to had it been published later.
Just your standard power creep. It's an upgrade to the spell, the spell really doesn't need an upgrade, and it'll increase the power of those who have that particular spell if you do.