PDA

View Full Version : DMM Cleric advice.

Metahuman1
2016-03-01, 07:32 PM
So, my group has a player who's trying to get a handle on using DMM: Persist spell on a recently rolled replacement character (He'd been unsatisfied with Fighter). He's having a bit of trouble getting his head around using it however. So, I am planning to throw together a quick clone of his build, and walk him through the finer points of picking and persisting good buff spells with the DM in-between actual sessions. Help him get use to it in a more controlled environment when everyone else needs aren't a factor to be juggled in so that he can get more milage out of it.

Toward that end, I was looking for recommendations for spells to persist, and for others to just have prepared. I know some of the basic one's, Righteous Might and Divine Power, but could use some other recommendations.

Thanks for the help!

Troacctid
2016-03-01, 07:42 PM
Ice Axe and Cloud of Knives, off the top of my head.

Unusual Muse
2016-03-01, 08:08 PM
All of the above, plus Lesser Holy Transformation.

The more Extra Turning feats you have, the better. :smallsmile:

muskasurfer
2016-03-01, 09:07 PM
I agree with all of the recommended spells so far.

If the character wants to be more of a team player, he can DMM: Persist Mass Lesser Vigor on his party. It'll provide the party a long lasting rejuvenation spell.

Divine favor, recitation, and righteous wrath of the faithful all come to mind.

dextercorvia
2016-03-01, 10:05 PM
Necrotic Empowerment, Veil of Undeath, Choose Destiny (domain spell), Lesser Visage of the Deity, Recitation, and Friendly Fire (if you go Divine Magician ACF).

Metahuman1
2016-03-02, 07:47 AM
What domain is Choose Destiny in?

dextercorvia
2016-03-02, 09:55 AM
What domain is Choose Destiny in?

Appropriately enough, the Destiny domain (from Races of Destiny). Basically, you roll every attack or check twice and take the better roll.

Arael666
2016-03-02, 10:43 AM
This (http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=7260)is a good list, a bit lacking but still very good.

ATHATH
2016-03-02, 01:13 PM
If I remember the specifics right, Holy Star gives free-action blasting, which might be nice for a former Fighter-player.

Janthkin
2016-03-02, 01:31 PM
Remember that you can stack Extend and Persist, to get Persisted spells that last for 48 hours.