View Full Version : (INC) The Bellows of War- Battle Thread!!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Andrew Markham
2016-03-01, 08:33 PM
This is an INC area for The Bellows of War campaign. This is where the combat characters will go out on their journey with the army.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-01, 08:36 PM
Wherever you happen to be in Goldenrod, whatever business you are attending to, whether you are new to town, have been here for a while, or are a native citizen, you come across fliers posted here and there that read:

"Attention good fellows of Goldenrod!
By order of Lord Roderick Stenxilkeet, Second Co-Chair of the Makers' Alliance; and due to the Catastrophic effect of the latest Solkari attack upon our infrastructure,

Goldenrod Needs You!

Meetings will be held nightly throughout the week. Those of you who are skilled craftsmen and creators of magic items are asked to gather at the Crafters' Guild Hall at Five O'clock in the evening. Those who are brave enough to venture out into the battle scarred countryside in search of resources to aid us, please gather at the Central Amphitheatre at Five O'clock in the evening.

Your efforts could make the difference!"

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-01, 09:07 PM
A moderatly sized man with purple flesh, red hair, and bronze eyes reads the flyer, his grip on his spear tightens and as smiles.

"Your highness!!! an opportunity has arrisen!! I would suggest taking an interest!"

His voice is rough like gravel, gurgling deep from his chest.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-01, 09:36 PM
A tall and slender, beautiful, male elf gazed along the horizon. Soon, a dear friend of his would be arriving. The situation in Goldenrod required the skill of master crafters. Luckily, Prince Alloishus Figleaf of Lilycove knew of just the Dwarven Forgemaster in the need of exposure and practice. Along with some lost twins he found on the road, Alloishus had the beginnings of a retinue.

Wolfykins
2016-03-01, 09:55 PM
A young-looking kid with a long brown braid trotted over to where several other people had gathered. She didn't bother to look behind her to see if the elf who fancied himself her and her brother's patron was following. She just kind of figured he'd try to keep close enough to keep an eye on her. She knew she looked younger than she was, and to an elf she probably seemed like an infant, but it still irked her to be coddled.

She sidled around to where she could put her back to a column and keep an eye on everyone else while being out of the way. Being overlooked was only an advantage when it didn't result in getting stepped on or knocked over! She looked around at the motley assortment of gathering adventurers with interest.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-01, 10:17 PM
Alloishus was not far behind the youngster on her way to the gathering of adventurer. He could sense power in the mismatched twins, but still saw them as children. He felt a responsibility to these dear orphans to show them the path of good. When he saw her plant herself to a column, he decided to scan the crowd for any familiar faces. He was expecting someone else.

"Vivian." Alloishus called out. Suddenly, a thrush popped out of a satchel from his belt, flew around, and landed on his shoulder.

"What is it, Al?" the little bird squeaked.

Alloishus turned his head slightly to look at the little brown and white avian. "Keep an eye on Kamoru for me, while I look for someone." He asked.

"Fine, but honestly, she can take care of herself." Vivian said before flying off.

Alloishus then began to look through the crowd for his teacher.

paladin_artea
2016-03-01, 10:17 PM
A young human man in his mid-20s has spent most of his day helping put up the flyers asking for aid both on-and-off the battlefields. It was a small job with small pay, but it was the first one he was allowed to take relating to the war effort against Solkar. He knew the best spots in town where people would see the announcement and so took the job.

Every day for the last three years, Trelane Gothos had been itching to try to get back at the Solkari for wiping out his friends and allies of the Thieves' Guild but orders from the highest authorities forbade all but the most powerful to attempt to go to battle as the enemy's goal wasn't conquest but annihilation. Apparently things changed after the anti-magic attack.

"This is my chance now," Trelane said to himself, clutching his fists, "Sneak in, sneak out, and take whatever I can find from the enemy and use it against them. Perfect payback from one of the last members of the Thieves' Guild. I'll be heading to the Central Amphitheater as soon as I finish nailing these things."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-01, 10:22 PM
Each of you, upon seeing the fliers feels inclined to do your part. You make your way to the Central Amphitheatre and take a seat. For whatever reason, you all end up seated in section D. There are about 12-15 other people from various walks of life seated sporadically in sections A-C. A few minutes after 5 a figure walks out onto the stage platform. He is a tall thin humanoid, with emerald green scaled skin, and a snake like head. He wears an brown leather vest atop a chainmail shirt, and a rapier hangs at his side. He steps to the center and gives a half bow.

"Thank you for coming out. It does me glad to see sssuch a turn out. My name isss Osman Swithin of the Black Adder Mercenary Regime.

Asss you may know, earlier this week we sssuffered an attack like nothing we could have prepared for. Goldenrod's chief industry wasss destroyed when some force ssseemingly consumed all magics stored within itemsss for as far as we are aware.

The war effort with the Sssolkari has taken a steep turn sssouth as both Goldenrod's Royal Army and the Black Addersss' greatest warriors were heavily reliant on their magic imbued items to fight the hellish creatures pouring forth from within Sssolkar.

Before I ssscare you away, you are not being asked to join the front linesss. If you choose to join the effort you were called here for, you will be tasked with venturing to the outparcels of Goldenrod where battles have been fought and gathering any materials that may be of value to the Makers' Alliance. It is unlikely that you will encounter any hostile forces if you stick to the areas we have marked on the maps that you will receive. However, it is not impossible, so please, go prepared for anything.

Do any of you have any questions? "

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-01, 10:35 PM
The man with Purple skin speaks up as he stands. He glances down to his student, Prince Alloishus before continuing.

"How many days..... are these ventures outside of Goldenrod?"

"Also, what sort of interference can we expect, no matter how unlikely. Do we expect lesser Dredges? or Drugar? Goblins? "

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-01, 10:59 PM
A man seated in section A asks "So, are we supposed to join this Mercenary troop?"

Osman responds, first to the colorful fella to his right then to the man on his left.

At first, no more than a day'sss travel from the City proper. But asss time goes on, thossse of you who stay, may need to venture further to gather useable resssources.
As to what you'll face, the Sssolkari have been conjuring all manner of evil over the years of war. Their primary population consistsss of Ifrit and Duregar colonies, but they have been known to conjure infernal beastsss, raise the dead, and ally with goblin kin and kobolds. If there is a vile trick, I would not put it passst them.

No, it takes more than attending a meeting like thisss to earn a spot with the Addersss, and we are not a troop. We are a Regime. You will be under the command of General Leonard Spencer Hobbleton and the Royal Army. Just asss I am while the Adders sssupport and reinforce the Army.

Any Others?

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-01, 11:04 PM
The Suli speaks again.

"Will the Holy Avengers be apart of this program?"

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-02, 11:10 AM
Alloishus easily recognized his teacher speaking up from the crowd. "It's just like him to be straight to the point." he said to himself.

After Swithin answered the question, Alloishus had his own. "As ready for combat as I am, could the enemies we might possibly face on the field be reasoned with?"

paladin_artea
2016-03-02, 11:35 AM
Trelane raised his hand, "Not all of us are magically inclined. How will we know if something, that isn't too obvious of course, will be worth retrieving?"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-02, 12:25 PM
Excellent questionsss.
The Holy Avengers, for the time being are remaining inssside the city. It is possible, in these dire timesss, that they will need to enter the fray in the future.

The Sssolkari that I have dealt with seem battle drunk and ruthlesss. I don't know that your influence would be entirely fruitlesss, but remember, they are coming to kill and destroy. They do not seem to have any pressservation agenda at all. They are not here for conquest.

As for knowing what you are after, other than the obvious. You will all be encouraged to visit the Crafters' Guild and find a crafter to assist in the rebuilding. Once you have teamed up with a crafter, you will need to work with them to learn what materials they are in need of.

A graying gnome in section C asks when will we be heading into the rough? to which Osman replies You will be leaving out as soon as you have paired with a crafter. To keep you safer I would suggest that you go out in teams or groups. As a matter of fact, everyone take a look around you. The people in your immediate section are now your team. If you don't know each other, get familiar. These will be the people who you are responsible for and who are responsible for you. Learn their faces, learn their names.

Now, if there are no further questions, you are dismissed. Meet back here once you are ready to head out. And don't forget to grab a map on the way out. Osman motions to a podium near the west exit with a small stack of maps on top of it.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-02, 02:29 PM
Billy takes note of those nearby, Recognizing a few of them.

"Your highness, if you dont need me, Ill be going to locate a Crafter to pair with. I assume you have somone in mind. "

paladin_artea
2016-03-02, 08:55 PM
Trelane looked around at the hodgepodge of people gathered in the same section as he, "Well I guess I'll introduce myself first. My name is Trelane Gothos. I hope we will make a good team to help our Goldenrod take on Solkar."

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-02, 09:12 PM
Alloishus nodded to Billy. "Indeed I do. He arrived today."

He then held out his hand to Trelane. "Nice to meet you. I am Alloishus Figleaf of Lilygrove. My rank is the equalivant of a prince. Call me Alloishus, Al, Prince, Your Highness. Whichever you like."

Wolfykins
2016-03-02, 09:46 PM
Kamoru kept near the back, quietly observing. But it seemed like everyone would be leaving soon, so she sidled around behind Alloishus and tapped his elbow.
"You carriage doesn't hold much cargo, so once we get Kamyol's stuff and whatever I'm leaving behind unpacked and into whatever lodgings he's getting, we can figure out what supplies you want to add." Kamoru glanced around at the others and added, "You guys can add things too, if you want. But I don't want to load the wagon down too much, or else there won't be room for whatever salvage we find."

She started for the door, but then paused, "Where should we meet up? I'm not sure if the people staying in town are being given lodgings or where that would be, yet, so..." She trailed off and shrugged.

paladin_artea
2016-03-02, 10:51 PM
"A Prince!?" Trelane's eyes widened in shock, "I never thought someone of royal rank would take a risk like going out in this mess we're in, at least not directly in person and for another kingdom other than theirs," He took his hand in a firm handshake, "I think I can trust a man like you." he then turned to Alloishus's companion, "I've lived here most of my life. If you follow the street that's just out the entrance we came into this building, there's a decent inn we can all meet at." he suggested.

Wolfykins
2016-03-02, 11:28 PM
Kamoru nodded at Trelane. "Alright; hopefully it won't take long to unpack the wagon and get things in order. Later!" She glanced at Alloishus again briefly before slipping out the door.

Treebeard
2016-03-03, 10:40 AM
Skrolk scurries out and heads over to where the fighters are gathering. He finds the nearest one "Skrolk hears that this is where combat people gather, yes-yes?"

Andrew Markham
2016-03-03, 11:10 AM
The combatants break up their meeting and go their separate ways. With both fear and anticipation for their coming battles, they all head home to rest.

It is now Day 2 of the crafting project.

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 11:22 AM
Kamoru spends 5 sp on a good breakfast, and 3 sp on 1/2 lb of meat for Niyolaku, at the inn where the adventurers are to meet. She opts to take her food with her outside and sit in the wagon with her wolf companion to eat. In addition to the meat, Kamoru also gives Niyolaku a whet bone from her backpack to chew on. She leans back against the edge of the wagon and watches the people begin the daily bustle while she waits for the others.
When chewed upon by a creature for no fewer than 15 minutes, a whet bone grants the creature a +1 bonus on its next damage roll the first time it hits with a (non magical) bite attack.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-03, 01:01 PM
Skrolk scurries out and heads over to where the fighters are gathering. He finds the nearest one "Skrolk hears that this is where combat people gather, yes-yes?"

A greying gnome aproaches the rat-man. Combat people? Oh my! They never said anything about fighting. They just asked for people brave enough to go out and gather resources. Well I, ... I hope there's no fighting. That's what the soldiers are for.

But anyway, most everyone has left. They'll be back this evening or tomorrow, I'm sure of it.

Treebeard
2016-03-03, 01:38 PM
Skrolk looks over at the gnome, his tail twitching some "Hmm, Skrolk will be back this evening then, gnome" Skrolk scurries out of the building and heads off to his lab

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 03:16 PM
Kamoru was wrapping up breakfast when she looked up to see Kamyol approaching. Eh? What are you doing here? Don't you have work to do?
Kamyol leaned on the wagon to catch his breath. Yes, but I did some work last night already. Got lucky, made extras. So I have two potions for you to take with you in case you get hurt or something. But that's not really why I'm here.
Kamoru looked at her brother with interest as he handed her a folded piece of paper. Dreams?
Yes, I was thinking about you going out without me last night, so I'm guessing this will be of use to you. It seems like it might point you in the right direction to find something good. Might also be a warning of danger, I'm not really sure. I just make the prophecies, I don't interpret them! Even his thoughts had a wry tone.

Kamoru read the cryptic message, then refolded it and tucked the paper in her pocket. "Thanks," she said, "I don't know for sure if the others will want to take heed of it, but I'll try!"
"Have a bit more confidence, sister," Kamyol scolded, "If you always go around thinking people aren't going to listen to you anyway, you're going to be proven right because you won't be coming across like you mean what you say! Remember, these people aren't our people. They're not necessarily going to judge you by your size."
Kamoru gave Kamyol a dubious look. Lost orphans in need of protecting?
Kamyol shook his head. Don't judge everyone else based on one off-beat elf!
Kamoru smiled, "Alright, I'll try to be more open."
Kamyol handed her the two potions and turned to head back to the lab.

"Six above scorch scarred faces, four below quiet places.
Mind the larkin cry."

paladin_artea
2016-03-03, 06:33 PM
The next morning, Trelane got his pack ready, carrying what he hoped were enough supplies for a day trip. He bought an apple from a vendor on his way to the inn he pointed out to the others the night before and was munching on it when he came across the young lady from the night before, "Good morning. You were with that Prince Al guy right? Guess we're the first to arrive." He then finished his apple and tossed the core in the garbage barrel just by the inn's entrance, "I'm sorry I didn't catch your name last night. Trelane Gotos at your service."

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 06:42 PM
"Ah--" Kamoru hesitated, somewhat surprised, "You can just call me Kamoru." She cleared her throat, feeling awkward. "We came in with the elven noble, yeah. Not... exactly by choice. AH, not like he abducted us or anything!" Kamoru waved her hands and flushed slightly. "He grates on my nerves a bit, but I guess that's just nobility for you, right? We didn't really have that where I'm from."

Kamoru pulled out a waterskin and took a gulp, then after a pause, offered it to Trelane. "This is a communal effort, right? If you want to lighten your load, there's still plenty of room in the wagon. I'm sure Alloishus will have his silly carriage, but it's more of a passenger thing than a cargo thing..."

paladin_artea
2016-03-03, 06:59 PM
Trelane held up his hands in a mock surrender, "Whoa you're going a mile a minute there friend. No need to be shy if we're going to be working together for a while." He took the offered waterskin with a a small smile and a gulp of water before returning it to her, "Royalty may be annoying at times, but they have their uses. Of course the way Prince Al was acting, I'd say he's an exception rather than a rule. I guess I'll have to get to know him better too...but you really don't have anything like that where you're from? I know quite a lot about Goldenrod and the surrounding area, but not much beyond that. I'd be interested in hearing about your home sometime Kamoru."

Treebeard
2016-03-03, 07:01 PM
Skrolk makes his way back to the hall he was at the previous day and searches around for someone to question "Hmm, Skrolk wonders where everyone is, yes-yes" He smells the food from the inn across the way and hears his stomach growling "Hmm, Skrolk is hungry. Must get something to eat-eat" He heads over to the inn and goes inside.

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 07:09 PM
Kamoru tilted her head to watch the ratfolk go in the inn. "Didn't I see that guy going into the amphitheater as I was leaving yesterday? Do you think he's joining the party or looking for someone?"

paladin_artea
2016-03-03, 07:16 PM
Trelane blinked, trying to rack his brain to see if he remembered the ratfolk from yesterday, "I don't recall seeing him at last night's meeting, just you and the rest of Prince Al's entourage, but it doesn't hurt to check up on him," He removed his pack and set it in Kamoru's cart before walking into the inn to look for him. Seeing the stranger taking a seat, Trelane walked over and sat at the table next to his and subtly whispered, "Excuse me. A friend of mine was wondering if you were looking for us?"

Treebeard
2016-03-03, 07:21 PM
Skrolk turns to look at the person who talked to him "You were at the meeting place last night, yes-yes?" As he talks, his tail twitches about behind him. "Skrolk wish to speak to someone who was. Skrolk hears that the makers and the fighters are teaming up"

paladin_artea
2016-03-03, 07:25 PM
Trelane nods and raises his hand to a server to order a glass of milk before turning to Skrolk, "Yes we were at the meeting last night and it is our mission now to aid the crafters by bringing them supplies. Do you want to wait until the rest of our group is assembled before talking further with us?"

Treebeard
2016-03-03, 07:28 PM
Skrolk scratches his snout, causing his whiskers to twitch "Hmm, Skrolk does like having supplies to build things with. But first, food"

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 07:31 PM
Kamoru put the waterskin away and leaned back against Niyolaku with a sigh. He licked turned his head and licked her ear, so she reached around and scratched his ear until he lowered his head to go back to chewing the whet bone, taking his ear out of reach. She folded her hands across her knee and waited for everyone else to gather. She turned Kamyol's cryptic message over in her mind, trying to decide what the most logical meaning was for the words that had multiple possible meanings.

paladin_artea
2016-03-03, 07:32 PM
Trelane let out a hearty laugh, "Food is always good! I'll go see if my companion has eaten yet, be right back." He then went outside where Kamoru was, "You were right Kamoru he's a crafter and eager to talk with us. Want to join us for some breakfast?"

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 07:36 PM
"I just finished eating shortly before you arrived here, actually. Fed my wolf, too," she patted Niyolaku's rump. "I should stay here and keep an eye on things. You never know when someone easily tempted to take things that don't belong to them might happen by an unattended wagon."

paladin_artea
2016-03-03, 07:49 PM
"Yes. Yes you bring up an excellent point," Trelane replied with a nod, "Keep an eye on things then." Then he added in a singsong voice, "I'm trusting you."

He re-entered the inn and ordered some sausage and eggs for himself and sat back with Skrolk, "looks like it's just you and me for now. Food time!"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-03, 08:47 PM
Osman walks down the street, passing Kamoru and her cart and heading towards the Amphitheatre.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-03, 09:36 PM
Alloishus rushed to meet up with the others. He had forgotten to leave time to prepare his spells for the day.

0-Level
Acid Splash
Mage Hand
Detect Magic
Light
Spark

1-Level
Burning Hands
Chill Touch
Shocking Grasp
Hydraulic Push
Shield

2-Level
Armor Lock
Fiery Runes
Communal Mount
Communal Mount

3-Level
Dispel Magic

Running to the inn to meet up with his allies, the elf knew it was late and likely to be the last one there but he just had to look like a proper royal warrior. With a sweet bun in his mouth he stopped to find out two of his allies actually at the meeting place. He took a moment to catch his breath. "I thought I was the late one." He said with a slight amount of embarrassment.

"Good morning Kamoru, my dear ward. How do you do?" Alloishus asked having regained his composure.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-03, 09:40 PM
Billy had acquired much better living quarters for the next few months and passed the inn on his way to the amphitheater. He was already fed and on time. He expected the Prince to have learned from his lessons. In combat, those who show up early, pick the field of battle.

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 09:43 PM
Kamoru suppressed a grimace and carefully schooled a neutral expression. "I'm fine; nothing of note to mention. Ah, er, other than Kamyol had another important dream last night." She tapped her pocket, rustling the folded paper there. "One of our allies is inside, talking to a ratfolk crafter about something. Presumably what kinds of things to look for among the salvage. Did Bart give you a list or anything like that?"

Kamoru hiked over the edge of the wagon, and Niyolaky followed. She patted the side of the wagon and looked up at Alloishus.
"Did you bring anything you want loaded on the wagon?"

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-03, 09:43 PM
ENTOS ran quickly toward the Ampitheather to catch up to Osman.

"Osman!!!!"

Finally getting close he pulls out what appears to be... a very.... light wand with what looks like something had been eating through the wood.

"Here, this should help you and your fellow combatants. The Command word is Filler"

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-03, 09:48 PM
"Bart and I are playing it by ear this early in the game. I've heard Kamyol has had some success in his craftings." Alloishus smiled.

"Anyway, as for the cart, I'll keep my things with me until we hit the road. Do you have any firewood per chance? If not, I have some we can use." Alloishus asked

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 09:54 PM
Kamoru blinked. "Wow, word travels fast. I didn't know Kamyol had even talked to anyone but me yet today. Although I guess he probably wasn't alone in the work area, so he probably didn't need to say anything. Yeah, he had very good success. He gave me two 'Cure Lesser Wound' potions to take today."
Kamoru hoisted herself back up into the wagon and began rummaging through things. "Firewood, firewood... nope. I have tinder in a few places, but no firewood. Seems like the kind of thing that can be collected on the trail, anyway."

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-03, 11:06 PM
Alloishus looked at Kamoru thoughtfully. "Ah, good point, my dear. Best save that for the longer, rougher trips."

"I shall be bringing my personal carriage. If you wish to hitch up your donkeys and wagon to mine, we shall travel in comfort together." Alloishus radiating excitement.

He looked aside in thought. "Though, I'll need to hire a driver then."

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 11:13 PM
Kamoru shook her head. "I'm not sure that's a good idea. If the carriage and the wagon are attached, whatever happens to one will happen to the other. 'Don't put all your eggs in one basket,' so to speak. You know?"

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-03, 11:21 PM
"Oh Kamoru. You're so practical." Alloishu huffed. "Very well, but your company will be missed."

He headed for the Inn. "You said one of our companions was inside. So inside I go."

Inside he looked around for a familiar face and found one. "Ah, Trelane, my friend!" he called out.

Wolfykins
2016-03-03, 11:28 PM
Kamoru rolled her eyes and shook her head at Alloishus's back. "Well one of us has to be practical!" she muttered under her breath.
She straightened up the gear in the wagon, pushing Trelane's pack up to the front, just behind the donkeys. The she jumped back out of the wagon and walked over to check the pack saddles to make sure they were properly secured and the weight evenly distributed.
"You probably don't need to carry a week's worth of feed each for a short trip like this, but you never know what might happen. We could end up stranded or something, right?" She patted the piebald donkey's neck affectionately as she talked to it, then reached under his head to scratch the bay donkey's cheek so it wouldn't feel left out.

Kamoru took a few steps to the side and turned and leaned against the side of the wagon and started tapping her foot impatiently, wondering how long it would take to get going. Niyolaku just kept chewing the whet bone contentedly.

Treebeard
2016-03-04, 07:10 AM
Skrolk nods slowly "Yes, Skrolk will join you for food"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-04, 09:34 AM
Osman turns to see ENTOS running up to him, as he is handed the wand he asks Umm, thanks. What does it do?

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 09:37 AM
"it contains the spell, Cure Light Wounds"

He poses a Stance

"It will use my might to pull your wounds closed! and possibly save those who would fall in battle!"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-04, 10:32 AM
Well, that will certainly come in handy. Osman tips an imaginary hat to the gnome in thanks and continues on to the Amphitheatre to see who has arrived.

After everyone has returned to the Amphitheatre, Osman looks around. It would appear that I have scared a few people off. Sections A and B will need to work together, you'll be going out to the mill. Orvis here will go with you. a large male half-orc walks in and leads this group out. Hanar, since no one showed up for section C, you can either wait here for latecomers, or you can join us. he looks to an older looking gentleman with pale blue skin.

The rest of you in section D are with me. To be clear, I'm not your leader, I'm not your CO. I'm just a guy who got out of dish duty this week for agreeing to run last night's orientation and report back to General Hobbleton as to our findings. As soon as you're ready, we'll head out. We're going to head out to Greymane farm. There was a battle there not long ago. The Army found a detachment of Solkari holed up there and drove them out. No one has seen or heard from the Graymanes.

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 12:12 PM
Kamoru frowned thoughtfully and tapped her cheek. "Uh, hey, Osman?" She lifted her hand a little and wiggled her fingers and asked, "How many made up the Graymane family?"

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 12:13 PM
Billy Stands and raises his spear toward the air.

" I am Ready. For those who will stand with me, I am a battle tactician, I can grant protection to those who stand with me, and move those around me in great success to win the day. I can heal during Combat as part of attacking and defense. If you stand with me, You will stand beneath the protective wings of the Solar Al'asadriel. "

For a moment an almost ghostly image of wings apears at his back spreading out behind him before fading away. Billy looks to the meek girl who spoke up.

"If any still breath, we shall find them"

paladin_artea
2016-03-04, 12:16 PM
"At least I found a crafter to work with," Trelane thought as he left the inn and returned to the amphitheater with the others. He listened quietly to the mission Osman spelled out for them, but then had to suppress a chuckle at Billy's declaration, "Man you sure have a flair for the dramatic. Are you sure you're not a Bard?"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-04, 12:27 PM
I did not know them personally young lady. Though I believe reportsss said they had two children and at leassst one hired hand. So, five or sssix, I'd imagine.

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 12:30 PM
Kamoru's heart sank. "I... see." Her expression turned pensive and she absentmindedly tapped the pocket containing Kamyol's note.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 12:34 PM
Billy looks to the princes meek young ward.

"Young lady. You have left your brother to go out as a combatent. Please. Share. What talents do you have to lend in the combative sense?"

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 12:44 PM
Kamoru jumped slightly, jarred out of her reverie. "Oh, um, I'm pretty fast and light; good reflexes, good head for tactics. I usually go for one-on-one with an enemy, but I have Niyolaku for backup. He's my wolf companion. I'm pretty good with animals. I like to be prepared for anything. I know some basic first aid, too. I doubt I could restore someone to combat-readiness, but I could at least keep them from bleeding to death! I know my brother looks like the type who could dish out some pain in battle, and he can if he has to, but that's just really not his forte. He's the healer, I'm the fighter." Kamoru looked Billy in the eyes, "Is that what you wanted to know?" she asked.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 01:01 PM
Billy smiles warmly to her as she explains. He does not break eye contact while she speaks.

"Yes. Thats the sort of information I was looking for. A Duelist fighting style with a Wolf Pet for back up. Noted. But more so, I actually thought the two of you would flee from the Princes attentions once in the city, but because it seems you will be in our company longer, what is your name?"

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 01:14 PM
"Not really a duelist; I don't use swords, or usually any weapon..." She shook her head, "My name's Kamoru, and it's not like the elf kidnapped us or anything like that. I don't need to run and hide from him. " She lowered her voice and leaned towards Billy with a wry expression. "He annoys me, that's all." Kamoru leaned back and raised her voice again and added, "If nothing else, Alloishus helped me get some armor his people specialize in making, so I'm not going to act like an ingrate."

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 01:30 PM
Billy nodded in confirmation when she spoke about not using swords.

"I didnt mean to imply the use of weapons, I am the prince's teacher in Combat, so I was speaking of duelist as a broad term of one on one combat, rather then the concept of some swashbuckler or muskateer. I am well aware of the draw that Prince Alloishus has with his personality. It is nice to meet you Kamoru, I am Weapon's Master Billy Robbins. "

He then turns back to the man who made the Bard comment a moment before.

"The winner of a fight is the man who strikes when the iron is hot. The winner must know themselves, and their capabilties, so that others can know when to rely upon them."

He extends his hand toward the man.

"How might we rely upon you?"

paladin_artea
2016-03-04, 02:50 PM
"Well...Billy was it? You may call me Trelane," he said clasping the offered hand, "As for my talents, let's say I'm a former member of the Thieves' Guild...former because the Solkari overran it a few years ago," he clenched his other fist tight as he said this, "I'm one of the few survivors, possibly the only one, because I haven't run into anyone from those days since. However I still have the skills I learned from them. I'm a knife fighting, master of disguise who speaks half a dozen languages including that of the Duegar slaves that serve the Solkari. I've had some experience on their turf too. I've experienced the types of booby traps they may set first hand. While you and the rest of Prince Al's entourage are obviously foreigners, I've lived here all my life, so whatever you need from around here, I'm the man to find it. I've also trained in desert survival and know some first aid. How's that for a resume?"

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 02:57 PM
Billy Nods in approval as the man speaks. Gripping his hand firmly in greeting before releasing it.

"Impressive. A Rogue type will always be useful where ever we go. Your experiance in language will no doubt be needed. Those who stand with me gain additional benefit from flanking with those who stand amongst me. While we are foreign to the city, we are not foreign to the task at hand. But beleive me when I say, the Solkari will pay for every innocent life taken. I hope we can find your fallen comrads rest in the afterlife through your blade."

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 02:59 PM
Kamoru slanted a look at Trelane, surprised. She thought about their earlier conversation and felt a twinge of embarrassment mixed with confusion. I guess I misjudged him, she thought, he can't be as easily trusting as he seemed, so he must've been up to something. But then again, maybe not, since it doesn't seem likely he'd admit to being a thief now, if he did. She puzzled over it in her mind for a moment longer, but her thoughts kept circling back around to the missing Graymane family.

paladin_artea
2016-03-04, 03:19 PM
Trelane then looked at Kamoru with a bit of sadness, "Kamoru...I know you hope to find survivors at the Greymane's home, but the Solkari are not known for their mercy. They are most likely dead so I wouldn't get my hopes too high if I were you. The only slim chance they may have had would've been to run so if they succeeded, we wouldn't find a trace of them in that case either. I'm not saying we won't try to find out what happened to them, but just...I'd hate for this first mission to be your last because this won't be a cakewalk. It's going to be traumatic. I speak from experience on this."

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 03:28 PM
Kamoru shook her head, expression turning grim. "Honestly, I don't really hope or expect to find them alive, it's just..." she hesitated, frowning. "Well, my brother... Ah, he's an oracle, and at night sometimes--most of the time--he has prophetic dreams. Last night included. He caught up with me this morning to tell me about it. It's cryptic, to say the least, but what else would you expect, right?" She sighed and fidgeted with her pocket.
"I think there's a chance we will find them, and it won't be pretty. But it's more that I worry there might be a trap or ambush or something."
She met Trelane's gaze sharply. "Don't think that I'm some kind of dainty fainting lady with 'the vapors' here, it's not like that. You're not the only one who's seen things."

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 04:54 PM
Closing his spellbook having finished up studying his spells for the day, Alloishus looked up with a serious look. "I hope no one has to die, but in war, this hope is unrealistic."

Alloishus perked up quickly though. "If there is a trap, my familiar, Vivian, will see it. She can scout ahead from the air."

paladin_artea
2016-03-04, 04:54 PM
Trelane, once again held his arms to try to show he didn't mean any offense, "I'm sorry Kamoru. I didn't mean to imply you were weak-willed. It's just...even someone who's 'seen things' would be horrified at the Solkari's atrocities. I wanted to make sure you were prepared," then he showed a small smirk, "But I can see you do have some fire in you. That's good. And your brother's an oracle. That will make things...interesting to say the least."

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 05:07 PM
Billy looks towards his student.

"well spoken your highness. war is without mercy. "

He turns back toward the two he was already talking to.

"It's not a competition. Everyone here has seen atrocities of varied degrees that has affected each of us in a unique manner, to attempt to compare and weigh them against each other would belittle those experiences. "

He looks away in thought. Thinking back to lost friends. He snaps back to attention as if someone had dropped a glass.

" we cannot change the past. but with our our hands. we can set.a course for a better future"

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 05:11 PM
Kamoru looked at Alloishus with uncertainty. "Vivian is certainly helpful, but she can only spot danger from above, not below. If there's something underground, like a pitfall or a trapdoor with enemies under it, or anything like that, she might miss it."
She looked back at Trelane and said flatly, "I'm used to being underestimated. When enemies do it, it's helpful. But allies need to believe in each other and trust each other. I don't want you to waste resources or take undue risks playing hero for the 'damsel in distress' when it's not needed. I also don't want you to take on more than you can handle because you're afraid to ask me for help." She smiled slightly, trying to look a touch friendlier.

But the smile faded after a moment and she looked away. "Besides, the Solkari aren't the only ones capable of atrocities. At least with them you know not to expect mercy! Unlike--" she stopped short and clammed up, folding her arms across her chest, mouth tight. "Nevermind, that's besides the point," she muttered.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-04, 07:47 PM
On second thought, why don't you wait here for any latecomersss and then catch up when you're able. I ssseem to remember, you're pretty good at that. Osman said to the old man before getting the rest of you ready to go.

With the party gathered you head west out of town and walk until just after noon. You walk through fields that once grew grains but have recently been burned to the ground. A few trees dot the landscape and on the horizon you See the tops of grain silos, a barn and a farmhouse.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 08:04 PM
While on the move, Billy's eyes seem to glaze over with a dimmest pure white light. He looks around casually as the group moves, scouting with his eyes. He talks and looks towards people when they speak, it gives the impression that he can see more.

While traveling and until I say otherwise, Billy is in eyes of the Crane Stance, which gives him 60 foot Detect Evil. and can roll twice to over come concealment. 1st round pings if there is any evil within 60 feet of my cone. he will looker harder if a ping goes off.

As the group spots the farmstead Billy inhales deeply.

"We are here, I would suggest we leave the wagon and carriage and form up, Moving in formation, if this a trap, I can defend us all better that way. "

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 08:21 PM
"Alloishus, we should put on our armor now, before we go further," Kamoru said grimly. She reached into the wagon and pulled out her leaf armor and put it on. "Niyolaku," she said, "heel!" Niyolaku came around behind her and followed closely.

Kamoru stopped, and listened intently.

Perception check: [roll0]

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 08:33 PM
"A suggestion well met." Alloishus replied.

He put his leaf armor on quickly enough and left his backpack in his carriage. His mace was at his side. His composite bow, quiver, and curved sword on his back. Vivian rested on his shoulders.

He had a feeling he should get serious.

Alloishus casts Detect Magic and scans the area they're heading to for magical auras.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-04, 09:18 PM
The blue-skinned man in gray robes rides up on a horse. He has no weapons or armor. He moves up alongside Osman and nods respectfully. "Forgive my tardiness," he says formally, "I needed to prepare my magic based on the parameters of this mission. As per your instructions, I have concentrated on surveillance, anti-enemy surveillance, and support spells for today's encounter. I, of course, am also a competent magical healer, and am prepared to use my energies on that aspect of combat if necessary. With skill and fortitude, none should lose their lives this day."

"Now, Master Osman. I am prepared to cast both scrying and anti-scrying at your word."

paladin_artea
2016-03-04, 09:22 PM
Trelane wondered what Kamoru was going to say before she cut herself off, but he shrugged his shoulders "Everyone has something from their past they'd rather keep to themselves. She'll open up if she wants." They traveled in silence until they arrived at the farm. He was already wearing his weapons and armor but from his pack he grabbed a few of the more necessary supplies. "Perhaps I should take this chance to scout around too.

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 09:22 PM
Kamoru waved at the newcomer, gesturing for quiet. "I heard something, over by that tree by the farmhouse!" she hissed, pointing. "And look--" she pointed down at the ground around them and leading towards the tree. "Tracks. It looks like some people were marching, but it looks like there was also a scuffle. I think there's something over there. We should be careful. I still think there could be a trap."

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 09:39 PM
"Vivian. Scout the farmhouse, but keep your distance." Alloishus commanded.

Handle Animal
[roll0]

Alloishus concentrated on the farmhouse and the tree beside it. As they get closer, eventually he'd be close enough to scan the area. He drew his bow and loaded an arrow.

Perception
[roll1]

He scanned the area of approach with his regular vision.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 09:41 PM
Billy moves forward of the group, watching Trelane go forth to scout.

"Okay boys and girls. lets set up formation. "

He closes his eyes for a moment as he taps into his own martial power.

Until other wise stated, using Feat Martial Power, gives a -3 to attack, and gives 6 Temporary HP until the next round until it resets back to 6 again, wither or not damage is taken.

Indomitable Prescence As long as you stay within 30 feet of Billy, you gain the Feat Die Hard. and a +3 to Fortitude saves versus death effects, fatigue or exhaustion effects, or poison effects as a morale bonus.

"Osman to my Immediate Left. Kamoru to my Immediate Front. Hanar, Immediatly Behind me. Your Highness, to my immediate right,If we stay together, we will fight as one, and no force will stand against us. Stay in Rank, and as we approach, dont leave formation especially if they have numbers. Formation will keep them from surrounding us."

paladin_artea
2016-03-04, 09:52 PM
Trelane stopped when he was about 100 feet from the cart and held up his hand to warn the others not to approach any closer. He gestured with his hands that he was going to attempt to check the area for possible traps.

Linguistics check to make his signs make sense for the others. [roll0]

Checking for traps [roll1]

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 09:53 PM
Vivian ignored Alloishus' command. He huffed in annoyance.

"Yes, Master." He replied to Billy.

Alloishus got in position and focused at Trelane, ready to supply cover fire.

"I've got Trelane's back." He whispered.

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 09:53 PM
Kamoru stepped up in front of Billy, keeping on the balls of her feet with her hands in fists at chest level, in a posture of readiness. She kept her eyes and ears open for danger. Niyolaku followed, his hackles raised in response to the obvious tension.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-04, 10:01 PM
Osman falls into formation and draws his rapier. The thin foil sings as it is pulled from its frog.

paladin_artea
2016-03-04, 10:05 PM
Trelane called out to the others, "Okay seems safe. There were some traps here but some poor souls already tripped them. There's no signs of what happened to them after. I think we should go around this area a bit before heading in further."

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 10:11 PM
Billy Nods as almost everyone has fallen in Rank but Hanar.

"Hanar, Catch up once you have made your preparations. Formation, Forward march!"

Billy begins to move the formation toward the farmstead around the trapped area at a speed of 20, allowing for size and armor of the formation. He continues to gaze around, waiting for a ping from his supernatural sense from his pure white eyes.

"Trelane, Fall in Rank behind Osman so you will be able to swing out at the right moment to take advantage of any who might face us."

While withing 30 ft of Billy, you also get an additional +1 bonus to attack when flanking with an ally for a total of +3 when flanking.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 10:14 PM
Alloishus refocused on his magic.

Alloishus recasts Detect Magic to continue to scan the area.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-04, 10:19 PM
As you draw closer you see a quaint country farm house, a matching barn and a few grain silos behind them.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/farmhouse.jpg

Moving at a speed of 20 it takes 1 minute, 30 seconds to reach the farmyard. (Map will come tomorrow)

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 10:44 PM
As the center of the formation hits about 55 feet from the farmstead Billys eyes grow wide.

"Formation halt, and hold, Assessing new information"

Billy holds the formation looking around trying to find the strength and specific location of what he is sensing.

[roll0] Perception Check.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 10:48 PM
"I am detecting magic." Alloishus quietly announced as the party was 75 feet from the farmhouse.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 10:58 PM
Billy speaks to Al but does not look to him.

"Find the source and the type of magic.... I sense Evil.... I am attempting to locate it now..."

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 11:03 PM
Alloishus was already searching for the source. "Magic and evil. Sounds like a volatile combination." he quipped.

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 11:17 PM
"If I had to guess, I'd look towards that tree," Kamoru said quietly, gesturing towards it with her chin. "Kamyol's prophecy mentioned a lark's cry, and I heard one coming from around that tree."

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 11:19 PM
"Now that we're here in a tense situation, what was Kamyol's prophesy anyway?" Alloishus asked.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 11:22 PM
"Its inside the House.... its a feint aura of Evil.... so it could be anything from an Ogre, to a Goblin. Your Highness, what can you sense?"

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 11:23 PM
Kamoru pulled the note out of her pocket, unfolded it and handed it to Alloishus. "Six above scorch scarred faces, four below quiet places. Mind the larkin cry," she recited. "I'm not sure exactly what it means. I have kind of a hunch. Osman did say there could've been six members of the Graymane family, and the farm shows obvious fire damage, so..." she trailed off and shrugged, expression grim.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 11:24 PM
"Feint necromatic aura in the house. Feint divine aura directly below us." Alloishus reported as soon as he analyzed the auras.

Alloishus stayed focused on his spell so did not think too deeply about the prophesy. "Opinions on the prophesy, friends? Scorched. Fire. Ifrits?"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-04, 11:29 PM
No sooner had AL spoke, when the ground beneath you began to grow wet, you feel yourselves sinking into what is quickly becoming a mire. Before long you are four feet deep in mud. (Reflex saves all around)

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 11:29 PM
"Necromatic aura? Do you think... the Graymanes...?" She shook her head, expression darkening further.

Kamoru swore as the ground softened.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-04, 11:33 PM
Billy sinks into the Ground as it liquefies. He sighes a curse under his breath.

"Evil doesnt mean stupid... get out if you can, but stay close until we can regroup. "

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-04, 11:47 PM
Alloishus was able to continue moving, albeit slowly in the mud, but his concentration broke.

"Fabulous." he said deadpan. "And that was a transmutation aura if that wasn't obvious enough."

"So, I detected the divine aura below us but Billy did not detect evil below us. That's promising."

Wolfykins
2016-03-04, 11:56 PM
Kamoru and Niyolaku slogged towards the perimeter of the mud.
"Ugh," Kamoru's lip curled in aggravation. "I guess that's the 'four below' then, given the depth of this mud? If I were any shorter, it would be damn-near over my head! Not exactly what I was expecting, but I still feel like I should've seen this coming." She sighed and glanced over her shoulder at Billy. "Don't worry, I think I have an idea of how to get you out once I get myself out, alright?"

paladin_artea
2016-03-05, 05:59 PM
As his companions started to get more tense and suspicious of their surroundings, Trelane drew his daggers, getting ready for a confrontation. However he didn't expect to have a confrontation with a quagmire. "Whoa!" he shouted as he tried to manuver his way through it, "Man this sucks...can't move as fast as normal...and don't worry Kamoru...You above all of us should...realize that the prophecies...from Oracles are usually vague like that...Don't beat yourself up...for not...interpreting things...perfectly...This is...just...a...minor...setback..." he said as he struggled through the deep mud.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-05, 06:20 PM
As the thick mud clings to your legs and torsos it slows you to a near halt. (Everyone but Billy is reduced to half speed.) Billy finds it very difficult to move, the pressure from being surrounded by people struggling to get free presses the mud more tightly around him causing him to become utterly stuck for [roll0] rounds. Osman looks around and quips Well I guess it could be worse. just then Kamoru feels something large brush past her legs moving freely in the mud. (Failed Grapple 26 vs 27 posted in dice.)

Suddenly, Billy feels a large gruff hand grip him by the lower leg. The breadth of the hand covering over half the length of his shin. (Grapple, 24 vs FCMD of 20 posted in dice)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Bellows1.1.png
Initiative Order:
Group A- Hanar, AL, #4
Group B- #2, #1, Osman, Niyolaku
Group C- #3, Billy, Kamoru, Trelane

Wolfykins
2016-03-05, 06:30 PM
Kamoru turned her head sharply to look at Osman. "Oh, believe me, it just got worse!"

Andrew Markham
2016-03-05, 08:22 PM
Hanar pushes himself up slightly in his saddle. He casts Haste, targeting the entire company, himself, and the horse. (+30 feet of movement; +1 to hit, Dodge AC, and Reflex saves; can make an extra attack when full attacking)

"I shall return." Hanar moves to one side of his saddle and steps off, disappearing into a rift. He reappears in the tree 75 feet to the east.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-05, 08:29 PM
The large hand around Billy's leg begins to tighten. [roll0] vs 23 Billy begins to sink further into the mire. He disappears entirely in seconds as he is dragged into the earth.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-05, 10:41 PM
"Billy!" Alloishus yelled in a panic. He quickly regained his composure. If I'm going to help him, I need to get out of this trap first, he thought.

Alloishus sloshed through the mud, moving ten feet south. Pulling himself out of the mud, he turned around and cast Detect Magic again, focusing on where Billy was.

Wolfykins
2016-03-05, 10:45 PM
Kamoru watched in horror as Billy disappeared into the mud. She gave herself a mental shake and her expression changed to one of determination. "Damn, alright, time for 'plan b' then!"

Niyolaku scrambled out of the mud on the east side and stood at the edge, whining.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-05, 10:57 PM
From the area Niyolaku sank into two wolves appeared.
(Perception to tell them apart since they're both covered in mud. DC 20 for everyone but Kamoru DC 10 for you)
One Wolf attacked the other with a rage filled bite. [roll0] to hit [roll1] possible dmg. If the bite finds its mark it will try to drag the other wolf off its feet [roll2](trip) A trickle of blood runs from the bite wound but the Wolf keeps its feet.

Meanwhile Osman scammers out of the mud to the north and glances at the wolves [roll3] Whoa now, I thought we only had one of those.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-05, 11:05 PM
"Billy is five feet below and we got more transmutation auras around him." Alloishus reported. "More info to come as I get it."

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-05, 11:08 PM
Slipping under the muck Billy holds his breath. Hoping he can be able to get out of the mud before he ran out of air. He uses his might to kick the hand grabbing him from his leg.

Wolfykins
2016-03-05, 11:11 PM
Kamoru did a doubletake. "There IS only one! Augh... no time! Alloishus! If you can tell them apart, help Niyolaku if you can!"
She reached into her backpack, pulled out a rope and tied it snugly around her chest, tugging the knots extra tight to compensate for the slick mud. "Osman!" she cried as she dropped the rest of the rope on top of the mud, "Grab the rope! Give me enough time to grab Billy and then try to pull us up! Trelane! Be ready to help Osman pull!"
Then she took a deep breath and dove after Billy.

Move: retrieve stored item
Action: secure rope
Free: drop rope, fall prone

paladin_artea
2016-03-05, 11:36 PM
"Crap! NO!" Trelane shouted when they saw Billy go down into the muck. "I've got an idea..." He grabbed the free end of the rope Kamoru tossed towards him and Osman and tied it around Hanar's horse securely, then he looked over to where Hanar was, "Hey Blue Boy! Why not use that trick of yours to get them out?! Or if you can't, at least get your butt down here and HELP US!" He wanted to get out of the mud as soon as possible but the muck was really slowing him down.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-06, 02:02 PM
A large hand reaches through the mud trying once again to get a hold of Kamoru. [roll0] Kamoru wriggles, using the viscosity of the mud in her favor and manages to slip away narrowly.

Another hand, sore from being kicked away, grabs at Billy once more. [roll1] Billy feels the crushing strength of the hand grip him once more.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-06, 02:57 PM
Alloishus continued holding his spell to try to identify the source of the auras.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-06, 05:00 PM
Hanar casts Fly on himself. He steps out of the tree and flies 60 feet west. The blue-skinned man then announces, "I detect two large auras 10 feet underground! I believe they may be diggers! Extricate yourselves immediately!" He then shoots a set of magic missiles at the magical wolf (Quickened Magic Missile) for [roll0] force damage.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-06, 06:46 PM
The mud incasing the second wolf explodes outward in all directions raining down on all of you. When you look back the wolf is gone.

Wolfykins
2016-03-06, 07:01 PM
Niyolaku blinked in surprise and looked around for his foe in confusion. He gave himself a shake, and then lowered his head, tail sticking almost straight out behind him, but angled up slightly. Growling, he readied himself for the next possible attack.

Standard action: Ready. If Niyolaku is attacked, he will use acrobatics to attempt to jump or roll away.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-06, 07:53 PM
The ground breaks open next to Osman. An ifrit warrior climbs out holding a spear. He chokes up on the spear when he sees how close Osman is to him, and attacks. [roll0] to hit. [roll1].

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-06, 07:58 PM
Osman Quickly tries to parry and reposte the blow.
[roll0] parry.
If successful [roll1] reposte [roll2] dmg

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-06, 08:04 PM
The spear sinks deeply into Osman's flesh. Blood begins to spill out. Shouldn't have done that

Osman drags his rapier through his own blood. (Swift action poison blade.) And lashes out at the ifrit
[roll0][roll1] dmg +4 precise strike. Crit confirmed +7 dmg [roll2]Dex dmg
[roll3][roll4] dmg [roll5]Dex dmg

Osman finds the irfrit's armor easily penatrable and pierces his flesh twice.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-06, 08:17 PM
Swift action, change stance to Stance of the Silver Crane, weapon gains holy Property, Billy gains Protection from Evil Dc 14 Wil save

Billy attempts to Break the Grapple, Kicking with all his might to free his foot.

[roll0] CMB

[roll1] Acrobatics check.

Billy Bursts from beneath the mud, flashing wings and golden halo flaring as he spins and lands on the ground 15 feet south of his former position. As he lands the imagery of the wings and halo slowly fade. Mud covering his entire body, aside from the pure white holy light burining from his spear tip.

"Evil is amongst us allies. "

Wolfykins
2016-03-06, 08:39 PM
Kamoru stood up as the mud heaved beneath her. "You don't say!" she said dryly, looking at Billy as she shook her head to clear some of the mud. Following the rope, she lunged out of the mud, pulling herself up on firm ground north of Trelane. "You might want to untie the rope before this turns into some kind of chained-prisoner comedy play," she quipped breathlessly as she pushed her muddy bangs out of her face, plastering them to the rest of her hair.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-06, 09:06 PM
A large hand moves slowly through the mud, bumping into Trelane it tries to grab hold.[roll0] Grapple. Trelane feels a large gruff hand grip onto his lower leg. The width of the hand is nearly as long as his shin.

paladin_artea
2016-03-07, 06:42 AM
"Alright! That's what I'm talking about!" Trelane exclaimed as Hanar took out the fake mud-wolf. He let out a shout of relief as Billy finally emerged from the mud in that burst of light. "I'll see what I can..." he started to reply to Kamoru's suggestion before he felt the large hand grab him from beneath the mud, "Ugh...oh no you don't!" he shouted as he attempted to wiggle free.

Escape Artist check: [roll0]. If successful, moves north to get out of the mud pit; if not, grabs hold of the rope (if not too many actions)

Andrew Markham
2016-03-07, 12:28 PM
"I shall strengthen you all!" Hanar casts Mass Human Potential. (All PCs get a +2 enhancement bonus to a stat of their choice for 13 minutes.)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-07, 12:46 PM
The hand in the mud flails around until it finds the leg of the Horse. [roll0] grapple. The horse lets out a frightened whinny as it feels the hand grip it's leg tightly.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Bellows1.2.png

Wolfykins
2016-03-07, 01:13 PM
Kamoru's head snapped up when she heard the horse's scream, eyes widening. "Oh. Oh, that cannot be good!" she growled through clenched teeth. "Trelane, I don't think I can pull you and the stupid horse, so if at all possible, you should try to cut the rope behind you! The horse is replaceable, you're not!" Kamoru said grimly.

Picking strength, probably going to need it, LOL.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-07, 05:51 PM
"I see two entities under the mud. They are under the effects of Enlarge. The ground is effect by Soften Earth and Stone. It is my belief that these are earth elementals under the control of a greater force. Perhaps our Ifirt friend here knows something." Alloishus spoke.

Alloishus felt the power of Hanar's spell.

+2 to Alloishus' DEX.

"Billy, I think we need to get to the farm house. The source of this attack is just might be coming from there." Alloishus explained. "But first..."

Alloishus notched an arrow, aimed at the Ifirt, and released.

Ranged Attack
[roll0]
Composite Longbow +1
[roll1]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-07, 06:01 PM
Al's arrow strikes the Ifrit's armor, glances to the right and pierces the flesh of his shoulder between the plates of ridged material.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-07, 06:17 PM
Feeling the rush of Hanar's Haste, Alloishus fired another arrow.

Ranged Attack (Forgot the add the +1 to attack earlier)
[roll0]
Composite Longbow +1
[roll1]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-07, 06:19 PM
The second arrow slams into the Ifrit's Breastplate and drops harmlessly to the ground

Wolfykins
2016-03-07, 06:54 PM
Niyolaku's eyes flitted back and forth between Kamoru and the others and then zeroed in on the ifrit. It was looking at Kamoru. Niyolaku growled, a deep, rumbling, enraged growl.
He approached the ifrit from behind, across from Osman. With a snarl, he opened his mouth, freshly-sharpened teeth gleaming and lunged for a bite attack. If he succeeds, he'll try to pull the ifrit down (trip).
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]
Trip: [roll2]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-07, 07:11 PM
The Ifrit yelps in pain as the wolf's jaws clamp shut on his flesh he staggers for a second but does not fall. He barks out a series of intimidating snarls and hisses and raises his left hand. Just then a burst of flames leaps out of his palm and bathes Osman, Kamoru, Trelane and the horse in fire [roll0] flame dmg. Ref save for half.

Your time is up. The Eternal will feed!

paladin_artea
2016-03-08, 12:55 AM
"Don't worry Kamoru," Trelane called back, "thanks to Blue Boy over there I think I can get out of this mess easier than breaking the rope."

+2 DEX

But before he could try, the Ifrit's fire attack came towards him.

[roll0]

"Hot hot hot!" He shouted as he was definitely more motivated to break out.

Escape Artist check: [roll1]

If he breaks the grapple he heads out of the mire.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-08, 09:47 AM
Strength +2

Billy moves with a swiftness that could only be granted to him from Hanar's speed spell. He moves until he is North of the Ifrit, with 5 feet block between them. His Golden Halo Flares again as his Wings light up into sight. With his Spear Glowing with Holy Light he reaches across the space and attempts to Peirce the Evil Ifrit.

Silver Knights Blade Standard action, Does 4d6 Sacred damage, which does 50% extra Damage to Evil Creatures. Heals a like amount to ally within 30 feet.
Silver Cranes Blessing Swift Action, Heals 2d6 damage to an ally withing 30 feet.

"Come now vile Creature. Face me front and Center!"

[roll0] Attack

[roll1] + [roll2] Sacred Damage + [roll3] Holy Damage

White light Flows from Billy and washes over Trelane. Healing Trelane for 8 Damage despite totally fumbling his attack.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-08, 10:29 AM
Osman and Komoru turn just in time to protect their vital areas from the blast. The horse lowers its head to protect its eyes and Trelane has no choice but to fall forward into the mud as the flames wash over his back. (All 4 targets take 7 flame dmg.)

Osman turns back to the Ifrit and lunges at him. (+2Dex)[roll0][roll1] +4 Precision Crit Confirmed +11 dmg
[roll2][roll3] +4 Precision
Osman's Rapier pierces the Ifrit's eye socket killing him instantly then withdraws and slices him across the throat for good measure.

Suddenly Trelane disappears beneath the surface of the mud momentarily before bursting back out and scrambling to solid ground as quickly as possible. He stands just west of Kamoru catching his breath when suddenly his burns heal instantly.

Looking east He and Kamoru see Billy jab his spear at the falling Ifrit. He misses, instead piercing Osman's side as the snake man had lunged directly into his path. Pain flashed across Osman's face.

You now have Osman's blood on your spear. Your next round of attacks will inflict an additional 1d2 poison Dex dmg.

Wolfykins
2016-03-08, 11:14 AM
Kamoru twisted around to get away from the flames, grunting as she felt the skin beneath her armor and clothes blistering from the heat. Could be worse! Angrily, she shouted something at the ifrit. But then she blinked when she realized it was dead. "Oh. Well, nevermind then," she said with exaggerated flatness.
You'll have to do better than that, sylph-sucker!

Kamoru quickly shed the rope around her and let it fall to the ground. She looked over at Trelane, "Welcome to dry land," she said, "Better brace yourself, whatever's in that mud is probably going to come out now!" She sucked in a breath and looked at Osman with concern. "Hey, are you alright?"

She knew the fight wasn't over yet, so she gave herself a shake to loosen the now-dry mud and got up on the balls of her feet and brought her fists up to chest level. She was ready!
Standard action: Ready. If Kamoru is attacked, she will use acrobatics to attempt to jump or roll away.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-08, 11:25 AM
Billy's eyes widen with Concern over Osman.

"Osman, My apologies. Give me a moment and Ill do what I can to fix that. I just need an evil Foe to face, and Ill stitch you right up. "

He begins looking around and remembers what was said about the tree He turns to look toward the tree.

"Hanar! did you see anyone by the tree?"

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-08, 02:47 PM
Alloishus put away his bow and took up his heavy mace. "I've been looking for the best use of my Dispell, any ideas, Billy? Hanar? I have only one shot and it should not be used lightly." he asked.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-08, 03:02 PM
"Once the Horse is out, Hit the Mud, or Look over at the Tree and See if there is anything magical, Otherwise, Save it for whats waiting in the house. "

Billy is swift in talking, almost Curt. He does not like how the Battle is proceeding.

Wolfykins
2016-03-08, 03:31 PM
"Breathe, Billy," Kamoru said softly, without turning her head, "'Vexation may be succeeded by contentment.'"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-08, 04:20 PM
Osman inspects the two spear wounds and the burns. I've had worse. He quips, hissing as he touches one of the spear wounds. Not that it doesn't hurt like an abyssal enema.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-08, 04:25 PM
[roll0] The Horse's eyes go wide just before it is pulled beneath the surface of the mud.

paladin_artea
2016-03-08, 05:46 PM
Trelane gave Kamoru a grin to let her know he was okay, "Thanks, feels good to be back...and at least we will be able to see what we're fighting now...oh crap the horse!" he shouted as he saw it go under.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-08, 06:00 PM
Hanar flies to Osman's side. He stays in the air but gets within touch range of him. "Allow me to tend to what ails you, Master Osman." He converts a spell into Cure Critical Wounds- Osman is healed [roll0] damage.

Wolfykins
2016-03-08, 07:31 PM
Satisfied that the immediate enemy was gone, Niyolaku trotted over to Kamoru and positioned himself north of her, at her back, ready to defend her.

Standard action: Ready. If Kamoru is attacked, Niyolaku will Aid her acrobatics check.
(If that's not allowed, I'll edit...)

Kamoru sighed as the horse vanished. "At least it wasn't you or Billy," she commented wryly to Trelane. "We could try pulling it back up with the rope, but unless you tied the rope around its chest like a harness, I'm not sure we'd accomplish much besides breaking the saddle..."

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-08, 08:13 PM
Just as you are breathing a sigh of relief the grass around your ankles begins to grow and twist and thicken reaching for each of you. (Another round of Ref saves for the house.)

[roll0] Ref for Osman.

Osman looks around. Out of the frying pan then he dashes East into uneffected area. (55' east)

This spell causes tall grass, weeds, and other plants to wrap around creatures in the area of effect or those that enter the area. Creatures that fail their save gain the entangled condition. Creatures that make their save can move as normal, but those that remain in the area must save again at the end of your turn. Creatures that move into the area must save immediately. Those that fail must end their movement and gain the entangled condition. Entangled creatures can attempt to break free as a move action, making a Strength or Escape Artist check. The DC for this check is equal to the DC of the spell. The entire area of effect is considered difficult terrain while the effect lasts.

Wolfykins
2016-03-08, 09:03 PM
"WHAT THE--!" Kamoru yelped as the grass around her began to move on its own. Niyolaku whined. Kicking her feet like a cat shaking off water, Kamoru got the plants off. Feeling awkward, she hopped as though she were walking on hot coals, following Osman's lead and heading for the barn. She skidded to a halt at the wall by the door and paused to catch her breath before looking over her shoulder to see if the others made it.

2 squares diagonally NE, then straight line east until reaching the wall of the house. So she's diagonally NW of the door. Total of 55' moved. XD

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-08, 09:10 PM
15' of rope suddenly pulls into the mud.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-08, 10:28 PM
Billy is able to move out of the way of the roots and vines and moves up to the Tree between the buildings.

He then takes a moment, seeming to do a martial kata of some sort. He focuses himself, unable to do a daring action, he must draw from withing himself to replenish his abilities. Afterward another wave of white energy comes from him and travels to Kamoru, healing her for [roll0] damage.

"Hes either inside. Or something is up with this tree like you said. Lets do both yes?"

Wolfykins
2016-03-08, 10:49 PM
Kamoru felt some of her blisters fade. The small relief of it helped clear her mind a little bit.
She frowned thoughtfully, mind whirling with possible strategies. "One thing at a time, if you're asking my opinion. If my brother's prophecy is indicative of the number of enemies we'll face next, I'd say we're slightly disadvantaged. I think we should regroup and take a minute to assess all the information we have and decide what to prioritize."

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-08, 11:03 PM
"Im okay with Regrouping, If everyone would get within 30 feet of me, I can issue some commands that will give us some benefits here. There was Evil in the house, and there probably still is. "

He glances around the tree, and across the area.

paladin_artea
2016-03-08, 11:31 PM
Before he could reply to Kamoru, the grass started to grow and try to entangle him and his allies. He tried to high-tail it out of there with them, but he fell flat on his face and felt the plants wrapping around his body, "I DON'T BELIEVE THIS! Right after we get out of the mud, the freaking GRASS is out to kill us?" If he wasn't so surprised and angry, he might've laughed at this statement.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-09, 10:30 AM
(Perception roll for Billy please)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Bellows1.3.png

Andrew Markham
2016-03-09, 10:35 AM
Hanar flies up 30 feet and scans the area for signs of the enemy caster, or any other enemies. He looks at the area of the newly cast spell and towards the house with his arcane sight.

Perception: [roll0]

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-09, 11:28 AM
"Oh for the love of-!" Alloishus exclaimed.

He trudged through the grass going fifteen east, fifteen feet north, five feet east, five feet northeast, and twenty feet east, going along the path.

"I'm coming, my friends." he spoke quietly.

Wolfykins
2016-03-09, 11:55 AM
Kamoru's head whipped around when she heard Trelane's exclamation. She saw him struggling with the grass, and that Niyolaku wasn't far off. "Ah-! Trelane's in trouble..." She frowned, concerned what might happen if the monsters in the mud emerged while Trelane was stuck. "Niyolaku! Defend Trelane!" she shouted, pointing at Trelane.

Handle animal check: [roll0] (Got +4 from "link")

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-09, 06:13 PM
Billy's Eyes Linger beneath the tree for a moment.

"Kamoru... what exactly did you see by the tree as we approached. Because something was here.... a second ago.... its now.... burrowed .... under the ground"

Wolfykins
2016-03-09, 06:23 PM
Kamoru leaned forward, but couldn't see around the corner to look at Billy. "W-we never got close enough for me to actually see anything," she called out. "I just heard the sign from my brother's divination and could tell it was coming from the tree. I just saw tracks... Then we hit the mud trap..."

Wolfykins
2016-03-10, 11:22 AM
Niyolaku sidestepped the reaching grass and started to follow Kamoru. But at her command, he turned back and approached Trelane, taking up a position east of the entangled rogue. Hackles raised, he scanned the area, seeking an indication of where an attack might come from, and readied himself to defend Trelane as commanded.
Ready: If Trelane is attacked and the enemy is within range, Niyolaku will attempt to bite Trelane's attacker, and if successful, trip it.
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Trip: [roll3]

Reflex save vs grass: [roll4]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-10, 05:29 PM
Osman pulls the wand out of his pack. Anyone hurt? he asks

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-10, 05:37 PM
Billy takes a moment and re-adjusts his stance and way he holds himself, the faint light of his wings and halo fades away as his eyes turn white. Detect evil is up. Looking around.

[roll0] Perception

Billy begins looking around with his extra sensory perception of evil.

Wolfykins
2016-03-10, 07:11 PM
Kamoru moved cautiously past the barn door, casting suspicious glances at it. Once past the door, she quickened her pace and came to a stop by Osman, just south of him. She glanced anxiously towards Niyolaku and Trelane, and then back around towards Billy.
"Nothing serious, Osman," she replied, "Niyolaku has a bite wound and I've got a couple blisters; nothing to worry about. Save the magic for when it's really needed." She glanced back towards Niyolaku and Trelane again. "I'm more concerned about who might be about to get hurt," she said, gesturing back towards the mire with her thumb.
Kamoru peered around at the ground by Billy and the tree. "You said something went underground? That ifrit came from underground. Do you think it's another one about to pop up?" She looked and listened intently for any sign of where an attack might come from next, and prepared herself to dodge.

Standard action: Ready. If Kamoru is attacked, she will use acrobatics to attempt to jump or roll away.

paladin_artea
2016-03-10, 08:25 PM
Trelane looked over at Niyolaku who also got trapped with him, "I'm sorry you...got stuck...on my...account," he grunted as he struggled with the plants wrapped around him, "It won't be for long...if I have anything...to say...about it!" he wiggled as much as he could to get free.

Escape Artist check: [roll0] Assuming he makes it, he high-tails it out of there to rejoin the rest of the group

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-10, 10:20 PM
Billy takes a 5 ft step toward Osman as he refocuses his mind, regaining access to his Silver knight blade Strike. He points his spear toward the air and spins it over his head before slicing downward, exhaling with a "Kia"

for the next 6 rounds you get a +1 AC vs evil people for everyone who also gains this bonus and you are adjacent. So. If you stand next to Billy AND osman, you would gain +2 AC vs evil People. Congrats you now have the Teamwork Feat Phalanx Fighter

"We should come together again. I can protect us in a Group"

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-10, 11:10 PM
Alloishus moved fifteen feet east brushing just past Kamoru.

"Excuse me, my dear Kamoru." Alloishus said.

With his free hand, he twirled his fingers around appearing to draw the air and spoke in another language.

"May my force shield me."

Suddenly, a shield for force formed in front of Allishus

Cast Shield, +4 Shield Bonus

"I've got point." he announced.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-11, 01:48 PM
Hanar flew up to the group and hovered above Billy (Mechanically he is now adjacent to everyone that Billy is. ) He casts a spell and his skin begins to harden.

Wolfykins
2016-03-11, 01:53 PM
Niyolaku growled and struggled against the grass. When he couldn't get free of it, his tail sank between his legs and he whined and looked towards Kamoru.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-11, 02:08 PM
Nonsenssse. Osman said. You need to be at your best out here. The dangersss are everywhere. he taps the tip of the wand on Kamoru's shoulder. Fuller!..... nothing happened. Filler... Flatter... Flutter... Fatter... Philibuster... his frustrations were apparent. Hisss.... Confounded Gnome stick. Billy, Hanar, one of you know how to work this blasssted thing?

Wolfykins
2016-03-11, 02:44 PM
Kamoru rubbed the back of her head and flashed Osman a sympathetic, rueful grin. "I know the feeling. That's why my brother gave me potions!"

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-11, 11:15 PM
Billy holds up his hand to osman.

"preserve your healing magicks. In a moment I shall Grant her the blessings of my teacher and fix her injuries"

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-12, 10:39 PM
Billy takes a moment to focus before casting his hand kamoru, a white wave of energy washing over her healing [roll0] damage.

"we should get inside"

Wolfykins
2016-03-12, 10:41 PM
Kamoru squinted at the ground, frowning. "Hey, guys... there's something wrong with that patch of grass over there," she said, pointing at the odd-colored grass a ways east of the tree, between the barn and the house. "It looks like it's dying. It's the only grass in the immediate area that looks like that. With everything else going on here, that can't be a coincidence! But I can't see or hear anything to indicate where whatever burrowed down might be planning to surface. We just need to keep on our toes!"
She bounced slightly to regain her balance and form, bracing herself for whatever might come. She tried not to think too hard about Niyolaku being stuck. She had confidence that he would get free and catch up. He was a tough boy.

Standard action: Ready. If Kamoru is attacked, she will use acrobatics to attempt to jump or roll away. (Tired of this yet? Lol.)

paladin_artea
2016-03-13, 12:04 PM
Trelane made it about 2/3 of the way out of the area of entanglement, but the grass attempted to snag his feet once again (REF Save on Dice roller). "Not this time!" he said determined to rejoin his friends. He jumped, twisted, turned, and ran past the grass and made it to the edge of the buildings. He noticed everyone was still tense, "What are we dealing with now?" he asked.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-13, 02:14 PM
Billy looks around.

"at least one evil opponent, likely a cleric to a nature God, or a druid. If not, possibly a faerie up to the threat lelevel of a simple ogre. "

he winks in obvious enjoyment of the situation.

"any other questions?"

Wolfykins
2016-03-13, 02:21 PM
"Only 'where?' I guess," Kamoru responded in a slightly wry tone.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-14, 10:40 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Bellows1.4.png

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-14, 10:54 PM
Alloishus cast Detect Magic and focused and the area of dying grass that Kamoru had pointed out.

"This indeed looks unusual." Alloishus said as he moved thirty feet east towards the grass. "Watch my back."

He felt a little embarrassed to see nothing magical about the grass.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-15, 02:53 PM
"There's an enemy in the house. This is war. It's no time for indecision." Hanar flies to the entrance of the house and opens the door.

Hanar flies 5 feet forward and casts a Potent Hold Monster (DC 23 Will save or Paralyzed)

Hanar flies forward 10 feet and scans the area with his Arcane Sight.

Wolfykins
2016-03-15, 09:11 PM
Niyolaku tried to rock back on his hind feet, lashing his front paws out to shake off the grass, but as soon as he put his paws down again, the grass wrapped around him again. He growled in frustration.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-15, 09:17 PM
Hanar opens the door, a small metal rod clasped in his fingertips. He waves his hand toward something in the house.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-15, 09:21 PM
"The enemy caster appears to have zombified at least one member of the family! I require assistance in the domicile!"

Wolfykins
2016-03-15, 09:28 PM
Kamoru grimaced. "Gaaah, that's exactly what I was afraid Kamyol's prophecy was indicating!" she groaned. "I expect we'll find the others in the same condition!"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-15, 09:41 PM
Osman puts the wand away and draws his rapier again. After you

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-15, 09:59 PM
Billy hears there are undead afoot, one of the many monsters he is most proficient with. His Stance adjust as his weapon becomes sheathed in holy light once again as he Moves along side the wall of the building and in past Hanar, moving until he is 10 feet from the undead creature. He then slashing toward the creature. White Wings spread behind him as the white light pours into his weapon.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage + [roll2] Sacred Damage + [roll3] Holy Damage

"I believe we are clear"

paladin_artea
2016-03-15, 10:07 PM
Trelane wipes some of the mud from his face and readies his daggers, "Crap! I'm sorry it turned out like this...But at least it's an enemy I know we can actually FIGHT!" He did spare a glance for Niyolaku out of concern though, which of course gave Billy the chance to strike and be done with the undead before anyone else could react, "Or not. Okay, one down I guess three to go?" he moved just behind Hanar so he could also see inside the building for more enemies.

Wolfykins
2016-03-15, 10:15 PM
"No, no, four was regarding the mud, I'm pretty sure. Osman said the Graymane family had five or six people, so I think we'll have five left, given Kamyol mentioned 'six' of something!" Kamoru said, following Trelane into the house. She stood next to him and peered around the room, looking for enemies.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-16, 09:58 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Houseint1.1.png

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-17, 07:59 AM
Alloishus caught up with the others with the help of the Haste effect. "Pardon me." He said, squeezing by Hanar at the door, he ended up just east of Billy.

"Oh my-" he said upon seeing the undead.

paladin_artea
2016-03-17, 09:44 PM
"Everyone quiet. Let's see if we can hear anything," Trelane suggested.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-17, 10:24 PM
Hanar hovers over the couch and into the next room. He then disappears into a rift and reappears to the southeast. He looks around for a moment, then floats back to where everyone else is standing. "There's a hole in the next room- likely where enemy diggers entered the house. There's a hallway back there with 3 shut doors. I saw no immediate signs of the enemy. I can stay here and guard the hole, if the rest of you care to search the house."

Perception to examine the hole: [roll0]

Wolfykins
2016-03-18, 05:52 AM
Niyolaku finally twisted free of the grass. Hesitating a moment, he looked around for any sign of Kamoru. Whining, he followed her trail, going first north east and then east to escape the grass trap completely.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-20, 08:58 PM
Osman makes his way into the house stopping North of the couch. He looks at the body on the floor. That's a shame. Looks like the vile have no boundaries.

you hear a loud thump beneath the kitchen floor.

Wolfykins
2016-03-20, 09:36 PM
Kamoru's head snapped up. "Did you hear that?" she asked. "I heard something that way," she said, pointing towards the kitchen. "Didn't you say there was a hole in there?" she asked, looking briefly towards Hanar. "I don't think whatever was in that hole has left yet."
Cautiously, Kamoru headed towards the sound, dodging around the couch. She came to a stop behind one of the kitchen chairs on the west side of the table.
She tensed, looking and listening for danger and bracing herself for something possibly bursting out of the floor.

"Ready", same as before, prepared to use acrobatics to dodge an attack.
And doing an additional perception check for signs of danger in the kitchen, I guess, since the roll to hear the sound was from the other room? Just in case it makes a difference, lol... [roll0]

Kamoru tilted her head. "Something's headed towards the outer wall..." she said in just above a whisper, making a small gesture towards the north wall.

paladin_artea
2016-03-20, 11:32 PM
(Rolled perception to hear the sound in dice roller thread)

"I heard it too," Trelane commented as he headed to the kitchen, daggers drawn and he looked around the kitchen floor to see if there was a trap-door or something.

Another Perception check: [roll0]

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-21, 06:58 PM
Billy's head jerks as he hears the noise and moves to the kitchen. He speaks with a solid presence to those who can hear him.

"We are here from goldenrod to rescue the Greymane Family, if any still live, please call out so we may lend aid!"

Billy sighs as the sound stops immediately at his voice and does not continue. He whispers softly to the group

"there is room for a very small crawlspace beneath the house. I suggest I keep talking to distract, and two people quietly check the perimeter of the house for a small entryway. "

Wolfykins
2016-03-22, 10:33 AM
Kamoru blinked in surprise, and her brow furrowed as she frowned thoughtfully. "Odd..." she murmured, "whatever it is, it's not digging, so it must be able to fit in the crawlspace... mostly." She gave Trelane an uncertain look and said softly, "I guess we could look, since we're closest. They had children... right? Do you think...?" She trailed off and frowned, shrugging.

paladin_artea
2016-03-22, 11:26 AM
Trelane nodded, "I know from personal experience, children have better options at hiding than adults, their smaller size gives them an advantage on that at least," he whispered back. He then called out, "We know you must be scared, but we're just regular people, not the monsters who did this to your home. We just want to help. I also know you must be hungry," he then put his daggers away, took out some rations and put them on the floor over a cloth he was holding them in, "It's not much, but there's better food in the city. I'll treat you." He slowly backed off from where he left the food, "You're going to be okay. Let us help."

Andrew Markham
2016-03-23, 11:50 AM
"I shall secure our environs by checking the closed rooms in the back before we proceed further." Hanar floats off to the southeast. He opens the door to the northern-most room in the hallway and floats inside to look around.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-23, 12:06 PM
Hanar opens the door to the master bedroom and steps inside. BOOM! The sound of an explosion or firearm is heard. A rain of pellets pelt Hanar and the wall behind him [roll0].

Andrew Markham
2016-03-23, 12:21 PM
The pellets hit Hanar's stone skin and have no effect. Hanar says loudly, "Zombie with a projectile device and a body in this room!" Hanar ignores the zombie and moves to the other two doors, opening each to reveal what's inside. "I recommend you come this direction and clear out these rooms so we cannot be ambushed when we investigate other areas!"

Wolfykins
2016-03-23, 12:28 PM
Kamoru looked askance at Trelane. She hissed, "That's not quite what I had in mi--" she stopped short and started violently at the sound from the other room. She turned around and gaped. "What the--"

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-23, 01:58 PM
Alloishus' ears perked up at the sound of the explosion. He moved ten feet south, ten feet southeast, five feet south, five feet east, twenty feet southeast, and ten feet south, to end up not far from Hanar.

"Empower my grasp"

Ready for combat, he cast and held a charge of Shocking Gasp.

Wolfykins
2016-03-23, 02:47 PM
Niyolaku bolted across the 25 feet between him and the doorway, and then dashed through the room, dodging furniture, to skid to a stop west of Kamoru. He looked surprised to have gone so fast. He shook himself and fixed Trelane with a slightly unfriendly glance before turning a reproachful look at Kamoru.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-24, 11:08 PM
Crawlspace, right. I'm on it. Osman said in reply to Billy. When he heard the boom, he stopped to look in Hanar's direction. Upon hearing the old man call out he knew the situation was under control and proceeded outside walking slowly checking the foundation for openings to a crawlspace.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Houseint1.2.png

You hear a thud like something heavy being dropped onto earth You hear a low grunt type language spoken softly and muffled.They're in ___ house. Turn back ____ ____.

Wolfykins
2016-03-24, 11:34 PM
Kamoru turned her head and looked back around the kitchen, biting her lip, she looked back and forth indecisively. "Nnnng, Trelane, I heard another thump, and it sounded heavy. I don't think it's a child, and I'm not especially keen on going into a tight space to face an unknown enemy. I don't know about you, but I think I'd rather face the enemy we know: the undead in the other room." With that said, she walked back the way she came a bit before cutting diagonally south-west and then again south-east, ending up just east of Alloishus.
There she hesitated a moment. She didn't really want to dash into the room now, and give whichever one had projectiles a clear shot. Kamoru edged towards the door and stopped just in front of it. She paused there to compose herself and get ready to attack.

paladin_artea
2016-03-25, 08:47 PM
The sound of the gunpowder rang especially loud in Trelane's ears. He didn't hear the noises his allies referred to, but he trusted them enough to follow through with their information. First he looked at Niyolaku. Even though he didn't have that close a bond with animals in general, even he could tell the wolf was worried about its master, "Go to her, I'll be fine," he said. Then he grabbed the chair immediately in front of him and walked backwards with it 10 feet, then let it go. He called to Billy, "Grab another chair and help block this kitchen off so we can investigate the rest of the house. If something else comes in through that far door, they will hopefully trip on them enough to make a racket." Then he moved as far southeast as he could after that.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-27, 12:32 AM
Billy tilts his head a bit. That sounded like a side of beef, a carcase or corpse. A dense thud like that, whatever it was, it was big. Billy will wait on Niyolaku to move, then he will do as Trelane asked and prop a chair in the opening.

Ready action: trigger on Wolf moving out of the way. Move south and west around the table, grab the chair and move it next to Trelane's in the opening of the kitchen.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-27, 08:26 AM
Alloishus moved fifteen feet east, five north through the open door, and ten feet east towards an undead.

"May you rest in peace." he said as he attacked the zombie.

Melee Attack
[roll0]
Light Mace
[roll1] +2 Str

Spellstrike
[roll2]
Light Mace
[roll3] +2 Str
Shocking Grasp
[roll4]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-29, 08:48 AM
As Alloishus wails on the once farmer, rancid gore sprays forth splattering across his royal brow. The farmer crumples to the ground. Suddenly the woman chained to the bed thrusts her head forward off of her pillow. Her eyes spring open and some garbled syllables escape her lips. A ray of inky black ichor blasts from her overly large pupils and crashes into Al's chest. (Fort Save Please)

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-29, 08:58 AM
"Ick! For crying out-! First, mud and-!" Alloishus whined shrilly.

Fortitude Save
[roll0]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-29, 09:03 AM
The ichor drips from Al's mudsoaked clothing but seems to do little more than agitate the Elf.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-29, 09:39 AM
Hanar turns from his investigation and flies into the room with the Prince. Seeing the presumed dead body moving, Hanar shoots orange rays and sends purple missiles at it.

Scorching Ray (Ranged Touch) vs Zombie
[roll0], [roll1] fire damage
[roll2], [roll3] fire damage
[roll4], [roll5] fire damage

Quickened Magic Missile vs Zombie
[roll6] force damage

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-29, 10:06 AM
The woman and the bed she was lying on are emolated by Hanar's scorcing ray and the the missiles hit and blow the bed to pieces leaving a hole in the floor.

EdgeGrinder
2016-03-29, 11:05 AM
"I think you got her." Alloishus smirked. He looked down at his soiled armor and frowned, shaking off some of the combined muck and vomit.

Wolfykins
2016-03-29, 11:11 AM
Kamoru leaned around the corner to peek at the prince. "Alright... so that's all that was in there, right? That makes three. Hanar, did you see anything in the other rooms when you opened the doors? I guess it's safe to assume if there's anything in them, they're not armed with projectiles, so I can head that way in a sec." She frowned at the hole where the bed used to be and shook her head.

Andrew Markham
2016-03-29, 12:38 PM
"The western room...there's denim caught in the window. I think the children may have escaped out of it. We should follow the trail."

Wolfykins
2016-03-29, 12:45 PM
Kamoru tilted her head to the side. "Well... I guess since I'm the smallest and probably least-scary looking of this group, they'd probably be less afraid of me if I found them, and I'm probably not that far from their age," she admitted with a hint of reluctance. She was feeling like she was a step or two behind everyone else so far, and didn't feel like she was proving to be terribly useful. But frankly, rescuing children and getting them to safety is probably more useful in the long run than proving I can fight. Kamoru admitted to herself grimly.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-29, 02:01 PM
Osman continues to move along outside carefully checking the foundation.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Houseint1.3_1.png

Wolfykins
2016-03-29, 02:17 PM
Niyolaku moved east and southeast to stand next to Trelane. He began sniffing the ground around him, trying to use his scent ability to pinpoint where an enemy might come from.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-29, 02:22 PM
The Wolf's hackles rise and he begins pawing the floorboards directly East of him. The claws falling on the boards make a hollow clacking sound.

Wolfykins
2016-03-29, 04:36 PM
Kamoru went down the hall and into the western bedroom and hopped up on the bed. The window wasn't open enough for her to fit through, so she pushed it higher. Climbing through the window, she dropped down diagonally so she wouldn't disturb any evidence that might've been left behind, and walked another 5 feet forward, scanning the ground for tracks.

paladin_artea
2016-03-29, 08:07 PM
"What the..?" Trelane gave a start as he saw Niyolaku clawing at the floorboards, which took his attention away from the noises coming from elsewhere in the house. He would just have to trust in his new allies to handle whatever's there while he took a closer look at what was bothering the wolf. "It's hollow under there. Something's definitely up." he gets down on the floor to look to find a hidden latch or something.

paladin_artea
2016-03-30, 10:40 PM
Trelane looked up at what he heard from beneath the floorboards. He wanted to let the others know what was going on without tipping off the Duregar, but how? "Alloishus is an elf idiot! And the rest of them are all in his entourage. I hope they all speak the same language." he though then called out in Elven:

"There are two enemies beneath the house! They are planning on feeding either our souls or the souls of these undead to something called 'The Eternal!'"

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-03-31, 10:33 AM
No sooner had Trelane spoke but a rather large centipede crawled out of the hole in the floor of the west room and began wriggling its way toward the kitchen.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-03-31, 09:04 PM
Having waited as the group searched and sought out the premises. Billy allowed himself to cool and regain his abilities, while still granting his protections to his allies within range. He was glad everyone was doing alright, but as the centipede rose up, Billy's Spear spun on hand as he moved toward the creature and attempted to plunge it into its carapace.

[roll0] to hit

[roll1] Damage

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-04-01, 06:35 PM
The centipede is impaled and curls around the tip of Billy's spear as it dies.

Group A

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Houseint1.4.png

EdgeGrinder
2016-04-01, 09:35 PM
Alloishus jerked at hearing his native tongue and received the news.

"The hole. I'm going in. Trelane, I need you to back me up."

He called out. He moved ten feet west and five south to leave the room, and then proceeded forty-five feet west to end up fifteen feet from the western wall and close to the hole. He scratched Vivian's head, giving her a charge of Acid Splash.

"Care to investigate the hole, Vivian?" He spoke to the bird on his shoulder lightly in Common.

"Al, it's a hole in the ground and I'm not an canary." Vivian protested.

"Please. Just scout it out. If anything jumps out at you, just shoot it in the face with acid." Alloishus pleaded.

"Fine." Vivian tweeted as she flew into the hole.

Andrew Markham
2016-04-01, 09:41 PM
Hanar nods as he listens to the shouted Elven words. He follows Al the 55 feet to the hole. "I shall accompany your brave avian and draw any readied attacks before your entry." Hanar follows the bird into the hole, steps forward, and casts Eyes of the Void on himself, giving himself 60 feet of darkvision.

EdgeGrinder
2016-04-01, 10:34 PM
Vivian flew into the hole and went twenty feet east when presented with another path.

Alloishus felt the panic of his familiar. "Vivian!" He called out to her.

paladin_artea
2016-04-03, 11:54 AM
Trelane nodded at hearing Alloishus's request and decided to high tail it towards the hole, jumping over the improvised chair-trap he set up:

Acrobatics check: [roll0]

Wolfykins
2016-04-05, 11:03 AM
Niyolaku delays acting, waiting to follow Trelane so he can continue to follow the order to defend him.

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-04-05, 11:12 AM
(Group B NPC actions come before Trelane's move above.)

Osman begins moving East again slowly scanning the foundation. Suddenly and unexpectedly the ground beneath him crumbles under his weight and he falls ten feet into a tunnel.
[roll0]Fall damage.
[roll1] Acro to take it as NL

You see Osman's head pass into view through the kitchen window directly north of the table just before suddenly disappearing. You hear Osman crash to the ground in the tunnel which presumably runs under the house. And you hear a gruff voice respond to the crash.The first meal.

A Quarterstaff swings at Osman's head. [roll2][roll3]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-04-05, 11:24 AM
You hear Osman respond in Common. You little tunnel rat.

Osman attempts to parry the Quarterstaff and reposte the blow.

[roll0] Parry vs DC 18
[roll1] Reposte [roll2] crit confirmed, target takes 30 dmg.

Then he strikes swiftly.
[roll3] [roll4] crit confirmed, target takes 30 dmg.

The target of Osman's ire falls slashed to ribbons onto the floor.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-04-05, 08:18 PM
Billy hears cries from bellow and moves to the hole in the floor, dropping below, flipping through the air to land carefully.

[roll0] Acrobatics

While moving he pulls out a sun rod and lights it illuminating the dark. And looks around the area for threats.

[roll1]

He moves 20 ft east, but bumps into something. He stops and looks at the nothing that he ran into and gulps.

"Hello?"

Wolfykins
2016-04-05, 08:54 PM
Kamoru oriented on the tracks and began following them. (She goes as far as she can in one round [60 feet], survival role is on the dice roller thread.)

paladin_artea
2016-04-06, 09:10 AM
Trelane saw Osman suddenly vanish by the window as he was on his way towards the hole Alloishus pointed out. Thinking the two were related, he arrived at the hole and jumped in.

(Will change later if needed)

Wolfykins
2016-04-06, 09:16 AM
Niyolaku followed Trelane.
Acrobatics to jump over the chair:[roll0]
Acrobatics to land in the hole unharmed: [roll1]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-04-06, 10:46 PM
Billy feels a familiar paw attempting to grab hold of his arm.
[roll0] vs CMD
As it connects and begins to constrict around his arm a glimmer fades around an 8 1/2ft tall Dwarf looking individual in dirty but quite strong hide armor he has long hair matted with mud and his eyes are squinted in the light.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/Houseint1.5.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a122/shadowwalker19/tunnel%20map1.1.png

EdgeGrinder
2016-04-07, 07:34 AM
Alloishus cast Light on his Light Mace, jumped down the hole, and moved east to rescue Vivian. He was prepared to attack whatever was there. He saw the enlarged Duergar grappling his teacher.

"Vivian, Acid to the arm and pull back." Alloishus commanded

With that, Vivian attempted to launch the Acid Splash spell to the Duergar's arm before flying back to land on Alloishus' shoulder.

(Rolls on dice thread)

Ranged Touch Attack - Called Shot Arm
Acid Splash

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-04-07, 10:07 AM
The small bird opens her beak as a spray of green acid exits and splashes on the target's leather clad arm. It hisses briefly on the armor but doesn't seem to effect the large assailant.

Andrew Markham
2016-04-07, 01:04 PM
Hanar makes sure he is not standing on the ground before casting a Potent Slow on the dwarf. (DC 21 Will save)

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-04-08, 01:07 PM
A wave of weakness washes over Billy's attacker as Hanar's spell cascades over him. His eyes go wide as he realizes he is outmatched.

Osman sees the light around the corner and moves South, carefully rounding the corner. When he sees the giant Dwarf he hurls a shuriken at his back. [roll0][roll1]

(Perception DC 30) if anyone hits this message me.

Darius Vibrtrar
2016-04-08, 01:51 PM
Ignoring the idea to attempt to break the large dwarves grasp, Billy shifts to his "Einhander Stance", Dropping his spear beside him, and sliding a Primal Iron Dagger from his belt. He then pulls back and attempting to stab through the large dwarf Power attacking as well.

Scarlet Einhander stance: +3 Sheild Bonus to armor, +1d6 Damage
Garnet Lance: +2d6 Damage, Ignore DR

To Hit:
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

"Come on Lads! Dont mind me! Strike down this large Bearded Fellow!"

paladin_artea
2016-04-08, 07:46 PM
Trelane saw the giant Duergar grappling Billy and moved in to strike

Attack roll: [roll0]

Damage if hits: [roll1]

If Sneak attack applies: [roll2]

STDM Grizzly Ad
2016-04-09, 07:28 PM
Kamoru reaches a patch of thick lush grass which is too springy to show any tracks. She'll have to guess where to look to try and pick up the trail on the other side.

Meanwhile Trelane strikes with his dagger, severing an artery and dropping the oversized oaf to the ground with a thud.

(IO is over for now)