PDA

View Full Version : My new webcomic 'Nod.'

CrowKing
2016-03-01, 10:07 PM
Hey everyone!

I recently made a website to begin hosting my webcomic. Currently I have 9 pages posted with new pages updated every Wednesday and Friday around 12:30pm PST.

It's a horror comic with mature themes that follows a young boy lost in a dead wood.

Please let me know what you think, I have enough content ready to updated for the next few months, so there's a lot more on the way.

I post everything here: www(dot)crowking(dot)net

(I'm new so I can't post links yet)

Domochevsky
2016-03-02, 09:06 AM
400 Bad Request

IjNdMtGK/9tFobCrF @ Wed, 02 Mar 2016 14:05:48 GMT

SEC-43

Um... kay? :smallconfused:

CrowKing
2016-03-02, 02:58 PM
Um... kay? :smallconfused:

I'm not sure where you're getting the bad request from? I just checked every page of my site on mobile and a desktop with no issue. I also just put up page 11 without an error.

Are you sure you went to crowking . net ?

Domochevsky
2016-03-03, 12:50 AM
Well yeah, where else would I go?
Maybe your hoster doesn't like something about my browser. Probably the fact that I'm not sending a user agent. If I do send one it loads the page, but it's black and only shows two buttons ("nod." and "about"), likely due to lack of javascript.

Ah well. Let's not.

wobner
2016-03-03, 01:38 AM
Hey everyone!

I recently made a website to begin hosting my webcomic. Currently I have 9 pages posted with new pages updated every Wednesday and Friday around 12:30pm PST.

It's a horror comic with mature themes that follows a young boy lost in a dead wood.

Please let me know what you think, I have enough content ready to updated for the next few months, so there's a lot more on the way.

interesting art style, i'd describe it as highschool notebook scribbles. I personally find it makes it a little more unsettling that way, as a horror comic. Not sure where its going, and i do hope you adopt a different layout before you get too many more pages, the one long scroll isn't going to work much longer. but its interesting.

i feel compelled to note a couple pages feature a nudity but given the art style and
that its a corpse being devoured by worms
I don't think its an issue.

here, a link to the actual comic, bypassing the main page, as nothing is showing up there for me either
http://www.crowking.net/nod

CrowKing
2016-03-03, 01:42 AM
Well yeah, where else would I go?
Maybe your hoster doesn't like something about my browser. Probably the fact that I'm not sending a user agent. If I do send one it loads the page, but it's black and only shows two buttons ("nod." and "about"), likely due to lack of javascript.

Ah well. Let's not.

What browser are you using? I'm hosting through Squarespace and have no HTML knowledge so I'm not sure how I would update javascript, but I will look into it. Thanks for taking the time to check it out though, I appreciate it.

EDIT:

Thanks Wobner! I've updated how the comic is displayed so it's now a grid and not endless scrolling. I think it'll work for now while I work out the details of the site. I'm not sure why my main page wouldn't display. Every system I've checked on has worked, but I do use chrome almost exclusively.

smuchmuch
2016-03-03, 03:11 AM
Some pages feel like they could use a little rework on the pannel composition, it sometime feel like things don't really, not sure how to say,.. flow naturaly. I'm tinking for example the third and second page (So first pannel he's hearing the worm vice, second pannel just to turn his head and then a two pannel page for the worm to say "hey. Wanna come in". it feel it could have been melded in a three/four pannels page easily.
Lots of same angle talking heads too. I guess it's meant to give an impression of slowness, and make it more shocking by contrat whn we see things like the body in large pannels but it feels slightly awkward to me.

It's just my opinion though.

(I like page 4, though.Horrible but also kinda funny. The single panel one with the worm is pretty nice too)

Anyway, it's odd. And kinda slightly sureal so far. Not sure where it's going, so we'll see I guess ?

Graypairofsocks
2016-03-05, 07:28 AM
Hey everyone!

This seems interesting so far.

The guy didn't look like a kid to me though.

Bobblit
2016-03-06, 04:59 AM
Spooky! :smalltongue:

I find the imagery interesting, and I agree that the art suits the atmosphere. Let's see where it goes!

CrowKing
2016-03-06, 05:52 PM
Spooky! :smalltongue:

I find the imagery interesting, and I agree that the art suits the atmosphere. Let's see where it goes!

Hey thanks! And thank you to everyone else who has taken the time to look and provided me feedback! It means a lot to have people looking at my work and I will strive to provide a quality read. I have a lot of pages prepped for release and I think you guys will like it :smallsmile: