PDA

View Full Version : Help with multplication/ stacking of effecks!

Max Caysey
2016-03-02, 10:37 AM
I need some help trying to deduce how much damage one would deal, by the use of a couble of feats.

I have a level 9 Monk, with 20 strength.

I wear sandals of the Tiger's Leap, I have the feats Mantis Leap and Power Lunge. Now the question is thus How much damge do I deal?

Thanks

Necroticplague
2016-03-02, 10:44 AM
I need some help trying to deduce how much damage one would deal, by the use of a couble of feats.

I have a level 9 Monk, with 20 strength.

I wear sandals of the Tiger's Leap, I have the feats Mantis Leap and Power Lunge. Now the question is thus How much damge do I deal?

Thanks

None of those three things interact with the same single object, so you'd just use them like you'd expect. There is no stacking or multiplying because each of these acts on a different part.

Damage: ([your unarmed strike dice+2xSTR (attack:damage ratio from power Lunge*)]+2xSTR (Mantis Leap, last line))x2 (sandals of tiger leap).

*= as opposed to the normal 1xSTR ratio.

Max Caysey
2016-03-02, 10:58 AM
None of those three things interact with the same single object, so you'd just use them like you'd expect. There is no stacking or multiplying because each of these acts on a different part.

Damage: ([your unarmed strike dice+2xSTR (attack:damage ratio from power Lunge*)]+2xSTR (Mantis Leap, last line))x2 (sandals of tiger leap).

*= as opposed to the normal 1xSTR ratio.

Ok... So in the above example you provide its ([1d10 +10] + 10)x2 for a total of 2d10+40

Necroticplague
2016-03-02, 11:03 AM
Ok... So in the above example you provide its ([1d8 +10] + 10)x2 for a total of 2d8+40

Yes, and no. Yes, you're right, it's

(1d8+20)*2.
However, this is not the same as 2d8+40. While they have the same mean, max, and min, they have a different standard deviations.