PDA

View Full Version : Rapid shot and Manyshot, how do they work together?

codyleaderbrand
2016-03-02, 01:52 PM
So I was fumbling through the forums earlier and ran across a thread that ended up talking about rapid-shot and manyshot and how they couldn't be used together. The only time I've ever been privy to both of these feats they were used together. Could someone give me a full detailed explanation of how these work together, don't work together including with multiple attack BAB's. Pathfinder is the system in question but I'll take a 3.5 explanation as well since I believe they are the same.

ComaVision
2016-03-02, 01:54 PM
(3.5)

Manyshot is a standard action.

Rapid Shot is a full attack action.

They are incompatible.

Necroticplague
2016-03-02, 02:18 PM
So I was fumbling through the forums earlier and ran across a thread that ended up talking about rapid-shot and manyshot and how they couldn't be used together. The only time I've ever been privy to both of these feats they were used together. Could someone give me a full detailed explanation of how these work together, don't work together including with multiple attack BAB's. Pathfinder is the system in question but I'll take a 3.5 explanation as well since I believe they are the same.

The rules for PF and DnD are similar, but not exact. Both of those feats were changed in PF to function differently.

However, their interaction is very simply. Let's say you're BaB is +6/+1, and you have Rapid shot and Manyshot. You are using a bow (as required by Manyshot). So, you go to make a full-attack. You'd make 3 attacks, at +4/+4/-1 (as per rapidshot). The first of those +4 attacks would be with two arrows, thus hitting twice (as per manyshot). Rapidshot just gives you an extra attack, while Manyshot just makes one of your attacks more powerful.

Waazraath
2016-03-02, 02:24 PM
The rules for PF and DnD are similar, but not exact. Both of those feats were changed in PF to function differently.

However, their interaction is very simply. Let's say you're BaB is +6/+1, and you have Rapid shot and Manyshot. You are using a bow (as required by Manyshot). So, you go to make a full-attack. You'd make 3 attacks, at +4/+4/-1 (as per rapidshot). The first of those +4 attacks would be with two arrows, thus hitting twice (as per manyshot). Rapidshot just gives you an extra attack, while Manyshot just makes one of your attacks more powerful.

Ninja'd, nvm, didn't see PF.

codyleaderbrand
2016-03-02, 02:35 PM
Interesting, see I've heard the argument standard actions vs full attack but it always seemed like there was meant to by some synergy between the two feats.

I like this explanation, however I like following RAW so I figured I should know what exactly that was. I love the opinions keep it up, I'm very curious!

Feint's End
2016-03-02, 02:58 PM
Interesting, see I've heard the argument standard actions vs full attack but it always seemed like there was meant to by some synergy between the two feats.

I like this explanation, however I like following RAW so I figured I should know what exactly that was. I love the opinions keep it up, I'm very curious!

In pathfinder there is no problem with them interacting. Rapid shot gives you an additional attack and all your attack get -2 to hit. Many shot let's your first shot hit twice. Nothing contradicting there.

Also not seeing how the former poster said the first two shots get enhanced by many shot (sorry if I'm wrong). Many shot explicitely only enhances the first one.

Necroticplague
2016-03-02, 03:07 PM
Interesting, see I've heard the argument standard actions vs full attack but it always seemed like there was meant to by some synergy between the two feats. That's because that's how it worked in 3.5. In 3.5, Manyshot was a standard action that you attacked once with multiple arrows, while Rapid Shot buffed your full-round attacks. In PF, they were both adjusted to modify full-attacks, thus allowing them to work together. That's why Coma's response is that, when they say they're talking about 3.5.

Sayt
2016-03-02, 03:09 PM
Manyshot fundamentally changed from 3.5 to pathfinder. In 3.5 it was it's own standard action that let you fire a number of arrows that scaled with BAB and a penalty.

In Pathfinder, Manyshot basically gives your first attack gives you an extra hit if you hit when you full attack.

codyleaderbrand
2016-03-02, 03:11 PM
Gotcha, I think I follow now! Perfect, I'm trying to come up with a BBEG that can one-shot an NPC without cheese with a ranged weapon so this works out! Thanks for the help guys!

Psyren
2016-03-02, 03:21 PM
Pathfinder yes, 3.5 no.