PDA

View Full Version : Player Help 3.5 Yuan Ti Abomination PC Class help

SecretlyaFish
2016-03-02, 02:08 PM
So, I have been looking for a table for a racial class for the Yuan Ti Abomination but to no avail. The closest thing I could find was a Yuan Ti Halfblood but even then it was just a general "what the player gets" rather than earning the hit die.

I need help creating this class. My dm doesn't mind our group playing monster PC's as long as they are well thought out and well roleplayed, and he's going to allow me to play an abomination provided I earn the advancement as other classes do.

Normally, to make such a class, you add the hit die and the level adjustment, and then advance along that many levels to become a full race with all abilities. However we all know level adjustment is basically broken, not balanced at all. For example, I doubt anyone here would say that a Yuan Ti Abomination with 1 level of fighter is the equal of a 17th level anything.

So we are going to use a rule that uses the hit dice as the level adjustment. So for my Yuan Ti Abomination, it will be a 9 level racial class. Upon attaining 9th level, it will have all the abilities afforded a normal Yuan Ti Abomination, and then be free to advance normally in player classes upon attaining 10th level. In this way, my character is still powerful, but won't break a party or encounters.

I am working on trying to create it myself, but I am usually quite poor at such things, so I figured I'd ask the awesome guys here what they think. Here is a link to where you can view the Yuan Ti Abominations stats and special abilities. http://eberronunlimited.wikidot.com/yuan-ti-abomination

As I understand it, for stat bonuses, you subtract 11 from odd rolls and 10 from even rolls, and those are your stat bonuses. So +8 STR +2 DEX, +6 CON, +10 INT, +10 WIS, +8CHA. In the Savage Species book however they scaled this back on INT WIS AND CHA by -2 points each. Not sure if that was just a balance adjustment or which is the right one to use. Id prefer the lesser version personally because it has enough buffs already. Unfortunately Savage Species does not have a table for advancing as an Abomination as I could just modify that easily enough.

For those without the Savage book, along the 9 levels, it will gain this as follows, +8 BAB, fort +3, ref +6, will +6, nat armor +10, and then all its special abilities and attacks and spells, which I'm not sure in what order to give and what should be given first etc. I believe it gets alertness and blindfight as bonus feats in addition to the 4 it will get from natural progression.

I'm in the process of creating it myself but in in the meantime I was wondering if one of you ladies or gents might have a crack at it, if you can spare the time, maybe you have a better idea of how it would go than I do. Would muchly appreciate the help! Thanks and cheers.